“7 Kisses” to make you feel better

In the winter heart

I yawned and stretch my back in the bed. It was Sunday and a beautiful sun raised from my window. Ah, beautiful day! I was tired.

Today I’ll have a party to attend and I’m happy. It’ll be so cool and relaxing. The company it throwing this party along with the construction team and I can’t wait. I was hoping to take Taemin with me.

Maybe she’ll came. Onew is really happy for this party and I can’t wait. Maybe I could steal a dace from Taemin. I am smiling like a mad person.

 I can imagine her in my arms dancing and blushing. His cute pink cheeks hiding under the bangs.

Ah, such a cute dream. I took my phone from the night table and look at the clock. Still early. I dialled her number and waited.

“Hello?” said a sleepy voice. Omo, I wake her?

“Hello? Good morning sleepy head.” I said in a bare whisper.

“Morning.” She answered me slowly still sleeping.

“I’m sorry I wake you up. I just wanted to talk to you. I have a party with my company this evening. And... I thought it would be nice to invite you. What do you say? Wanna come?”

“Ah, sorry. This evening I’ll be leaving for Seoul.”

“Again? Something happened?” I asked worried.

“Oh no. Nothing happened, just my friend is coming from England. I need to take him from the airport. And then we will come back here.”

“Oh.” It was just all I could mutter.

“He is moving here with me and we need to arrange the apartment.”

“How long are you going to stay in Seoul?”

“Just a few days. Maybe till Thursday. Something like that.” She told me and I nodded besides she couldn’t see me.

“Tomorrow are you heading to Seoul?”

“This evening. I will pick him up from the airport tomorrow but I want to go there this evening.”

“Ok. Promise me you’ll call me?” I asked and this sounded cheesy, right? I know but I didn’t had time to spend with her too much and that was frustrating. Maybe I am in love with her. I do have the symptoms, right? Like Onwe said, I am slowly falling in love.

“Can we meet? Maybe we could take the breakfast together?” I said and she murmured a few unknown words.

“Sorry, I didn’t catch that.” I said rolling in the bed.

“I said we could meet. I’m still sleeping but I’ll be ready in a half an hour? Is it ok?” a now full awake Taemin answered me.

I ended the call and look at the ceiling. So Taemin won’t come with me. I won’t dance with her. That’s sad. At least for me. I so wanted to invite her!

~  =  ~

The party started and I looked around bored. Onew is here, next to me but still I hoped I would have fun with Taemin. She’s not here and I am bored. I wanted to have time with her. It’s Sunday and this week I barely saw her.  I sighed and a friend dragged me on the dance floor.

“Come dance with us. Why are you standing there sad and alone?” he told me. He was a bit drunk I could tell. I didn’t drink yet and I don’t want to get drunk. Tomorrow I have lots of work.

I need to prepare some plans and gave them to the construction team. And I want to take Taemin to see the house when she’ll came here and no one will be in the house. I will explain her how the construction will change the house and what I am working on. I want to show her what is my job and what I do in my work time.

The house is pretty big and surely we can spend a few hours there. Maybe... I was thinking to invite her to take diner there and ... a date, yes!

I am thinking to prepare her a diner-surprise there, when the house will be empty and spend the time with her. Now, don’t imagine things. It will just be romantic to be there.

The 4th level has a beautiful view of the resort and by night all the resort light can be seen from there. It’s an amazing view and that room has balcony and besides balcony, the wall facing the resort is all made by glass.

It will be hard to warm the room but for the few hours I’m gonna spend there with her it will be ok. And the diner will be quick, something easy made, like pizza or maybe some hot ramen. Nothing more. It’s not a romantic thing so don’t overreact.

The curtains in that room are white-yellow and the room is so big and has a big couch and a little wooden table. The tv is huge. So, as I said, the place is wonderful.

The party is on, everybody is dancing and having fun. I can see Onew dancing with a girl. At least he’s happy. He smiles so wide. He’s a quiet and shy person. I always thought he will fall in love first and get marry. But he didn’t.

I don’t even remember any girlfriend he had. That’s odd.

~

I opened the door and entered my car. I sighed. Finally my friend will be landing in Korea. I am in front of my building and ready to pick him from the airport. It’s so snowy today. Nothing seems ok. I just meet HeeChul and he came from Paris.

I finally get to the airport and there it was Key. I didn’t know what to do. I just jumped in his arms and let all the feelings wash over me. I was so happy to see the person I care there, for me. I felt alone these days and I don’t know why. I wanted someone to take care of me and a person who I could say all I wanted. Like the way my heart feels lately.

