.5. Manner & Special

Breaking Your Heart
- Yoseob's POV -
 
It's really Joonhee and he is definitely holding Eunna's hand firmly.
 
Eunna notices my presence faster than Joonhee because she suddenly murmurs with wide eyes, "Yoseob?"
 
Joonhee, who was too busy flirting with Eunna, turns his head to look at me. His smile flatters when his eyes meet mine and I can see that he holds Eunna's hand even tighter.
 
This guy is unbelievable.
 
But I'm not jealous because I can see that Eunna was trying to release their holding hands even before she noticed my presence; Eunna doesn't want to hold hands with Joonhee.
 
Wow, wait, wait. Why should I be jealous? Your mind is a mess right now, Yang Yoseob!
 
Of course I'm not jealous! I'm just protecting my junior!
 
"Joonhee," Eunna tries to pull her hand away but Joonhee doesn't let her go. "It's alright now. Joonhee ah..."
 
Jonhee keeps his eyes lock on me; somehow I feel the rivalry atmosphere from him. Don't tell me that he is actually serious about Eunna?
 
Aish, Yoseob, you are not his rival!
 
"Joonhee ah," Eunna steps backwards desperately with force, hoping Joonhee will let go of her hand.
 
Looking at her like this makes me want to help her. Of course I want to help her; she doesn't want to hold hands with Joonhee yet Joonhee keeps forcing himself to hold her hand.
 
I step forward and pull Eunna's free hand. Due to the sudden act, Joonhee's grip on hers loosens, making Eunna to stumble forward and bump my chest. My other hand manages to hold her shoulder to balance her stand, trying to make sure that she is alright.
 
"I think you didn't understand that she was trying to pull her hand away," I mutter calmly, trying not to pick a fight with him since he is my junior too, somehow.
 
"I-I'm fine," Eunna pulls her hand from me and faces Joonhee, who is giving me a deadly glare. "Joonhee, thank you for accompanying me but I'm all good now."
 
"Is he going to stay with you?" Joonhee asks Eunna, not even bothering to mention my name. He never called me by name anyway.
 
I was going to answer it with sarcasm because I totally don't like his attitude but Eunna gives me a warning glance, making me to stop all of a sudden.
 
Eunna is trying to prevent anything bad from happening. She continues with an assuring smile, "I'll see you again tomorrow for our group practice, right?"
 
This is the gesture than can make guys to think that a girl likes them. Why does Eunna never learn?
 
A grin blossoms on Joonhee's face; he is extremely satistfied with Eunna's smile, isn't he?
 
"Good night, my angel," Joonhee winks at her but Eunna doesn't give any reaction. She waves at him as he walks away from us.
 
Eunna turns to me and she gives me an awkward smile, as if she already knew that I'm going to interrogate her.
 
"You didn't tell me that you would be together with him," I start the conversation, putting my hands inside my pocket as I study her face.
 
"You didn't tell me that you would be waiting for me here," she replies, pouting her lips, making her incredibly cute.
 
Yoseob, stop thinking that she is cute!
 
"Am I not allowed to give you a surprise?" I clear my throat nervously, trying to avoid looking at her face. "I'm thinking to talk with you about the training."
 
Great, why is my heart beating rapidly now?
 
 
- Eunna's POV -
 
My heart was beating uncontrollably when Yoseob pulled my hand, making me to bump onto his broad chest. His hold on me was not something special, I know, but I couldn't help myself to blush because of him.
 
I was glad that Joonhee left willingly; I don't want anything happened between him and Yoseob, do I? We're in the same group and I think their relationship is bad enough for now.
 
After Yoseob told me that he wanted to talk with me about the training, I told him to follow me into my room. After all, he had been waiting for me, right?
 
It's just a manner towards a senior. That's all.
 
"Welcome to our room," I turn on the light as I take off my shoes, putting it in order next to my other shoes. "Hyori is not home yet since she is still training."
 
"Why didn't you tell me that you were not with her?" Yoseob steps inside and takes off his shoes as well. I don't know why but somehow I feel that he is demanding an answer from me.
 
"Because...," I turn to look at him. When our eyes meet, my heart skips a beat because of his charming gaze.
 
"Because?" he raises his eyebrow, waiting for my answer as he closes the door behind him. He steps closer to me, making me to step backwards to control my heartbeat.
 
"Because I don't think it's necessary," I quickly turn around and take a seat on the sofa in the main room. "It's not like it's my first time to return back by myself."
 
"Then let me change the question," he sits next to me, looking at me directly. "Why was that guy with you?"
 
Ah, should I tell him the truth?
 
After seconds of hesitation, I finally tell him, "Well, he helped me from two men that were going to harm me, I guess. I was at the bus stop, waiting for the bus and I was too focused with my phone."
 
"Were you texting with me?" Yoseob blurts out.
 
"Err, kind of?" I give him a grin but I quickly confirm him, "But it's not your fault. Really. It's me being careless."
 
He frowns, crossing his arms together. Suddenly he states, "Alright, that's it."
 
"Eh?" I blink. "What is that it?"
 
