Chapter One

Comfort Zone

Edited 5/5/15 (editing... was... HELLLL!!!! And my computer shows the pictues at the bottom not popping up. Not even going to worry about it )


 Kim Kibum picked idly at his painted fingernails using the swirled pattern to distract himself from the prolonged glances of his fellow student body.  Be it curiosity or malice in their stares, he did not know; they looked the same to him.

Fidgeting in his hard desk chair, Kibum tried desperately to calm his nerves. His brain, being the inconsiderate little it was, was going haywire. Multiple irrational thoughts were clouding his better judgment. What does that look mean? What do those girls want? Does that boy want something from me? With a stare like that, he must want something!

It was ridiculous, truly, but Kibum couldn't control his hysterical mind. Since the tender age of fourteen, an early age for the effects of his sickness to surface, Kibum has suffered from two mental conditions known as paranoid personality disorder and schizoid personality disorder. In a nutshell, these two conditions turn him into a stoic antisocial mess. Let's not forget almost overbearingly paranoid.

Kibum dealt with his issues better than some, but it was still hard. How do you explain to a person you've never met why you think they're out to get you when by nature you assume they'll use the information against you? It's a burden most with his disorders decide they need to bear alone.

Therapy was on option. It always was, but things weren't that simple. When they say that PPD causes trust issues, they aren't ing kidding. It's damn near impossible to get someone like Kibum to actually attend a therapy session, much less cooperate in one.

It is reasonable to say Kibum is lucky. He attends therapy and the coping skills he has acquired have severed him well. That doesn't make him normal though. He'll never be normal. With no cure, and no hope for either of the two conditions eventually disapearing, Kibum is forever doomed to deal with his eccentric brain.

With a shuttering sigh, Kibum dared to look up from the polish of his index finger, now thoroughly chipped and in need of some major damage control. The clock on the wall read ten minutes to 7:25. Ten minutes until his first day of creating his own personal hell began. Fantastic.

From under his lashes, Kibum inspected the people around him. Most were dicking around with their new school supplies, throwing pens, pencils, and freshly made paper airplanes at each other. None were paying any particular attention to him. Well... all but one.

Over in the far corner of the room, a tall, handsome boy with shaggy, shoulder length hair the color of dark chocolate was inspecting him. His eyes were large like a frogs and they had been staring a Kibum long enough for him to decide they were dangerous. He's up to something. I can see it in his giant frog eyes.

Seemingly finding whatever he was looking for in Kibum's appearance, the frog boy whipped out his cell phone and began texting God knows who. Probably a hit team. No, no, no, no, no, don't look at him!

Effectively frightening himself, Kibum swiveled to face the front of the room.  With a small huff, Kibum reached for his messenger bag and pulled out his hard-back sketch book. He found drawing helped him focus less on others and calm his wild imagination.

Kibum believed his drawings were a perfect representation of his mind. They weren't some weird demonic scribbles, or chaotic scenes, but they were definitely disorderly. His lines were sketchy and unclean. There was nothing pristine about what he drew. It was choppy. It was messy. It was him.

His sketchbook was relatively new, only containing two drawings, and soon a third. Reaching for his pencil bag, Kibum pulled out one of his various shades of drawing pencils. Following a rough sketch of a buck and a wooden building, Kibum's pencil scratched across the page.

The lines varied from light hues of grey to deep dark shades. They intersected in a way similar to cross-hatching in some areas and curled around each other in others. In a few minutes Kibum created a simple fox sketch lacking most detail and void of color.  Kibum smiled at his little fox, not really understanding what in his pictures brought a rare smile to his face

"Ya know, that's pretty good. It's messy but I think it gives it a bit a character."

There were very few times Kibum almost let loose in his pants. The surprise voice nearly scared the piss out of him, though. His urine, thankfully, stayed in the safe protection of his bladder but Kibum couldn't stop the yelp that escaped his lips.

In his blissful distracted state, Kibum didn't notice the small group of boys who had congregated around his desk. Low and behold, and not to Kibum's surprise, the frog was one if them. ing knew he was calling a hit team.

