.4. Junior & Senior

Breaking Your Heart
- Yoseob's POV -
 
"Do you want to drink something, my angel?" Joonhee asks Eunna while his hand is holding the door handle. "Or do you want to share my drink?"
 
Eunna gives him a smile, looking up from the paper in her hand, "No, I have my drink. Thanks."
 
"Anytime, my angel," Joonhee shrugs, still having his usual confident smirk on his face. He leaves the dance practice room to buy something to drink.
 
Silvearth, the name for our promotional group, derived from "Silver" and backwards "Heart", is training right now. It's our first training session together for the title track.
 
I take a glance at Eunna. She is discussing her part with Junhyung. I can see Junhyung is teaching her the dance moves for the refrain. Eunna gives an amazed expression with a bright smile on her face; a smile that she always showed to me before.
 
Mark the 'before' word.
 
Since the day we talked after singing So Into U together, Eunna is avoiding me. Not that I'm sure about it, but it's real obvious.
 
She didn't bid me goodbye that day. She replied my text messages as short as possible. She hasn't talked to me since we met this morning; she prefers to discuss the song with Junhyung, ignoring the fact that I'm actually her training partner.
 
She is not that hard to read but I don't understand why she needs to be mad at me just because of my friendly warning.
 
On top of that, she is still giving the extra ordinary treatment to Joonhee and I'm sure Joonhee is happy with it. Why didn't she listen to me?
 
"Like this?" Eunna shows the dance moves of the refrain part for Junhyung, moving slowly but sure. "Am I right?"
 
"Straighten," Junhyung corrects her arms position, holding both of her wrists. "Now move to the right and to the left."
 
"Yah," I approach them, knowing that I have this annoyed tone for no reason. "I am your training partner here."
 
Eunna blinks while Junhyung looks confused with my sudden reaction. Mira even stops her stretching and looks at me.
 
"We are not training right now," Eunna sighs calmly, looking away from me. "Mira and Joonhee don't have their training partners here."
 
Her tone shows her obvious annoyance towards me. It's obvious because she never talked to me this way. And I don't know why I'm annoyed with the fact that she prefers Junhyung over me, besides the fact that she is mad at me though.
 
"Let's talk outside," I grab her hand and look at Junhyung, "Wait a minute for us, will you?"
 
Without waiting for his answer, I drag Eunna out from the dance practice room, heading to the rooftop of CUBE Entertainment building. She doesn't say anything; she just follows me without a word.
 
"What's wrong with you?" I finally release her hand, looking at her face, waiting for the answer.
 
"Nothing," she avoids my eyes.
 
Aish, girls and their "nothing" answer when it's actually "something". Why do girls always act this way when they are mad?
 
Is it that difficult just to say what's wrong rather than say there is nothing wrong? I don't get girls.
 
"You act better towards Joonhee," I cross my hands together. "So you actually like him, don't you?"
 
I hit the point because she looks at me in the eyes now.
 
But it's the wrong point. Because she gives me deadly glare.
 
 
- Eunna's POV -
 
Since the last time I met Yoseob during our training hours, I draw some distances with him, not wanting to hear him accusing me about giving special treatments to Joonhee again.
 
Because I'm not giving him any special treatment.
 
I do that to all my friends and Joonhee is not an exception. I treat Yoseob the same way I treat Joonhee.
 
I respect Yoseob as my senior, my training partner, and my mature friend. But I'm not that good to hold myself from getting mad at a guy who told me that, maybe, I've broken someone's heart before; a guy who I just happened to know around two weeks ago.
 
Yes, Yoseob is a good person. He is mature and caring. But looks like men are all the same; they can't understand how a girl feels. Can I even blame men for being such simple minded?
 
"You act better towards Joonhee. So you actually like him, don't you?" Yoseob crosses his hands, waiting for my respond because I don't look at him.
 
I frown; how could he say that?
 
I followed him up here because I didn't want to start arguing with him. I was hoping that he would take my 'nothing' excuse and we could return to train again. But looks like I was wrong.
 
I glare at him, giving him a disbelief expression. I really don't understand. Does he have any trouble with me or Joonhee? Why does he keep bringing up this subject?
 
And for a moment, just for a moment, I though I was falling for him when we're singing So Into U. I am so wrong.
 
"I'm sorry for being myself," I hiss, losing my patience. "I'm sorry if Joonhee likes me. I'm sorry if I have broken someone's heart. Happy?"
 
"Yah! I told you I didn't say that you're wrong!" he replies quickly. "I was just saying that-"
 
"But your attitude is telling me that you really like to blame me for being polite to someone," I cut in without hesitation. "It's all good as long as I'm not going to break your heart, right?"
 
I gasp. I cover my mouth with my hand, surprised by what I just said. I'm not supposed to say that to him. Aigoo...
 
"I'm...," I murmur awkwardly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that."
 
"No, it's nothing," Yoseob rubs his head, avoiding my eyes. "Let's just... Aish."
 
He puffs his cheeks, sighing with frustration. He messes his own hair, staring at the floor.
 
I really feel that I need to apologize. Well, he is a good friend and I don't want to have awkward relationship with my own training partner and my groupmate, do I?
 
"Yoseob ah," I tug his sleeve slowly, "I'm sorry."
 
His eyes meet mine and, for seconds, I feel that my cheeks start to blush because of his charming looks. I bite my bottom lip to control my expression, hoping that he will not notice my blushed cheeks.
 
"It's all good," he looks away again. "Just promise me that you will never ignore me again. Just say if something is wrong. Okay?"
 
"I promise," I smile to assure him but he just takes a glance at me with the corner of his eyes.
 
"Come on, they are waiting for us," he turns around, heading to the door. "We need to practice now."
 
