.7. Enemy & Rival

Breaking Your Heart
- Yoseob's POV -
 
"You look really cute, my angel!" Joonhee gives his compliment to Eunna with a wide smile. "I wish I am the main actor!"
 
Eunna just stepped out from the changing room with her uniform set. She is wearing white shirt, black blazer, and black skirt. She wears a maroon ribbon as her hair accessory and black flat shoes plus white long socks.
 
One word to describe her: adorable.
 
Eunna gives Joonhee a sheepish smile. She doesn't look really cheerful; well, she doesn't look good in the last four days... since the day I apologized to her on the rooftop.
 
I called her that night and, unlike my prediction, she actually accepted my call. She responded to me as if nothing happened. She also replied to my text messages when I asked her whether she has forgiven me or not.
 
But I feel something is different.
 
She draws a distance with me. Vivid but obvious.
 
We talked about works. Nothing more. There is nothing such as conversation about our hobbies, our interests, or else anymore. As if we are nothing more than groupmates.
 
Well, yes, we are just a senior and a junior. We are groupmates. But we are friends, aren't we? Friends who are supposed to talk about things other than works.
 
Today we are filming our Beautiful MV for Silvearth version. We just changed into our uniform costums since we are done with the first part of the filming where we danced on a rooftop.
 
We are going to continue for the story line now where Junhyung is the main actor and Eunna is the main actress. Both of me and Joonhee will be Junhyung's best friends while Mira will be Eunna's best friend.
 
The story is going to tell about Junhyung and Eunna who accidentally met because of dance lessons. Both of them are falling for each other. In the end of the MV, Junhyung confesses to Eunna with a dance and both of them are standing side by side with smiles on their faces.
 
We just started our filming for the MV because there were pollings for fans to choose for the main actor and main actress in the MV. Junhyung and Eunna won the polling due to their popularities.
 
Actually, I almost paired up with Eunna because Junhyung only won two votes from me. But I do think that Junhyung is better than me in acting.
 
We will perform our official debut performance with the song in three days so the MV will be released after our performance, hoping that our fans will love the MV more.
 
"Ready," the cameraman states, giving us a sign to take our positions.
 
I sigh heavily, shoving away all negative thoughts in my head. I need to focus for the MV now; I mean we have done perfectly good for the first part and I don't want to mess this part.
 
I take a glance once again at Eunna. She is tucking her long hair behind her ear, talking to Mira about their parts.
 
A simple gesture that makes my heart to skip a beat.
 
Yoseob, what is wrong with you?
 
 
- Eunna's POV -
 
I take a deep breath, looking around to find Yoseob is leaning against the wall and looking at my direction. I quickly look away to avoid his eyes, trying to focus with nothing on the ground.
 
I have been trying my best to control myself whenever he's around. I tried my best not to show any special reaction towars him because I don't want him to know that I'm falling for him.
 
Yes, even if I don't want to admit it that easy, I have fallen in love with Yoseob.
 
But looks like it's one-sided love. I can't even hope for him to fall for me in return. And I don't want our relationship as groupmates to become awkward so I decided to stay like this. As professionals.
 
"Are you ready?" Junhyung approaches me with his usual charming smile. His hands are in his pockets while a black headphone is hanging around his neck.
 
We will take the scene where Junhyung is going to put his headphone around my neck. He will lean closer to kiss my forehead. This scene is really important because it will be the turning point towards the end of the MV.
 
"I'm nervous," I answer honestly. "What if your fans are going to be mad at me?"
 
"They chose you to be the main actress," Junhyung laughs, patting my head gently. "Don't worry. They won't be mad. In fact, I'm more worried that guys will kill me in their mind because I can be really close to you while they can't."
 
I chuckle because of his joke. I know he is trying to make me feel more relaxed because I'm being really nervous since the start of the filming; well, it's my first time to star in a MV.
 
After around five takes, the director sighs with disappointment and shouts, "CUT!"
 
I intertwine my fingers together and cover my mouth sadly. I always do this whenever I'm feeling extremely nervous or scared and this one is no exception; I failed for this scene.
 
When Junhyung was leaning closer to kiss my forehead, I pulled back for no reason. I blushed too hard and I forgot my next part. I kept repeating NG scene.
 
"I'm so sorry," I bow to the director but he just crosses his arms together, examining me from head to toe.
 