Joining the frog prince were three attractive teens. The one to the left of le frog had slightly curled, short blond hair, small almond eyes, and a welcoming eye smile. The one to the right was a beautiful boy with chest length red-brown hair, soft, round cheeks, and alabaster skin. The one up front, and the boy who caused Kibum to nearly piss his pants, was sporting platinum blond hair, multiple piercings in both ears, Jurassic Park features, and puppy dog eyes. Oh my God, it's a dinodog. Puppysaurus. Pupzilla!

Not knowing their names, Kibum dubbed them as Frog, Rabbit, Kitten, and Puppysaurus. Yup, those were their new names.

Shifting uncomfortably in his seat, Kibum looked blankly at his drawing then back at Puppysaurus. Rapping his fingernails on the desk top, he assessed them carefully, alerts on high, before uttering a small, "Thank you".

With a wicked grin, Puppysaurus reached for Kibum's sketchbook. "Got anything else in there?"

Before Puppysaurus could lay a finger on Kibum's precious book, the cover was slammed closed and the object was clutched tightly to his chest. There was nothing in the sketchbook that could be used against him, but that didn't stop Kibum from believing someone might do it.

"Oh, you're a touchy little thing, aren't you? I was only going to peek!"

"Aw, Jonghyun, you scared him! He's known us for one minute, and you've already driven him away with your stupid dino face!"

"Hey my face is amazing, you're just jealous!"

"Of what, your ugly mug? As if!"

Kitten stuck his tongue out at Puppysaurus, or Jonghyun, before giving Kibum a sweet smile. "Sorry, Jonghyun's an who never asks before he takes peoples' . My name's Lee Taemin. Freshman. Nice to meet you."

Kibum cussed. All the time, in fact. The profanities coming from Taemin's mouth threw Kibum off, though. Those words should never come out of such a cute face.

Eyeing Taemin, Kibum shrank back in his seat, face still blank. Why did the frog call them here? What do they want with me?

An awkward silence ensued when Kibum didn't offer his name in return. 

Chuckling, Taemin said, "I guess you don't know this game. When I tell you my name, you're supposed to tell me yours. Wanna play?"

Kibum shook his head.

"See, he doesn't like you either."

"Shut the up, Jonghyun."

Kibum ignored their banter in favor of shying away from the hand now resting on his shoulder. Sadly, it's hard to back up in a desk. Gently grasping Kibum's shoulder, Rabbit crouched down so his chin rested on Kibum's desk. Rabbit spoke to him softly, as if dealing with a sensitive child.

"Ignore those es. My name is Lee Jinki, but I prefer Onew. I'm a senior. The tall monster over there is Choi Minho. Junior. Would you please tell me your name?"

With a small twitch and a lot a mental "you're okays",  Kibum managed to murmur, "Kim Kibum. Junior."

Onew gave him a large grin before turning to slap a still bickering Jonghyun and Taemin. "Yah! Shut up. He said his anme was Kim Kibum." 

"You'll talk to tofu boy but not me? Way to shoot me in my ego, man," Jonghyun pouted.

"It's because I'm gentle. You're a loud ."

"Told you you're were an ."

"Taemin, I will punch you. In the face. Hard."

Before Taemin could retort the five minute bell rang. Standing up, Onew brushed off his pant legs. "Guys, we better go. I'd rather save the tardies for the second day of school."

Popping his neck, Jonghyun gave Kibum a little smirk. "See ya later, Kibum." Ruffling Kibum's hair, Jonghyun trailed after Onew with Taemin in tow. He messed up my hair. That bastard of a dog messed up my hair.

Thoroughly annoyed, Kibum looked at Minho with a neutral expression. "Why did you call them here?"

"Jonghyun said we needed a new friend. You looked like a good candidate." Minho flashed Kibum a smile, but he didn't smile back. He just continued to stare.

"Welcome to the family Mr. Kim Kibum."

As Minho his heel to head back to his desk, Kibum shot daggers at his back. You froggy bastard. Why are you messing with my antisocial bubble?

 

 Kibum was playing hide-and-go-seek. He had an hour in between his fourth and fifth period that he could use for basically anything so long as he remained on school grounds. Today he chose to spend his time hiding from four lunatics that wanted him to hop on their band wagon. Not today, es.

Peeking out from the safety of his bush, Kibum scanned the war field. No enemy targets to the left. No enemy targets to the ri--oh, , they found my bush!

As if four hungry lions were nipping on his heels, Kibum hauled across the court yard. He could hear them shouting behind him but, um, hell no, there would be none of this stopping nonsense they were yelling about. 