"I will accompany you whenever when you're going back by yourself," Yoseob explains. "No 'but's. No excuses."
 
"Yah!" I can't hide my surprised reaction. "You don't need to do that! I'm all good!"
 
"Preventing is better," he shrugs and leans against the back of the sofa. "What if something bad happen to you again?"
 
I clench my fists, staring at my own hand. To be honest, I'm happy for his decision to take care of me. But why do I feel uneasy for something that I can't explain?
 
"Is it just a just and fair manner?" I murmur, not looking at his face. "Because you may cause a misunderstanding."
 
"Then tell me, your attitude towards Joonhee, is that just a polite manner...," I look up to see his serious expression, "...or else?"
 
Aigoo... My heart starts to betray me again. It's beating out of control and I can feel that my face is burning.
 
"It's just manner," I answer directly to him, looking at his eyes so he will believe that I'm not lying. "No special treatment."
 
"Glad to hear that," Yoseob smiles at me, patting my head gently.
 
I can feel the butterflies are dancing in my stomach. His smile is captivating me.
 
No, Eunna, you're not falling for him. You can't.
 
 
- Yoseob's POV -
 
I can't help myself from thinking that Eunna is really cute.
 
Her reaction when I told her I will be with her to return back to her apartment. Her reaction when I asked her about her attitude towards Joonhee. She is not good in hiding her expression, isn't she?
 
But I'm serious that I'm not going to let her go back by herself. I've heard twice from her that she was the target of bad guys and Joonhee was there to help her. Not that I'm jealous about Joonhee but I think Joonhee can't be there to help her everytime, right?
 
I just want to make sure that she will be alright. It's a manner, isn't it?
 
When Eunna told me directly that she didn't give Joonhee any special treatment, I think I can believe her. She treats Joonhee the way she treats the others; I guess Joonhee fell for her kindness.
 
"Yoseob, can I ask you a question?" Eunna puts down her glass on the table. She tilts her head, waiting for my answer.
 
We have been talking for almost thirty minutes now. At first, I talked to her about our debut preparation, telling her about my debut before. And then we talked about my variety show recording and then she told me about her training with Mira.
 
It's always amusing to spend my times to talk with her. Let's just say that she is a good listener and intersting partner to chat.
 
"Sure. Anything," I put down the glass of water she gave to me ten minutes go. "What is it?"
 
"Did you ever have a relationship with an artist?" Eunna intertwines her fingers together, putting them on her lips as if she is scared that she is asking a wrong question.
 
And I find it cute.
 
"Why?" I rest my right cheek on my arm that has been straighten on the edge of the sofa. I tilt my head and give her a teasing smirk. "Do you fall for one?"
 
"N-no, it's not like that!" she waves both of her hands in front of her face quickly. "It's just..."
 
I can see her blushed cheeks, flushing pink. Once again, she covers with her intertwining fingers together, muttering slowly, "It's just that I feel your heart is hurting for reason that I don't know."
 
My heart sinks at her words. How did she know?
 
Eunna takes a glance at me carefully, afraid that she has hit the wrong spot.
 
I take a deep breath, still leaning to my own arm, "I don't believe in love."
 
Eunna blinks. For my surprise, she doesn't give me a disbelief look or a question.
 
She reaches out her hand and touch my left cheek with her right hands. Eunna has a sad expression as she brushes my cheek with her fingers.
 
I don't know what's gotten into me but looking at her sad expression makes me want to take away the sadness from her. She used to smile brightly, not giving me such a sad look.
 
I take her right hand with my left hand, kissing her palm slightly. My eyes return to hers but her sad expression hasn't disappeared.
 
I lean closer and closer to her, cupping her left cheek with my right hand. My other hand holds hers firmly.
 
Our lips are inches away. Eunna closes her eyes reluctantly, letting me to get closer to her.
 
"I'm home!"
 
The sudden voice comes from Hyori, swinging open the door without hesitation.
 
I quickly pull away from Eunna and she does the same. I can feel that my cheeks start to blush even though I'm not looking at Eunna's face.
 
"Eh? Is someone here, Eunna?" Hyori just done with taking off her shoes. She steps inside and surprised to find me in their apartment.
 
"Ah, Yoseob," Hyori bows slightly to me. She turns to look at Eunna who is definitely blushing madly now. Eunna is cupping her cheeks with both of her hands, staring at her own feet.
 
"I-I'm going back now. It's late," I stand up, fighting back the awkwardness in the air. "See you tomorrow, Eunna."
 
I flashed a smile to Hyori before I leave their apartment, heading back to my own apartment with a taxi.
 
I try to distract my attention from what happened just now, looking at the night sky through the window but it doesn't help. At all.
 
As soon as I arrive at my apartment, I rush into the bathroom, walking pass the other members who are discussing about something in the main room, sitting in a circle.
 
"Yah, Yoseob, what took you so long?" Doojoon asks me but I ignore him, storming into the bathroom, closing the door quickly.
 
I wash my face. I look at my own reflection on the mirror.
 
"Yah, Yang Yoseob, what were you thinking?" I grasp the edge of the wastafel as the scene fills my mind again.
 
Aish, I almost kissed Eunna!