 
- Yoseob's POV -
 
I look at my phone. It's almost 9 PM now. Is it appropriate if I visit Eunna now?
 
I look around, hoping that I will see her. I am waiting for her in front of the main door of her apartment. She hasn't replied my message though.
 
After our training, I worked on my another schedule for variety show with Junhyung. Eunna told me that she was going to stay for a while with Mira for another dance practice. Joonhee insisted to stay with them.
 
I was opposing this idea before, knowing that Joonhee was only giving his interest for Eunna, not the dance practice. But Eunna told me that she was going to tell me when she has done with the dance practice, so I let the idea to flow.
 
"Yah, Yoseob," Junhyung muttered when we're on our way back to apartment. I just replied Eunna's text message since she just told me that she was having dinner with Hyori at the cafetaria of CUBE Entertainment. "Does Eunna always inform you about what she is doing?"
 
"No, not really," I tilted my head. She did that because I asked her; just so I would know that she's alright. "Why?"
 
"Nothing," Junhyung leaned to the chair comfortably. "You two look like a couple you know. Telling each other where you are or what you're doing."
 
I blushed slightly because of his statement but I quickly responded, "Yah! She is my training partner, our junior and our groupmate now. I'm just making sure that she is alright."
 
"Really?" Junhyung gave me his teasing smirk. "You look pretty protective whenever Joonhee is around though."
 
"I don't like him. He is too arrogant. That's all," I gave him my reasons. "Even though I need to admit that his dance ability is great."
 
Junhyung laughed, "You're right. He debuted as LJ for something. I can say that he will be the brightest one in our group for the start line."
 
"Maybe," I felt relieved that our topic had changed. "But who knows. Both Eunna and Mira have great skills in their vocals. I can't wait for Silvearth debut."
 
"Our second official debut then," Junhyung looked through the window, gazing at the night sky. "I wonder how Hyori is doing with Muzix."
 
Muzix was the name for the other group consisted of Hyunseung, Gayoon, Hyuna, Hyori, and a guy named Kim Woonshu. Hyunseung told us that their title track would be I My Me Mine, 4minute's song.
 
"I can't wait for the day," I let my mind to wander, imagining the day of Silvearth's debut. I couldn't wait to see Eunna to shine on the stage.
 
Came to think of it, her image when we're at the rooftop crossed my mind again.
 
When she was tugging my sleeve to get my attention, I couldn't help myself to blush because of her extremely cute expression. She was biting her bottom lip and my eyes locked at her lips for seconds.
 
I managed to turn away to hide my flushed pink cheeks; I didn't understand why I blushed because of her. I mean, she's my junior!
 
My phone vibrated and, I didn't know why, a smile curved on my lips as I took my phone to read the new text message; yes, it's from Eunna.
 
She told me that she was going back to her apartment now. That's when I decided to pay a visit to her apartment after telling Junhyung that I would go back as soon as possible. I was thinking about talking with her. Just... talk. So we could know each other better as training partners.
 
"Are you sure she is only your training partner?" Junhyung raised his eyebrow after he heard my request. "Because I'm sure you will make a cute couple with her."
 
"I'm not planning to fall in love," I sighed heavily. "You know that."
 
Yes, Junhyung knew about my fear of falling in love, that's why he just chuckled, "Yeah, I know. Just kidding."
 
My eyes recognize two figures are walking to my stand. I recognize the one in black jacket is Eunna and the one who stands next to her is holding her hand firmly.
 
Joonhee?
 
 
- Eunna's POV -
 
"It's alright now," I mutter under my breath, trying to pull away my hand from Joonhee's. "We're close to my apartment now."
 
"Then I will let go of your hand when we're arrived at your apartment," he tightens his hold gently, trying not to hurt me. "I want to make sure you arrive safely, my angel."
 
I sigh; Joonhee just saved me once again.
 
I was replying Yoseob's text message as I waited for the bus. It's past 8 PM and I just finished my dinner with Hyori. She told me that she had another training session with her group so I could return first.
 
Since I was too tired, I decided to go back by myself. I made sure that Yoseob received my message since he insisted that I must told him about where I was after he left for his next schedule.
 
He was really caring senior. Aigoo... Why did I even feel happy because of his polite attitude towards a junior like me?
 
Suddenly I felt someone wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my right shoulder, whispering next to my ear, "My angel~"
 
I swore I almost dropped my phone down if I didn't recognize the voice; it's Joonhee.
 
"J-J-Joonhee!" I stammered, completely shocked by his sudden gesture. "W-w-what are you doing?"
 
"Ssh," he kissed my neck, making me to flinch a little. "Stay like this for a while."
 
When I was going to complaint, I felt two figures behind us left. I took a glance at them; two men in black leather jackets just walked away.
 
"You shouldn't play with your phone when you're alone at night, my angel," Joonhee released me from his hug. "They were looking at your phone just now. Maybe they thought to steal it away."
 
I blinked. He's right. There was no one else at the bus stop. It's just me.
 
"Since they thought I am your boyfriend, they left. I'm here for you, my angel, don't worry," Joonhee winked playfully at me, making me to blush.
 
When the bus stopped in front of us, he suddenly took my hand, dragging me to the bus, "Let's go."
 
"E-eh?" I blinked.
 
"Do you think I'm going to let you walk home alone after that?" Joonhee gave me a sign to take a seat near the window. "I'm going to walk you home, my angel."
 
He doesn't want to let go of my hand, not even for a second. Thanks to Yoseob's warning, I try my best not to blush because of Joonhee.
 
I stop my steps all of a sudden when I notice someone is standing near my apartment building.
 
"Yoseob?" I mutter his name.