.17. Men & Women

Breaking Your Heart
- Eunna's POV -
 
"Ugh," I grunt and squat down, cursing myself because of being clumsy. It's the third day since the night I fought with Yoseob and I still haven't talked with him. And now I'm hurting myself by training without any consideration.
 
I was training my dance moves when I tripped down; probably because I was too... high-spirited. I tripped down and I tried to support myself with my hand. And now my right wrist feels really hurt.
 
"You're so stupid, Sun Eunna," I murmur to myself, taking a glance at my wrist. "There is nothing you can do to help yourself and Yoseob."
 
"Eunna! Eunna!" Junhyung called out my name, hoping me to stop my steps but I didn't. I kept my pace forward, leaving their apartment building with tears threatening to fall.
 
"Eunna, wait!" Junhyung caught my hand, forcing me to stop and look at him. I immediately looked away; I didn't want to look at me with this state because I knew he would know that something terrible happened between me and Yoseob.
 
He caressed my cheek with his thumb, "What happened? Tell me. Did Yoseob say something to you?"
 
Of course he said something to me!
 
I was trying to apologize. I was trying to explain to him. I dared myself to come over, seek for him, begging for his forgiveness, and what did I get from him?
 
Heart breaking words.
 
"If we are lovers."
 
Why did he need to say the words? Even though Junhyung confessed to me while Yoseob never said a word of love to me, I believed that he did love me. That's why he asked me to be his girlfriend, right?
 
I ran away, partly because I was enraged. The tears that gathered together were not because of sadness, but because I was angry with myself to be this sensitive and with Yoseob to this insensitive.
 
Well, I knew men and women were different. But I never expected that it would turn out this way between me and Yoseob.
 
"Eunna, do you want me to talk with Yoseob?" Junhyung tucked my long hair behind my ear gently, giving me a comforting smile. "It's hurt to see you like this."
 
I quickly stepped backwards, pulling away from him, "Don't, Junhyung. Don't."
 
He blinked in confusion. I could say this was the first time I drew aback from him but I didn't want him to misunderstand anything. I was dazzled by his sweetness towards me but my heart was totally broken right now.
 
"I'm sorry but I really need to go home now," I managed to excuse myself. I bowed to him and took my leave. Luckily, he didn't follow me so I took my way back to the apartment as soon as possible.
 
"Eunna! What's with that face?" Hyori asked me with worried tone. She rushed to my side but I didn't answer her. I just walked pass her to my bedroom.
 
"Yah! I thought you have a date with Yoseob!" she blurted out the name. "Did he stand up on you?"
 
"I wish he did," I muttered desperately. "I gave my heart to him and I ended up broken. Again, Hyori, again. What's wrong with me?"
 
"Eunna ah...," Hyori looked sad to hear me babbling. She hugged me like a sister, "You can talk to me. Easy, girl. Tell me, what's wrong."
 
And then I spilled out everything to her. My I-think-it's-a-relationship with Yoseob, Junhyung's confession, our fight, Yoseob's words. Everything.
 
"Honestly speaking, Eunna, you are my best friend but let me say this straight," Hyori scratched the back of her neck. We were sitting side by side in the main room of our apartment. "First, do you love Yoseob?"
 
I frowned with her silly question, "Yes, I do, Hyori. You know that? If I don't love him, I won't be this heart broken."
 
"Now, second, does he love you?" she continued, raising her eyebrow.
 
"How could I know?" I snapped out. "If I know the answer, I won't be like this, would I?"
 
"Now, young lady, you're denying as usual," Hyori sighs heavily. "A man is not good with words. Love is the four letters that mostly scared men to say. His courage to ask you to be his girlfriend was something to be proud of."
 
I was taken aback somehow by her explanation. I knew Hyori didn't try to aside with Yoseob but her words were pointing my mistake; that I didn't try to understand Yoseob.
 
But, well, he didn't do the same.
 
"We, women, are unique living creatures," Hyori smiled as she patted my head. "I know, he's scared of love and you're afraid to love. But life is going on. You two love each other. That's all you need to believe."
 
