.8. Deal & Promise

Breaking Your Heart
- Eunna's POV -
 
I rush to the rooftop where we took the dance scene together before. I catch my breathe, trying to control my rapid heartbeat; I still can't believe that Junhyung was really close to me. I even thought he almost kissed me.
 
Stop jumping into conclusion, Sun Eunna. There is nothing between you and Junhyung. Nothing.
 
I turn around immediately when I hear the sound of opened door.
 
"My angel!" Joonhee pulls me into his hug. He buries his face in my hair, kissing my hair deeply as his hug tightens. "Are you alright?"
 
I can feel my cheeks start to blush again because of his blunt action. Why is he hugging me so sudden?
 
"I-I'm alright," I try to pull away from him but he doesn't let me go. "What's wrong, Joonhee? I'm alright. Really."
 
He releases me from his hug but he grips my shoulders firmly, looking at me with serious expression, "Are you falling for Junhyung?"
 
"Yah!" I blurt out without hesitation. "What are you saying? He is our senior!"
 
"You're not answering my question," Joonhee caresses my cheek with his thumb, still having an unpredictable expression. "Are you falling for him?"
 
"Of course I'm not falling for him," I try to answer as calm as possible. "I just need fresh air. That's why I come here. That's all, Joonhee."
 
"Really?" he trails my long hair with his finger slowly. He kisses the edge of my hair, closing his eyes.
 
Suddenly the door is swung open once again. This time it's Yoseob.
 
"Hands off, Joonhee," Yoseob says with unsteady breathe. His chest is going up and down, showing that he was running all his way to come up here. "How many times I need to tell you that?"
 
"She is not your concern," Joonhee replies with caution, looking extremely annoyed by Yoseob as he pulls his hand away from me. "She is not your girlfriend."
 
Aigoo... did he need to mention that?
 
"She is my training partner and that's all you need to know. I need to talk with her," Yoseob takes steps closer to us. "Alone."
 
Before Joonhee say a word, I quickly stop him, "I need to talk with Yoseob. I'll see you downstairs, alright?"
 
Joonhee hesitates for seconds but then he nods, flashing me a smile, "Sure. See you, my angel."
 
He gives Yoseob a deadly glare before stepping down from the rooftop, back to the filming scene, leaving me and Yoseob alone on the rooftop.
 
"Anything?" I break the silence, trying to keep calm but I can't look at his eyes; the day he apologized to me is repeating in my mind and I can't help myself from regretting the way I feel for him.
 
"Are you and Junhyung...," Yoseob murmurs awkwardly, "...dating?"
 
"Eh?" my eyes widen in surprise. Did I just hear what I think I heard?
 
"Well, you two look like a couple," Yoseob scratches the back of his head. "I'm just wondering though."
 
"What if I say yes?" I clear my throat as I dare myself to look at him while my heart keeps hoping to hear him to say something that I want to hear. "Is it a problem?"
 
Please say yes, please say yes.
 
"So you do like him, right?" Yoseob raises his eyebrow.
 
I sigh with frustration and finally I blurt out my question, "You still haven't answered my question. Your manner towards me. Is it just a polite manner or something else?"
 
There are seconds of awkward silence in the air.
 
"We are senior and junior, right?" his answer makes my heart to sink within a second.
 
"Fine," I mutter coldly. I walk pass him, opening the rooftop door to return to the scene.
 
It's not the time to heal my breaking heart. I don't care anymore. I don't want to care anymore.
 
I don't want to have a hope to be loved by him anyway.
 
 
- Yoseob's POV -
 
We finally finished the filming for the MV when the night has fell. It's almost 9 PM already when we have dropped at the CUBE Entertainment building.
 
"I'm going first," Junhyung talks to Eunna with a smile. "I need to check on Hyori. I'll see you tomorrow, Eunna."
 
"I'll see you tomorrow," Eunna smiles as Junhyung pats her head gently and I can feel that he throws me a glance when he is doing that. "Give my hello to Hyori."
 
Mira also excuses herself because she needs to meet Hyuna for discussing their training together. She leaves me, Eunna, and Joonhee at the lobby.
 
"I'll walk you home," Joonhee puts his arm around Eunna's shoulder. "Come on, my angel."
 
"Hands off," I slap his hand lightly as a sign for him to take his hand away. "I'm going to walk her home. You can train with Hyunseung."
 
"Who are you to decide that you're going to walk her home?" he wraps both of his arms around Eunna, making her to flinch. "I'm going with her."
 
This kid is getting on my nerve.
 
"Eunna," I shift my gaze to Eunna who is obviously blushing and trying to release herself from Joonhee. "Are you going with me or him?"
 