"Relax," Junhyung pats my head in brotherly way. I look up to see him smiling calmly at me. "Think of me as your brother. Don't be that nervous."
 
"I'm sorry," I sigh with frustration, knowing that I have caused trouble to him as well. He has been trying his best for this scene and I kept messing up. "I'm so lame in acting."
 
"Yah, don't say that," he pinches my cheek playfully. "You're good, little lady. Even without a polling for main actress, I will ask you to be my partner."
 
I wonder how he can always lift me up when I'm down. Junhyung is a really caring senior but I feel that he is different from Yoseob, at least from my point of view.
 
"Here," Junhyung takes the headphone from me, putting it on my ears. He made sure that I wear it right before he gives me another charming smile of him. "Just look at me when we take the scene."
 
I can't help myself to smile because of his attempt to cheer me up. I clutch his shirt with both of my hands, smiling at him, "Thank you."
 
"You're welcome," he rests his forehead against mine, wrapping his arms around my waist, making me to step closer to him.
 
I can feel his breath since our faces are only inches away. We are way too close and my heart is beating rapidly now.
 
"CUT!"
 
Junhyung releases his arms and both of us look at the director. He gives me a satisfied smile as the cameras roll down.
 
"That was great," one of the screenwriters gives us two thumbs up. "We will use that scene instead of the original scene."
 
I blink.
 
 
- Yoseob's POV -
 
When Junhyung is pinching Eunna's cheeks, the director suddenly gives a sign for the staffs to roll the camera again. He gives them a sign to start recording once again.
 
I straighten my body when I see Junhyung is reaching out his hand to take the headphone from Eunna. He puts the headphone on her ears.
 
I was watching from far with my back against the wall because this sweet scene is for them. I can see that Eunna is really nervous because of the close distance she needs to share with Junhyung.
 
When Eunna smiles at Junhyung, I can feel the uneasy feeling to fill my heart again. At the corner of my eyes, I see Joonhee is clenching his fists as his eyes are locked on Eunna as well.

It's not an usual smile. That smile is really sweet and I feel it's unfair that she gives that sweet smile to Junhyung while she is making a distance with me for no reason. She never showed me that kind of smile before.
 
Suddenly Junhyung wraps his arms around Eunna's waist. He rests his forehead against hers and their faces are only inches away.
 
"CUT!" the director shouts with satisfaction; he filmed the scene.
 
It's not in the script. I know it. Junhyung was doing that because he wanted to do that. That's all.
 
Eunna bows quickly to Junhyung and excuses herself to somewhere else, still having the flushed pink cheeks. Joonhee leaves his stand to follow Eunna but I approach Junhyung.
 
I want to stop Joonhee from chasing Eunna but I really need to talk with Junhyung so I can get rid of this uneasy feeling.
 
"Yah, what were you doing?" I hiss to him, hoping that no one can hear me.
 
"Why? Are you jealous?" Junhyung chuckles, looking at my eyes with a smirk. "I think you said that she is just your junior and training partner."
 
"Yah!" I can feel my cheeks are blushing. "It's not about me! I'm talking about you! It's in front of public!"
 
"Eunna is cute," Junhyung mutters calmly as if he didn't hear what I just said.
 
My heart is beating faster now because of his sudden statement.
 
"I thought you and Hara...," I murmur, remembering that Junhyung and Hara are really close since we often met KARA because of our schedules together. I assume that they have a special relationship.
 
"We are senior and junior," Junhyung shrugs, still having the smirk on his face. "Just like you and Eunna, right?"
 
I am taken aback by his words. He is teasing me, isn't he?
 
"Junhyung, don't tease me," I ruffle my own hair, frustated with Junhyung. "There is nothing between me and Eunna."
 
"If you say so...," Junhyung frowns, looking at me with serious expression, "... it's alright for me to approach her, right?"
 
My brain freezes for seconds.
 
What?
 
"Don't worry," Junhyung pats my shoulder lightly. "I'm not your enemy, here, Yoseob. I thought Joonhee is the one you need to be aware if you want to protect Eunna, right?"
 
He walks pass me, fixing his make up for the next scene.
 
The way Junhyung talked to me...
 
Why do I feel that I have a rival now?
 
Wait, why does he even become my rival? For what?
 
Aish, Yoseob, what is wrong with you?!