Chapter Fourteen

Comfort Zone

Myungsoo was not happy. Not even remotely. Why? Well, Kibum thought it could be a whole slew of things.

Sungjong was over, which was sure to put a damper on anyone's mood. Myungsoo was also drinking Kopi Luwak, which Kibum knows would have ruined his day. It might have been because Keikeu had recently learned how fun it was to shred all and everything fabric. Of everything Myungsoo could have been mad about, though, it was more likely the sight of his little cub seated contently in a stupid dinodog's lap so early in the morning.

It was 6:30 A.M. and Jonghyun had come to pick Kibum up for school. Somewhere between getting ready and getting out the door, Kibum and Jonghyun found the path called -I-N-G-L-A-Z-Y, and decided to see where it took them. Well, it took them all the way to the couch.

"Can't you guys be disgusting where I can't see you?" Myungsoo complained, slumping against a very amused Sungyeol who had approved of the relationship, and was therefore off of Kibum's list (congratulations Sungyeol, you've been upgraded to hyung).

"You mean in my room where we'll be left to our own hormonal teenage devices?" Kibum snickered. "Well, if that's what you really want."

"Hey, you sit your right back down!" Myungsoo commanded, looking ready to jump on anyone who tried to make it down the hallway.

"Come on, Myungsoo," Sungjong cackled from his place on one of the many beanbags. "Let the boy live a little before he dies from a Spiderman fantasy related incident. Besides, look how cute they are being cuddly."

Just to clarify, Sungjong is still on the list. He's on a list much worse than the list.

"Why are you here again?" Myungsoo frowned, shooting Sungjong a displeased glance.

"Don't pretend you don't love me."

"Go bug Hoya. Didn't you guys get together yesterday or something? Why are you even here?"

The glint in in Sungyeol's eyes was nothing but dangerous. Smiling his beautiful smile, his pretty eyes becoming crescents, Sungyeol said, "I need to borrow your handcuffs," with the upmost innocence in his tone.

It was funny how Kibum saw Myungsoo implode at the same time he felt his boyfriend convulse underneath him.

"I didn't take Myungsoo for the type," Jonghyun whispered at the same time Myungsoo screamed, "I do not have any handcuffs!"

Sungjong looked so affronted by Myungsoo's claim that Kibum couldn't help but laugh. He looked so completely and utterly offended, Kibum couldn't not laugh.

"You do ing too!"

"I so do ing not!"

"You just don't want to share."

"You're insane."

Kibum couldn't take it anymore. If he didn't make them stop, his stomach would split open from his violent chortles. So guess what he did? The best thing he could have possibly done, of course!

Getting off of Jonghyun, Kibum slipped past Myungsoo while he was busy arguing with Sungjong and disappeared down the hallway. Thirty seconds later he came back with something suspiciously pink and fuzzy clasped in his left hand.

"Here Sungjong," Kibum said, tossing leopard print cuffs in his lap.

"Ha! I knew you had cuffs!" Sungjong scoffed, wiggling them in Myungsoo's general direction. But Myungsoo wasn't looking at him.

"Those... aren't mine," Myungsoo gaped, staring at Kibum. Sungyeol was gawking as well because they sure as hell weren't his.

"Oh, this is too ing fantastic," Sungjong choked, stifling his laughter with his hand

"So, I think we should go now Jonghyun. We'll be late," Kibum giggled, snatching his bag up from the floor.

"Uhh," Jonghyun said dumbly, eyeing Kibum then the handcuffs, but getting up never the less.

"You better back the up young man and tell me where the hell those came from," Myungsoo growled, Sungyeol barely able to keep him planted on the couch.

"Gonna be late, hyung. Saranghae, missing you already, byeeeeee!!!"

"Get back over here! Where did those come from! Ki— give me a ing hug goodbye, at least!" Myungsoo screeched from the couch, trying to claw out of Sungyeol's arms as Kibum headed towards the door, Jonghyun in tow.

"I'll give you one later. You're not going anywhere," Kibum laughed. "Plus, you'll shank me if I come into stabbing distance."

With that, Kibum was out the door and heading towards the elevator. He snagged Jonghyun's fingers in his when they we're inside and pressed the first floor button.

"So... you're the one?" Jonghyun finally managed to get out, a frightened expression settling on his face.

Scratching his arm awkwardly, Kibum shrugged.

"It was... a gift. More like a joke. I have a really good friend named Kris back where I'm from and I had told him once that I didn't understand the appeal of handcuffs, and, well... he got me some?" Kibum finished, almost unsure for some reason. "I can't tell Myungsoo that, though. He recently found out Kris and I did the do, and he wasn't what I would call thrilled."

Jonghyun had one eyebrow arched up to his hairline as he let that story soak in. After a moment his hand fisted to cover his mouth and stifle his chuckles, and Kibum couldn't help the brief giggle that vibrated in his throat.

"That's pretty funny," Jonghyun grinned.

The elevator dinged and Jonghyun pulled Kibum out of the enclosure, swinging their hands between their bodies all the while. His car—and didn't that just sound hot when Kibum thought Jonghyun was going to pick him up on a skateboard at first—was parked just outside the door, not even in a space. The car wasn't all the great, but its overall appearance wasn't too bad and it ran well enough. Jonghyun said it ran well enough, at least. Well enough was rather subjective description.

During the ride (the car did run well enough, if you're curious) Kibum busied himself by humming to the radio and playing with the fingers of Jonghyun's left hand. He rubbed his thumb from the middle of Jonghyun's palm up to the calloused tip of his middle finger. He repeated the motion a few times before moving on to his ring finger, studying the short digits until he heard the barest sounds of laughter, an almost scoff of a sound, leave Jonghyun lips.

"What?" Kibum looked up, stilling his fingers.

"Nothing," Jonghyun grinned brightly, showing off his perfect white teeth. "I've just never seen you smile this much. You've been so expressionless till now."

Now that was very true, and the way Kibum's lips curved up at the statement was almost embarrassing.

"Like that," Jonghyun said happily, squeezing Kibum's hand.

"Things like... expression come much easier when I'm comfortable," Kibum said softly. "I'm not incapable, it's just that... expressions make me feel vulnerable."

"How so?"

"Like... Like right now. You're asking me things that give you a better feel for who I am, and that's terrifying to me," Kibum frowned, looking away from Jonghyun. "It's the same reason it's hard for me to express myself. People can use what they get from me and... and they can do whatever they want to hurt me with it. It scares me at an unreasonable level to know people can do that, and, being me, I naturally think that most people will."

"But not me?" Jonghyun said gently, glancing at Kibum briefly.

"But not you. You, Taemin, and Myungsoo. Maybe even Sungyeol. I... trust you guys," Kibum said with soft eyes, the foreign word rolling off his tongue easier than he ever thought it could.

"Oh? Don't care for Minho or Joon? What about Onew, everybody trusts Onew," Jonghyun laughed lightly.

"I think I've only ever talked to Joon once, so can't say he's someone I'd bare my heart to. Minho's sort of a friend, I guess, but we're not close. Onew... I think I could trust him. But we don't talk much either."

Pulling over at a stop sign, Jonghyun looked over just in time to see hot pink cheeks turning away from him to look out the window.

"Aw, are you blushing?" Jonghyun cooed, reaching over to tug Kibum's upper half over the center console. "Why, are you embarrassed?"

"Because," he muffled into Jonghyun's shoulder, hiding his face. "I'm pretty much saying you're one of the most important people in my life, and that's gross and embarrassing.

"Well, I think it's sweet," Jonghyun grinned into Kibum's maroon locks.

"Yeah because you're a gross romantic who sings love songs to people in public places."

"Don't say it like you didn't absolutely love it."

"It was humiliating, but you get points for the thought."

Rubbing between Kibum's shoulder blades, Jonghyun nuzzled his face next to Kibum's so he could kiss his cheek.

"So, does all of that mean you love me?" the cheeky bastard snickered.

"No, it means I'm fond of you," Kibum poked Jonghyun in the chest matter-o-factly. "Love at the crack of dawn on the fourth day is completely unrealistic."

"Seeing as how we've known each other for almost a month and a half, I'd say we've way surpassed the standard amount of time it takes teenagers to fall in love these days."

"While that may be so, I like to think I'm I bit more practical," Kibum said with an eye roll. "Now ing drive" he tacked on.

"Oh!" Jonghyun jumped, seeming to remember that they were still at the stop sign.

Arriving at school had been interesting, to say the least. People gawked at the way Jonghyun shamelessly held on to Kibum, making it pretty clear where they now stood. Word travelled fast around the building because Jonghyun had finally snatched up the kid with the stick up his (their words, not Kibum's). Apparently people had been betting on this day.

Of course, with the excitement came the general air of disgust. Kibum caught the nasty looks, heard the coughed insults. He wasn't stupid. Being who he was was relatively unaccepted but, hey, look who's got his arm around the waist of Lee Academy's signature stud? That's right, this gay er. Step aside ladies because he's got this one.

Jonghyun walked him to his first period, marching proudly through the gaping crowd. No one was there when they entered—not surprising considering class didn't start for another twenty five minutes—so Jonghyun pulled Kibum down into a seat meant for one and pressed multiple little kisses to whatever part of his face he could get to.