“Taeminiiiiiii!” he exclaimed when he saw me. I hugged him and he hugged me back. It was so good to be close to him.

We headed home and we kept talking all the way. There was no silent moment in our ride home. Not even when I helped Key put his things in their places. He loved my apartment and I was happy. He will be living with me and I can’t wait to introduce him to HeeChul, the owner and then he must meet MinHo. The man that believes I’m a girl.

“Wow, Taemin, your hair is really long!” he exclaimed the first moment he saw me in the airport.

I laughed and ruffled my hair.

“Am I pretty?” I asked and he nodded.

“You’ve always been pretty Taemin.” I blushed.

“Thanks.” I murmured.

The next few days we walked in Seoul and showed the places I came to know in the little time I was here before him. There weren’t too many places and we went to explore. Tuesday evening we got lost but I used my phone and we went back safe.

It was funny and exciting in the same time. Wednesday both of us meet HeeChul for lunch and when HeeChul left me and Key, we went shopping. He’s a diva and loves fashion clothes. He buy me a pair of black skinny jeans.

And a sweater. It was so puffy and warm. It was blue and he buy a jacket. It’s yellow, and a pair of gloves. He will need them at the resort. Now it will be funny with Key by my side. We can go together skating, snowboarding. But Key doesn’t know how to skate. MinHo does...

My thoughts stopped at Minho. I pulled out my phone and texted him.

I stared at the phone for more than 20 minutes not knowing how to begin: Hello MinHo-nope... hey, how are you-nehhh.... MinHo hyung – but he knows I’m a girl... then maybe Oppa? Wtf  I’m not a girl... so maybe what are you doing?- so stupid...

I couldn’t decide what to write and I sighed. I was on my balcony and watching the night take over Seoul. It was cold and I was wearing only a green t-shirt and my hair in a pony tail.

 

To MinHo, 6.11pm Wednesday: How is the weather there? I will be at the resort tomorrow evening with my friend.

And I pushed the send button. It’s a bit too stupid my text message but what could I write?

I heard the curtains open behind me and Key exited in the balcony putting a warm jacket over my shoulders.

“What are you doing here alone?” I sighed at his words.

“I was thinking.” I simply said still looking at Seoul night lights.

“About? Your face doesn’t look happy. Something’s really bothering you.” Key asked.

“I was thinking about my mom. And dad.” Key nodded putting his hands on the cold edge of the balcony, next to me.

“I feel like it’s my fault for what happened. I feel like if... if I wouldn’t accuse that woman... my parents... “ I sighed and sat on the chair in balcony. Key turned and looked me his foots almost hitting the chair’s legs.

“It’s not your fault. Forget everything.” He caressed my cheek and I look up, in his eyes. Key’s smile made me always feel ok. Like everything is ok and now it wasn’t an exception.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out.

“Don’t tell me that man is texting you.” He said and I laughed.

“How did you guess?”

“Because your face lighted up when you read that message.” He told me and turned to look at me. The Seoul night view was behind him.

“My face lighted up?” I asked again and he nodded.

~

“Why the hell are you calling me again?” I yelled and my tears started to fall. I felt my heart broke and I let myself fall on my knees. That woman called me again and she’s trying to make me cry again with her venom. I came back from Seoul this morning with Key and we just finished to put our things in the closet. Key is right now in the bedroom. I am in the bathroom, I just finished to wash my teeth. This night the resort is not so quiet as expected.

The woman who called me is a bad woman.

She told me bad thing which made my heart race again and blood speed. I felt like boiling and I just wanted to grab her by the neck and kill her. Ok, I don’t want to kill her but I want to make her disappear from this world. She hurt me so much and my parents too. I still don’t know how she still lives in this world!

That is the responsible for my parent’s death! I hate her and I want to make her suffer. I want to kill her and before kill her, I want to torture her and suffer like I did!

“Are you crying little one? Your parents must be crying too in hell! Because they are in hell, where deserve to be! Damn you and your little mom! I hate you!” She told me and I slipped on the floor, my cheeks filled with bitter tears. I don’t know why is she so bad and evil. I want to live in peace. She ruined my family.

I ended the call and run outside before Key will see me. In my way out I pushed some people and before I knew, I was hiding at the mushroom tree, on the hill. It was a peaceful place. No one was there. Right now, the resort was full of people. It was Thursday and everyone was outside, enjoying the night. So in that hill, at the mushroom tree no one could find me and see how bad I’m crying.

