Touch

In the winter heart

I left Onew in the restaurant and exited the building. He remined to draw and work on the plans and I went to the house where we were working to take some pictures to help us understand how it’s build. In my way there I saw the girl I meet yesterday walking with a snowboard in her hands. Did she know how to snowboard? I wondered and assumed that she must be hot snowboarding and I surely want to see her.

“Oi!!!!” I screamed and she turned to look at me. I waved my hand so she could see me, as she was a bit too far away. Her face changed a bit when she saw me. I don’t know how to explain but she frowned and her face looked like she was about to murder me and in the same time I knew she was pleased to see me.

“Hey, how are you? Remember me?” I approached her and she let her snowboard down on the snow. She smiled!

She smiled, ah... that smile!

“Hi! I didn’t believe I would see you again.” She told me and ...did she blushed??? How cute! We entered a bar and she buy a water bottle.

“I told you yesterday I will be here for a few months and we will meet again.” I told her and she nodded.

“Ok then. Aaa... I will go now. I was on my way to go and play with this snowboard.” She told me showing me the path.

“Ok. Hey... could I....ah, could I come with you? I will just take pictures of the surroundings and... of you if you want. I would love to see you snowboarding?” I asked her and she thought for a second then she nodded. I smiled bright.

Oh, this will be cool. And no, I won’t fall for this girl, besides Onew said that I should fall again and be happy. She is beautiful and attractive but I don’t want to fall for her. Not so soon. Because I might get hurt again and I don’t want this to happen.

“Do you like ski, snowboarding maybe?” she asked me and I smiled. What should I tell her? The truth?

“Well, I don’t ski, not even skating, snowboarding. I... well, had an accident when I was little, around 8 years old... I broke my leg. Since then I tried to ‘hate’ the winter sports. Since then I don’t like winter for its sports. I do love winter because it is the most beautiful season of all but I don’t do sports.”

“Well, I love winter sports and I can’t live without skating or any other sport. I use to go every winter with my parents in Switzerland, and spend the time together. I learned every winter sport since I was little.” She told me and smiled like crazy.

God, I love her smile!

“Can I take a picture with you?” I asked taking my camera. She blushed and thinking a bit she nodded slowly.

“Sorry, can you take a picture of us?” I asked a random guy in that bar and he took a picture of us.

Isn’t she beautiful!? I think her smile is amazing. And look at her eyes.

 

“Perfect! You look perfect here. If you give me your number I’ll send it to you.” I told her and she nodded.

“Not now, let’s go.” She drag me outside the bar. Her hand touched mine and I felt chills down my spine as her fingers drag me by the wrist. She turned and looked for a second at me and then turned shy to look away. I blushed. My heart started to jump like crazy. Sure I like this girl and touching her made me happy. But still, why my heart beats so crazy?

 

What have I done? I touched him! I drag him outside the bar by the wrist and I felt my heart skip a beat. A cold chill ran on my neck and I blushed. Turning for a second I saw his cheeks burn as well and I wanted to run. But I turned and hurried towards the place I was suppose to ski.

 I never let go his wrist until we were there and I started to dress. I took my hat and covered my hair, not before tie it, and put my scarf around. I covered my mouth with it, to now inhale cold air and then the gloves. Minho looked at me and I quickly turned to look away. Why in the hell I feel so shy around him? Yesterday I wasn’t so shy, why now?

Anyway, I put my snowboard on the snow and try a few times around MinHo my snowboard. It was perfect made for me and I was happy I rented it. He started to take pictures around and with me. I smiled at the camera and then I climbed in a bigger hill. He waited for me at the end of the hill, taking pictures as I slipped on my snowboard falling towards him. He laughed when I fall in the snow and of course a few pictures were taken. I will kill him later, after I go back to my apartment.

I stopped and walked towards MinHo. He waited for me and ruffled my hair as I took out my hat.

“Let’s go in that place.” I showed him another hill we were supposed to play and go there. MinHo and I went in the top  and I pulled my snowboard and went down in a rush. It was fun. My snowboard was very good and it slipped in the snow very easy. MinHo waited for me up and took pictures. I think he took around 200 pictures. I was so gonna ask him to send me those too.

I went to MinHo finally, when I was tired and the day almost ended. It was late evening and I was hungry. And I guess MinHo too.

“It was fun! I took so many pictures today! It’s the best vacation I had in many years. And believe me, I haven’t many vacations. I will send you those pictures; just give me your number and your email address, ok?” MinHo kept talking like crazy and I laughed.

“I will.” I told him and walked towards where the hotels and restaurants were.

“I’m hungry, want to go eat something?” he asked me and I was so hungry and nodded. God, my stomach was growling like crazy, and I patted my belly.

We went to return my snowboard and then we find a nice place to eat. My hands were frozen, but the fireplace was right next to our table and after 10 minutes I warmed them. MinHo was checking the menu and I asked for a bottle of water. The waitress brought me and we asked for dinner. It was warm and a quiet place there. The restaurant where we were it was not far from the building where my rested apartment was. I yawned and laughed when MinHo yawned too seconds later after me.

The diner came and MinHo’s phone ring on the table.

“Hello, Onew!” he answered happy but his face faded.