"Stop being nasty!" Kibum giggled, swatting Jonghyun's head affectionately.

"Nasty?" Jonghyun gasped against Kibum's shin. "I'm being nothing short of lovable."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, pupzilla."

"Shush, foxy loxy, you know you adore everything I do."

"I bed to differ. Getting arrested was in no way adorable."

"... Ya know, you gotta learn to just let go."

"Can't. Mentally incapable."

Giving up 'cause he clearly wasn't going to win, Jonghyun went back to his earlier ministrations and latched on to Kibum's neck with a soft .

"Don't you dare give me a hicky, you bastard," Kibum growled, losing some of the threat factor when he tipped his head back for Jonghyun. "They're disgusting."

"This entire thing is disgusting," a voice gagged.

Kibum jerked slightly, looking over at the door to see the very scrunched up face of Taemin and an almost bewildered Minho and Onew. Oh, and Onew's plus one.

" off, maknae. We're having big boy time," Jonghyun snickered, tightening his arms around Kibum's hips.

"Oh, please, Minho ed me in a supply closet last week," Taemin sneered. "This is child's play."

"Ya know what, sweetheart," Jonghyun said to Kibum. "Imma need you to get up so I can go kick your favorite little dickwad's ."

"Bring it short stack!"

"If you guys fight, I'm ignoring you both for a month," Kibum glared. "And I think we all know I'm capable that."

"But he started it!"

"Well, I'm finishing it!"

"Aww, I just wanted to hit him!" Jonghyun whined, but dropped his head against Kibum's shoulder anyway.

Kibum looked somewhat annoyed, though he still wrapped an arm around Jonghyun's neck and pecked his forehead.

"When did that even happen?!" Onew gestured towards Kibum and Jonghyun looking so very confused.

"Friday," Jonghyun sighed with love sick puppy eyes trained on Kibum.

"Don't look at me like that, it's vile," Kibum said with a pinched face.

"You think everything cute I do is vile."

"Yeah, but that was, like... nauseating."

"I'm beginning to think you're in denial about how utterly endearing I am."

"Maybe," Kibum shrugged. "But I've never been one to deny my feelings. I did admit to liking you rather easily."

"Oh, I believe that was an insult," Jonghyun laughed, squeezing Kibum tighter around the middle.

"Oh, I can't take this," Taemin groaned. "I'll see you later. I hope you're being less... revolting then"

Taemin left promptly after that, Onew following dumbly with a cackling Joon tugging him along. Minho stayed, but he was kind of in the class, so...

"We are not revolting," Jonghyun frowned. "Are we?"

"Yeah, but that's okay. I like you anyway."

"Well, aren't you just the sweetest little thing?

"Hardly. No go before you're late."

They weren't that much better throughout the day. Jonghyun wasn't at least. He was so touchy it was unbelievable. It was all well and good though. Kibum hadn't explicitly said he didn't enjoy Jonghyun's repulsive cuteness.

It was lunch time and Kibum was in Jonghyun's lap again, being way overly disgusting (a.k.a. normal partner behaviors) because a certain who needed to get a damn life already was staring daggers in their direction. Things were going great; Kibum couldn't remember the last time his insides felt so incredibly warm. Of course, happiness just wasn't in the lines of Kibum's palm. Something just had to go wrong.

There was some commotion near one of the cafeteria entrances, but Kibum didn't really mind it till Jonghyun shook him with worried eyes.

When Kibum turned, he saw who he was pretty sure was the principle, and he was heading right for them.

"Kim Kibum?" He said, voice gruff with age."

"Y-Yes sir?"

"I need you to come with me. It's an emergency."

Kibum didn't question him; just followed while pulling Jonghyun with him for mental support along the way because he was freaking out on the inside.

They took him to the front office and he was surprised to find not only Sungyeol, but a puffy eyed Sungjong clinging to an equally distraught looking Hoya.

"K-Kibum," Sungyeol fumbled, eyes red and tear tracks down his face. "Something happened."

Yeah, Kibum got that. What he wanted to know was why Sungyeol was the one who was telling him. How come Sungjong and Hoya were here with bruises and small cuts on their faces?

Kibum's heart seized in his chest and his veins ran cold. Tears were already forming in his eyes before he managed to form words.

"Sungyeol, where the hell is Myungsoo?"


...so...remember that time I said things were going to go down in chapter 15? Well, 's about to go down.

Thank you for reading, sorry for mistakes, and please comment. Oh, and sorry for killing the fluff just when it was finally getting started.