Chapter Nineteen: Inside Looking Out

Comfort Zone

Warning: Most likely very inaccurate scenerio of how one comes out of a coma, but, hey, it went with my story ;) 


"Keikeu's gotten pretty big. He's been growing like crazy. Can you believe he's already almost 9 months old? "

Myungsoo listened to Kibum talk every day, wondering when he was going to be able to reply. If he had been able to respond, he’d have told Kibum he was surprised he wasn’t dead considering Myungsoo felt like he’d been trapped inside his own body for eternity.

"My hair has been growing too. I let the shaved part grow out and cut the other half— I died my hair brown. Taemin says I look too normal."

Myungsoo couldn’t remember the last time Kibum’s hair was any semblance of normal. He did remember the strands looking very similar to fruity pebbles once, though. Trying to look at his dongsaeng, Myungsoo growled on the inside when all he could manage was a meager shift of his eye under the lid.

"I don't think it's my hair, though. I haven't been wearing any nail polish or make up. I don't think I like nail polish anymore. Or make up. It's time consuming."

Now that was something Myungsoo really wished he could see. Kibum without make up? Myungsoo had given up on trying to get Kibum to throw the damn cosmetics away a couple months after he’d gotten into them and now, suddenly, they’re too time consuming? A lot of can happen when you sleep like a bear, Myungsoo guessed.

"I don't hate you. Even if you don't deserve it... I love you and appa too."

Myungsoo had wanted to jump up and scream for joy more than anything in the world when he heard Kibum and their umma make up. Myungsoo knew, even if Kibum had denied it, how much it hurt him to believe that his parents didn’t love him. He’d have liked to be a part of that moment, but, no, a damn drunk driver just had to run a red light the second Myungsoo was driving by.  

"Aw, look at Bummie being all cuddly."

Scratch that. Myungsoo wanted nothing more than to pounce on Jonghyun and strangle the living out of him for daring to ever touch his precious Kibum with those dirty hands. The second thing he was going to do when he woke up was viciously stab Jonghyun in the neck, right after he hugged both of his boys hard enough to break ribs.

After everyone in his room left, leaving Myungsoo alone for the night—save the occasional nurse—Myungsoo made a list of everything he was going to do when he could finally get up out of that damn hospital bed. He was going to first and foremost give Sungyeol and Kibum the most backbreaking bear hug they had ever gotten in their life. Second, he was going to, as he visualized many times the moment he saw that stupid dinodog flirting with his cub at the police station, murder Jonghyun in the coldest of blood. When the most important things were taken care of, he was going to smell the roses, go skydiving, ride an elephant, and drink some kopi luwak (even if it came from a horrid place).

Content with his plan, Myungsoo allowed his mind to slip off into dream land even though, quite honestly, he was sick of sleep. The more he slept, though—really slept—the faster he’d wake up to find he could move again. With that in mind, Myungsoo was able to drift off into a comparably more restful sleep than he had been getting in quite a while.

Myungsoo felt as if he had just fallen asleep when a warm hand jarred his mind back into action. The large hand his head gently, as if afraid of hurting him. Myungsoo would have snapped at Sungyeol for treating him like porcelain if he could.

“Hey there, Myungsoo,” Sungyeol said softly, exhaustion heavy in his voice. “How are doing today?”

Just ing swell. Absolutely dandy! Can’t you tell how chipper I am?

“Kibum’s birthday was yesterday. He stayed the night at Jonghyun’s, though, so I didn’t get to celebrate it with him. Not gonna lie, I actually got pretty lonely without him in the house.”

Kibum’s birthday? I missed my baby’s birthday!? How could I… wait, where the hell was he, you rat bastard? 

“I hope he comes home tonight. That place feels too empty with just me in it.”

Hope? He better be coming home right ing now! If you don’t call him this very second, I’m going to wake up and beat the out of you for letting my cub stay the night with that erted little dog-boy!”

“… It’s kind of funny. Your eye is twitching really bad right now. You almost look annoyed.”

That doesn’t even begin to cover it.

“I wonder if you can hear me. I guess you would twitch like that if you found out Kibum was at Jonghyun’s house all night. He’s probably fine, though. What could they possibly get up to that’s worse than Kibum climbing out of the window in his underwear?”

Drugs, robbery, , murder, jaywalking, , loitering, arson, , , !! I can keep on going, buddy.

“Well, I mean, they could have done the deed, I guess, but he kind of already lost his ity to that one guy he mentioned.”

Oh my God, I will not allow my baby to be with that lowlife thug any longer!

Myungsoo’s head was just short of steaming with all of the visuals he didn’t really want. Something feral was working its way up his throat and, coma or no coma, it was coming out.

“Give…me…your damn… phone,” Myungsoo wheezed out, practically shoving his coma aside.

Myungsoo was met with a brief silence before a chair screeched harshly against the floor, and Sungyeol’s large hands were grasping either side of his face.

“M-Myungsoo? Are you awake?”

Damn straight, he was. Had been for a while.

“Can’t let him… touch my cub!” Myungsoo snarled, cracking his eyes open the slightest amount.

“Oh my God. N-Nurse! Nurse he’s awake!” Sungyeol cried out, lifting Myungsoo’s head up a bit. 

The commotion that was caused was really unnecessary. Yes, he was awake, woo-ing-who. If a certain boyfriend didn’t fork over his phone, he’d be losing some very important parts.

“Sungyeol,” Myungsoo gasped, weakly grasping at the man with his numb hands. “Kibum. Have to call Kibum.”

“I’ll call him, you need to get checked out,” Sungyeol said just as a nurse pulled Myungsoo’s chin to the left to shine a light in his eyes. Hissing, Myungsoo swatted at the nurse the best he could with his ty vision.

“If you don’t give me a phone right now, tear this room apart! Give it to me!” Myungsoo shrieked, scaring everyone that had rushed into the room.

“O-Okay,” Sungyeol stuttered, fumbling to pull his phone out of his pocket. Myungsoo snatched it up quickly but shoved it back into Sungyeol’s hands two seconds later.

“Put in his number. I… I can’t read the keys, they’re too blurry.”

People were back in his face the moment he said that, trying to shine the light in his eyes again much to his chagrin.

“Here,” Sungyeol handed the phone back to Myungsoo. “It’s ringing.”

Swiping the phone back, Myungsoo waited through the ringing impatiently just to be sent to voicemail halfway through the second one.

“It went to voicemail, put the number in again!” Myungsoo waved the phone around in agitation, wondering what the hell was going on with his eyes.

“Calm down, sweetheart,” Sungyeol said gently, handing the phone back to Myungsoo a moment later.

Holding the phone to his ear rather shakily, Myungsoo held his breath as he waited for Kibum to pick up.

"Yoeboseyo, Sungyeol."

Myungsoo was so relieved Kibum picked up, he forgot he was supposed to be speaking.

“Hyung?”

Myungsoo could hear Kibum’s voice tremble, the quiver enough to remind Myungsoo to talk.

“K-Kibum?” Myungsoo choked, hardly believing after so long he could talk to his dongsaeng again. The line went silent though, only soft noises in the background indicating Kibum hadn’t hung up.

“Are you there, cub?”

A sob ripped through the speakers and Myungsoo’s heart in equal measure, tearing the organ right now the middle.

“M-Myungsoo!”


Lol, omg, remember me? Been a while. First it was school, and now I have a job. How gross is that? Anyway, short chapter is short, but what can you do? Thanks for reading, comment, subscribe, yada, yada, yada. Bye bye :).