I sat on the snow and cried my heart out. For more than 10 minutes I cried till my eyes almost went dry. I couldn’t believe she had the guts to call me after so many months and torture me. I saw my palms wet with tears and still I couldn’t stop. I am still hurt and every memory from those times make me feel bad. I can’t stop myself from crying. It’s awful and I can’t even stay close to Key because he’ll feel bad too. And I don’t want him to cry for me.

I heard a noise and turned. I was standing in the snow, under the mushroom tree, with my legs buried in my chest and my arms hugged them close. My cheeks soaked in tears.

When I saw him there, my eyes went wide and I couldn’t say anything.

“Taemin... “ he said and approached me. A hand on my shoulder made me realise how cold I was, how cold my body was. I was there for more than 20 minutes, crying.

“What happened Taemin?” he asked again. I stood up and wanted to leave but he stopped me catching my wrist. I look at him and shock my head. He understood. I needed him to not ask questions.

His arms embraced me and I closed my eyes before feeling his arms around me. He was warm and I leaned in the touch. Still sobbing and crying he created small circles on my back, trying to comfort me and I stopped from crying. I was facing his back and I could feel his breath on my ear. It was a comforting hug and for the first time I could feel safe. Safer than in Key’s arms. That scared me and I let go MinHo’s waist. He smiled wiping my tears. His palm was warm and I closed for a second my eyes leaning in his touch.

“Taemin... “ he whispered and I opened my eyes. I could feel how sorry he was for me.

I wanted so bad to hug her again! I could feel how sad she was. Her cheeks were red and her eyes were so puffy. I wanted to comfort her besides I didn’t know what happened. She cried badly, I could tell. How can I make her feel better?

She leaned in my touch and I whispered her name. She quickly opened her eyes and looked at me with a frightened look.

“It’s ok. I’m here.” I said as I put my arms around her again. She put her cold hands on my shoulders and let me hug her. After a few minutes I let her go and she took a seat on the branch behind me. I sat next to her, looking in her eyes. They were still puffy and red. She cried a lot, I could tell. I patted her shoulder and she looked at me.

“You don’t have to tell me anything.” I whispered and she slowly nodded. My fingers were now caressing her cheeks and the skin under her right ear. She cleaned her nose with her handkerchief.

“You know... my mom use to calm me when I was little with a game she invented. And even when I grow up and I was sad, or crying, she used that little game and made me feel good.” She looked at me.

“Want to try the game? It might make you feel better.” I told her and after a few seconds she nodded. I smiled and knelled in front of her, in the snow.

“It’s a story of ‘7kisses’. It’s about the magical kisses you receive from a person who cares about you and ... you just feel better .” I told her and I looked in her eyes. a tear escaped her eyes and I frowned wiping it away.

I leaned and kissed her lightly on her forehead cupping with both my hands her cold cheeks. She closed her eyes and accepted the kiss.

“The first one.” I whispered then leaned to kiss her left eye.

“The second.” I said again. I looked at her and kissed the right eye.

“Third.” I smiled and stopped for an assuring smile.

“Fourth.” I said while kissing her left cheek and wiped her wet tears with my lips. I think she blushed but I’m not sure.

“The fifth one.” I kissed the other cheek. She had a strange look in her eyes but didn’t pushed me away. That was good. I still had two kisses more.

“The sixth one is here... “ I whispered as I kissed the tip of her nose. She closed her eyes and stay like that for a few seconds then opened them slowly.

The seventh one it should be on the lips. But could I kiss her there?

“Here.” I said as I leaned and kissed her on the chin. I smiled. She looked at me. I couldn’t understand what her eyes were telling me. She didn’t move but either pushed me away.

“The seventh kiss should be on the lips. But...  are you feeling better now?” I asked and she kept looking at me. Our faces were so close. Almost touching.

For the first time in my life I felt weird. My stomach growled and I wanted to run.

No. I lied. For the first time I wanted to push my tongue inside his mouth. Between those pink lips. Yes, I wanted to push my tongue between those rosy lips of his.

 I didn’t like the kiss on my chin simply because I wanted to kiss him senseless on the lips and make him moan my name so bad. What’s wrong with me? I am not gay. I had three girlfriends till now and I don’t like boys. I just feel ok with him. And the hug from him was so damn hot and ...

Definitely I’m not ok today.