And, thanks to my pride of nothing, I still avoid Yoseob. He tried to call me and send me text messages, telling me that he wanted to talk with me but I ignored it. He even came over my apartment two nights ago but I wasn't home since I had a schedule for interview that night.
 
I managed to reschedule my training with him until next week. I still need time to control my emotion. But then again I must stay as a professional.
 
Tonight I will have a radio interview with Yoseob and Junhyung as representatives of Silvearth. There is no way I'm going to avoid both of them again. So I lock myself in the dance practice room, letting my emotion to be eased by the dance moves.
 
"I'm so stupid," I rest my forehead on my knees, closing my eyes. My head is aching, probably because I didn't sleep well last night.
 
The sound of opened and closed door catch my attention. I look up to see who just entered the room; somehow I hope it's Yoseob for no specific reason.
 
"Ah, my angel," Joonhee greets me cheerfully. He approaches me with his usual smirk, squatting down in front of me. "What are you doing here alone?"
 
I can feel the disappointment crawl in my heart. What was I expecting? Yoseob to come and apologize? Or Yoseob to come and fight again with me?
 
The thought of him in my mind makes me regret the fight between us.
 
I miss him. I miss our random conversation. I miss our little arguments. I miss Yoseob.
 
My tears start to roll down, making Joonhee to start panicking. I bury my face in my knees, ignoring my hurting wrist as I start to cry.
 
"Yah! What happened? Why are you crying?" Joonhee can't hide his panic tone. He shifts closer to me and pats my head, trying to comfort me. "Don't cry, Eunna ah. What happened?"
 
To my surprise, Joonhee doesn't do anything while I'm crying. I thought he would do something, or anything, since he always loved to tease me whenever I was off guard. But he just stays with me, patting my head softly as I cry endlessly.
 
"Is it because of Yoseob?" Joonhee blurts out the sudden question, making me almost choked because of my own tears.
 
I look up at him to find his eyes are locked at me. How? How could he know?
 
"I'm not that foolish, my angel," Joonhee gives me a grin. "It's obvious for a man who loves a woman to be such an annoying protective guy. And Yoseob has been the one."
 
I can't help myself to smile because of his way to describe Yoseob. He continues again, sitting down with his legs crossed together, "And I know that you has a crush on him as well. You always react towards him, the different way you react towards me or other guys."
 
I blink. I don't know that Joonhee is actually a guy who understands people this well. Where is Joonhee the charmer?
 
"The rumor about me having an ex-girlfriend," he suddenly opens another topic, "it's not all wrong. I do have a girlfriend. The day I met you at the alley, I was fighting with her. You can say that I was trying to get rid of my anger with flirting other girls."
 
"Eh?" my eyes widen. He has a girlfriend?!
 
"She is an ordinary student. But she looks a lot like you, my angel. And ironically, because I met you, I realized how much I still love her and I don't want to lose her," Joonhee gives me a sheepish smile. "I'm sorry for teasing you this whole time. But I find that it's amusing to see Yoseob's reaction."
 
Ah, so he is teasing me, just like what I've predicted. Or maybe I'm just being cocky to understand men.
 
"I don't know why you cried but I'm glad you smile now," Joonhee grins and he looks like a little child with that grin on his face. "I will help you if I can, you know."
 
Actually I do feel so much better than before. I smile to him, "Thank you, Joonhee."
 
Maybe men are not as insensitive as I thought.
 
 
- Yoseob's POV -
 
"You will talk to her tonight, right?" Junhyung asks me for, maybe, the fifteenth time today. He gives me a frown and serious expression.
 
"Yes, Junhyung, yes. Now will you stop asking that question?" I groan impatiently. "I will tell you after I talk to her, alright?"
 
"Good," he smiles and leans to the back of the chair. We are on our way for the radio interview along with Eunna tonight after our hectic schedule for our comeback.
 
The day after Eunna came to our apartment, I finally talked with the other members about my relationship with her. About what were we arguing inside the bedroom.
 
And, you can laugh at me too, they laughed when I finished my story. Except Junhyung though.
 
"Yah! Why are you laughing?!" I felt offended. I was frustrating over my relationship and Eunna and they were laughing as if I just told them funny story.
 
