Shining Eyes

In the winter heart

“Ouch!” I said as I walked towards the door and hit my hand on the table. That’s what happened when I am in a hurry and I don’t pay attention to what I do.

I opened the door slowly and I found myself in the most amazing landscape I ever seen. I am a person who loves winter but I never thought that the mountains could look as spectacular as these ones. It was amazing! I walked towards the door and averted my eyes from the window.

The cold air hit my face and I rubbed my hands together to make them warm. I didn’t have time to waste. I wanted to enjoy the time I received with my friend from the company where we work so I walked towards the telechair. It was full of people so I should stay and wait for my turn. It will probably take an hour to get my turn but however I wanted to wait. I saw my friend far away exiting the hotel where we were staying and waved at him. He smiled when he saw me and came quickly.

“Hey. It’s so cold, right? I didn’t thought could be this cold here. I guess I need some warm clothes.” He told me and I laughed.

We came to this ski resort to build a new hotel/house for guess and we are here to work. I don’t know how much it will take us to do it.

I work in a big company. Its name is BrickWall-KO and I am one of the three architects. My friend Onew is working in the same office as I work and we are best friends. The building we are about to construct here is taking more than we all thought because of the ground me must change our plans and redo the plans.

I meet Onew and went to the telechair. We decided to take a walk to see the places around and get to know the surrounding because we won’t be able to leave this place for at least a few months. I just hope it won’t last more than a year. Hopefully not. At the company, they planned to take it around 8months.

Onew waited for me in front of the hotel where the president was staying and we both left. I had my notebook and a pen for notes I could do and a camera. I like to take personal pictures besides I need them for my architect plans. Onew had his own camera and he was exited as always.

“Hey, MinHo, you’ll not believe what I eat for lunch.” He told me as we walked towards the telechair. Of course I could guess.

“Chicken?” I asked and he smiled.

“How did you knew?” he asked and I laughed.

“Oh come on Onew! You always get this exited when you eat chicken.” I told him and patted his back.

Finally we went in the telechair and it started to move. I enjoyed the view more than my friend since I am a winter lover and before we reached the highest place in the mountain I saw a person under us, between the snowy trees, she walked and her hair was flaying in the wind so beautiful and amazing.

“Look Onew, there.” I showed my friend the girl in the snow and he nodded.

“Her hair looks good. Maybe she’s beautiful.” He told me and I nodded showing my wide smile. Onew knew I liked girls with beautiful hair. We were high above the ground and I couldn’t see her face but I wondered if I will see her when I will be on ground and recognize her. I have a thing for girls with beautiful hair. And her hair was amazing.

It didn’t take long since we reached the end of our walk in that telechair and Onew was again hungry. He left me alone in the middle if the street, surrounded by happy and exited people. I started to walk around to take some pictures like I usually do and getting on a hill I saw in the far sight a tree with a strange shape. It was a single tree in the valley after that hill and it looked so beautiful. It looked like a mushroom with all the snow covering its branches and I laughed. It looked so interesting and amazing.

“Maybe I can reach that place and take some pictures?” I said to myself and started to run towards the tree. I get there after 20 minutes fighting with the snow, following foots that were made by someone else before me and when I approached the mushroom head a girl was there, on the ground.

She looked at me surprised, with scared eyes and a big red nose, probably because of the cold air. I tried to smile but she didn’t smile back. Then I realised she was the girl I saw from the telechair with Onew. She was wow. So beautiful and her eyes were so shining and brown! I was really amazed. ‘Now that’s a girl I could easily fall in love’ I told to myself.

“Hello. I....I don’t want to scare you. I just saw this tree and... wanted to take a picture of it.” I said and she smiled. My god! That was the most cute and sweet kiss I ever seen. I took a step towards the girl and she stand up to face me.

“Can I join you in..... your silence?” I asked. Then she nodded and I sat next to the girl on the branch she was standing.

“So....what are you doing here?” I asked her looking at the white ocean of snow in front of us.

