.15. Love & Close

Breaking Your Heart
- Eunna's POV -
 
"Waiting for tonight. Waiting for a date."
 
I smile when I read Yoseob's latest tweet. Tonight we will start the filming for the second episode of Star Dating Star where I will date with Junhyung, Yoseob with Mira, and Doojoon with Chaerin.
 
Today marks a week since the day Yoseob asked me to be his girlfriend. It was a beautiful night even though it's only for a show, I still want to count it as our first date.
 
Since the day, Yoseob texts me regularly, whether it's only for good morning or good night greeting. But I think he hasn't told the other members of BEAST yet considering Doojoon is still texting me and Junhyung is still being as charming as ever around me.
 
Not that I really care since I can't think of someone else than Yoseob for now. I have told Hyori about what happened between me and Yoseob and she supported me all the way; as long as Yoseob takes care of me, she said.
 
Yoseob always tries his best to show his concern for me other than text messages and phone calls. The tweet I just read, his fans will assume it for the show, but it's actually a real date.
 
Yes, we will have a real date after the filming tonight. He asked me to go to a musical theatre since he has ordered the tickets for two; he knows that I like to watch musical theatre.
 
"Ready for the date, Eunna?" Junhyung approaches me. I'm just done with my make up, preparing to start the filming. Junhyung gives me his smile, "You look beautiful."
 
"Thank you," I try my best not to blush, knowing that Yoseob is somewhere around. I don't want him to misunderstand. "So we will go for a dinner as your choice and a park. Am I right?"
 
"Yes," Junhyung replies. "I hope it will be a romantic date."
 
When the staffs give us a sign to start the filming, I flash a quick smile to Yoseob. Less than five minutes, I receive a text message from him, earning a smile from me.
 
"I wish my date is you."
 
Yoseob surely knows how to make my heart flutter.
 
The night goes on with me having a elegant romantic dinner with Junhyung at his favorite restaurant. We walk around the nearest park where he buys me a cotton candy. He also sings me rap lyrics, written by his own with my name in it.
 
The filming ends quickly. Both of me and Junhyung bow to the staffs, thanking them for their hard works. I take a glance at my phone but there is no text message yet; Yoseob hasn't done with his filming yet.
 
"Eunna," Junhyung whispers, calling out my name. "Can I talk to you in private?"
 
I hesitate for seconds; I need to get ready for my date with Yoseob. But looks like Junhyung really needs to talk with me.
 
"Sure," I smile to him. He takes my hand, embracing it gently as we walk away from the filming site. He leads me to somewhere in the park, hidden behind the trees.
 
"Wait a minute," Junhyung looks at his wristwatch nervously. His hand never leaves me, holding my hand. "Five. Four. Three. Two. One."
 
I was going to ask him about what he was counting when suddenly the loud noises of fireworks fill the air. I flinch a little because of the surprise and I can feel Junhyung embraces my hand tighter, comforting me.
 
The colorful fireworks decorate the night sky, sparkling in turns. I am amazed by the beautiful view.
 
"I found out that there would be fireworks tonight. So I tried to find the best spot to watch it during our date. Sorry for dragging you everywhere," Junhyung explains to me calmly. "I hope you like it."
 
I look at his face, smiling sincerely to me. I don't understand why he needs to be this charming to me. I'm not even his girlfriend and he gives me this kind of surprise?
 
"It's beautiful," I smile to Junhyung, feeling extremely happy for his kindness. "Thank you, Junhyung."
 
"I will be happy if you call me Oppa," Junhyung chuckles, teasing me. "I'm glad you like it."
 
"Oppa~" I stick out my tongue, teasing him back. His face changes as his smile disappears.
 
"Eunna," Junhyung caresses my cheek gently. "I love you."
 
There, my heart skips a beat again.
 
Junhyung just confessed his feeling for me. Again. The word I never heard from Yoseob. Not even once.
 
