Chapter Twenty-One

Comfort Zone

So, quite a few things happened after Myungsoo woke up. His hyung had to get glasses with a super duper uber-high prescription and Myungsoo was now adorning a pair of big square nerd spectacles with a pink scar running down his face and under his collar— an appearance Kibum was still getting used to. The doctor said it was unlikely the scar would ever fully fade, but Myungsoo brushed it off saying he looked hot with a scar anyway. 

When Myungsoo was released, he, Kibum, and Sungyeol had all went to the Kim’s residence for what was supposed to be a nice, uneventful dinner. However, at the mention of Kibum returning to their parent’s house, it had turned into a fest real quick. While his parents felt they still had some rights to him, Myungsoo was offended that they’d even dare suggest taking Kibum away from him after what they did. 

“He’s our son, Myungsoo, you can’t just take him away! We can do better this time, we—”

“Take him away? You gave him to me! I refuse to throw him away like you did!”

Yeah, that was something. Sungyeol had to pull a raging Myungsoo out of the house while Kibum shuffled past his parents without so much as a glance. He didn’t want to see the pain in their eyes as he left with Myungsoo, but he wasn’t going to come back just so they could hurt him again. It goes without saying that Myungsoo is currently ignoring their parents. 

Oh, while we’re on the subject of pissing off Myungsoo, it was truly a sight to see when Jonghyun come over about a week later to stay the night. Kibum didn’t think much of it when Myungsoo actually agreed to let him come over, but he obviously should have. 

“Ah, Jonghyun,” Myungsoo had grinned evilly. “Come sit here. I want to talk to you about a few things.”

Long story short, Myungsoo tried to kill Jonghyun. It’s all good, though! Kibum was able to pry Myungsoo’s fingers off of Jonghyun’s neck before any real damage could occur. No biggie. 

“You’re hyung is ing crazy!” Jonghyun screeched as he ran around the living room to get away from Myungsoo’s claws. 

“Nah, he just wants to show you how much he loves you.” Kibum said from his perch on the couch. “Just keep doing what you’re doing, he gets tired easily nowadays.”

Good times, good times. 

Things had calmed down eventually, and now Kibum was sitting contently under the willow tree at school he used to hide under. He hadn’t seen any of his friends that day, not even Jonghyun, but he figured it was all just as well. He liked being by himself sometimes. 

His stupid friends would never let him be alone for too long, it seemed, as he heard their hushed voices from outside the tree. 

“I don’t think I can go in there,” Taemin whispered frantically. “He’ll cut me with rusty scissors when he sees what I did.”

“Don’t be dramatic, Tae,” Minho scoffed. “He isn’t that insane.”

“Actually, he just might be,” Jonghyun cackled. “He was rather fond of your hair.”

Kibum was up on his feet the second he heard hair come out of his boyfriend’s mouth. He had been incredibly fond of Taemin’s hair, so what the hell was he talking about?

“What the did you—! Oh, okay, I envisioned a buzz cut, so this is actually much more pleasant,” Kibum sighed in relief when he shoved the branches aside to see Taemin’s head. 

Taemin had chopped a lot of his hair off and dyed it black. It was styled up in a swooshy fashion that made him look older. He looked good, actually. 

“You’re not mad?” Taemin squeaked from over Minho’s shoulder, eyeing Kibum skeptically.

“Nah, I don’t play with your hair that much anymore. Besides, you look kinda hot. Masculine, even” Kibum said cheekily. 

“Really? You hear that Minho? I’m ing masculine. It’s high time you let me top,” Taemin said pointedly to his ever bristling significant other. 

“Hey, now. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here,” Minho coughed nervously. “He said that with his stony face and monotonous voice. Unless it is said with some genuine emotion we should probably take it lightly.” 

“You , it’s my turn! You think I enjoy limping around every other day?” Taemin glared.

“You sure don’t during the procreation of that limp,” Minho shot back. 

“Ladies, ladies,” Jonghyun cut in, patting Minho and Taemin on the shoulder. “You’re both pretty. Taemin, darling, I’m sure there is a fiend waiting to burst forth from your chest as we speak, but maybe not in the form as a top. Sorry, bud.”

Taemin’s shoulders drooped with Minho’s triumphant hah! and, really, who could just stand by idly while an a poor little boy with big dreams was shot down so cruelly?

“Ah, I don’t know,” Kibum said with a shrug as he stared off somewhere beyond their shoulders. “Being ‘manly’ isn’t exactly a requirement for being on top, is it? I’m sure anyone with some luster and hormones can pull it off. Hell, I bet you I could do it, and I’m probably more on the lack-luster side.”

“Whoa, wait, what?” Jonghyun squeaked with ballooning eyes. 

“You know what? Screw you Minho. I’m supposed to marry Kibum anyway,” Taemin sniffed as he flounced over to Kibum to leach to his side. “You’d let me top, wouldn’t you?” Taemin smiled with his chin on Kibum’s shoulder and eye lashes fluttering. 

“I’d stop batting those lashes if you’d like to keep the masculine thing going,” Kibum snorted with an arched brow. “But, I suppose. You might have to fight off a pupp-a-saurus rex, though.”

