Chapter Ten

Comfort Zone

Edited 12/31/14 (italicized things should be fixed, but not about them below still applies)  


Hey, when you get to the part that says "thang" instead of "thing," read it as thang, I did that on purpose. Also, is you see anything in between this * symbol, then it was supposed to be italicized. 


He knew it. He knew it was going to happen but, dammit, was he ever surprised when it actually did. And he was not happy about it. Sitting in his living room, playing with his kitten, was Myungsoo's ing friends.

Kibum blinked and knuckled some of the sleep out of his eyes, making sure they were really there. When he found them still be on the small couches and beanbags, Kibum let out an irritated whine. Whyyyyyy. Can I not have to deal with people? Is that an option?

It was 9:30 in the morning, and Kibum's Saturday was already ruined. His week had been relatively uneventful. He literally had not seen hide nor hair of Jonghyun, which was nagging at him a bit, but he didn't mind all too much. Sekyung appeared to be creeping around him more often, but he always kept careful watch of her. That conniving was planning, he could feel it.

Everyone looked up at his whine, and, , he let his presence be known. Slowly, they all turned to fully face them. Sungjong, if he remembered correctly, tossed his arms over the back of the couch and eyed Key predatorily.

"Well, aren't you just a y lil' thang?" Sungjong smirked.

Excuse... me?

Kibum looked down at his body and remembered that he wasn't the exact definition of what would be considered dressed right now.

He was wearing a shirt, which was all well and good, but it was too big and fell over his right shoulder. Boxer briefs were the only thing covering his nether regions. His long, freshly shaved milky legs were exposed to every wolfish stare in the apartment, which he was getting from all but one man staring awkwardly at the ceiling and another grinning stupidly at him.

"No wonder Myungsoo would never let us near him," a pink haired man laughed as he plopped next to Sungjong.

Anxiety bubbled in the back of Kibum's brain. He didn't like their stares at all. In fact, he was pretty sure he was about two point three seconds from being bent over one of the couches. What kind of world do we live in where a boy can't walk around his own damn house in his underwear without being eye ed?!

Kibum cringed away from them and took a step back. He hit a broad chest and flipped his , whirling around to punch whoever was behind him. Sungyeol was faster though, and caught his fist.

"Um, you need to stop breaking noses," he laughed. "Now get changed before Myungsoo has to kill all of our friends."

Kibum hurried down the hall and heard Sungyeol yell, "You pedos, do you know how badly you all ed up?"

Slamming his door, Kibum ran to his closet and pulled out the baggiest outfit he could concoct from primarily skinny jeans and form-fitting shirts. He emerged from his room fifteen minutes later, creeping against the walls in his only pair of sweats and an old band T-shirt. When he peeked his head around the corner, he saw the most beautiful thing he ever laid his eyes upon... besides Taemin.

Myungsoo had Sungjong by the throat and Sungyeol was holding down the pink haired man. When one on a beanbag tried to make a break for it, Myungsoo point and yelled, "You best be sittin' yer back down, Sunggyu, you're ing next!!!"

"What, why?! Beat up Woohyun!"

"Woohyun is straight, I know he wasn't staring at my baby dongsaeng with the bedroom eyes!"

"Then get Hoya!" Sunggyu pouted.

"Psh, I'd bet my left nut Hoya had the decency to look away," Myungsoo scoffed.

" you and your manners, Hoya," Sunggyu groaned. "They just got me killed."

Kibum watched the scene play out from the comfort of the hallway. He would have just stayed in his room but, well, a boy has to eat. When he was sure everyone was distracted, he ran through the living room to the kitchen. The loud ruckus ceased when he bolted past and he cursed everyone in that room for being attentive at that very moment. *ers, messing with my Goddamn morning.* He heard a light shuffle before Myungsoo entered the kitchen.

"Hey," Myungsoo smiled. "I choked Sungjong. He'll keep his willy at bay now. He's crushing on Hoya anyway, I'm sure he didn't mean it."

Turning to face his hyung, Kibum gave him a hard stare.

"That's not important right now."

"Oh?" Myungsoo tilted his head. "And what would be important?"

Kibum cupped one side of his mouth to stifle his whispered, "Is that Woohyun guy really straight?"

Myungsoo choked on his laughter and nodded.

"Yes, well, you've gotta have your straight friend, right?"

Kibum shook his head and said, "I don't think I've met a straight man since we moved here."

"Well, sit between him and Hoya. They'll leave you be."

Kibum did as he was told and sat between Woohyun and Hoya, nibbling a slice of toast and staring at the ground. They're looking at me. I can feel it. Man, my legs are covered now, go away!

"Soooo, Kibum."

Kibum looked at the pink haired man Sungyeol beat up. His features looked painfully sharp, and his eyes where long and beady, but he was kinda hot. The stare wasn't that attractive, but his face had a general appeal Kibum couldn't quite place.

"My name's Dongwoo. Nice to meet you," he smiled, sharp canines poking out a bit.

"Charmed," Kibum said dully.

"Oooo, such a stoic boy. You weren't kidding Myungsoo. My names Sungjong, it's a pleasure to meet you," the pretty man said with a wink. Grosssss, old men are flirting with me.

"The pleasure is all yours, you ," Kibum mumbled under his breath. Woohyun cackled at Sungjong's surprised face.

"Oh, I like him. Woohyun's the name," Kibum's, apparently, straight couch buddy grinned, ruffling his hair. "What the hell did you do to your hair?"

Kibum smacked Woohyun's hand away and covered the shaved portion of his scalp. "I like my hair," he grumbled.

"Of course. That awkward mess next to you is Hoya. He's normally more... masculine than this, I think Sungjong jumped him before we got here."

Hoya shifted a bit next to Kibum, lips pursed in a thin line and eyes trained on his twined fingers. Meanwhile, Sungjong was scoffing from across the room.

"He knows he loves me, he just won't ing admit it," Sungjong puffed. "But mark my words, I will get in those drawers!"

Kibum rolled his eyes at Sungjong. He and Taemin would get along fantastically, he could feel it in his bones. Takes a to know a , as they say.

"I'm Sunggyu," the last man jumped in. "And, um... I'm gonna stay a respectable three feet away from you at all times. Yup, that outta save my balls."

Smart man.

At that moment Keikeu pranced in front of Kibum's feet and he was promptly scooped up by said boy. Kibum his tiny head and smiled softly when a purr vibrated through the kitten's throat and he stretched to press his face into the thin fingers petting him.

"Holy , he's smiling, someone snap a picture!"

Kibum flipped off Sungjong, to which everyone laughed hysterically at, and continued to love his cat. He suddenly felt like a parent going through baby withdrawal, wanting his kitten to stay this small forever. He'd get bigger though, sadly. Maybe he should have asked for a pomsky, those stay small forever.

There was a sudden knock on the door, and Kibum groaned.

"Please tell me you don't have any more friends."

"None that I hang out with," Myungsoo chuckled.

Kibum's hyung pulled himself up from a beanbag and padded over to the door. He couldn't see it, but Kibum heard the door open and a way to happy, "Yoeboseyo!" follow.

Oh, Jesus, not today...

Loud thumping was heard before Kibum was glomped over the back of couch.

"Kibum hyung!!!! I misssssed youuuuu!" Taemin sang in his ear.

"I ing saw you yesterday," Kibum grunted while trying to shove Taemin off. He failed.

"Yeah, but that was hours ago! Plus, Kai pissed me off, so I need a hug!"

"Then hug Minho," Key gritted, struggling in Taemin's hold.

Taemin pouted and climbed over the back of the couch, kicking Woohyun and scaring Hoya. He ended snuggly behind Kibum, slender legs locking his in a place and thin arms squeezing the ever loving day lights out of him. 

"He's mad I was talking to Kai, he won't let me," Taemin muffled into his back.

Kibum stopped struggling immediately and went into analyzing mode. *Minho won't hug him... because he was... talking to Kai?"

"Your boyfriend is full of , you know that right?" Kibum inquired, relaxing back against Taemin.

"Yeah," Taemin sighed. "But I knew he'd be like this. I don't understand why he thought Kai was just gonna go away. I mean, the bastards still my friend, even if I'm pissed at him..."

" for you. Quick question, what made you think coming here would fix anything?"

Taemin snuggled in closer and said, "Well... you're my friend right? I guess I was just hoping you'd hug me back..."

"Awwwwww, I'll hug you!!!" Sungjong gushed, swooning over the adorable little boy clinging to Kibum.

"He's fifteen, you e!" Kibum snapped.

Kibum the sofa to examine Taemin. He was looking up through his long hair, glassy eyed and put out. What the hell happened?

Albeit awkwardly, Kibum ran his fingers through Taemin's fox-red locks and tried to be a comforting friend.

"I don't know what happened, Tae, and, frankly, I don't care to," Kibum started. "Whatever it is, the only thing you can do is talk it out. If you can't fix whatever's happening between you three then... you need to drop them on their asses and find some new friends."

Taemin's lower trembled as he wailed, "You're supposed to tell me it'll all work out, not something smart!"

The younger dropped his face into Kibum's chest and sniffed. It because Kibum had no ing clue how he was supposed to handle a distraught friend. Like, can someone hand him a how-to guide? Please?

He ended up pulling the weeping male to his room and giving him Keikeu to cuddle with. For some reason he sobbed like a child, unintentionally making Kibum uncomfortable. The boy cried in Kibum's shoulder for a few hours before he tuckered himself out and was reduced to little whimpers.

"Would you, um... like to take a nap?"

Taemin nodded into his neck.

Like an umma, Kibum laid Taemin down in the mattress and pulled the covers up to his chin. He hesitated prior to bending down and pressing a soft kiss to the boy's tear stained cheek.

"Why'd you do that?" Taemin yawned.

"You said you kiss your friends to make them feel better, so I thought maybe it would make you feel better," Kibum said sheepishly.

"Oh. Well, then thank you," Taemin smiled tiredly. "Ya know, you really are my best friend. Saranghae..." Taemin faltered before drifting off into slumber.

"Y-yeah," Kibum stuttered, a blush gracing his stony face. "Um, yeah, you're my best friend too... saranghae."

Best friend. It rolled of his tongue in an odd way, an almost foreign concept to him. It was true, though. Taemin was his best friend.

Sitting at the edge of the bed, Kibum once again wondered what happened. Taemin was freaking balling. Minho or Kai must have said something really stupid. Or was it just stress?

Kibum wasn't able to find out till about an hour later, when Taemin finally woke up. The small boy's lashes fluttered against his porcelain cheeks and he peared around in confusion until he spotted Kibum.

"Hey," he smiled.

"Hi... are you okay?"

Taemin thought about it then said, "Yeah, I'm okay. I cried it out."

"What made you cry so much?" Kibum asked.

"I thought you said you didn't care," Taemin laughed lightly.

"Well... I didn't. I mean, this is curiosity talking more than my concern for your well-being, no offense, but whatever happened made you cry a lot."

Nodding, Taemin sighed and said, "It was stupid, really. Kai showed up at my house to patch things up and got a bit upset when I said I didn't think we could be like before. I'm not being dramatic, mind you. We used to be attached at the hip. He has Kyungsoo now, he can't spend as much time with me."

Eyebrows scrunching, Taemin paused before saying, "What was he expecting, anyway? We've been drifting apart since he met Kyungsoo. Friends go their separate ways, that's just how it works."

Taemin sat up next to Kibum and rested his head on his shoulder. Kibum felt strangely okay with it and wrapped an arm around Taemin's waist.

Eww, he's making me feel affectionate.

"Anyway, so Minho ended up showing up too, go ing figure. He doesn't want me talking to Kai at all, which isn't how it works, but he's an idiot, so he doesn't know that. He got mad, which made Kai mad, and they started screaming at each other, which pissed me off, then I started screaming, and... yeah. It was a big mess, and I just walked out and left them to sort their in my living room. I wandered about and found myself around your apartment, so I came here," Taemin concluded with a sad sigh.

Kibum rested his cheek on Taemin's head and said, "Well, you can't make everybody happy. You just have to tell Minho that he isn't giving you much of a chance being like this. If he really loves you like he claims he does, which is bull because nobody our age can possibly grasp the full concept of love, then he'll accept you and everything that comes with you, even if Kai is included in that package."

Taemin mulled over this before saying, "I don't understand how you make these things sound so simplistic."