“I am... admiring the view?” she said in an almost whispered tone. I nodded my lips.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” I asked trying to make conversation because I wanted to get to know her better. And surprisingly we became friends after 1 hour of talk. I could feel my hands frozen after so many minutes in there and we decided to go back.

“So...here we go... ” I said in front of her hotel. She smiled. That smile again!

“My name is Minho by the way.” I told her and smiled hiding her lips under the scarf she was wearing. I waited for her to tell me her name but she kept quiet.

“What’s your name? Look, you can give me your phone number and tomorrow we can meet again.” I said and handed her my phone. She kept smiling and didn’t take the phone from my hand.

“I told you I am here with my friend Onew. Tomorrow we can eat lunch the three of us.” She kept smiling and my hand was still holding the phone she didn’t take from my hand.

“Why do you need to know my name?” she finally asked. I laughed.

“Then I’ll tell my friend Onew that I meet a beautiful girl. Just that. Not her name.” She stayed silent for a second and her smile faded.

“Beautiful girl?” I nodded and I didn’t understand why she became serious suddenly.

Then, she turned and entered the hotel without tell me goodbye or anything else.

Did I do something wrong?

                                                            ͌

I opened the door and exited the bathroom leaving my towel in the basket. Heard my phone ring and hurried to my nightstand. It was Onew. I quickly answered.

“Hello?”

“MinHo, are you awake? Look, I speak to Mr. Wo and he said to meet in a half an hour in the hotel restaurant.” He told me in a hurry.

“Well.....Isn’t a bit to early?” I asked looking at the clock on the wall. It was only 6.23am and I was hoping for a little free time to review my plans for the building. That means we must meet around 7am at the restaurant.

“Well yeah, but he is busy later. All day he will be in Seoul. And that’s we have to meet with him at 7am. He’ll leave the resort at 8am. But there’s a few things he need to tell us. He wants to change something in the plans of the left part of the building and he need to talk to us. Let’s meet and he will explain better than me.” I sighed.

“But it’s too early Onew...” I protested.

“After we meet him you can do whatever you want. The next meeting is at 2pm. Oh, and btw, I need to go shopping. Can you came with me?” he told me and I thought for a second.

“Yeah. What time?”

“The shopping will be at 5pm. But we will talk later. I’ll go prepare now. See you in the restaurant.” He told me and I nodded besides he couldn’t see me.

“Bye Onew.” I said and he hung up.

I threw myself on the bed again. This hotel was pretty nice. The room was big and the bed, placed in the wall on the left side was king size I guess. And the mattress was soft. I slept so good last night. The window, right in front of the door, in the other part of the room was the left to the right wall of the room and the view was breathtaking.

 Onew had a room reserved a few doors on left, at the level I was. I sighed. It was 6.37am and still enough time to prepare. I took a shower before Onew’s  call and I was thinking to spend in bed a little time to check the pictures I took yesterday.

 Now with this meeting, is ruined. But maybe after this I could meet the girl I meet yesterday. Maybe I could look for her in the hotel I left her last evening. Yeah, good idea, MinHo. Maybe I could ask the front desk about her name if I describe her. Hopefully she didn’t left the ski resort.

I dressed myself quickly and went down to the restaurant. Onew and Mr. Wo were already there along with a new guy I didn’t knew.

“Am I late?” I asked as I saw down and bowed.

“No. We just get here.” Mr. Wo told me and I smiled.

“MinHo I don’t know if you already know Mr. Jonghyun but let me introduce him to you.”

“Nice to meet you, I’m Cho MinHo.” I said.

“Kim Jonghyun.”

“He is going to help you with the interior design of the new building and please cooperate. Now, I asked you two here, MinHo and Onew, because I changed my mind. The left part of the building will have new room. I was thinking if we could build a new wall in that corner, the one with the V shape to put some stuff in there. I talked to Mr. Cha and he told me he will need that new room we will build for stuff to deposit.”

“This can be done. It’s not hard. That part of the building is not complicated to add another wall and create a room, right MinHo.” Onew told me and I nodded. I took out my pencil and over the plans of the building I drew the part they wanted to add and it looked ok.

