.1. Yoseob & Eunna

Breaking Your Heart
- Yoseob's POV -
 
I tap the table with my fingers impatiently. I've been waiting for this Sun Eunna for almost twenty minutes now in this little coffee shop.
 
Where is this girl?
 
It's our first meeting for the preparation of our training session and she is late! I can't believe it. She really needs to work for her time management if she is really going to debut soon.
 
At first I thought that it would be better if I meet my training partner outside of the CUBE Entertainment building so we can build a friendly partnership. She agreed to the appointment when my manager told her last night.
 
And now I'm all by myself. She is lucky that I don't have any schedule for today.
 
"Girls are unbelievable," I murmur to myself, taking a sip of the hot cappucino.
 
I know that girls are unpredictable. They are really difficult to read. Thanks to their complex thinking compared to us, the guys who think simply for everything.
 
My eyes lock at the glass of hot cappuccino; my mind is wandering back to my past.
 
It was two days after our 100th day anniversary. I've been working really hard daily because I was still a trainee and I needed to work harder than everyone if I wanted to debut officially.
 
"I don't think I can continue our relationship," the words came from without hesitation. She avoided my eyes, instead she was looking at the cup of tea in front of her. "I think we must break up."
 
"W-why?" I stammered, completely surprised by her sudden decision. I meant, we just celebrated our 100th day anniversary! "What's wrong?"
 
"Nothing," she sighed heavily. "There is nothing wrong about you."
 
"Then why?" I held her hand, embracing it gently.
 
I didn't want to lose her. I loved her. She was the first girl I ever loved since I didn't remember my first love. I met her because of another trainee under CUBE Entertainment but she wasn't a trainee. She was an ordinary college student.

After meeting for a while, I confessed to her and she accepted my love. She said that she would be the happiest girl in the world to be loved by me.
 
"Because...," she pulled her hand slowly from me, "...you're too nice. You're too good for me."
 
It's ridiculous. Why did she want to break up with me just because I was too good for her? Did it mean she want someone who was bad enough for her?
 
I didn't get it.
 
"We're still friends," she smiled weakly to me. "I'm sure you will find someone else quickly."
 
After that she left me alone, saying that she had a meeting with her friends.
 
My heart was shattered only by a girl. A girl who I loved with all my heart. I tried my best to make her happy despite the fact that I must focused with my training.
 
But then she broke up with me.
 
Because I was too good for her.
 
Since that day, I decided to stop falling in love. Sounds silly, eh? But it's the truth.
 
Don't get the wrong idea. I adore some girls, especially friends like IU, Jiyeon, and more. But I just admire them.
 
It's not love.
 
It's not that I blame girls for being so complicated; that's how they are. I know it's not like all girls are the same with her, but my heart refuses to admit it.
 
I don't want to fall in love.
 
Not now. Not ever.
 
I can hear the sounds of footsteps are approaching me quickly. I turn around to find a girl is standing in front of me. She looks pretty messed up with soiled clothes, as if she just tripped down somewhere.
 
"I'm sorry!" she bows ninety degrees to me.
 
I look at her face.

She is Sun Eunna.
 
 
- Eunna's POV -
 
I look around and find a guy who is sitting alone in the corner of the coffee shop. I recognize him as Yang Yoseob, the one who must have been waiting for me since around twenty minutes ago.
 
Aigoo... why should I be late on our first meeting?
 
I still can't believe that I was so careless on my way here.
 
"Are you sure you don't want me to accompany you?" Hyori frowned, looking at me with worried expression. "I can try to rearrange my schedule, you know."
 
"No! Go to meet Junhyung! You have your own training session to be worried," I chuckled as I took my black jacket. "It's not too far from here. I will call you after I'm done."
 
"Ah, Yoseob is so sweet. He asked you to meet at a coffee shop, not at the CUBE Entertainment building! I envy you, Eunna ah!" Hyori teased me with a smirk.
 
"Yah, stop teasing me, Hyori," I opened the door calmly. "You know that he is a really caring person."
 
I bid my goodbye to Hyori because she was going to meet Junhyung at the CUBE Entertainment building to discuss about their training method.
 
From what I knew, Yoseob was known as an angel among the other members of BEAST. He cared and loved his families, friends, and even the staffs. I couldn't believe that there was such a perfect person like him.
 
Well, I would find it out sooner or later after I met him though.
 
I was going to cross the road to reach the coffee shop when a hand stopped me, grabbing my arm roughly.
 
"Help me!" the guy who was wearing black T-shirt and dark jeans whispered. "I need your help!"
 
I looked around but no one was paying attention at us. It's noon and people were too busy with their own activities.
 
He dragged me to a dead-end alley and there was no one there. It's quite dark too. I couldn't release myself from his grip because he was really strong.
 
Suddenly he pushed me until I fell down, hitting the ground that caused my clothes to be dirty. I stood up slowly, looking at him carefully.
 
He pulled out a short knife, pointing it to me, "I don't want to hurt you. I just need your money. Give me!"
 
That's when I noticed that this person was drunk. I could smell the alcohol from him. I could assume that he was not thinking clearly.
 
"Easy, easy," I stepped backwards, trying to draw some distances from the sharp knife. You could say that I've been experienced this situation quite some times before.
 
I wondered why I often trapped in this dangerous situation.
 
I took a deep breath. I knew I would be fine if I just handed him some money. That's all I needed to do.
 
A man appeared all of a sudden, tossing away the knife from the guy's hand.
 
He was a man with white cap, grey T-shirt, and dark jeans. I couldn't see his face clearly but I thought he was around the same age with me. He was listening to an iPod.
 
"You!" the guy grabbed his collar, enraged because the mystery man just disturbed him. "You're going to-"
 
But he didn't finish his words.
 
The mystery man showed him money in front of his face, "Take this and go away."
 
The drunken guy took the money, having a wide grin on his face. He left quickly without even bothering to take his knife, leaving me and the mystery man alone.
 
"Are you alright?" the mystery man turned to look at me.
 
He took off his cap and I finally could see his face. He had black short hair and familiar face; I though I've seen him somewhere before.
 
I nodded slightly, "Yes. Thank you."
 
"You should have shouted for help when he dragged you, you know?" he put back his cap again. "You're lucky I noticed he was dragging you to here when I was on my way to meet someone."
 
"Thank you," I bowed to him politely.
 
It's not that I didn't want to talk to him or else but I noticed that Yoseob was waiting for me. I needed to leave as soon as possible.
 
"Yah," the man stepped closer to me, leaning closer to me until our faces were only inches away, "what's your name?"
 
I took a step backward, trying really hard not to blush because of our close distance. But I thought it would be alright to tell him my name.
 
"Sun Eunna," I cleared my throat nervously. "And you are...?"
 
"Eunna," he smirked, reaching out his hand to touch my hair. He tucked my long hair behind my ear before trailing it with his finger. "What a beautiful name."
 
I freezed on my stand as he leaned to kiss the tip of my long hair, looking at me with his eyes, "My name is Lee Joonhee, Princess."
 
Lee Joonhee.
 
Where did I hear his name before?
 
While I was busy remembering about it, he leaned closer, causing his lips almost brushed against mine but I snapped back to reality and quickly avoided him.
 
"I-I need to go," I walked pass him, not bothering to look back at him. But after a few steps, I turned back and bowed to him once again, "Thank you for your help."
 
I approach Yoseob and I think he notices my footsteps because he turns around to look at me. I wonder if he knows that I'm his training partner.
 
"I'm sorry!" I apologize to him. "I'm supposed to be here earlier than you. I'm so sorry."
 
"It's alright," he responds calmly. "What happened to you?"
 
Looks like he is actually a really good person, just like what people always said about him.
 
 
- Yoseob's POV -
 
I ordered a cup of hot tea for her because she told me that she doesn't drink coffee. She took off her black jacket and I just noticed that she has a petite figure.
 
I think she's around 160 cms. She doesn't wear high heels, just a pair of white flat shoes. She has long black hair and she just let it loose.
 
"Are you sure you're alright?" I examine her face again. She told me that she just tripped down on her way here but somehow I feel that she is not telling the truth.
 
It's not my concern actually but since we're going to be training partnerts for a year, at least I need to know her better.
 
Yes, I don't want to have a relationship with a girl but it doesn't mean that I don't want to be a good friend with a girl. Especially when the girl is a part of CUBE Entertainment family.
 
"I'm fine," Eunna smiles sheepishly. "I'm a little bit clumsy."
 
"Well, if you say so," I rub my head, not knowing what to say anymore if she doesn't want to tell me the truth. "I guess I will introduce myself. Just for formality."
 
"My name is Yang Yoseob. I'm the main vocalist of BEAST. I'm a year older from you and I will be in charge of you for a year," I introduce myself casually, giving her a warm smile.
 
"My name is Sun Eunna. I adore you for being so talented. Yes, I'm your fan," she chuckles because of my happy expression; it always feels good to know that someone is your fan, right?
 
"I think we will be paired for a year. I will do my best," she bows to me politely.
 
"I hope we will get along for a year," I offer a handshake foor her. "For bright future."
 
She takes my hand and shakes it with a smile on her lips.
 
"For brighter future."