Careful

In the winter heart

I was with Onew at the restaurant next to our company building in a meeting with Mr. Woo. He was preparing some papers for the next project and I was the one who will take and start the project. The date for the start for this project will be next year. Mr. Woo left after the meeting and I and Onew remained to talk a bit.

“So, are you happy with this travel?” he asked and I nodded. I must go to Japan to study some buildings for the resort project and Onew said I should go. So tomorrow I will head right to Japan. He told Mr. Woo it will be good for my experience to go. Onew was suppose to go but he send me. I am so happy.

“You must meet with a man I had classes in my first year at university. I will give you his contacts and send him an email to tell him meet you.”

“Ok. Is he old?” I asked and hoped for a positive answer. Old people are wise. Onew nodded.

“He is really an interesting man and he can show you lots of old buildings. Go to the central park. You’ll have what to watch. And take some notes. It will be very helpful.”

I will take this trip to make some research in Japan. The owner of the building at the resort want some changes but more like Japan architecture and I am the who will go and learn a bit. Onew is an expert already but he let me to go and that will help me. I am grateful because he is really taking care of me and tried to help me with my career.

“And you must call me when you have a bit free time. I must give you some advices while you are there. Ok?” he kept talking.

“Hey, Onew, do you think I can take Taemin with me?” I suddenly asked and he frowned looking at me, averting his gaze from the papers he was writing.

“Taemin? What does is has to do with your trip? Why should you take Taemin?” he frowned even more.

“I want to go there and take Taemin. This will help our friendship. Really.” I shrugged my shoulders and Onew squinted his eyes.

“I don’t get it. You go there to work. Not walk around with Taemin and play and ... whatever. Minho... do you ... ?” he didn’t finished his words.

“Look, you kissed him like there is no tomorrow Saturday night. And you have the guts to tell me you don’t love him? This is crazy.”

“I don’t love him. I kissed him because I was drunk. And no, I don’t love him.”

“What did he say after the kiss ended? Was he happy or sad?”

“He was... what’s the point? I explained him. I told him I was drunk and I kissed him because I didn’t know what I was doing. “

“And he wasn’t mad? He didn’t punch you? He is clearly in love with you too, like you are and he danced for you Saturday night. It’s clearly like is light outside.”

I shacked my head. Onew is talking nonsenses.

“It’s not like that Onew. I have brotherly feeling for Taemin. Saturday I was drunk. And Taemin knows this.”

“Minho... Minho you want to take Taemin to Japan to... spend the night with him?” he asked pointing every word.

“Spend the night with him? What do you mean?” I asked not sure about what he was talking about.

“Spend the night ... with him. I mean... sleep with him.” he shrugged his shoulders.

“I mean, you want to take him there and play the drunk and... you know.”

I just look at Onew narrowing my eyes.

“Spend the night with him you mean like...”

“Are you nuts? Sleep with him, make love with him, have with him, whatever you call it!” Onew raised his voice.

“What? I don’t want to... sleep with Taemin! He’s a boy. Gosh, Onew, how could you think about something like that?  I am disappointed.” He raised an eyebrow.

“Really? Because that’s what is seems you want to do. But please, don’t harm Taemin. Be careful to not harm him. Think about him too. He... really likes you and with your actions you make him confuse.”

“Don’t worry. He knows I want to be his friend and I will be his friend no matter what. I will not reject his friendship.” Onew rolled his eyes.

“What? Am I not right?” he rolled his eyes again and nodded slowly. I think Onew is mad. By the way he is looking at me he is definitely mad.

“I sweat Minho you are the most complicated, stupid and idiot person I ever meet.”

“What? Why do you say that?”

“Because by the way you kissed Saturday Taemin is clearly you are m.e.l.t.i.n.g. for Taemin. Really! And he is melting for you. This must be!” he said and I wondered why is he talking about.

“You want to sleep with him in Japan.” He said like a big and incontestable conclusion.

“No, Onew.... no. I want to take Taemin there like a trip with me. Like a trip with his best friend.” Onew nodded.

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say.”

“I will call Taemin this evening and ask him if he wants to come. When is the return?” I ask Onew and he took my ticket and searched.

“It’s Thursday at 1pm. And tomorrow at 2pm you leave.” He told me and I nodded. Today is Monday, and I have three days in Japan. Then Thursday comeback, and do I have to the resort Friday, right?” I asked sad because I didn’t want to go.

“Yes. You must come and we have a big meeting at 1pm.” Onew kept writing something in his agenda.

~

“Good luck Minho and take care of you.” Heechul told me as I shacked hands with him. Onew smiled and I moved to face him.

“Please be careful what you do.” I frowned.

“Onew, I am not going to do anything to Taemin. I am just his friend.” I pointed each words.

“We are not telling you to not touch Taemin! We are telling you to not harm him. Not harm him that way.”

“Now Heechul .... you are talking other language.”

“I mean not use Taemin and then say you are just his friend. I saw how you kissed him at the club. That wasn’t a kiss that good friends share. It was more, much more than just a friendship.” I nodded.

‘That’s why I take Taemin with me in Japan to show him we are good friends.”

One nodded and Heechul rolled his eyes. We were in a coffee shop and Heechul was the one who called me to meet here. I was still having about two hours till my plane leaves in Japan and I let  my lugagges in my car. Onew was the one who wanted to take me to the airport. I am here to talk to Heecul but I guess he wants to annoy me.

“Minho, you kissed him! And you really kissed him hard. What makes you kiss him like that?”

“I was just drunk. What the hell guys?”

“For a simple kiss it was very passionate.”

