The Anguish

Just on Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Hyun Joong nearly ran from the parking lot to the elevator. He knew So Min was going to meet with Soo Bae and he was afraid of what would happen. As time passed by, his impatience was increasing. It also didn’t help that the elevator stopped on every floor that it landed on. Their offices were located on the 21st floor.

 

16th

 

17th

 

18th

 

19th

 

20th

 

 

Finally! But the elevator stopped again. Three people entered to join in.

‘Darn these people!’ he thought to himself.

 

21st

 

Then they all heard the famous ‘ding!’ of the elevator.

He made his way out, almost pushing the other people inside the small space that the elevator provided.

He checked his office first but there was no one in there. There’s only one place where she could be right now.

He walked slowly to the door where the well-known boss resides. He handled the door knob and tried to twist it. Good. It wasn’t locked. But from where he was standing, he could hear the voices inside. Yes, she was already there, talking with her so-called boyfriend.

 

“Did you come here to settle our unfinished business last night?” That was the first line he heard from Lee Soo Bae.

 

He had no idea how far the conversation was on already. But he still tried to listen to get some insights of what was going on.

 

“It was the only gift I was asking for!” he heard him again. But this time, he was shouting at her.

 

“We’re not yet married!”

 

There was it. The voice that he’s been wanting to hear. But one thing made him more curious. Why were they talking about getting married? Were they, in any sense, engaged?

 

‘Can’t be!’ a thought of his said.

 

He heard a chuckle inside and some words spoken, “Not yet married? You even thought I would marry you? ”

 

This was it. The moment he was dreading. The moment her heart would be smashed to pieces. His hand that was holding the door knob was already shaking. He just wanted to burst in and get her so that she wouldn’t hear the next words. But he absolutely doesn’t have the right to do so.

 

“So are you telling me we should stop this?” So Min asked. She was smart enough to figure out what was going to happen between them.

 

“Does that mean you’re not willing to offer that gift?” Soo Bae asked her back.

 

“And what made you think I would agree to that offering thing you’re saying?” her tone was showing that she was getting annoyed.

 

“Oh, come one, babe. It’s called love making. What’s the ruckus all about when we said we love each other?”

 

Obviously, Soo Bae was in for some teasing but not her. This was a serious subject. Sure, she loves him dearly. But not enough to let him get what he wants from her.

 

“Love making?” She chortled. “When I look at it, it’s clear that all you have in mind is lust. How dare you use the word love for your own greedy needs?”

 

Hyun Joong was also getting incensed. So that’s why they were talking about marriage. Unfinished business last night? So it means he tried to make a move on her. How dare he do that? Too much thought were running on his mind already.

 

“Babe, I do love you. That thing we almost did last night would be my proof for that.”

 

Hyun Joong heard footsteps approaching something although he couldn’t tell whose it was.

 

“NO!! Get away from me! Let me go!” he heard her scream.

 

“You’re being such a pain. Trust me, you will like this.”

 

“I SAID NO!”

 

Hyun Joong’s eyes grew wide as he pictured out what was happening by the sound of their voices. And that was the time his every privilege to go inside worked. He turned the door knob that he was holding for minutes now. Sweats were already forming on his palm.

And there, he saw the scene that would bring his madness to the core of his being.

Soo Bae was forcing So Min to lay on the table while she was pushing him with all her power.

Soo Bae got distracted by the sudden outburst of the door. And he swore, he wanted to kill himself for not locking it before satisfying his ‘desire’.

This gave So Min the chance to get away from him. She stood properly and fixed her dress which was almost up from the struggle she made just to escape from his touch.

Hyun Joong stood there totally unaware of what he must say. He couldn’t tell them that he has been listening to their discussion for a while now, could he?

 

“I’m sorry, sir. I heard high pitch voices coming from here. I thought there was an emergency,” he stated his excuse. He looked at her with his eyes telling her the message that he wanted to say – You should get out of here, now!

“Continue your business now,” he concluded before closing the door again.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter