.12. Boy & Girl

Breaking Your Heart
- Eunna's POV -
 
"Are you ready?" Hyori asks me rhetorically; she doesn't need my answer. I must be ready no matter what.
 
Today is the day of my duet performance with Hyori. This will be the first time we perform as a duet in front of public; yes, of course I have done duet performance with her during our training period but all of them were practices.
 
But thanks to our chemistry, we made it just in a week. Both of our managers, from Silvearth and Muzix, are satisfied with our rehearsal and they can't wait to watch our live performance.
 
"It's all good," I smile to her as I tidy up the black ribbon that wrapped around my waist. This dress is indeed really short but I need to wear it during the performance because the concept is sweet and feminine.
 
Despite the fact that Hyori is good in rapping, there is no objection that she is more feminine than me. She wears the dress similar to me but she wears the white one. Hyori looks georgeous in the dress.
 
The MCs call us to the stage before our performance. We do a little bit conversation about Silvearth and Muzix, talking about my friendship with Hyori, and about the performance we will perform after this.
 
"So you two will sing Ma Boy, right?" one of the MCs asks. "Sistar 19 made the song popular with their y wave dances and now Eunna and Hyori are going to do the challenge!"
 
"Give applauses to Eunna from Silvearth and Hyori from Muzix!" the other MCs shouts with excitement as the cue for me and Hyori to take our positions and start to perform.
 
My eyes spot all members of BEAST in the front row of audience seats. I flash a smile to all of them, not wanting to be accused of giving one of them a special treatment.
 
"Sun Eunna, I fall in love with you," Junhyung confessed to me with a smile on his face.
 
I blinked, dumbfounded because of the sudden confession. I didn't need mirror to know that I was blushing madly because of him right now.
 
He showered me with butterfly kisses just now and Yoseob found out about it in front of his own eyes, just when he just kissed me last night. Why didn't someone just shoot me right now?
 
"Don't try to spill your charm on her, Junhyung," Yoseob couldn't hide the warning tone in his words. "I mean it."
 
"And I'm serious," Junhyung turned his gaze to Yoseob. "I love Eunna."
 
My heart skipped a beat because of Junhyung's statement. I knew that he had been really nice to me when I trained along with him for Silvearth. Junhyung was the one who taught me the dance parts and everything.
 
But I never thought that he would confess to me.
 
"I'm going for recording now, Eunna," Junhyung returned his gaze to me as a smile blossomed on his face. "You don't need to say anything. I just want to tell you that I love you and I'm serious about it."
 
He said it with charming smile that made me to hold my breathe for seconds. Even though there were many boys who had confessed to me before, this was the first time I felt like this because of a confession.
 
Came to think of it, even though Yoseob had kissed me, he never said that he loved me.
 
Junhyung approached me to pat my head but Yoseob pulled me into his hug, preventing Junhyung to touch me.
 
Junhyung sighed but not letting the smile to disappear, "See you again, Eunna."
 
He left the dance practice room, closing the door behind him. Yoseob let me go and looked at my eyes, making my heart to beat rapidly.
 
Silence. Why didn't he say anything?
 
"I can't believe you gave both of them false hope," Yoseob messed his own hair with frustration. "I've warned you about breaking men's heart, haven't I?"
 
I frowned. Both of them?
 
"You never told me that you always texted with Doojoon," Yoseob mentioned, making me to gasp because of the explanation. "And now Junhyung thought you return his feeling because you always seek him instead of me when we're training together."
 
"Yah!" I couldn't hide my annoyance now. Why did he even blame me for it? It's not like I was the one who asked them to love me. "Why do you say it like I am the one to blame?"
 
"You did well with Joonhee but not with Doojoon and Junhyung," Yoseob blurted out, ignoring my protest. "Congratulations for making them to fall for you, Eunna."
 
I clenched my fists. This was ridiculous.
 
Last night he kissed me and now he was accusing me for... breaking their hearts?!
 
"Say whatever you want to!" I groaned and walked pass him, leaving the dance practice room with frustration.
 
I avoided him for the whole week unless for training; at least I avoided the chance to be alone with him. While Junhyung, just like what he said to me, treated me sweetly and gently.
 
Doojoon, in the other hand, texted me almost every day for usual conversation. There is nothing wrong with that, isn't it? He told me about the rumor of me being Joonhee's ex-girlfriend, BEAST's comeback, and more. Just like what friends will do.
 
I guess Yoseob is still mad at me but I don't want to apologize. How could I know that Junhyung and Doojoon would fall for me?
 
I sit down on one of the chairs that have been prepared for me and Hyori. I need to focus with my performance now.
 
The music starts.
 
"Let’s go
M.U.Z.Z.Z.I.X, Silvearth
Baby stop breakin’ my heart (oh no)
You heard me? No more next time!
I hope you got that boy"
 
I start the dance moves, moving along with Hyori who sings in harmony with me.
 
"Hey girls, It’s gon’ be alright
Hey boys, Better make it right
Hey girls, We got ya back
Got ya back, g-g-got ya back"
 
My smile turns into a curve as I sing my part. Hyori dances, having a beautiful smile.
"Malhaji anha do alsu itda haet janha
Nae mam eotteonji, neon algo it getji
Geuraeseo midgo chamgo gidaryeotji
Honja duji anhget dago haet janha
Yaksok haesseotji, songarak georeotji
Geureonde wae tto geojitmareul hae"
 
You said you knew even if I said nothing
You know my heart somehow, right?
So I believed, I was patient, and I waited
You said you wouldn’t leave me by myself
You promised, pinky-swore
So why are you lying again?
 
I do pretty well. I look at the audience who give us anticipating expressions. Both of me and Hyori stand up to sing the next part.
 
"Sarang handa neun mal geuri eoryeobni
Hanmadi marimyeon dweneun geol
Neo jakku byeonhae ga, nado ijen jogeum jichyeo ga Oh Oh
Shigani galsurok deo moreu gesseo
Joha jilsurok naneun deo apeunde
(Why you trippin’ boy) nal jom barabwa"
 
Is it that hard to say “I love you”?
It’s just one phrase
You keep changing, I’m becoming exhausted
As time passes I get more confused
The more I like you, the more I’m hurt
(Why you trippin’ boy?) Look at me
 
After spinning once on the chairs, we stand up and dance with some backdancers for the refrain part.
 
"Oh Ma Boy ~ Oh Ma Boy ~Baby
Niga museun sarangeul ara, nae mam man apa
Oh Ma Boy ~ Oh Ma Boy ~Baby
Niga eotteohke nae mameul ara, Don’t let me down Boy"
 
Oh ma boy, oh ma boy, baby
You don’t know love, my heart hurts
Oh ma boy, oh ma boy, baby
There’s no way you know how I feel
Don’t let me down boy
 
The dance part is actually easy. Just like the MC stated, the dance moves require y wave. This is one of the reasons why we need to use dress for the performance. I'm grateful that I'm not that bad with high heels.
 
Hyori starts her rap part, making me to be captivated with her charms on the stage; she looks really amazing when she is rapping.
 
"Neottaemune naega michyeo
Why try’n play games with me?
Neoro inhae haru edo naneun myeot beonsshik, UP & DOWN
Don’t let me down
Nan ureo mae ilbam (No, No)
Stop breakin’ ma heart
Neoneun nae gibun do moreugo nun dollyeo
I got what you lookin’ for
Han nun paljima, ige nae majimak
Gyeong go (oh, no)
This gon’ be the last time"
 
I’m going crazy because of you
Why ya try ‘n play games with me?
Because of you everyday I go up and down several times
Don’t let me down
I cry every night (no, no)
Stop breaking my heart
You don’t know how I feel, your eyes wander
What I got, what you lookin’ for?
Don’t look at other women
This is my last warning (oh no)
This gon’ be the last time
 
My eyes meet Yoseob again and I can see that he has an amazed smile on his face, which makes me somehow satisfied because we can make a senior like him to be dazzled by our performance.
 
 
- Yoseob's POV -
 
A week have passed and I haven't talked again with Eunna. I cursed myself from denying the fact that I am jealous with my own groupmates, especially Junhyung.
 