I know it's ridiculous to ask her but I'm going to keep my promise, that I will accompany her to return to her apartment when she is alone. I don't care if she is mad at me or else but I'm not going to let her to walk home by herself. Or Joonhee. Not when I'm with her.
 
Eunna stares at the ground, murmuring slowly, "I'm going with Yoseob..."
 
A victory smirk blossoms on my face while shock is all written on Joonhee's face. He loosens his hug, letting Eunna to take a step closer to me. She doesn't look at me but she is standing next to me now, definitely showing she has chosen me over Joonhee's offer.
 
"It's alright," Eunna assures him. "It's better if you meet Hyunseung to train, you know. Thank you for worrying me."
 
Joonhee gives me another deadly glare before sighing desperately, knowing that he doesn't have any choice "Fine. I'll go first. Tell me when you're arrived, my angel."
 
Eunna nods and Joonhee finally leaves us. I take a glance at Eunna, waiting for her to say something but she doesn't; she turns around and steps out from the building without a word.
 
She is mad at me.
 
"Eunna," I grab her hand to stop her when we are already out from the building. She stops and turns to look at me with expresionless face.
 
I apologized to her and she made a distance with me. I asked her about her relationship with Junhyung and she got mad at me. What is wrong with Eunna?
 
"I can go home by myself," she pulls her hand away from me. "It's alright. I want to be alone anyway."
 
"No," I take her hand once again because she is ready to leave. I intertwine my fingers with her to stop her from leaving alone. "I'm going with you. It's dangerous for you to be alone at night."
 
I ignore the fact that she is trying to pull her hand away from me. We walk side by side to the bus stop, waiting from the bus to come.
 
"Let me go," she is still trying to pull her hand away from me. She pushes my arm with her other hand but I tighten my grip.
 
She finally gives up when the bus stops in front of me. I step inside the bus and lead her to take a seat next to the window.
 
No one talks during the journey to her apartment. I don't find a conversation to start with. And my heart is betraying me; it beats uncontrollably now.
 
I just want to protect Eunna. That's what a senior will do to his junior.
 
But... why do I even want to protect her?
 
When the bus stops as it has reached the destination, I stop my fingers from intertwining with hers. I embrace her hand gently, walking out from the bus, heading to her apartment in silence.
 
Yoseob, you are doing this for her good. That's all. Nothing more.
 
 
- Eunna's POV -
 
My heart is beating like crazy when he starts to hold my hand instead of intertwining my fingers. He leads me to step out from the bus, walking to my apartment.
 
Even though I feel awkward, somehow I wish the time will stop for a moment so I can stay like this with him. Even though I know that he won't return my feeling, but this moment makes me feel like I'm in heaven for real.
 
He stops his step when we reach the main door of my apartment building. He also lets go of my hand, turning around to look at me, "We're arrived."
 
I walk pass him, walking to the main door. But suddenly I turn around to look at him; he is still standing there, looking at me without a word.
 
"Do you really not believe in love?" I mutter the question, pretending to keep calm. "Not even a bit?"
 
Yoseob blinks with disbelief but then he answers, "Yes. I don't want to fall in love. At least not for now. Love is going to distract me from my career."
 
That's it.
 
I'm tired of falling in love because I always end up falling for someone who doesn't love me. And I don't want to break someone's heart as well, if there is someone who gives me his heart though.
 
I have enough.
 
"You don't want your heart to be broken by someone, right?" I ask him rhetorically. "I don't want to fall in love as well because I think I'm going to break somehow."
 
Yoseob doesn't say anything but I can see a hint of surprised on his face.
 
"Let's make a deal. None of us will fall in love. At least until our training is over so both of us can focus on our training," I clench my fists; I must be crazy to give this ridiculous idea. "No one will break someone's heart and no one will be broken hearted."
 
Yoseob bites his bottom lip, considering my deal. I keep clenching my fists, cursing myself from being this stupid.
 
"The one who falls in love first is the one who loses," Yoseob mumbles. "What's the prize for the winner?"
 
I blink. Is he agreed with this deal?
 
"The one who loses is going to obey three wishes of the one who wins," that is the only idea crosses my mind at the time. "Is it a deal then?"
 
"Deal," Yoseob reaches out his hand to exchange handshakes with me.
 
I look at his hand. Do I really need to do this deal?
 
But this way around I will be sure that nothing will happen between us. We will be training partners for a year. We will be groupmates. We will meet almost everyday.
 
This way I can prevent myself from getting attached to him. Nothing, including love, can ruin my relationship with him now.
 
No one is going to be hurt.
 
I take his hand, "Whatever happen, we're not going to fall in love. Until our training period is over."
 
"Sure," Yoseob replies with a smile. "It's a promise."