The Exertion

Just on Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

first of all, I would like to congratulate a sister of mine, princemackaroo for officially surpassing all the hardships from hell.. wohoo!! should I dedicate this chapter to you? nah.. you'll be bored with us.. mehehe.. so where are you treating us? :P

 

and I can't believe I already have another update in a span of one week? gosh! I think I'm sick.. I should have a check-up soon..

 

 

errors? just let them be..

 

 

**************************************************

 

 

 

Chapter 26 - The Exertion

 

 

 

Gyo Min spent some minutes of his time on the rooftop. From there, he shed the sadness he was containing inside. He didn’t want So Min to witness that. She already has a lot on her plate and him adding to that would be his least priority.

 

 

 

 

 

Especially now with her condition.

 

 

 

 

 

He smiled meekly upon looking at the sky. “It’s not that bad, right dad? We can prevent it, can’t we? Please, answer me so I’d know what to do,” he muttered before falling to his knees.

 

 

He hated it. He loathed how vulnerable he felt. His sister. His one and only sister. The Heavens couldn’t possibly be serious!

 

 

Or maybe he was just overreacting. Maybe there was still a way just like how he told his father – it’s not that bad, right?

 

 

Maybe yes. Maybe not. What if it’s a yes and what if it’s not.

 

 

“It’s not,” he bravely told himself. “I should know. I have to know,” he strongly said before wiping his face and standing up to go back inside.

 

 

 

 

**************************************************

 

 

 

“I don’t understand what you were saying,” So Min interrupted the two man who just greeted each other.

 

 

“Good morning to you, too,” Soo Bae said as though he was mocking her. He was not, but for her, he was. With that tone of voice, he always sounds like he’s ready to insult someone.

 

 

She raised her brows, “I don’t think it’s appropriate for you to be here,” she told him.

 

 

It hurt his pride to be hearing that from her.

 

 

His ego. His coolness.

 

 

What hurt the most?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

His heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yet, he tried not to breakdown right then and there.

 

 

He looked at her. Gave her a stare that would scare her for sure.

 

 

‘I know something,’ he told her through the eyes.

 

 

She remained quiet, not knowing how to react. She wasn’t a fool not to be able to grip what he meant by her not being a good liar.

 

 

She averted her gaze to the love of her life. “Can you leave us for a while?”

 

 

The request made him crease his facial muscles. “What for?” he asked irritably. Was there anything they should talk about without him knowing? If it’s something serious, he probably should hear too, shouldn’t he? He’s going to marry her. Secrets should be out of the way.

 

 

“It’s just that we—are—we have—uh,” she stuttered. She didn’t know what to say to cover up with what’s on her mind. She isn’t a very good liar after all.

 

 

“We’re going to talk about us,” the other dude continued her fragmentary sentence.

 

 

“About YOU?” Hyun Joong clarified as he fisted his palms on his sides. He alternately stared at the two of them. By the looks of it, it seemed she was hiding something. No, she was definitely hiding something and he wanted to inquire about that. But he has to get rid of the annoying former boss first.

 

 

“Yes, about us. Didn’t she tell you? Oh, I feel bad,” Soo Bae lampooned again, paying attention to the grimace on Hyun Joong’s face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter