.14. Confession & Answer

Breaking Your Heart
- Eunna's POV -
 
I sigh heavily with frustration. I take a bottle of water on the battle and take a sip in silence, drinking the water to get rid of my exhaustion.
 
This last week has been really tiring for me. After my duet performance with Hyori, Silvearth met the scripwriters of Star Dating Star, minus Joonhee of course. He is busy for his drama recording since he is signed for a new romance drama; who can blame him for being talented anyway.
 
This evening at 3 PM, I will start the filming for the first episode. The first episode will show my date with Yoseob, Chaerin with Junhyung, and Mira with Doojoon. It was decided with lotteries the day we met the scripwriters.
 
Up till now, I haven't managed to talk with Yoseob. About my feeling towards him, about me and Junhyung, about my heart.
 
But somehow I feel a little bit upset because he doesn't seem to be bothered with the fact that we haven't talked at all unless for works. I feel like a fool to worry about our relationship by myself.
 
Err... our friendship, actually.
 
The door swings open and I turn around to look who will use this dance practice room after me; yes, I have been using my time to practice whenever I'm alone.
 
My heart stops beating for a second when I look who is standing in front of me in his training clothes.
 
"Yoseob," I mutter his name. I can see that he is surprised by my presence as well because he doesn't say a word to me.
 
The awkward silence fills the air again. Why does it always happen when we finally meet? It's a rare situation considering someone or something always happen to distract our conversation.
 
"So...," I clear my throat, looking at him nervously, "...we will start the filming tonight."
 
"Ah," it's all his reaction for me.
 
"I hope tonight will be a starry night. I always love to see stars," I laugh awkwardly, trying to lift up the atmosphere but it doesn't work at all.
 
"Sure," he murmurs vividly, looking away from me.
 
Oh my, he is right in front of me. I've been trying to talk with him almost every day and this is what happen when we finally face each other.
 
"It's been a while since the last time we practiced together," he finally starts a conversation. "Do you want to practice together now before the filming?"
 
Well, better than nothing. I'm glad he asked me because actually I miss the moments I had with him during our training hours. How he taught me the vocal control, the dance moves, and his tips and tricks on variety shows.
 
"Sure," I smile to him. "I will be happy too."
 
Yoseob seems stunned by my answer. He ruffles his own hair and groans, "I can't."
 
"Eh?" I blink. What does he mean that he can't?
 
"Eunna," he finally looks at me in the eyes, having a really charming gaze that makes my heart to skip a beat even though he only mentions my name.
 
I wonder why love never came with a warning beforehand. If I can describe how my heart is feeling right now, the words 'jumping up and down' probably fit it.
 
"Do you want to be my girlfriend?"
 
 
- Yoseob's POV -
 
I didn't expect to see Eunna in the dance practice room. While the other members are busy with their own schedule, I try to shove away the mess in my head with dance practice.
 
We will start the filming for Star Dating Star today. I was extremely happy when I drew the lottery, revealing that I will be Eunna's first date in the show. But I couldn't help myself to be disappointed to know that Junhyung and Doojoon will meet her in the filming site.
 
Even though a week have passed since the night I almost confessed to her, I never managed to tell her how I feel; thanks to some coincidences that I wish never happened.
 
They said that you should wait for the right moment to confess but looks like the right moment is never a friend for me so I decide to create the moment instead of waiting for it.
 
I don't know if I will have this moment alone with her again soon so I must use this moment properly.
 
I don't want to think about the romantic scene that I used to see in movies. I don't need to think about the romantic words that I used to hear from guys when they confessed to the girls. I don't even care about her answer for me.
 
I just want to spill it out now. I want Eunna to know how I feel for her.
 
"Eunna, do you want to be my girlfriend?" I finally say it to her.
 
No, I don't tell her that I love her. I don't tell her that I'm jealous. I don't tell her anything but I know she understands everything with that single question.
 
Is it counted as a confession?
 
I can feel that my cheeks are blushing after the sudden words. My heart is beating rapidly so I clench my fists, hoping that I will calm down.
 
Please, say yes, Eunna.
 
But she doesn't say a word. She is blushing and her fingers are intertwined together, touching her own lips in silence; the gesture that I recognize whenever she is nervous.
 
I step closer to her and reach out my hand to take her hand off from her lips. I embrace her hand gently as I cup her cheek with my other hand, feeling the warmth beneath my palm.
 
Eunna looks extremely cute and beautiful and it does make my heart to pound uncontrollably. I rest my forehead against hers, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.
 
No one says a word. As if we're enjoying the silence between us.
 
"Do you believe that I will not break your heart?" she whispers, returning the embrace of my hand.
 
"Even if I don't, I still want you," I open my eyes, caressing her soft cheek with my thumb. "The question is will you let me have your heart?"
 
Her lips form into a curve. She gives me a really sweet smile that make me feel the butterflies are dancing in my stomach.
 
She doesn't need a word to answer it, does she?
 
Because I get what she is feeling now.
 
I lean in to kiss her lips, to show her that I feel the same with her. That I love her with all my heart. That I will give my heart to her.
 
"My angel!" Joonhee suddenly burst in the dance practice room with excitement. "I"m back!"
 
I quickly move backwards awkwardly, cursing him for the sudden visit. Isn't he supposed to film his drama right now? Why does he need to ruin the perfect moment?
 
"Ah, you're here," Joonhee mutters with annoyed tone. He turns to look at Eunna who is obviously blushing right now. "My angel, why are you blushing?"
 
"N-nothing," Eunna stammers, cupping her own face with her both hands. "I-I'm just practicing too hard..."
 
"I know!" Joonhee grins widely and hugs Eunna. "It must be because of me, right?!"
 
This boy is getting on my nerve again.
 
