.3. You & I

Breaking Your Heart
- Yoseob's POV -
 
It's Friday evening and it's my schedule to train with Eunna. I will also meet her manager today. My manager told me that the promotional group will be announced today by a representative from the President.
 
I look up when I hear the sound of opened door. Eunna enters the dance practice room with Junhyung and a girl with shoulder-length hair; I guess she is Hyori, her best friend and Junhyung's training partner.
 
Junhyung is the first one who notices my presence in the training room, "Ah, Yoseob!"
 
Eunna and Hyori look at me and bow in unison, greeting me politely, "Annyeonghaseyo."
 
I bow slightly as I approach Junhyung, "Are you here for the announcement?"
 
"Yes. Let me introduce you to my training partner, Cho Hyori," Junhyung smiles. "She is a good rapper. She is great in dancing too."
 
"Ah, I know," I smile warmly to Hyori. "Eunna talked a lot about you. Looks like you two are really close to each other."
 
"Eunna ah!" Hyori hits Eunna's shoulder lightly. "What did you tell him?"
 
"I just told him everything I adore from you," Eunna laughs. "Don't worry, nothing bad slipped from my mouth."
 
My eyes lock at Eunna while she is talking cheerfully with Hyori. She doesn't look any different from usual but I feel something is wrong since the last time we met.
 
That night I told her about control herself more when Joonhee was around but, from her reaction, I could tell that she didn't agree with my opinion.
 
Hey, I just want to prevent her from breaking someone's heart. I know how heartbreak feels and I don't think it's good enough if I just let it happen. I'm not really close with Eunna but she is still my friend and I don't want someone to blame her for breaking someone's heart.
 
The door is opened once again and this time Gayoon, Hyuna, a girl with long blonde hair, and a guy who is wearing navy knit hat step inside the room.
 
Before I could even greet them, the door is swung open once again by Hyunseung and Joonhee. Both of them greet all of us cheerfully.
 
"I can see that all of you have gathered now," the representative of CUBE Entertainment enters the room with four other men: BEAST's manager, 4minute's manager, and two other new staffs. "I will announce about the promotional groups now for you."
 
Each of us stand side by side with our own training partner. Eunna stood next to me, flashing a quick smile before she pays her attention to the representative.
 
"This one is Bang Haejin and this one is Yoon Jinwoo. Each of them will be responsible for a promotional group. You will be divided into two promotional groups based on lottery," the representative explains briefly. "One group will consist of five members. You will release a mini album, containing cover songs from your own choices. Any question?"
 
I exchange looks with Junhyung and Hyunseung. Junhyung shrugs, giving me a sign to pay attention again to the representative.
 
"Well, take your lottery," he shows us a glass box with lotteries inside it. "Take a piece of paper and tell us about what's written inside."
 
 
- Eunna's POV -
 
"Let me introduce myself once again. My name is Yoon Jinwoo. I will be your manager for this promotional group," Jinwoo takes a seat in the meeting room. "Sun Eunna, Han Mira, and Lee Joonhee. You three will be my responsibility since three of you are new."
 
Ten of us have divided into two groups for helping us, the soon-to-debut trainees, to enhance our ability before our official debut. This promotional group will also become a consideration whether to put us in a group or as a solo artist.
 
"I guess the fate is loving us, my angel," Joonhee takes my hand and kisses my backhand. "Let's create beautiful memories together."
 
I can feel that my face is burning because of his sudden act. I ignored the fact that he took a seat next to me because I thought that he won't do anything when there were others.
 
I was wrong.
 
"Hands off," Yoseob pulls Joonhee's collar, pulling him away from me. He sighs heavily and sits next to Joonhee, "Let's start discussing about our tracklist."
 
I try to shove away all negative thought in my head and focus at Jinwoo. I take a glance at Junhyung who is sitting across from me. He is talking to the girl next to him, Han Mira.
 
Han Mira is the training partner of Hyuna. I can't disagree to the fact that she strikes similar resemblances with Hyuna: her blonde hair, her y figure, and her beautiful face.
 
"The mini album will consist of five songs that you will be covering. Five of you will sing two tracks. One track will be dedicated to three of you, Eunna, Mira, Joonhee. One track goes to Junhyung, Joonhee, and Mira. And the last track is for Yoseob and Eunna," Jinwoo hands over the notes for each of us. "Any question?"
 
"Why is Eunna paired with him?" Joonhee points his thumb at Yoseob. "I want to be paired with her."
 
Yoseob raises his eyebrow with disbelief. I blink, surprised by Joonhee's manner towards a senior. I can't believe he acts this far.
 
"No reason," Jinwoo leans to the back of the chair. "Now you need to discuss about the songs you will pick for the tracklist."
 
Jinwoo stands up, taking some papers with him, "I need to meet President for a while. I'll be back soon."
 
He leaves the meeting room, heading to the President's office room.
 
"I want to be paired with you, my angel," Joonhee tilts his head, looking annoyed with the fact that he is not paired with me. "Don't you want to do a duet with me?"
 
"It has been decided," I smile calmly, trying to make him feel better. He will be my partner in group, right? "Maybe we can do a duet later."
 
I don't know whether it's just my feeling or not, but I feel Yoseob is staring at me, giving me his cold eyes.
 
What's wrong with him?
 
 
- Yoseob's POV -
 
Eunna didn't get what I was trying to tell her, did she?
 
Her reaction towards Joonhee was extremely giving a hint that she is returning his feeling; put aside the fact that he really has a crush on her or not. But it's obvious enough that he is hitting on her.
 
And I can't still get rid my annoyance over Joonhee. He really needs to fix his attitude. I know he has debuted before but it's not a polite manner to treat a senior, not that I want him to treat me as a senior but I think his manner is a trouble.
 
"Yoseob, is something wrong?" Eunna snaps me back to reality. "Earth to you, Yoseob ah."
 
"Ah, sorry," I rub my head, trying to gain my focus on her. "What did you just say?"
 
We are in the recording room for our training hours. The tracklist will be considered by Jinwoo tonight before we start our recording.
 
The title track will be Beautiful, a song from BEAST's 4th mini album, Lights Go On Again. The part will be divided for five of us. Some parts of the lyrics are going to be modified as well.
 
"I want to try a song. Do you want to try?" Eunna hands me the lyrics. "It's a beautiful song."
 
I take a glance at the lyrics, reading it quickly. It's a song by f(x).
 
Since there is no staff in the recording room for now, she puts the MR by herself, getting ready to sing the song, So Into U.
 
"I'll go first then," she smiles at me, putting on her headphone.
 
"Gwanshim eobtneun deut, nan hangsang bappeun deut
Meonjeo jeonhwa hage dwemyeon jineun geim cheoreom"
 
It’s like you’re uninterested, it’s like you’re always busy
And it’s like you think if you call first
 
She has a beautiful voice. I'm sure she will be the main vocal in the group; if she is going to be in a group when she debut.
 
"Nado ttok gati, neul geurae wat neunde
Ibeon maneun jogeum dalla neon"
 
You’re losing a game, I’ve always been like that too
You’re different this time
 
Once I finished my line, I look at her and she gives me a wide smile, as a sign that we must sing the next part together.
 
"Mwonga dareun saram ingabwa, deureobwa
Noh chigo shipji anha
Dashi neun an olgeot gata
So Tell Me What’s Up
Nae maeum gat gireul
Jogeum do sumgiji anhgo
Jogeum deo sarang seureobge
Jeon hallae nae mam, ni nuneul bogo malhae
So into U"
 
You’re a different person somehow, listen
I don’t want to lose you
I don’t think you’ll ever come back again
So tell me what’s up
To have my heart
Without having to hide
With a little more love
I want to deliver my heart
And tell you, looking straight into your eyes
So into U
 
Our vocal sync perfectly as usual, but it's the first time we sing the full song by girls group together. Somehow I love how our voices blend in together.
 
Her sweet vocal combines with my strong vocal are a great combination; somehow I'm grateful that we are paired for the duet in the new mini album.
 
I can't help myself to smile because of the thought as I sing the next line.
 
"Bogo shipeo do, neol ango shipeo do
Daga omyeon mulleoseo neun ge, seubgwan cheoreom
 
Although I miss you; although I want to hold you
As if it was a habit to back off when someone approached me
 
My gaze locks at Eunna as she sings her part. She always has this charm whenever she sings and I can't help myself from being captivated by her charm.
 
"Nugu ege do, geuraet deon na inde
Ibeon maneun jogeum dalla neon"
 
I’m someone who did that to everyone
You’re different this time
 
 
- Eunna's POV -
 
My heart is flattering when I listen to Yoseob's voice. His voice is like an angel's voice. Not to mention his charming smile when he looks at me during the refrain part.
 
He is flawless.
 
Aigoo, what are you thinking, Eunna? Focus here, focus with the song.
 
It's almost the refrain part again so we sing in harmony once again, looking at each other. I can feel my lips curve into a shy smile.
 