Kibum swung around a corner, narrowly missing a group of freshman girls, and bulldozed towards the entrance to the main building. Kibum knew he shouldn't look. He knew it was stupid, but damn curiosity struck again. Tossing a look over his shoulder, Kibum's heart hit the pavement. Taemin, Jonghyun, and Onew were a safe ways behind him. Minho, however, was no more than four meters away and gaining. Dammit, they brought a tank!

Slamming through the door, Kibum took a hard left towards the science wing. One of the rooms was bound to have a closet. Closets were nice and big enough to hide a seventeen year old boy.

Kibum saw a classroom. He saw sanctuary! But, alas, his freedom was just not meant to be.

Before Kibum could reach his destination, strong arms wrapped around his midsection and lifted him off his feet. Noooo, it wasn't supposed to end this way

Kibum writhed around in who he presumed to be Minho's arms shouting, "Lemme go, lemme go, lemme go!"

Minho tightened his hold, grunting each time one of Kibum's feet made contact with his shins. Bruises could be seen in Minho's near future, that was for sure.

"Dude, calm the hell down! It's okay!"

"It is most certainly not! Put me down before I rip off your frog legs and fry them!"

While Kibum screamed in a shrill voice, Minho took in his face. It was the most emotion Minho had seen on Kibum since he met him. Too bad the expressions were of fear and rage.

By the time the rest of the boys caught up, it was to late for Minho's legs. They were sore and bruised, blue and yellow splotches appearing under his pants. Kibum seemed to have run out of steam, though. He hung limply in Minho's arms, completely still. Minho was positive Kibum was trying to play possum.

"You caught him, hyung," Taemin breathed heavily. "Way to go."

"Kibummie, how could you run from us?" Kibum couldn't see him from behind his bangs, but he knew Jonghyun was sulking. Well, pretending to. 

"Minho, put him down!"

Onew reached out and pulled Kibum away from Minho. Setting him up right on his feet, Onew smoothed his hair down and checked for any injuries.

"He didn't hurt you did he?"

"Me? Hurt him? You bastard, he pulverized my shin bones! I swear they're shattered!"

Snickering, Onew patted Kibum's cheek. "Good for you, Kibum-ah."

"Good For--?! Why, I outta--!"

During the duration of the entire conversation, Kibum was counting to ten in his head over and over again furiously. Calm down, Kibum. Just breathe and calm down. Think about all the stuff hyung is going to get you when you get home for having a ty day. Oh, that's better.

in a sharp breath, Kibum took a step away from the other boys. "L-Look, I don't have time to play with you all. I need to... go somewhere important. Like, to the bathroom to puke up my breakfast."

"Psh, you can do that later! Come have lunch with us!"

Jonghyun linked an arm with Kibum to ensure that he didn't go all hit and run on them again. Taemin secured his other side. Dear hyung, I am sad to tell you I was captured by the enemy. They had a tank, I never stand a chance. Get me a kitten and tell her I love her!

With a hard sigh, Kibum glared at them.

"What the hell do you want from me?"

They looked confused.

"Nothing in particular," Jonghyun said.

"I don't believe you." Key was all but hissing at this point.

"Well, you should. Now come one. It's time to introduce you to the aliens in the cafeteria. Seriously, the food is , don't eat it."

On that fine note, Kibum was dragged to the lunch room against his will. Hyung, you should have never let umma send me to school! Can you feel it, hyung? I'm murdering you. From a distance. MUDERING YOU! 


Okayyyyy, first chapter is done. Yayyyyyy. I'm sorry if it , bear with me. I'm trying XD. Sorry for any mistakes I made. This chapter is probably short. I'll try to make them longer, but I tend to completely change directions in the middle of writing stuff, so I wouldn't expect no 10000 word chapter. Well, that is if this is any good. If not there's not really point. Hmmm, downer thoughts....

 

Okay, just because I want to show you Kibum's drawings, here they are. Obviously he's not really the one who drew them; I did. Sorry if you don't like them. Well... not really, 'cause I like them, and that's all that matters! XD

The wooden building

The buck

The fox

 

Tell me what you guys think of it! Unless your going to say something mean, then try to make it sound nice... Next chapter will be posted indeffinately. Oh, ty to the four people who subscribed before I even got started. You guys are sweet XD