Chapter Twenty-Two

Comfort Zone

“Tell me again how we ended up like this?”

It was a good question. The current situation defied all sorts of previously established standings. 

“Well, ya see, this what happens when you try to kill people.”

Looking pointedly at an affronted Myungsoo, Kibum wiggled into a more comfortable position from his place on Sungyeol’s back.

“Okay, but how come I’m the one stuck with the stupid dino-dog? Shouldn’t he be hiding behind you?”

“Myungsoo hyung, you’re going to run into a cliff if you keep looking at Kibum instead of your unicorn,” Jonghyun pointed out, resting his chin on Myungsoo’s shoulder so he could watch the elder play on his phone. 

See, what had happened was Myungsoo tried to murder Jonghyun again and had actually managed to drag him to the ground despite Jonghyun’s superior strength. Deciding he really should help his puppy dog for once, Kibum tried to extract Jonghyun from the lethal situation but only ended up getting dragged down himself. In enters Sungyeol and, what do you know, Myungsoo was obviously The Hulk because he got Sungyeol down to the ground as well. After some serious chaos, Kibum rolled out of the fray on Sungyeol’s back and Jonghyun ended up clinging to Myungsoo’s for dear life. After finally tiring Myungsoo out enough to get him to lie on the ground in petulant defeat, Jonghyun decided to stay there in case he got uppity again.  

“I’ll kill you. When this fatigue wears off, you’re dead,” Myungsoo seethed. 

“Ohhh, you wouldn’t do that,” Jonghyun grinned. “You have a new found love for me.”

“You’re delusional.”

“No, I think I finally charmed my way into your good graces. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone.”

“Piss off.”

“I love you too, hyung.” 

“Kibum,” Myungsoo whined. “He’s calling me hyung. Fix this.”

“You brought this upon yourself,” Kibum snorted, flipping around so he and Sungyeol were back to back. “Keikeu, hello baby boy,” Kibum smiled, welcoming his needy cat onto his stomach when he came in meowing for attention.

“Oh, okay. Nice to know the cat takes priority over me,” Myungsoo grumbled.

“It’s okay, I still love you, hyung,” Jonghyun chuckled into Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“I’d rather you didn’t.” 

“Come oooon. Give me some looove.”

“What? No! Jonghyun, quit it! Jonghy—AH—YOU KILLED MY UNICORN!”

Kibum watched with a cocked eyebrow as Jonghyun squeezed the ever loving life out of Myungsoo, rolling him around and burying his face between Myungsoo’s shoulder blades. 

“Jonghyun-ah, be careful,” Sungyeol frowned. “He hasn’t completely recovered yet.”

“He’ll heal faster if he accepts my love,” Jonghyun snickered, sitting up and holding a struggling Myungsoo captive. 

“Let go, you er,” Myungsoo hissed, clawing at Jonghyun’s hands. 

“No.”

“Yes”

“Uh-uh.”

“I will rip out all of that hair you take so much pride in.”

“Sure you will.”

“Kibum!”

Shaking his head, Kibum placed Keikeu off to the side and rolled off of Sungyeol’s back. Scooting over the carpet, Kibum wormed his way behind Myungsoo and under one Jonghyun’s arms just so he could restrict Myungsoo’s movements even more by wrapping his own arms around his hyung. 

“Come on, hyung,” Kibum sniggered. “Accept our love.”

Kibum couldn’t see Myungsoo’s face, but he could feel the body in his arms go lifeless for a second before it convulsed in a violent jerk.

“Nooo, you rat bastatrd, you turned my brother against me!”

Myungsoo was all but screaming at that point, reaching for Sungyeol and pleading for help. Sadly, there was none to be found as Sungyeol just chuckled and pushed up against Myungsoo from the front to render him completely immobile. 

“Come on, love. Just accept our affections. Embrace them.” 

“Seriously, all of you. Burn in Hell.”    

Mreeeoooowww.”

Kibum nearly pissed himself when Keikeu climed up Sunyeol’s back and plopped down half and Myungsoo’s shoulder, half on Sungyeol’s. He pushed his face into Myungsoo’s and let out the mother off all purrs to top it off.

“Alright, your cat is a douche bag,” Myungsoo grumbled, Trying to lean away from Keikeu’s face but failing miserably. 

“Shhh, just accept all of the love, hyung,” Kibum sighed, placing his head on Jonghyun’s shoulder and closing his eyes.

It wasn’t long before everyone got comfortable and started to doze off, Myungsoo included. Given how tired he got as of late, it wasn’t much of a surprise that he was able to fall asleep squished between a bunch boys he may or may not like at the moment. Cracking and eye open, Kibum smirked when he noticed Myungsoo’s head was in the perfect position against Jonghyun’s chest for the velociraptor to comfortably rest his cheek in his coco brown hair. 

“Don’t love him my ,” Kibum mumbled before drifting off as well.


Tis' short, but full of loveeeeeeeeeee. Guess what? I graduated from high school. And now I'm paying to go to another one! Yup, start in August. Uhggg, WTF IS LIFE?!