Growling, Jonghyun pulled Kibum away from Taemin and into his arms. 

“Mine. Back off, heathen. Jesus Christ, you’d think you wouldn’t have to piss on your boyfriend to make his belonging to you obvious,” Jonghyun grumbled.

“If you so much as point your at me with a full bladder locked and loaded I will dump your .”

“Figure of speech, babe. Lighten up.”

“No, it is a threat to me hygiene and I’ll not have it.”

“Kibum, come on,” Jonghyun groaned.

Wiggling from Jonghyun’s grasp, Kibum slang his arm around Taemin’s waist and tugged him along with him. 

“Let’s go, Tae. I’m sure the drama department won’t mind setting up a chapel for us.”

“Sweet, I’ll go find a tux.” 

“Hey!” Jonghyun and Minho screeched simultaneously, scrambling after their AWOL boyfriends.

“…Seriously, sometimes it’s like I’m not even ing here,” Onew grumble, trailing after the idiots who may have completely failed to notice his presence at all what so freaking ever. 

 

“You were just kidding, right?” Jonghyun questioned when they were driving to Kibum’s house after school. 

“Huh?” Kibum mumbled, still furiously jumping and dashing his way through Robot Unicorn Attack  2. Dammit, he was so close to destroying twenty giants in one wish. Just one more and, whoo, level 42!

“About the… whole topping thing,” Jonghyun grumbled uncomfortably. 

“!” Kibum cussed when his perfectly crafted Egyptian unicorn plowed head first into the side of an icy cliff. “So close.”

“Are you even listening to me?” Jonghyun pouted, shoving Kibum’s shoulder a bit. “I’m trying to talk to you about something serious.”

“Jonghyun, nothing is more serious than level 42 right now,” Kibum glowered at his petulant boyfriend. “I don’t recall asking to top. I just said that I had the ability. We’ve had once. Minho and Taemin have once every two hours. I’m not surprised Taemin is starting to feel a little too raw down there. Minho should it up and humor him a little bit.”

“Yeah, but… are you going to ask to top me at some point?”

“Do you know how odd this conversation is?” Kibum scoffed. “Maybe I will one day! I don’t know.” 

“It’s an important conversation,” Jonghyun whined. “Can’t you answer straight?”

“Oh my God,” Kibum groaned, dragging a hand through his mocha colored locks. “Please just drop this. I promise I won’t even think about it for a month if you drop this right now and focus on driving.”

“That would be more appealing if we did the do more often,” Jonghyun frowned.

“Is that a hint?” Kibum side-eyed his puppy dangerously.

Swallowing thickly, Jonghyun shrugged.

“Not really… but I’d would like to do it again.”

Turning a little so he was facing Jonghyun in his seat, Kibum cocked an eyebrow. Jonghyun looked positively wrecked, his lips nervously and twitching some. Like he thought Kibum was gonna get mad or something. 

“You don’t have to look so frightened,” Kibum chuckled without humor, reaching over to play with the hair at Jonghyun’s nape. “You can just… ask or something when you want to do hanky panky. Really, you’re a teenager. I understand it even if I don’t… feel the need to do it that often.” 

So, Kibum was kind of vanilla and didn’t care for the downright nasty very often. So what? A bit of coaxing and some chocolate milk and he was yours to do as you pleased. For maybe thirty minutes, anyway. 

“Oh… then what about when we get to your house? Your hyungs are at work, right?”

“I mean, if you’re really itching for some life endangering . Everyone has their kink…even if yours is weird.”

Jonghyun looked absolutely elated and Kibum found he couldn’t really deny him. Needless to say, things got pretty hot and bothered as soon as they stepped past the threshold of Kibum’s apartment. It was all swell at first. Truly, it was. But, ya see, Jonghyun had luck. He really did. To prove Kibum’s point about the danger Jonghyun was subjecting gimself to, Myungsoo came home right in the damn middle of the… happenings going on in Kibum’s bedroom. Kibum moaned, a shriek followed, and, bless Jonghyun, he didn’t stop and that hadn’t been smart what so ever. The door was locked, anyway. It wasn’t like Myungsoo could get in. Unless Sungjong taught him the butter knife trick…

“Seriously, just barely recovered and you’re trying to induce a heart attack?” Myungsoo bellowed when they finally emerged from Kibum’s bedroom.

Maybe Kibum should have felt bad—or at least embarrassed—but Jonghyun was basically emitting sunshine from his very content body at the moment, so Kibum couldn’t find it in his heart to do so. Who could with such a cute little puppy snuggling into their side so happily (and so he wouldn’t get murdered) anyhow?


..​.Heyyyy...how's it going? Been like... months, huh? Well, I didn't forget. I'm just a senior with a ton of homework and an ever diminishing attention span. But, hey, I did something. It's short, it isn't really important, and it kind of lacks substence in my opinion, but sometimes you just have to feel through writing, and THIS IS HOW I FEEL! There's probably mistakes, but if Microsoft Word didn't care about them then neither do I :P