Chapter 17: The Witness

We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ren, dear. What are you doing here?" He heard his mother asked him when she saw him. How could she not ask? She knew her son is watching over his sister in Korea, not at home in China.
"I need to talk to Father" Ren answered her.
"He wouldn't be thrilled that you left your sister all alone in Korea" his mother answered.
"Qian is old enough to take care of herself. What he is afraid of is that she might remember Nichkhun" Ren said with a tone of disinterest in conversing with his mother.
"Exactly. That's why you shouldn't have left her alone!" his mother said. The nerve of this woman.
"I can decide what I want to do. Why do you obey Father that much? He's not going to love you back anyway. You're just his mistress. That's all, Miss Xi" Ren said, earning a slap from his mother. He hates his mother for being his father's mistress. He was born out of a mistake and grew up with lies. If only the truth were those lies instead.
"Miss Xi!" he heard a woman yelling at his mother. He immediately smiled when he heard her. The woman who thought him how to be human. His father's wife, Victoria's mother.
"M-Madame!" she immediately flustered. She was no match to the woman and she hates it.
"What do you think you're doing? Slapping my Xiao Ren's face?" Mrs. Song said as she went to their direction and carressed Ren's red cheek. 
"I'm sorry, Madame" Ms. Xi said as she bowed repeatedly.
"Are you alright?" Mrs. Song asked him. He was raised by Mrs. Song as her own because his father adopted him for they thought they couldn't have a child of their own. Years later, Victoria showed up and yet she gave him same amount of love she gave to Victoria. It was only 3 years ago when he found out about the truth when the damn woman told him.
"I'm alright, Mom" Ren answered. He knew that Mrs. Song was oblivious about who his mother is but she knew that she was one of his father's flings. 
"Miss Xi, try to hurt my son again and you will be fired" Mrs. Song said.
"I'm sorry, Madame!" Ms. Xi said before leaving. That boy, he will pay for it.
"I really should talk to your father about that woman's attitude! What a nerve!" Mrs. Song said.
"Mom, it's alright. It doesn't hurt" Ren said.
"When did my Xiao Ren became a man?" Mrs. Song said.
"Mom!" Ren exclaimed.
"I was just kidding, darling" Mrs. Song said and smiled. "What brought you back?" she asked.
"I want to stop. Stop lying to Qian" Ren said. "It only makes everything more complicated!" he said 
"Is this about her meeting Nichkhun again?" Mrs. Song asked. Ren nods.
"She's starting to ask me questions, Mom" Ren said. "Something about meeting him triggered her memories to slowly coming back! Sooner or later, she will know that I lied to her" he said.
"We can't do anything about them now. Fate is really trying to get them back together" Mrs. Song said.

Mrs. Song is not like her husband. All she wants is her children's happiness. She didn't object on. Victoria's relationship with Nichkhun, in fact she adored the two but her husband cared for business and repution more than his own family. 

"Mom" he called her.
"What is it, darling?" Mrs. Song asked.
"Have you been watching them?" Ren asked.
"On television? Yeah. It kinda reminds me when they were still together but only more awkwar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter