Chapter 16: Lost And Found

We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Victoria couldn't sleep that night. She spent the night crying and wondering why did such things happened and why did Nichkhun gave up? But her heart hurt more when she thought of her baby, Liam. A child she never got to raise and shower with love is now sick and his life is in danger. How could fate be cruel? Oh how she wished she didn't remember. 

"Unnie" Krystal called her, breaking her train of thoughts. 
"Huh?" Victoria asked, she was not aware that the younger was in her room.
"Manager-oppa wants me to remind you about the filming to---wait, are you crying? Why are your ears red and puffy?" Krystal asked when she saw Victoria's puffy eyes.
"It's just allergies, don't worry" Victoria lied in which Krystal eyed her suspiciously.
"You sure?" she asked.
"Yeah, I am sure" Victoria said.
"Really?" Krystal asked again.
"Don't worry" Victoria said and smiled at her.
"O...kay. Just call me if you need me" Krystal said before slowly leaving the room while looking at her leader with worried eyes.

Once again, she and Nichkhun met again for the filming. She couldn't take her eyes off him during the whole time and couldn't help but wonder why he gave up. 

"Victoria-ssi, are you alright?" Nichkhun asked when he caught her staring at him. Victoria-ssi. She bitterly smiled at the thought.
"I'm alright, Nichkhun-ssi" Victoria answered. If this is how you play, then bring it.
"Are you sure? You don't look so well" Nichkhun said.
"I'm fine" Victoria assured him.

The whole filming was done and the staff all left, leaving Victoria with Nichkhun, who was accompanying her since her manager can't come 

"Nichkhun-ssi" she called her. "Liam really does look like you" she said. She swore she saw Nichkhun tensed a bit and laughed before smiling bitterly.
"He does look like me" Nichkhun said. "Still, he's like his mother" he murmured but Victoria heard it. Nichkhun still thinks about her?
"Isn't it strange? He should look like your brother more" Victoria said.
"Maybe. Maybe they would if they're father and son" Nichkhun said as he looked up. The stars were shining brightly as they were sitting on the grass.
"What do you mean?" Victoria asked.
"My brother is not Liam's real dad. His real father was a real jerk who abandoned him just because he reminds him of his mother" Nichkhun answered, eyes filled with guilt and sorrow. Victoria could only stare at him. She couldn't believe what Nichkhun had just told her. Never did she thought of Nichkhun giving Liam away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter