.13. Fate & Coincidence

Breaking Your Heart
- Eunna's POV -
 
"Thank you for today, Eunna!" Hyori hugs me tight, thanking me for being her partner for tonight. We received welcoming comments from the audiences and both of our managers are extremely happy.
 
"You're very welcome, Hyori," I pat her back twice, smiling as I remember my successful performance. "I should be the one who thanked you for asking me to be your partner."
 
When I part the hug, I look at the six men who just enter the room with wide smiles. Each of them congratulates us for the performance, telling us that they proud of us.
 
"You're amazing," Junhyung approaches me after he talked with Hyori. I just give him a smile but then he leans closer to me, whispering next to my ear, "And you're beautiful with the dress."
 
I can't help myself to blush, feeling his hot breath on my cold skin. I stare at the ground, speechless because of his sudden act.
 
I almost forgot about his confession for me. He doesn't ask me about my feeling towards him. He just treats me like the way he always did.
 
But my heart is not for Junhyung.
 
I take a glance at Yoseob. Our eyes meet and he quickly looks away, avoiding my gaze. I sigh with disappointment; I was hoping that he would come for me first.
 
"Are you looking at Yoseob?" Junhyung tucks my long hair behind my ear, making me to flinch a little. "Or maybe Doojoon?"
 
"N-No!" I mumble with panic tone. "It's not like what you think!"
 
"It's alright," he chuckles at my reaction. "I can't help to fall for such a beautiful girl like you. I must live on with rivals, don't I?"
 
Why does he need to be this charming?
 
"Eunna," Yoseob clears his throat awkwardly, tapping Junhyung's shoulder to ask his permission without words. "Can we talk?"
 
"S-Sure," I answer with blushed cheeks, still having rapid heartbeat because of Junhyung. I nod slightly to Junhyung and follow Yoseob out from the room, heading to a yard, outside from the building.
 
There is no one and the night sky is perfectly clear, letting us to see the bright stars. Yoseob stops his step when we reach a tree.
 
"What is it?" I intertwine my fingers together and touch my lips out of my consciousness. I'm really nervous for no reason.
 
It's not like he is going to confess to me, right?
 
Yoseob turns around to look at me but he looks away the next second his eyes stop at me. He covers his mouth with his right hand, blushing slightly.
 
"What's wrong?" I tilt my head. I don't understand why he is blushing.
 
"Your dress...," Yoseob murmurs as he takes off his black jacket. He hands it to me without looking at me, "Wear it."
 
"Ah," I notice what he is talking about. Actually I feel really cold right now because of the night breeze. I wear his jacket quickly, "Thank you..."
 
"So...," he makes a fake cough as his eyes return to me, "...your performance was perfect."
 
So it's about my performance, eh?
 
"Thank you," I mutter, looking at the ground. I was thinking that he would say something else. Aigoo... what do I expect from Yoseob?
 
Silence fills the air.
 
Will he say something?
 
"Look, Yoseob...," I try to break the silence but he says the exactly same thing at the same time, "Look, Eunna..."
 
Both of us stop, staring at each other and mutter, "You go first."
 
Silence again.
 
"Alright, I...," once again we say the same words at the same time. What is wrong with us?
 
"Ladies first," Yoseob sighs with frustration. I want to end up this ridiculous moment as well; the others are waiting for us anyway.
 
"About me and Junhyung," I start the conversation. I need to explain to him that I don't love Junhyung. I need to tell Yoseob that I don't see him the way he sees me.
 
Fine, Junhyung is charming. Every girl knows it. But my heart is already captured by Yoseob. I knew it for sure when I felt my heart was breaking when he scolded me, when he found me and Junhyung together.
 
The one who can make your heart breaks is the one you love, right?
 
"Yang Yoseob!" Doojoon's voice echoes. He is looking for us because we haven't returned for a while. "Where are you? Eunna ah! We need to return now!"
 
I sigh heavily. Why couldn't I have a moment to talk with Yoseob? I don't want to say it by phone or text messages; I just want to talk face to face with him.
 
But looks like it won't be easy between me and him.
 
"Ah, so you two are here," Doojoon finds us, giving us a relieved smile. "You two better return to the backstage now. Jinwoo Hyung is looking for you two."
 
"Jinwoo Oppa?" I repeat our manager's name. "Why? Did something happen?"
 
"He said he will talk with you when we return back to CUBE Entertainment building," Doojoon frowns, looking at the black jacket I'm wearing. "Let's go back."
 
I exchanged looks secretly with Yoseob before heading back to the backstage. I return his jacket, mouthing my gratitude since I don't want the others to assume something between me and Yoseob because of the jacket. I changed my clothes into comfortable sweater and jeans before returning together with the others.
 
I don't talk with Yoseob during our way back to the CUBE Entertainment building. Our manager just told us about new offer for Silvearth but he didn't want to tell us the rest of the story.
 
"So I'll make it quick," our manager put his palms on the table. All of us have seated around the table in the meeting room, looking at him with expectation. "All of you know about We Got Married, right?"
 
We nod in unison. Did we receive an offer to star in We Got Married? If it's true, it will be a really big news since none of CUBE Entertainment artists has starred in the reality show.
 
"Who will be in the show?" Joonhee asks without hesitation, gaining our attention.
 
"Who said you will attend We Got Married?" our manager laughs and hands each of us a paper. "There will be a new reality show, written by the same scriptwriters of We Got Married."
 
My eyes scan the paper which described the new show he mentioned. The show is called Star Dating Star. The concept is about a celebrity to be paired with another celebrity, showing about how the relationship goes by as a couple.
 
"As for the first season, Silvearth is invited as the first guest. So let me explain quickly. Each of you, guys, will enjoy a date with each girl before finally they will choose their dates," our manager sits down with a smile. "That way, when each of you already have your dates, the show will begin. Any question?"
 
No one has a word to say. We are too surprised with the sudden announcement.
 
"And since there are five of you, the writers have decided to invite two more celebrities," he continues, ignoring the awkward silence.
 
My eyes widen as I read one of the two names in the end of the paper I hold in my hand.
 
Doojoon?
 
 
- Yoseob's POV -
 
I think my night is already screwed when my moment with Eunna wass interrupted by Doojoon. I was going to confess but I thought it would be more appropriate if I let her to talk first.
 
When she mentioned Junhyung's name, my heart skipped a beat. Somehow I was afraid that she would say that she was going to return his feeling.
 
But now I know my worst nightmare is coming to life.
 
Alright, at first, I was really happy to accept the offer of this new reality show. I mean, I can date with Eunna, right? Even though it's only for a show but it's still a date.
 
But when I realized that Junhyung is on the list of her possible dates, my mood was going down to the hill. And it wasn't the worst.
 
"And since there are five of you, the writers have decided to invite two more celebrities," our manager grins widely and my eyes read the paper I'm holding.
 
Yoon Doojoon and Jung Chaerin.
 
What is Doojoon's name doing in this list?
 
"Jung Chaerin...," Mira mutters the name slowly. "Is she the new idol who just debuted under YG Entertainment?"
 
"Yes, she is," our manager clasps his hands together. "They are chosen based on the latest polling about the celebrities you want to date in winter."
 
I hate the fact how Doojoon always win this kind of polling about boyfriend now. Why couldn't someone else win it? Why it must be Doojoon?
 
Junhyung and Joonhee are enough to distract my concentration. I don't need Doojoon to add my rival list.
 
"But this schedule...," Joonhee frowns. "It doesn't match mine."
 
"Ah, yes, Joonhee," Jinwoo crosses his arms together. "You are going to start your filming for a drama, right? It's alright. You will film the show with Muzix for the second filming."
 
"What? So I can't be Eunna's date?" Joonhee sounds disappointed. He cramples the paper, "I want to be her date!"
 
"That's it for tonight," Jinwoo stands up, ignoring Joonhee's complaint. "We will have a meeting with the writers tomorrow afternoon so I hope all of you will take a good rest tonight."
 
Joonhee is out from my list but that doesn't mean I can relax.
 
"I can wait to date with you," Junhyung says to Eunna after Mira bid us goodbye. "I'm sure it will be really fun."
 
I stand up from my seat and pull Eunna's hand without any warning, giving Junhyung a glare, "Home. Now."
 
"Till when will you stop being a protective training partner, Yoseob?" Junhyung speaks out when my hand almost touched the door handle. My hand is still holding Eunna's, who is blushing for reason I don't know.
 
"Until you stop flirting with her," I hiss, surpressing my annoyance. "You can do that to Mira or Chaerin in the show."
 
"I will ask you once again," Junhyung looks at me directly. "Are you jealous?"
 
I gulp, embracing Eunna's hand tighter. Thousand words are crossing my mind but I can't say a single word to answer the question.
 
Aish, Yoseob, why is it really difficult to tell him that you're jealous?!
 
"I'm not going to let you have her," those are the words I manage to say.
 
I open the door without waiting for his respond, dragging Eunna out from the room. Only God knows what is going on in her head now.
 
"Yoseob, wait," Eunna forces me to stop, standing on her feet firmly. "What were you saying?"
 
And... I don't understand why coincidences keep happening when we are together. Before I could say a word to her, Hyori's voice call her from our left side.
 
"Eunna!" Hyori rushes to her best friend, hugging her. I think she doesn't even realize that I was holding Eunna's hand just now. "I received an offer to sing for drama soundtrack!"
 
"Ah...," Eunna blinks in surprise, not expecting to hear the happy news when her mind is messed because of me. "Congratulations, Hyori!"
 
"Yes!" Hyori grins. "Let's have dinner together right now. Come on!"
 
Hyori flashes me a smile and bids me good night. She drags Eunna with her, leaving the building without giving Eunna a chance to talk with me.
 
I don't know why fate is being so cruel to me.

_____________

Author's Note:

To fulfill
-kpop_bunny's request, I put her name (Jung Chaerin) in this story.

The story has reached 13 chapters until now and I'm glad for all readers. I hope I can make a better story line as the story goes by. Please do love Eunna and Yoseob! ^^