"Neon mwonga dareun saram inga bwa, deureobwa
Noh chigo shipji anha
Dashi neun an olgeot gata
So Tell Me What’s Up
Nae maeum gat gireul
Jogeum do sumgiji anhgo
Jogeum deo sarang seureobge
Jeon hallae nae mam, ni nuneul bogo malhae
So into U"
 
You’re a different person somehow, listen
I don’t want to lose you
I don’t think you’ll ever come back again
So tell me what’s up
To have my heart
Without having to hide
With a little more love
I want to deliver my heart
And tell you, looking straight into your eyes
So into U
 
His vocal is amazing. I am definitely one of the luckiest girl in the world to be his training partner.
 
"Modu da geurae yeoja neun jajomshim irago
Geuraeseo nege do jikyeo boryeo, noryeok haebwado"
 
Everyone says, “Girls are prideful,”
So to you too, Even if you try to protect me
 
The lyrics of this song is beautiful. I always love a song with deep meaning within the lyrics.
 
For some reasons, I understand how it feels to hold on the feeling of loving someone inside.
 
I've been there once.
 
I look at Yoseob who is focusing with his part, singing with all his heart.
 
"I Need You, I Want You
Ireon mal cham himdeul Getjiman
Yonggil naeseo kkok malhae bolkkeoya, Oh"
 
I Need You, I Want You
These words are hard to say
But I’ll find the courage to say them, Oh
 
My heart skips a beat when he hits the right note. It's because I adore him, right? It's nothing more, right?
 
"Noh chigo shipji anha
Dashi neun an olgeot gata
So Tell Me What’s Up
Nae maeum gat gireul
Jogeum do sumgiji anhgo
Jogeum deo sarang seureobge
Jeon hallae nae mam, ni nuneul bogo malhae
So into U"
 
I don’t want to lose you
I don’t think you’ll ever come back again
So tell me what’s up
To have my heart
Without having to hide
With a little more love
I want to deliver my heart
And tell you, looking straight into your eyes
So into U
 
"Noh chigo shipji anha
Dashi neun an olgeot gata
So Tell Me What’s Up
Nae maeum gat gireul
Jogeum do sumgiji anhgo
Jogeum deo sarang seureobge
Jeon hallae nae mam, ni nuneul bogo malhae
So into U"
 
I don’t want to lose you
I don’t think you’ll ever come back again
So tell me what’s up
To have my heart
Without having to hide
With a little more love
I want to deliver my heart
And tell you, looking straight into your eyes
So into U
 
We repeated the refrain twice before the song is finally ended. I smile, satistfied with the song.
 
And on top of that, even I'm not sure as well, my heart is beating faster now when Yoseob looks at me with a smile on his face.
 
Is it possible that I fall for him?
 
Can I fall for him?
 
 
- Yoseob's POV -
 
"Eunna," I look up at her when the song is finished. "Do you like Joonhee?"
 
"Eh?" she blinks with shock written on her face. "Of course no. I just met him, remember? Why did you even ask this kind of question?"
 
"Because your reaction shows that you like him," I take off my headphone, putting down the paper. "I told you to manage yourself when he is around you, right?"
 
"Yoseob, I don't know what you're thinking but I really don't have any special feeling for him," she answers calmly, taking off her headphone as well. "We're friends. Just like you and I. Friends."
 
"Just saying," I clear my throat awkwardly. Somehow I feel that serious tension is filling the air now and I don't like it. "I don't want people to think that you're playing with someone's heart."
 
"Are you talking about yourself?" she frowns. "Did you have your heart broken by someone before?"
 
I am taken aback by her words. Is it that obvious?
 
"It's not about me. It's about you," I quickly respond, trying to hide my embarassment. "If you keep blushing and answering Joonhee like what you did, he will think that you develop special feeling to him. You're going to break his heart even if you don't intend to do that."
 
"It's not like I ask him to like me," she mutters quickly. I can see that she is trying to keep calm; it's the first time I see her serious face. "I only do what I always do. Do you think that you never broke someone's heart before?"
 
I clench my fists, completely surprised by her question. I don't know that she is this straight forward person.
 
"I told you it's not about me," I sigh with frustration. "I just want to prevent you from breaking someone's heart again. Who knows how many guys have been broken hearted because you didn't realize it."
 
Silence.
 
"I'm not trying to accuse you for doing something wrong. Really," I explain. I don't want her to get the wrong idea. "I just want to tell you things from men's perspective. That's all."
 
"Sure," Eunna murmurs. "It's alright."
 
We finish our training hours within fifteen minutes. She leaves the recording room first, not even bothering to bid me goodbye.
 
That's when I know she is not alright. Not at all.