 
- Eunna's POV -
 
I really thought that Yoseob would kiss me if only Joonhee didn't storm in the room. Both of us quickly drew distance so Joonhee will not be suspicious.
 
I haven't said yes to his question but I think he got it. There is no way I'm going to reject him; my heart goes to him all the way.
 
"I know!" Joonhee grins and hugs me tight. I can't react because it's too sudden. "It must be because of me, right?!"
 
Aigoo, not in front of Yoseob!
 
"Hands off," Yoseob pulls Joonhee's shirt so he will step away from me. "No hugging is allowed."
 
"Yah, who are you to forbid me from hugging my angel?" Joonhee tosses away Yoseob's hand as he makes his way to approach me, embracing my hand. "It's not like she is your girlfriend."
 
My heart skips a beat because of the 'girlfriend' word.
 
"And she is not yours," Yoseob takes my other hand and pulls me to him, making me to bump onto his chest. "I hope you will stop calling her your angel and do whatever you please around her."
 
"And why should I do that?" Joonhee sounds more annoyed now, disliking how Yoseob treats him for sure.
 
"Don't you know about the rumor talking Eunna and you?" Yoseob speaks out, holding my hand tighter. "I don't think you want to ruin your career with such lame rumor. If you don't care about yourself, at least don't drag Eunna."
 
Ah, the rumor. I've read the article. Some fans are assuming that I am Joonhee's ex-girlfriend because of old photos of Joonhee with a girl. The girl looks a lot like me from behind but it's not me for sure; I just met him the day I wanted to meet Yoseob.
 
"Don't act as if you are her boyfriend," Joonhee scoffs. "Don't think that dating her tonight makes you her boyfriend in instant."
 
"Stop it!" I cut in. I'm tired with their arguments. "I'm going to get ready for the filming. Stop arguing. We're groupmates."
 
I sigh and leave the dance practice room after taking my own stuffs. I flashed a quick smile to Yoseob before closing the door behind me.
 
I hope tonight will be a good night for me and Yoseob.
 
 
- Yoseob's POV -
 
I take a glance at Eunna as she steps out from the car with a black blouse and white short pants. She wears a white high heels which is, I'm sure enough, making her to have the same height with me now.
 
She lets her long hair to be loose, making her looks extremely beautiful and gorgeous. Why does she need to be this beautiful for our first date?
 
Well, not official date, but still a date. Not that I'm not happy but I don't like how the guys stare at her as she is approaching me.
 
"A date it is," Eunna gives me a shy smile. I don't know what is going in her mind but I wonder if she knows what is going in my mind; can she just stop being this tempting for a while?
 
Aish, Yoseob, you're messing in your own world!
 
"You look beautiful," the familiar voice from behind me makes me to hold my jealousy. I turn around to see Junhyung is approaching us with his date today, Jung Chaerin.
 
"It's my first time to meet you in person," Chaerin smiles to Eunna, offering her hand for a handshake. "I hope we will be good friends."
 
"Sure," Eunna accepts the handshake and gives Chaerin her friendly smile. "I hope you two will enjoy your date."
 
After around five minutes talking about Silvearth to Chaerin, the staffs tell us that the filming will begin. We receive the briefing firmly after Doojoon joins us with Mira, who is totally an eye candy for guys for her beauty.
 
I will spend my times with Eunna at two spots that we have chosen: a cafe and a musical theatre. Each of us split for our filming after a short interview as the opening of the episode.
 
We spend the times together, talking about what we always want to do with lover in a cafe. I buy he a cup of hot chocolate because she doesn't like coffee. She also tells me that she likes cookies rather than candies.
 
We talk. That's all. But I know more than I already knew from her. Her favorites, her wishes, her dreams. In return, I tell her the same things which I'm sure that my fans will be happy to hear.
 
Sometimes I almost forget that I'm filming with her; I think that we're in a real date.
 
"So the date almost ends," I say as we sit on a bench with the staffs are surrounding us. It's really hard to act that you only date someone because of a script when in the reality you really love her. "Any special request, Eunna?"
 
"Well," Eunna chuckles sweetly, "tell me a reason why do I need to choose you as my date amongst the other candidates."
 
I know it is a script. But somehow I feel that she asks it personally; because she wants to know the answer. Why does she need to choose me instead of Junhyung and Doojoon?
 
"Because your heart wants me," I grin with confidence, making some staffs to hold their laughters because of my cheesy flirts.
 
"Yah!" Eunna hits my shoulder lightly. "I'm serious here!"
 
I laugh and ruffle her hair playfully, "Because you will break my heart if you don't pick me."
 
I'm not joking around with the answer. Even if it's only a show, I will be heart broken if she choose someone else. I'm being a little bit unprofessional, eh?
 
After talking for another five minutes, the filming is finally over. We bow as our gratitudes for the staffs, thanking them for their helps for today. We will meet them again next week for the second filming.
 
"Thank you for today," Eunna smiles to me. I'm accompanying her to walk to our van where our manager is waiting for us. "It's a fun and memorable date."
 
"You're very welcome," I mutter calmly, admiring her beauty. "I really hope that we can go for another date. Just the two of us."
 
Eunna blushes but she murmurs, "Me too..."
 
"Come on," I pat her head and look at the van. Our manager is leaning against the van, not aware of our presence.
 
"Wait," Eunna tugs my sleeves, making me to stop my step. She tiptoes and kiss my cheek in a flash.
 
"Thank you...," she mumbles. She walks pass me, getting inside the van with shy smile.
 
"Sun Eunna...," I mutter to myself, covering my mouth with my hand to stop my rapid heartbeat. I know my cheeks are blushing now. "You are really unbelievable."
 
There is no answer from her for my question.
 
But I know her heart chooses me.