The meeting last more than two hours and I was really into work at that hour. The new house we were rebuilding it looked amazing on our plans. It will be a great building in that ski resort.

The building we were working was an old one, almost abandoned, by the end of the ski resort and it was a pity no one use it. The owner sold it to a man who wanted to make a hotel and we were the company in charge to restore the building.

We must restore the outside walls, change the color, and inside, the new owner wanted to change the reception room. He wanted a bigger room so we must broke a wall and unite the new two rooms. Also, the stairs from the gallery we had to rebuild.

There were stairs in a round shape and the owner wanted glass stairs, in the same shape only made by glass. Also, the 3rd level needed some changes. He wanted to create there a bigger room, to place there the restaurant of the hotel. Also, the shape of this building was a bit strange. It was like a pentagon. And inside the left corner the owner wanted a new room.

I was tired at only 10am in the morning. Mr. Wo and Junghyun, that guy, left. I and Onew stay in the restaurant to discuss some plans and change some dates. It was a lot of work but I was ready. It was only the first day there and I just started.

 We arrived here yesterday, around 4pm. I can’t wait to finish this building. It will be the second big project I’m working on. I know I am just 25 years old but still I love my job and that’s why I choose this path. I always wanted to be an architect and now my dream can become true.

“So, MinHo.....” Onew started making me jump startled as I was lost in my thoughts.

“You started to tell me something about the girl you meet yesterday but we were interrupted by Mr. Wo’s call. Remember?” he told me and I nodded. I frowned. I still don’t know her name and how to contact her. And I wanted so bad to see her again.

“Tell me more about her.” He told me and I pouted sad.

“Unfortunately Onew, I don’t know how to contact her.” I told him.

“But how did you meet her? It was the same girl you saw from the telechair? She is beautiful, right? Otherwise you wouldn’t care about her.” He teased me.

“Yeah, she is.” I told him. I blushed. Well, yeah. What the hell, I like beautiful girls, come on! I’m a man and I like to girls I’m surrounded to be beautiful. And I especially like the girls with beautiful, shining eyes and long, smooth hair. And the beauty I saw yesterday caught my attention.

“You little lover. Maybe you’ll fall for once in love and have a girlfriend that doesn’t leave you.” Onew told me and I nodded. I have a little course following me around. Since the first time I fall in love I was abandoned by the girls. I had three relationships till now and every time I was abandoned. After one month of relation the girls disappeared.

The first one disappeared and a half a year later I discovered she moved with her parents in US.

The second one, well she cheated on me. She had someone else and didn’t have the courage to tell me and I discovered she had moved with that guy.

The third one disappeared and I don’t know where she is. I couldn’t reach her not even after two years.

The last one was a girl who left to France to follow her dream. She was 22years old and left me to go to a school in France to become a master chief. She left a month ago and I haven’t talk to her since then. We broke any connections. I hope one day when she will come back in Korea will call me and be friends at least. And that’s why Onew, my best friend told me to get a nice girl and settle down. I only had bad luck in girls.

“I really find it impossible right now.” I told him and he laughed.

“One day MinHo you’ll fall so deep and you won’t find it impossible to be with the girl you love.”

“Maybe, but that’s far, far in the future. I don’t plan to fall in the next 2 years. I’m ok like that.” I told him. He knows me better than any other friend. I love my family and I am a person who cares a lot about his family and friends. And I want to have a nice marriage, like my parents. They have been married since dad was 24 and mom 22. They are in love even now, after so many years of marriage. I don’t have brothers, I’m the only child and I received all the love in my family. I want to have two kids. A girl and a boy. That’s a dream I had since I was 15.

My dad was a carrying and loving dad. He knew how to separate the professional time and the family time so well. I never felt his absence. He has a big company. The biggest company in Korea of furniture and my parents are pretty rich. I just choose another path in live. Architecture. They just let me do whatever I like. 

 

 

A/N: Here is the first chapter ^_^ 

Sorry for this blue color, is hurting your eyes reading. Blue will be MInho's point of view. 

Credit to the owners of the pics I used. 

Do not copy, plagiarize, or re post it. I will report it as soon asap.