And even before I noticed, a single tear escapes my eye, rolling down on my cheek.
 
"I-I'm sorry," I step backwards and wipe the tear away. "I don't know why I'm cry-"
 
My words are cut by Junhyung's lips. He pulls me close to him and kisses me. I clutch his shirt, wanting him to stop but I can't.
 
"I really love you, Eunna," Junhyung whispers after he parted the kiss. "And I will wait for you to answer my heart."
 
Why? Why is my heart shaking right now?
 
 
- Yoseob's POV -
 
I take a deep breath, leaning against the tree patiently. I have done my filming with Mira and I'm waiting for Eunna right now for our real date.
 
I have sent her a text message, telling her that I will wait for her at a lake near the filming site. It has been ten minutes since I sent the message yet she hasn't replied or showed up yet.
 
Is she still filming with Junhyung?
 
This week has been a wonderful week. Eunna is my first girlfriend and I really want to make her happy. I haven't managed to tell the others about my relationship with her. How can I tell Doojoon and Junhyung?
 
Eunna has been the best part of my life. She cares for me even for the little stuff. I want to keep her bright and cheerful smile forever.
 
The sound of footsteps distract me. I turn around to find Eunna is approaching me. She is looking at the ground, not at me.
 
"Eunna," my lips curve into a smile. "You're here. Are you ready?"
 
"Hmm...," she murmurs vividly, avoiding my eyes. She is cluctching her skirt, staring at the ground as if she is afraid of me.
 
"What's wrong?" I tilt my head, waiting for her answer. "Did something happen?"
 
Eunna doesn't react. She stands still on her feet. Under the moonlight, I can see that her face is burning red.
 
The sudden thought crosses my mind.
 
"What happened between you and Junhyung?" I clench my fists, trying to surpress my anger. I know something must have happened between them; Eunna was with him all night long before now.
 
Eunna flinches a little but she doesn't answer my question.
 
"Eunna, I'm asking you a question," I hiss with warning tone. "What happened?"
 
"I... We...," Eunna stammers. She intertwines her fingers together and covers nervously. "I'm sorry... I.."
 
She stops. Her cheeks are flushed pink.
 
My blood rushes to the brain; I can't take it anymore. Something happened between her and Junhyung and she doesn't want to tell me what it is. She doesn't even deny that there is something happened between them.
 
"Fine," I say with monotone. "You don't want to say it. I'm good with it."
 
I walk pass her with the jealousy filling my heart. Eunna grabs my hand, stopping me from leaving her, "Yoseob, wait!"
 
I toss her hand away, taking the tickets of the musical theatre we supposed to watch tonight, "You can watch it with Junhyung. Do whatever you want."
 
I throw the tickets in front of her face, watching her tears to roll down.
 
Eunna cries.
 
I don't know what the reason is. But all I know right now is my heart is breaking.
 
Why? Why couldn't she just say that there is nothing between her and Junhyung? Why couldn't she just tell me that she and Junhyung are only friends?
 
I thought she loves me. I thought after I asked her to be my girlfriend, I didn't have to think about Junhyung or the other guys as my rivals anymore.
 
But I was wrong.
 
She never said 'yes'. She never agreed to be my girlfriend. She never accepted me as his boyfriend.
 
"I should have known it," I can feel my tears are threatening to fall. "I know that my heart is going to be broken by you. Looks like in the end I am the biggest fool."
 
"No, Yoseob. It's not like what you think...," Eunna tugs my sleeve, stopping me once again.
 
"Then do explain," I raise my tone, glaring at her. She steps backwards, afraid of me.
 
Say something, Eunna. Anything. Ease away this jealousy. Please.
 
But there she is. Standing in silence. Looking at the ground with her fingers intertwine together.
 
"Enough," I scoff. "I don't care anymore."
 
Eunna looks up to look at me with her teary eyes.
 
I give her my final look before leaving her alone, "I won't let you close enough to hurt me. Not anymore."