Chapter 5: Pretend

We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung, why? Can't you take him too?" Nichkhun asked his brother with an annoyed expression all over his face. His brother told him that he and Nicole are going back to Thailand for a while to run some errands and he was asking Nichkhun to take care of Liam.

Nichan sighed as he put his hands on Nichkhun's shoulders and he stared into Nichkhun's eyes with a serious look.

"Nichkhun, this...this is really not my responsibility. I'm not Liam's father, he's your son, not mine" Nichan said.
"Hyung, please. I can't take care of children! Besides, I have a tight schedule!" Nichkhun complained. There is no way that Liam will stay with him. He couldn't even dare to look at the child's eyes.
"Khun, let's not become a whiny spoiled brat" Nichan said. "It will only be just a while" he said.
"Hyung! I can't even bear to look at him or even talk to him, how could I take care of him!" Nichkhun exclaimed.
"That's...that's what you're going to find out" Nichan said. "Take care of Li, he's with your manager" he said before leaving his brother, alone.

Nichkhun inwardly curses his brother. He's going crazy, how can he take care of the child that he turned his back away from, 5 years ago.

"He reminds me of his mother, how can I take care of him when I couldn't even take care of myself" Nichkhun murmured, his head bowed down and tears were flowing their way out of his eyes.

For 5 years, he kept pretending that he never did care for the child. He kept pretending that the child was just a memory of his dark past. He kept pretending that he never longed to be by his side, to be present when he achieve his first milestones, to be there on his birthdays, to hear the child call him, Daddy but he kept telling himself not to. Why? Because he's scared. Scared of not being enough for him, of not being able to give what he needs, of being asked why other kids have mothers with them but not him. He was scared about his child's future, hurt about what happened with him and Liam's mother, and it drove him crazy to the extent that he chose to give the child to his mother.

For 5 years, it's the child that kept him alive, deny it not. The child was the only one he thought of when his life became miserable. Pretending that he never care for the child even after 5 years is just a game and he's losing now. He couldn't pretend anymore but he can't be a father to him, especially now. He's an idol and what would people think of him! People will drag him down, along with JYP and 2pm's image. He will just hurt the people around him. s haven't fully moved from the pain caused by their leader's decision to leave when some damn netizens created a controversy by digging through their leader's MySpace account. He can't make them suffer more, not just them but his family also.

"Hyung! Junho-hyung is bullying me!" Nichkhun heard Chansung's voice crying for help.
"Yah, Hwang Chansung! What a---oh? Khun-hyung!" Junho exclaimed as soon as he saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter