Tea

In the winter heart

I opened the door and left my keys in the little table. MinHo followed me and I smiled stopping in the middle of living room. He seemed amazed by my apartment and I giggled.

“Something wrong?” I asked and he looked at me.

“No, it’s just that I love the way it is designed this room. Wow.” I said and she opened her jacket. She let it on the couch and I did the same.

“You can look around. The apartment is pretty big and you can ...look?” she told me and I nodded.

“I will prepare the tea in the kitchen.” She showed me the door to the kitchen and went in that way.  I looked around the room and the living was great! It had a big dark-blue couch and a little glass table in the middle. The carpet under the table was black with a few sprout flowers with white. The tv was in front of the table.

I walked around and entered the next room. It was a small room. It had a big bed and a table in the middle. It wasn’t used as I could figure it out. 2Min room must be the other. I entered in her room and smiled. It was a pair of jeans in the chair and the bed was carefully made. I quickly exited the room and went where 2Min told me a few minutes ago told me the kitchen was. I pushed slowly the kitchen door and there she was.

With her back at me she was working with the cups and the teapot. The steam fly in the air and it smelled so damn good. I always loved England. For the soccer and other things.

Her back was arching as she poured the hot water. I watched her in silent and her hair fall so beautiful on her back. I took a step closer and put my hands on her shoulders. She almost jumped three foots in the air and turned to look at me.

“It’s you. You scared me.” She turned her head again to the pot and I smiled. I watched as she prepared the tea over her shoulder and I could clearly tell her hands were shaking.

Ha, so she likes me? I like her too, she’s beautiful and amazing. But I must be careful not to fall for her and be hurt again. I decided to let a time slip before I fall again. Two years it will be enough for my break. So that’s why I don’t want to fall again soon. My last girlfriend, Ae Min broke my heart.

“Go in the living room, the tea will be ready in a minute.” She told me with a shaking voice. Am I the reason? Do I intimidate her? Maybe.

I left the kitchen and she followed me a minute later. She put the tea in the table along with a plate with biscuits. Hm, they look good.

“This tea is called EarlyGray. I love it and it taste so damn good.” She told me smiling and pouring tea in my cup. I nodded.

“Let me taste it.” I drink a small sip and nodded.

“2Min it taste so good! Give me more.” I said and she smiled.

“You can pour as much as you want.” She said and drink her tea too.

“Take some biscuits too.” I took one and it tasted really good with the tea. We stayed like that for a long time. Maybe it was two hours but I really enjoy her presence. She’s cute and funny. I can have a lot of fun with her. Her smile never leaves her face, her lips. We talked about everything and told me a few things about England. One day I hope go there too.

“Maybe you’ll take me with you in England one day.” I said and she laughed.

“I don’t know if I will ever go there.” She looked at her cup and pursued her lips. Her hands were shaking and I cursed myself for talking about this. There is something that happened there and she is really hurt because of this. But what could be? Maybe her parents? I don’t know. I just hope that there, in her past, isn’t a man that made her be so hurt. Maybe something else, but not a man that hurt her. Because otherwise I would kill him.

She looked away. We were on the carpet, in front of the little table and the couch in her back. I was facing her. I put my hand over hers and sighed.

“I’m sorry if I did something wrong. I’m so stupid.” I said and she looked at me shaking her head. She had tears in her eyes and I frowned. God, I’m so stupid! I made her cry. I should be careful what I say because I don’t want to send her away with my words.

“It’s ok. I’m just... be right back.” She left to the bathroom and came a minute later with her face wet. She wiped her tears and washed her face.

“And maybe one day I’ll take you to England.” She told me and we kept talking about each other, she told me how are people there and other stuff I don’t even remember. Seriously, we talked about everything. And the thing is we are really alike. We think about the different subjects the same. I’m glad I meet her. She’s so like me and we can become good friends. We already are good friends.

“I must send you those pictures I took today.” I said and took my camera from the bag. She nodded and waited for me.

“Give me your phone number first.” I said playful.

“Oh, god! Ok. Here.” She handed me the phone and I save my number with the name  ‘MinHo <3’ and handed it back. I look in mine and her name was just ‘2Min’ as I called her all day. I threw her a look and she smiled guilty.

“Tell me your name, please. The real one.” I pleaded and she shoke her head.

“Why not?” I was alarmed and so damn wanted to know her name.

“It’s ugly my name.” She simply said. I wanted to catch her and threw my hand above the table and she fall back, trying to avoid my hand, laughing. Then I got up and run after her. I catch her in the kitchen. I caught her shoulder and she turned laughing. I let her go and pouted.

“Your real name, please.” But she smiled and shoke her head.

“It’s ugly. And you already gave me a name I like.” Finally I accepted and then we sat on the couch to send her the photos I took today.

“Let’s take a photo together again.” I said and turned the camera to take a selca of I and her.

“But we already have a picture.”

“Another one.” I said and smiled.

 

I send then the photos to her phone and I looked at my watch.

“Ah, it’s so late 2Min! Gotta go. Onew waits for me.” I stood up and she smiled.