"They are. People let emotions rule reason though."

Taemin tilted his face up and said, "For someone with such a vacant expression, you say a lot of smart things."

Thoroughly offended, as this is how his brain worked, Kibum shoved Taemin from his shoulder and crossed his arms over his chest. His pout would have been perfect if not for his forever blank face.

"Wow, thanks. I take it back, you're not my best friend. Consider that saranghae from earlier nullified."

"What?! You said you loved me? No fair, I was asleep! Say it again!"

Taemin bounced next to Kibum, begging with all his might. Kibum held strong and examined his fingernails. He'd need to get them done soon, it had been a while. He soon found himself actually forgetting the younger's presence in the midst of the fit he was having in his head over how chipped the nail polish was.

Smacking his shoulder in exasperation, Taemin said, "Come on, you can't just take it back!"

"I think I just did," Kibum stated with a slight raise of his eyebrow.

"I'm going to cry again if you don't say saranghae," Taemin pouted, puffing his cheeks cutely.

"How adorable. You think I care," Kibum laughed a bit, poking at Taemin's air filled cheeks.

Taemin's doe eyes doubled in size. A legitimately sad expression adorned his soft features.

"You're mean..." he muttered softly.

Kibum looked over at Taemin and felt a twinge of guilt. Taemin was strange to him. Had Jonghyun said that, Kibum knew Taemin would have come up with a witty retort to counter. Maybe he just expects him to be an ...

Tsking his overly sensitive dongsaeng—holy , I have a dongsaeng— Kibum patted Taemin's rustic colored head and cooed, "Saranghaeeeee."

The boy looked almost surprised, as if Kibum's love was some sort of revelation, before launching at the cat-eyed man. He wrapped his thin arms around Kibum's shoulders and had a giggle fit in his neck.

"Jesus Christ, it only took you a month or so to say it! This is great, now I feel a lot better!"

Taemin clung to Kibum for a few more moments before a Super Junior song suddenly started blaring from nowhere. Taemin flushed a bright red and fumbled to pull his phone out of pocket.

"Yoeboseyo, Minho," Taemin greeted, recognizing his boyfriend's ringtone immediately.

"Uh-huh. Yeah. Ne, I know. Ne. Ani... Kibum's apartment."

Taemin continued to answer what Kibum could only assume was a barrage of questions. He finally ended with, "Alright. Ne, I will. Okay, saranghae. Bye-bye."

Tucking his phone back his pants pocket, Taemin flashed Kibum a sweet smile. "Bummie, you love me right?"

"This has something to do with Jonghyun, doesn't it?" Kibum huffed.

"The hell? How'd ya figure?" Taemin questioned, fairly impressed.

"A strange shiver ran down my back."

"Okay, well, yeah, it does. Minho called, he wants to talk to me, but he somehow ended up with Jonghyun, and we need somebody to... entertain him, if you will. He's very nosy," Taemin said.

"Could you maybe... come with me? It'll help me and Minho a lot. Plus, Minho said Jonghyun misses you."

Taemin batted his eyelashes expectantly. Kibum was appalled by his mastery of aegyo.

"How could he possibly miss me after I told him to leave me the hell alone?"

Taemin's eyes softened in sympathy for the damned dog he called his friend. He had a long way to go.

"Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he suddenly stopped liking you. He's more determined now than ever, actually."

"Dammit," Kibum cussed. Why me? Why I am stuck with old erts and a dinodog? Why not Minho? He's been a bastard lately, he deserves to be punished.

"So... will you do it?"

"Uhg, I guess..." Kibum sighed reluctantly.

"Fantastic!" Taemin grinned. "Now get changed. You can't very well show up to a first date in your grunge clothes."


Five minutes. Kibum was a whole five minutes in to the so called "date" and he was already done. Minho and Taemin had arranged to meet in a mall, which would be nice if he enjoyed the mall. Well, that's not entirely true. He enjoyed parts of the mall, but he wasn't shopping, so it was boring as hell.

To add to an already unimpressive start, Jonghyun did nothing but talk his damn ear off. Like, holy hell, how can anybody have so much to say? Can't they just walk? Silence is golden isn't it?