"You two are hilarious," Doojoon wiped away the tears; I couldn't believe he laughed that hard when his friend was in a trouble. "Mostly ridiculous."
 
"Yah! You are the one who made me frustrated first!" I stated out my annoyance. "You kissed her!"
 
"Don't bring that up again, Yoseob. You know it's for work," Doojoon made a fake cough as the others turned to look at him. "I'm being professional here."
 
"And you told me that you are seeing her as well," I sighed, messing my own hair. "Why are you making my way more difficult?"
 
"Wow, hang on there. When did I say that?" Doojoon frowned, tilting his head the other way. "I don't think I ever said that I am seeing her."
 
I blinked, "But you said that you have a chance since she always replied your text messages everyday. You said that she is a sweet girl. You said-"
 
I paused. Was I assuming things?
 
"Yah! Yoseob! Do you think I fall in love with her?" Doojoon laughed again. "You are really cute, Yoseob. I don't fall for her. I'm just teasing you! She is a junior and I don't think she is my type!"
 
What?
 
I turned to Junhyung who had an experesionless face. He took a glance at me and rubbed his face nervously, "I'm sorry, Yoseob. I have no idea that you two are... dating?"
 
As much as I wanted to shower Junhyung with the jealousy, I couldn't. He was right. Eunna was right. He knew nothing about me and Eunna and it was his opportunity to love Eunna. Who was I to stop him from falling in love?
 
"I am the one to blame. I shouldn't have hide this from you," I bowed to them. "I'm sorry."
 
"Still you need to talk with Eunna," Gikwang speaked out. "Doojoon is right. You two are a cute couple and I don't think we will love to see you two fighting. You two are groupmates anyway."
 
"I don't understand why women are being so sensitive all the time," I complained. "I can't read their mind. I don't know what's going on in Eunna's head now."
 
"And she doesn't know what's going on in your head either, Yoseob," Dongwoon chuckled. "Yang Yoseob and Sun Eunna. Training partners become cute couple."
 
They laughed again. Even Junhyung laughed this time. I could see that they found I was amusing for them when I was falling in love.
 
"Talk to her," Junhyung gave me an idea. "She didn't accept my confession, just so you know. Maybe she will avoid you for now but you need to try. I support you, Yoseob, I really do."
 
I looked at Junhyung. Well, I guessed brotherhood couldn't be ignored just because of love.
 
"Thanks," I smiled, assuring him that we're good. "I will talk to her."
 
But can I really talk to her after this interview? She didn't reply my text messages. She didn't pick my call. She even rescheduled our training hours into next week.
 
"Hey," someone pats my shoulder lightly when I enter the recording room. I turn around to see Eunna is smiling shyly to me, the smile that makes my heart to flatter.
 
"H-hey," I greet her. She greets Junhyung who returns the smile calmly. Junhyung glances at me but I don't do anything; I must wait until the recording is finished, right?
 
As if nothing happened, three of us discuss about the interview script, trying to find a way to promote Silvearth. I love this feeling whenever Eunna is around; I miss her so much.
 
The interview starts with our introductions. We also promote Star Dating Star show. We talk about the music industry nowadays and thirty minutes fly quickly.
 
"So, it's the end of our session with Silvearth tonight," the MC states. "Let's receive a phone call from a fan for the last question to be answered."
 
This is not in the script. I quickly open the script and find the words "Phone call from fans" on the last page; we miss this part.
 
The caller is a young girl. And her question is regarding our personal relationships; whether we have lovers or not.
 
I exchange looks with Junhyung while Eunna is sitting between us. He gives me a sign that he will answer the question first.
 
"I don't have one but I will really happy to have one who can understand me," Junhyung answers calmly, gaining a smile from the young MC. The MC tells me that it's my turn to answer.
 
I hesitate for seconds while an awkward smile decorates my face. What should I say?
 
I don't have any permission to be in a relationship from the President yet. I'm not even sure that I am in a relationship with Eunna.
 
"Am I the one who thinks that you are my boyfriend and I am your girlfriend here?"
 
The way Eunna said that... she thinks that we are lovers, right?
 
"I...," I clear my throat nervously, "...am in love with someone."