“Then... maybe we could meet tomorrow. Lunch?” I asked and she nodded.

“This would be nice.” She added at the door and I took my shoes. I left waving and smiling like an idiot.

I opened 20 minutes later the door to my room and threw myself on the bed still with the jacket on. I sighed with a big smiled in my face. My heart was bursting with happiness and I don’t know why. I just spend the time with her. But I’m happy. I have a new friend and she’s amazing! Tomorrow I’ll see her again and I have her number.

I wonder why she doesn’t tell me her name. I promise I won’t laugh because I’m sure her name is ugly, that’s why she doesn’t tell me her name. But that’s ok. She’s beautiful enough, and she is great! She’s super clever also!

I need to call Onew, otherwise I will be spazzing like an idiot around this room.

“Onew, hyung?” his voice sounded sleepy.

“Yeah, MinHo? Ah, I fall asleep, sorry. What time is it?” he asked me sleepy.

“It’s almost 10pm. Sorry, the time fly. I was still with 2Min.” I told him and I smiled again.

“TwoMin? Is she TwoMin? What kind of name is this???” Onew asked confused.

“She doesn’t want to tell me her name, that’s why I renamed her 2Min.” I told him happy.

“But why 2Min???” he asked me.

“Min it comes from me, MinHo, and because I think the Min name really suits her because she’s little and fragile, delicate, frail and beautiful. I so like her. We are good friends now.” I kept talking and suddenly stopped.

“I talk to much right?” Onew let a loud sigh.

“Are you in love MinHo? Because that’s fine, but I don’t want you to get hurt. It’s ok as long as she loves you back.” He told me in a concerned voice.

“What? No way, I’m not in love but I like her like a person and we are good friends. We get well together and I love the way she thinks and her all world is amazing. She promised me to take me one day in England. Did I told you she lived there until now?”

“Yeah, a couple of times. That’s good MinHo. When am I gonna meet this amazing girl?” he asked me and I thought.

“Tomorrow if you want. I promised her to take her to lunch.”

“No. Another time, tomorrow is a date. I won’t come to stay between you two. Another time, ok?” I sighed.

“Ok. But promise me it will be soon.

“Ok. Now I will be in your room in a few minutes to talk about the plan. Tomorrow morning we will meet with Jonghyun. The plans are almost ready and Jonghyun said he has some ideas that can help us or if we like them we can use. He needs to discuss them with us.”

“Ok. Tomorrow. What time?”

“We will take breakfast with him. Ah, and tomorrow at 4pm we will go there with the construction team.”

~

“Ah... I’m so tired.” Onew yawned and Jonghyun laughed.

“I didn’t slept too well last night either.” He told us.

“I was working late with this brat. He was out at the date and we had to work till late.” Onew told Jonghyun throwing the blame of his sleepless night on me.

“Hey! I wasn’t on a date, I just spend the day with her and the time fly.” I told them and Jonghyun look at the clock.

“I’ve gotta got guys. Meet tonight at the meeting?” me and Onew nodded and he left a minute later.

“I’ll be going to walk around. I want to ski or maybe go skating. Want to come?” Onew asked me and I looked at him. We were in the restaurant where we meet with Jonghyun this morning.

“No. I will eat lunch with 2Min. “ I told him.

“Ah, I forgot. Okay then. Don’t forget about the meeting tonight, at 4pm, ok? Onew reminded me and I nodded. Ah, this day I will not see her as much as yesterday. I must confess I abandoned a bit my work since I meet her. That’s a bit unusual to me. I’m a workaholic and now Onew is trying to make me come back on my workaholic path. I laughed at the thought and he waved.

“See you later.” He left and I took my phone to call her.

“2Minnie!” I said when she answered to the phone.

“Where are you?” she told me in a small voice, she was all frozen in a hill, snowboarding like yesterday.

“Ah... I wish I would be with you. So, are you come over to have lunch. I hope you didn’t forget. You promised yesterday.”

“I’ll come. Where are you?” she asked and I told her where I was and decided to eat lunch right there. So I waited for her while I was looking on my plans for the reconstruction.

“Hey!” she jumped in front of me and took the seat next to me. I smiled and I felt happy to see her smile so wide. She must be happy to see me too.

“Hey, how was snowboarding today?” I asked and she waved.

“I think it will snow and it wasn’t as nice as yesterday.”

“Because I wasn’t there?” I smiled and laughed.

“Don’t be like that! Don’t flatter yourself! It’s because it will snow today and the weather is colder than yesterday.” Her phone started to ring and she answered.

“Hello? Yeah, something wrong? ... ok... tomorrow? It’s fine. I’ll try. Ok. Thanks for telling me.” She ended the call and looked at her phone.

“Something wrong?”

“Oh, no. I just need to go to Seoul. Something with the apartment I just rented. The owner HeeChul need me there. He wants to change the pipes in all the building and I need to be there to open the door when the people in charged with this will come. They can’t enter without me being there.” She explained.

“So you’ll be in Seoul for a few days?” I asked sad. She nodded.

“Three days I think. But I’ll be back.” She promised and I smiled. Surely she wants me close. Hm... I will miss her too.