Kibum rubbed his temples in an attempt to soothe the headache he could feel coming on. Jonghyun had veered off his previous subject about some freaky mall martian and into something about a rat. In the five minutes it took them to say see ya later to Minho and Taemin, walk around the mall once, and end up seated in the food court, Kibum already had it up to his chin with Jonghyun.

"My umma called it a fancy rat, though I never thought of rats as fancy. It was cute though, it stuck its nose in my ear and sniffed around. It tickled so ing bad, I almost—"

Jonghyun didn't get to finish before Kibum's hand slapped over his mouth. Jonghyun's puppy eyes widened, stunned.

"Please," Kibum ground out between his clenched teeth. "Shut the hell up."

Kibum felt Jonghyun's plush lips clamp shut against his palm. Dropping his hand, Kibum rested his head on the table and closed his eyes. He was like that for six seconds before he realized that, ew, there were ing germs on the table and jerked back up with a scowl on his face. He was not having fun.

Jonghyun fidgeted next to him. His eyes darted around the mall, and his fingers were playing nervously with his sleeves. Gone was the suave persona he had previously portrayed and here sat a mess of boy with too much he wanted to say but the lack of appropriate words to do so.

"I... like your outfit," Jonghyun said after a few minutes in hopes of striking up a conversation.

Kibum wore tight black pants with a long white shirt that barely sat on the outskirts of his shoulders. His black high-top converses were tied up in checkered laces and a thin, black rope bracelet was knotted around his wrist. Yeah, he went for neutral colors that day. He was hoping the plainness was scare off Jonghyun and his colorful personality. It didn't work.

"Thanks," was all Kibum uttered.

Jonghyun bit his lip and looked away. Kibum was obviously annoyed; obviously loathed the fact that he had to be there. If he didn't think of something fast, he may never get a second date. And that was definitely what it was because Jonghyun wanted the satisfaction of saying that he got a date with the red-headed little heartbreaker.

"Hey," Jonghyun suddenly jumped, having an epiphany. "You like art an all that jazz, right?"

"Yeah..." Kibum answered cautiously.

"Up, up, up! I just had a great idea."

Jonghyun grabbed Kibum's hand and pulled him up from his seat. Kibum found himself being dragged through the mall and out the big entrance doors. Where the is he taking me?

On and on Jonghyun tugged until they were clear across the ginormous parking lot. He jaywalked them across a pretty busy street, running through moving vehicles like a freaking lunatic.

Though thoroughly miffed, Kibum didn't pull away from Jonghyun until they were safely across the street.

"Let me go, you insane bastard!"

Kibum ripped his wrist away from Jonghyun and held it protectively in his opposite hand. Kibum glared at Jonghyun while rubbing his now somewhat pink tinted skin.

"Oh, calm down. We made it, didn't we?" Jonghyun snickered.

"Why did we even leave the mall?" Kibum whined.

"There isn't an art supply store in the mall."

Looking over Jonghyun's shoulder, Kibum finally realized where he was. They were standing in the small lot of a tiny art shop. Colorful was displayed in rainbow letters across the front of the shop.

"And we're here why?"

Jonghyun blinked then looked at his feet awkwardly. Seriously, where'd all that idiotic charm Kibum hated so much go?

"Well... you like art, right? I figured you'd enjoy it."

Kibum cocked his head to the right then walked past Jonghyun to the shop's entrance. He did like drawing, why not check it out?

The inside was incredibly cramped with racks and cases full of art supplies. Paintable ceramics and guide figurines lined shelves, various sized canvases were stacked haphazardly into high towers, and multitudes of sketchbooks were built up next to them. Kibum noticed a ton of packets filled with paintbrushes and sponge tools. Cardboard packages, tins, and wooden boxes stuffed with every colored pencil or crayon imaginable was in big baskets or neatly shelved. And how could he miss the massive wall of paint bottles near the back of the store?

How come this store wasn't immediately a part of my life when I moved here?

Fascinated, Kibum didn't even notice Jonghyun hanging close behind him.

He started with the ceramics. He picked up an interesting wolf statuette of a mother and her two cubs. Flipping it over, he looked at the price and cringed a bit. 57017.40 won. The paint bottles would be about 518 won a piece, and then there was the brushes...