He could express his feeling towards Eunna. He even confessed to her! While I...
 
Well, I kissed her. She kissed me. But there is no such thing as confession or 'love' word came between us. I didn't manage to do that anyway.
 
I'm not supposed to accuse her for giving false hope for Doojoon and Junhyung but I'm way too jealous to admit it.
 
Me and my stupid pride.
 
Since I thought she needed to focus for her performance with Hyori, I didn't force myself to have an eye to eye conversation; I will talk to her after the performance when I walk her back to her apartment.
 
I must talk with her. To apologize.
 
And, maybe, to confess.
 
But as for now my professionalism takes over my heart. I am watching her duet performance with Hyori. They sing Ma Boy perfectly good.
 
Eunna's amazing vocal and Hyori's flawless rap are the best combination; the same way our fans love to hear Junhyung's rap and my vocal together, I guess.
 
Both of them look beautiful, charming, and captivating in the same time. I can't take my eyes off of them, especially Eunna.
 
"Sarang handa neun mal geuri eoryeobni
Hanmadi marimyeon dweneun geol
Neo jakku byeonhae ga, nado ijen jogeum jichyeo ga Oh oh
Shigani galsurok deo moreu gesseo
Joha jilsurok naneun deo apeunde
(Why you trippin’ boy) nal jom barabwa"
 
Is it that hard to say “I love you”?
It’s just one phrase
You keep changing, I’m becoming exhausted
As time passes I get more confused
The more I like you, the more I’m hurt
(Why you trippin’ boy?) Look at me
 
Eunna gives a wink to the audiences, causing some guys to whistle because of excitement. I can't help myself to blush slightly because Eunna looks extremely dazzling.

And I'm not going to accuse her for giving special treatment for the wink; I know it's a fan service and I do that a lot on the stage. After all, it's amusing to see her like this. Eunna supposed to be a shy and cute girl but when she's on the stage, she wins over the guys' heart with her charms.
 
"Oh Ma Boy ~ Oh Ma Boy ~Baby
Niga museun sarangeul ara, nae mam man apa
Oh Ma Boy ~ Oh Ma Boy ~Baby
Niga eotteohke nae mameul ara, Don’t let me down Boy"
 
Oh ma boy, oh ma boy, baby
You don’t know love, my heart hurts
Oh ma boy, oh ma boy, baby
There’s no way you know how I feel
Don’t let me down boy
 
There they go with the y waves again. This dance moves are totally created for girls, right?
 
Eunna steps forward to sing the bridge, showing off her skills in vocal. I'm proud to be her training partner whenever I hear her singing. I'm sure Junhyung is proud with Hyori as well.
 
"Woo Boy, deo joha jil surok
Woo Boy apeun nae mameul ani neo
Nae mame jageun soksagim
Ttaeron nareul boneun ttaddeut han nungil
Geugeo hanamyeon dwe, ojik neoman wonhae
Ajik do neoman nae mam moreu janha"
 
Woo boy, the more I like you
Woo boy, do you know how I feel?
The small whispers of my heart
The warm looks you give me sometimes
I just need one of those, I only want you
You still don’t know my heart
 
The next part will be the last part of the song. Hyori has a beautiful voice even though she is a rapper. Eunna hits the high notes for the last refrain and the audiences clap for her.
 
"Oh Ma Boy ~ Oh Ma Boy ~Baby
Niga museun sarangeul ara, nae mam man apa
Oh Ma Boy ~ Oh Ma Boy ~Baby
Niga eotteohke nae mameul ara, Don’t let me down Boy
Ma Boy"
 
Oh ma boy, oh ma boy, baby
You don’t know love, my heart hurts
Oh ma boy, oh ma boy, baby
There’s no way you know how I feel
Don’t let me down boy
Ma Boy
 
I give them standing applause and the other members follow me, standing up and giving them applause, showing them that we are proud of them as label mates. They are giving their poses, having their hands on their waists as they look at the audiences with charming smiles.
 
I smile to Eunna when she looks at me. She returns me her best smile, her usual bright smile, as if there is nothing happened between us.
 
I hope she will give me that smile after I talk with her.
 
After I tell her that she is the girl who has my heart.