“OH MY GOD! I’m so sorry Onew. I forgot. Really, the time slipped and I forgot. I went to take some pictures, I meet with the girl....” he said and looked at me “I meet yesterday and she went with the snowboard. I followed her and took a lots of pictures.” He told this Onew and I started to eat. It seems MinHo forgot to meet with his friend?

“Yeah, I’m sorry. I guess you can come here with us?” he said and looked at me questioning if I was agree. I nodded and he took a slip from the glass he had.

“Why not? Come on? .... okay then. See you tonight in the hotel? Ok, bye and I’m really sorry. Bye.” He ended the call and sighed.

“Ah, I forgot I was suppose to meet Onew, my friend and discuss some plans for the house we work.” He told me and I raised an eyebrow eating a big spoon of hot soup.

“But he doesn’t want to come here. He wants us to meet later. Eh, not big deal, he won’t get mad. I hope.” He said starting to eat. It was so pleasant to eat with him.

Someone told me once that the best way to get closer to someone is to take diner with that person. And I and MinHo were very relaxed and I felt so good in his company. And I guess he feel the same.

“So, you still haven’t told me why did you move from England here?” MinHo asked me suddenly after we finished our diner.

“I left...because I wanted to change the place. I have... a lots of bad memories there.” I told him not wanting to elaborate the reason. MinHo felt it and nodded changing the subject.

“So, how do you like Korea? Did you have enough time to visit?”

“No, no way. I came here right after I moved. I rented an apartment in Seoul and then I came here. It is winter and I love winter. So I searched on internet and this seems the best place to ski, snowboard and skating from Korea. So that’s why I am here.” I told him biting my lips. Yeah, I like the most winter. It’s a beautiful season.

“Yes, this is the best place in Korea for winter sports. And I’m glad you came here.” He told me staring at me like a piece of meat. Ahahaha ... that’s how I feel now.

“What made you came in Korea? How did you learned the language? As I know, in Europe our languages are hard and difficult to learn.” He asked me and I laughed.

“My mom taught me since I was little. She use to speak with me in Korean and it was pretty easy to learn.” I told him. Our conversations were so calming and relaxed. Besides we just meet, it seemed like we know each other like forever. We like each other company and I would like to spend more time with him.

 

“So, don’t you miss England? Woman, you speak like you’ve been living here forever and you don’t miss your house, friends, parent. Is England so easy to forget?” I asked her and she felt a bit uncomfortable with my question.

“My parents died six months ago.” She told me and I was surprised. And I was so sorry. Her eyes were watery and I put my hand over hers. She looked down to hide her eyes and I looked away.

“Look, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you by asking. I was just...”

“It’s ok. Don’t worry.” She looked at me and her eyes were so shining and beautiful.

“hey, you haven’t told me your name.” I said and she laughed wiping her eyes.

“My name?” I nodded.

“Why do you need to know my name?” Huh? I mean, HUH?

“Are you serious? Why would I need to know your name???” she looked at me with those beautiful eyes, between her bangs.

“Maybe because I thought we are... friends? And friends know each other’s name? You know mine. And I would tell you anything about me if you ask.” I told her and she smiled.

“What name do you think I have?” she suddenly asked.

“I don’t know. Just tell me already.”

“Let’s do this. You give me a name and I will accept it.”

“You have an ugly name, right? That’s the reason you don’t want to tell.” I smiled and wanted to make fun of her. Of course, as long as she doesn’t mind.

“Give me a name and I will accept. Think about what kind of name would fit me.” She told me again and I think for a second. I narrowed my eyes eyeing her.

“It has to be something with Min.” I think for a second more.

“Min? Like Yi Min, SooMin?” she asked and I nodded.

“So, your name is Yi Min?” she shocked her head.

“SooMin?” she shocked again.

“Then I’ll call you 2Min and that’s it!” I laughed and she laughed too.

“Fine, then TwoMin?” I nodded.

“My name is with Min too.” I sighed.

“Tell me, Twomin, what do you miss the most from England?” I suddenly asked her.

“I guess my 5oclock time tea. I use to drink it with my parents, or my friend, Key. Now, in Korea, I drink that tea but alone. It’s a real ritual.” She said after thinking for a few seconds.

“Then let’s drink that tea together. I will drink tea with you. Should I ask for two cups?” I almost raised my hand to ask the waitress but she stopped me.

“No! Wait. It’s a ritual. We use to stay in the living room, around a round table, a certain specific tea each day and listening a certain music.” She told me and I bitted my lips.

“Then... what tea do you eat today? It’s Saturday.” I asked curious.

“Well, I have brought from England a lot of boxes with tea and I can make it in my house. That’s ok, in Korea you don’t find that kind of tea.” She told me and I sighed.

 

“And... if you want...” I thought for a second “you can come this evening and drink tea with me. I will prepare for both.” I said and gulped. I don’t want him to misunderstand me. I invited him in my apartment. Is it ok, right? Nothing bad can happen and maybe he’ll figure out that I’m a boy.

It was dark outside and we headed to the building where I was staying. My heart was beating like crazy and I don’t know why. I mean come on! He is a boy, nothing can happen and I just invited him to drink some tea with me. Since he pay for my diner.

Still, my hands were sweaty and my chest was about to broke. My heart was beating so hard. I don’t know why. I just invited him to drink tea, he’s a boy. What the hell?

We arrived in the building and the elevator door closed. I pressed the button to the level I had my apartment and the box with us started to move.