Kibum set the wolf down and went over to the sketch books. Yes, they were much cheaper. He hadn't exactly planned on spending money, but how could he resist? Now that he thought about it, Sungyeol was living the coffee-pimp life. If he really wanted that wolf... nah, Kibum didn't like Sungyeol enough to mooch off of him.

Settling for a thick hardback sketch book with a pretty peacock design on the cover, Kibum made his way over to the pencils. He popped a few of the tins and wooden cases open to admire their contents before picking one of the large wooden cases. The price on the bottom said 62200.80. This time Kibum really didn't care, as the inside of the case was absolutely gorgeous to him. When it opened, three shelves popped up. The bottom two contained about forty colored pencils each, and the top had ten different leaded pencils and five shaded browns. It even had one of those amazing metal sharpeners and great erasers.

Kibum carried his items to the check-out counter and looked around for a sales clerk. There was no one behind the counter— fixing to get robbed, I suppose— but there was a little silver bell. Lightly tapping it, freaking himself out when it rung, Kibum looked around the store as if he'd broken it; wide eyed and almost apologetic.

"Coming!" A young male voice sounded from somewhere.

A petit little man came running out from the back of the shop, his short black hair bouncing a bit. Kibum wouldn't have recognized him if not for the big owl eyes.

"Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo looked shocked for a second before giving Kibum a half smile.

"Oh, hey. Kibum, right?"

Kibum put his things on the counter with a nod. Kyungsoo rang up the price and took the credit card Kibum handed him. Myungsoo wouldn't mind, that ing push over.

Kyungsoo bagged his purchase, and Kibum would have just left regardless of whether or not Jonghyun was following, but Kyungsoo stopped him with a stuttered, "U-Um, Kibum?"

"Hmm?" Kibum hummed, turning to face Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo fidgeted under Kibum's hard stare and played with his work shirt.

"W-Well, I wanted to ask... I m-mean, do you think that Jongin likes Taemin?"

Kibum's browns pulled low on his forehead.

"Who the hell is Jongin?"

"Kai."

Ohhhh, okay, that made sense. Kibum could see insecurity distorting Kyungsoo's entire face. He was like how Minho felt about Taemin and Kai, just half the size.

"Has Kai given you a reason to think that he likes Taemin?"

"Yeah," Kyungsoo nodded. "He's always thinking about him and talking about him and... I like Taemin, but I feel like he's taking Jongin away without even trying."

Why did everyone's self-esteem so bad? Kyungsoo went from looking insecure to just a beaten mess. Poor kid. Stupid Taemin and Kai.

"I think Kai likes you a lot. He just doesn't want to lose the brotherhood they share quite yet," Kibum said slowly, carefully thinking over the situation.

"Just tell Kai how you feel. It'll get better. Probably."

Kibum left Kyungsoo with that and exited the store. He remembered Jonghyun about three feet out the door and sighed. He should probably wait...

He leaned against the wall until Jonghyun finally came out a few minutes later with two bags in his hand. Huh. I didn't know he was artsy.

Jonghyun wasn't artsy at all. He actually held the larger of the two bags out to Kibum and shook it when he looked at like a ticking bomb.

"Well, take it," Jonghyun laughed.

Inside the bag was the wolf ceramic Kibum had been eyeing. This confused Kibum greatly. Was this Jonghyun's thing? Buying people ?

"I got paint too... I don't know what color you would have painted it, so I just got black, peach, and a bunch of browns and greys."

Jonghyun handed Kibum the other sack, this one filled with paint and a thick paintbrush package.

"Why... did you get me this?" Kibum asked warily.

Oh no, he hasn't given up! Nuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Jonghyun scratched his head and tapped his foot against the ground.

"You looked like you wanted it. I'm also in the middle of trying to win your favor, so I figured I'd try a new tactic. Imma have to think of a new one quick though. You're going to break my bank."

With narrowed eyes, Kibum assessed Jonghyun. He had this crazy theory that if he went about this like he did with Myungsoo...

"But I don't want to carry all this ," Kibum said.

"Okay, then give it to me," Jonghyun shrugged.

Jonghyun took the ceramic and paints, and even went as far to carry Kibum's purchase as well.

