Chapter 14

Oppa, I was wrong!

“My heart only has you, you have to believe in my love for you…”.

 

“Hello, umma!”

 

“Hmm, you still know that I’m your mother? How long hasn’t you called home?” Yuri’s mom turned into an erupting volcano.

 

“Mom, did you eat boom today?” said Yuri gently.

 

“You and your father are just like each other. Do you remember what day is yesterday? Do you? Do you?????”

 

Yuri’s mom rarely asked this kind of thing so she tried her best to remember what day yesterday was. Suddenly, Yuri’s mind came to light, got it!!!! It’s fortunate that she’s good at History when she was in high school, she always got the highest score in class of more than 90. However, she didn’t think her mother is such a good citizen.

 

“Umma, the whole country knows. Yesterday was Korean Independence Declaration Day!!!!” said Yuri while proudly lifted her head up, just like she has join the event.

So proud ~ So proud~.

 

The corner of Yuri’s mom’s lip start to shivering, she couldn’t control her emotion anymore, giving Yuri’s dad who is sweating hard a death glare. Yuri’s mother is the perfect example of “Queen of the family”. Yuri’s dad has really put his faith on his daughter. Aiz, my daughter, you’re truly my daughter. We’re both country lovers. Yesterday, when Yuri’s mom asked her dad this question, he gave exactly the same answer, so today Yuri’s mom wants to cut his head off.

 

Yuri’s mom yelled: “KWON – YU – RI !!!!, you’re truly your father’s daughter, huh? You remember the Independence Day, forgot your mother’s birthday?”

 

Yuri was scared to death, how can she forget her mom’s birthday? Yuri took out the calendar, yesterday is really her mother’s birthday. She still clearly remembered the summer that year, it was her mother’s birthday, but she and her father didn’t remember. The result is, she didn’t cook for a week, Yuri and her father had to eat junk food the whole week. Since that day, her mom’s birthday has become the most important day of the year. But today… the history has repeated.

 

“Umma… I…” said Yuri baffled.

 

“You, you, you what? It’s such a waste to bring you up. You know what, Minho called me, he even sent me gift. Minho should be my child, not you.”

 

Yuri’s was still very angry.

 

Yuri’s dad said on the other line “Yeobo, please get into main subject!”.

 

“I would have a heart attack because of you two. You go talked with your daughter!”

 

Yuri’s mom immediately threw the phone to Yuri’s dad, angrily walked into the bedroom.”

 

Not until now can Yuri’s dad breathe, he talked: “Yul, me and your umma have talked with each other, we prepared for you to do some research-papers at home. So you should quickly pack your stuff to go home.”

 

“Appa, I want to have some work experience, I won’t go home this summer.” Yuri is mastered at lying, no one would know.

 

“Why didn’t you tell us earlier?” Yuri’s dad was very surprised.

 

“Now you know. Appa, please don’t worry, I can take good care of myself.”

 

Not waiting for her dad to answer back, Yuri hanged up.

 

If she had lied, she must make it become the truth.

 

********************************

 

Right now, Yuri is following Jessica, continuously asking: “ Sica-ah, can I really go?”

 

Jessica turned back, seeing Yuri who was extremely worried, frown her eyebrows:  “Yul, did you take a shower yesterday? Why can’t you walk normally?”

 

Yuri pulled the skirt that is above her knees, asked as small as a mosquito sound: “If I can walk normally then it’s strange. How high are those shoes? My foot is hurt to death”.

 

Jessica looked at Yuri who was complaining, then suddenly laughed like crazy: “Ha ha, we had to dress like this the whole morning? Now, do you still want to find a job?”

 

“I’m regret accepting that invite…” said Yuri bored.

 

“Are you hallucinating? With this face, are you sure that you will be chosen? In your dream!”. Jessica started to laugh harder.

 

*********************************

 

“Next person, Jessica Jung.”

 

Jessica elegantly stood up, winked at Yuri, then walked into the “mysterious” interview room.

 

30 mins later, Jessica calmly walked out, smiled at Yuri: “Don’t be nervous, just stay calm. There’s nothing scary in there.”

 

How can Yuri be calm? At first, only her legs were shaking, but now is her whole body. Her body kept shivering.

“Kwon Yuri”, someone voice made Yuri startle, she was about to kiss the floor, but luckily Jessica held her back.

 

Yuri nervously walked to the room. When she knocked the door, there was a voice echo from the inside “Come in.”

 

The door opened immediately. Yuri was still wondering what should she say first to introduce then… Oops, maybe she was too focus that she forgot that she’s wearing high-heels. The result is… Yuri kissed the floor. Very impressive. Very “artistic”.

 

Because of the respect for the chairman, 5 other people must hold their stomach, bite their lips so that the laugh won’t escape from their mouth. Who knows, the chairman also laughed. Yuri wished that she had a hole to jump in. This is the first time she go to an interview, why so unlucky? It’s all because of these high-heels, damn Jessica. Yuri was very mad. But, why is that laugh sound so familiar? Yuri stood up, take a glance at the whole room, then stopped at the beautiful man in front of her. Nickhun seeing Yuri kept staring at him so he pretended to cough a few times. After that, he looked into the profile, asked “Kwon Yuri, right?”.

 

Yuri never thought that she would meet Nickhun here. Thinking of other people that are still sitting here, she clenched her teeth: “Nae”.

 

Nickhun put the files down, doubtfully asked: “ You have been a volunteer in the Olympics?”

 

Huh…what? When did she become volunteer ? Oh my Jesus, please kill Jessica Jung for me. I’m trusting you, letting you fill in my profile, and you … grrrr. Just wait until I finish interviewing and you’re dead meat Jessica Jung.

 

Yuri smiled gently “That’s right.”

 

“If that so, can you tell us what did you do as a volunteer?”

 

Yuri started to use her “lying without blinking” power. Even when she’s not a volunteer, she heard a lot about it. First, she talked about how she register to become a volunteer, then she went training in Seoul, her daily missions blah blah blah… Not forgot to add “body language” when speaking, so her presentation become really lively. Because of that, everyone was stunned by her speech, they even forgot this is an interview. Yuri looked at everyone’s reaction, feeling very proud.

 

Nickhun was surprised by Yuri’s “lying without blinking” power. Luckily they have argued with each other a few times, he knew her sharp mouth. Otherwise, he would also believe her. Nickhun lifted his head to look at Yuri. OMG, it’s already 20 mins and she’s still talking. He knew that if he didn’t interrupt her, he couldn’t have lunch today.

 

“OK, very good. You can stop talking.”

 

Yuri was also not interested in talking anymore. Suddenly, she thought that doing business is just as easy as what she’s done, why didn’t she grasp this opportunity? So, she bow her head at the interviewers, said: “ The volunteer thing has already over, I think you guy all know. I know that I am still very young and not mature enough, but I will try my best to work for your company, satisfy you customers. I will put the company’s profit above everything. The most important thing is, I would do anything for the company, anything. Thank you very much!”

 

The interviewers looked at Yuri, then looked at each other, finally, they still looked at Nickhun. Ah ha, it seemed like he is the “boss”.

 

Yuri sighed in her heart. “Haizz, it’s over! No need to look at the result anymore, she know that she will be refused.”

 

Nickhun think for a few minutes, then said: “We’ll inform you the result later.”

 

Yuri, who was hopeless, upon listening to what Nickhun said, became lively as a tree that just had been watered. He said that because I still have a chance?

 

“Nae.” Yuri nodded while smiling, the headed to the door.