“Yeah, I know. I was drunk and Taemin understood. Besides, it wasn’t the first time!” the last part I mumbled the words but Heechul heard me.

“Wasn’t the first time? Did you kissed Taemin more than once? At the club wasn’t the first time???” Onew asked surprised. I shacked my head looking at my coffee. I think I blushed.

“It wasn’t the first time.” I admitted it and Heechul raised an eyebrow.

“When did you kiss him?”

“I kissed him when I first saw him after I find out he is a boy. That night I hit him and kiss ... him.” I admitted.

“What? But... you didn’t tell me this. You never told me. You just said you talk to him that night.” Onew said surprised and a tint of annoyance in his voice.

“Yes. I kissed him right after I caught him on the street and ...then again that night I couldn’t stop and kiss him again. He had his cheek bruised because I hit him and ... I just couldn’t help it.” I said and felt so damn ashamed. This isn’t good. It’s like I admit I’ve done something bad and I know I’m not.

~

I took Taemin from his house and get to the airport after the talk with Heechul and Onew. I must admit that I was a bit angry. How can they imagine I want to take Taemin to Japan just to sleep with him?

I honestly felt offended. Where did they get this idea?

I’m Taemin’s friend and most definitely I won’t sleep with him. And he’s a boy, for god’s sake. I found Taemin happy and I tried to get in the mood too but Heechul’s words echoed in my mind. I was pissed off and by the time the plane took off, Taemin noticed my bad mood and asked what’s wrong.

“I’m fine. I just... forget it. I will be fine. Look there.” I showed him the big sea under the plane. I tried to smile but I am sure Taemin sensed my bad mood.

“You can’t lie. I know something happened. What is it?” he asked again. I shacked my head.

“I’m ok. I will tell you later. Let’s talk about something else. Are you happy to go to Japan with me. “ he smiled and when I said ‘Japan with me’ Heechul’s words come again and felt the fury rise again in me.

Damn, I’m not taking Taemin to Japan to sleep with him! I can sleep with Taemin even in Seoul, if I want to. Not necessary has to be Japan. And most definitely I won’t sleep with him.

I am just happy to go there. I can’t wait  to land. I will try to visit as much as I can.

“It’s a pity tomorrow you are busy at the best of the  time.” He told me and I nodded. I have a meeting tomorrow but by the evening I’ll be free and I can go and visit some places with Taemin.

“We will have enough time. And when you go visit alone please take a lots of pictures, ok?”

“Ok.” His smile was kind and I stopped myself from caressing his cheek.

We arrived at the airport in Japan and took a taxi to the hotel. We took two rooms and took our luggage inside. I want to take a bath and then leave for the first meeting.

I am going to meet with Onew’s ex teacher. I let Taemin in his room to rest and left.

I took a bath and changed my clothes. Minho just left the hotel for his meeting and I want to take a walk in this big and beautiful city. I exited the hotel and walk till I found the center of the city. I took as many pictures as I could to show Minho and later, I’ll show him. it was nice and crowded and a bit too cold. I buy a scarf for me and one for Minho. They were both white and puffy. I hope he will like my present.

Suddenly a light rain started and I hide under a big tree. Later I saw it was a sakura tree. But it wasn’t blossomed yet. It’s only late February and that’s why is not yet blossomed. It would be nice to be. Maybe I’ll come here in April with Minho when sakura trees will blossom.

I was already drenched in water. I look at my wrist watch and I’m gonna be late! I established to meet Minho at 9pm and have dinner because of his schedule. It was already 8.45pm and it will take me more than 30 minutes to get back. I put my bag above my hand and hurried to find a taxi.

I find it 15 minutes later and I told the driver to hurry. At 9.05pm Minho called me and I apologized for being late.

“What happened to you?” he asked 30 minutes later when I entered the hotel and went right to his door. I was very wet and my hair looked terrible. The water was impregnate in all my clothes.

“Sorry for being late Minho. I’m really sorry. I went outside and forgot the time. And this rain started and...”

“It’s ok. You go to your room and change your clothes.” He said and gave me a towel to dry my hair. He pulled me closed and started to dry my hair with the towel.

“Go to your room and change. I’ll wait for you here and then we will go and eat. Ok?” I nodded and went to change.

We ate in silence then we go back in his room.

“Minho I brought you something. It’s a present for taking me here with you.” I gave him the scarf and he loved it! Especially because I had one too.

“Oh, thank you. I am really happy and I love it.” He said.

“Now... will you tell me why were you angry in the plane?” I asked and sat on his bed. He looked away.

“Heechul and Onew made me angry. They...it doesn’t matter.”

“But I want to know. Please tell me. You looked so distracted.” He took a deep breath.

“Are you sure you want to know? It’s something about us.” He finished. Then I wondered is Heechul and Onew think what Key thought?

“Tell me Minho. I want to know.” I assured him.

“Ok. Heechul and Onew think I brought you here... to sleep with you. And I was mad because of this.” He told me and Key thought the same. He asked me the same think before leave to the airport this morning.

“it’s ok Minho. Key thought the same this morning, he asked me if this is one of the reasons we came to Japan. To be alone and ... sleep. I don’t think you brought me here because of this. They are  silly. We are friends, right hyung?” hearing me call his hyung made him look surprised at me.

I smiled innocently.

“Of course Taemin. We are friends.” He said and I nodded.

“Want to watch tv together?” I nodded and we started the tv. It didn’t took me too long until I fall asleep on his pillow.  He woke me up and then I went to my room. Just a thought was in my sleepy mind. ‘I will get you in bed Minho. Soon.’