It worked. It so ing worked! Kibum almost cracked up. He was a guy that lived on getting something for nothing, especially when it came to using energy. Kibum was tall, but an overall very small boy. You wouldn't be able to tell how lazy he really was from the first glance.

"Well, aren't you just the gentlemen?" Kibum said snidely. Turning on the sole of his foot, Kibum marched towards the street and thought about making a mad dash across, but ultimately decided against it. Jonghyun wasn't so smart though, and took off like the fires of Hell were on his .

Ah! You stupid... Why do you have to... I can't believe... AHH!

Kibum hauled some mother ing booty, sprinting across the road like his life depended on it. It kinda did.

"Not cool, man," Kibum panted, safely in the mall parking lot again.

"Hey, nobody died," Jonghyun grinned.

That smile. It was a stupid smile that Kibum was tempted to punch right off of Jonghyun's prehistoric face. So what if he bought him the wolf? It would take something a bit bigger than gifts to impress him. Well, unless you're Sungyeol, in which case you get a kiss, but that's never gonna happen again!

"Whatever," Kibum hissed. "Taemin and Minho should be done by now, right? I want to go home."

Jonghyun's smile fell when he shook his head.

"We've been here for maybe twenty minutes, I highly doubt they're done."

Mother er...

Struggling to push down the implosion going on in his body, Kibum thought of all the ways he could kill Taemin later. He wasn't capable of tolerating people, especially not this bastard.

"Come on, we're going for a walk," Jonghyun commanded and walked off. Kibum would have stayed put had Jonghyun not been carrying his .

The world was against him. Something somewhere wanted him with Jonghyun, and it wasn't giving up. It did not appreciate the slender middle finger Kibum had given it, and it was now saying, " you," in return.

Jonghyun drug Kibum all around the place, passing coffee shops, flower stores, hippie stores, and even a small pet shop. There were so many places Jonghyun could take him that Kibum was afraid it would never end. The puppysaraus finally stopped in this park with a big duck pond and thousands of flowers.

"Here we are," Jonghyun breathed happily.

"Why are we here?"

"'Cause a certain little fox needs to chill out, and pretty places are always good stress relievers," the dino snickered.

Kibum was stuck with Jonghyun at the park. It wasn't that he couldn't leave, it was that he didn't know his way back. That's why Kibum became more and more irritated as a group of dark clouds rolled closer with each passing minute.

Kibum's hair begged for mercy, but the rain was ruthless as it came splashing down. He screamed, much to his embarrassment, and ducked beneath his hands. Jonghyun thought it was hilarious, but took his jacket off and threw it over Kibum's head. He pulled him under the awning of a nearby café sputtering with laughter the whole way.

Kibum glared at Jonghyun from under the jacket for a solid five minutes as they waited the rain out.

"I have a question," Kibum all of a sudden spoke up.

"And the silence ends! What is it?" Jonghyun chuckled.

"Why do you like me?"

Jonghyun's snicker was wiped clean off his face. He'd been thinking about that lately too, and he couldn't say he knew.

"Just because," was all he could come up with.

"That's not a reason. You hardly know me, why do you like me?" Kibum bit out.

"Because... you're cute. And your smile is pretty."

"That's it?"

"I'm in high school," Jonghyun exclaimed. "My reason for liking you is not near as deep as I thought it was."

He's honest, Kibum had to give him that. He was expecting some TV drama response, but he got the real teenage answer. Interesting.

"Fine," Kibum dropped it.

After a two minute silence, Jonghyun said, "You don't have to like me back."

"Huh?" Kibum peered over at him.

"Could you be my friend, though?"

Jonghyun's eyes were pleading, and Kibum kind of felt like an . Jonghyun hadn't really done anything wrong, he just made Kibum nervous.

"I... if you want to," Kibum finally said.

"Progress!" Jonghyun shouted. Laughing, he hugged Kibum tightly and pressed a fast kiss to his hair.

"I said friends, you bastard!" Kibum squeaked, swatting at Jonghyun.

"Yeah, I know. Did I ever tell you that I really like skinship?"

.


My hands are ing freezing. Like, omg, I can't feel my fingers. Like, screw this typing thing, I need to warm up my hands. Sorry for mistakes, please comment, and have a good whatever part of the day you're in. Bye bye :)