The Pain

Just on Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

 

 

 

Chapter 28 - The Pain

 

 

 

The wide door spit out the same nurse who came to them a while ago. This time, she was wearing a surgical gown and gloves, with a head cap and face mask on. Her gown was soiled with blood.

 

 

 

 

A lot of it.

 

 

 

 

 

“Blood—blood! She’s bleeding too much!” she yelled to them. “Can you, sir, please accompany one of our nurse assistants to the blood bank? They need your signature before giving the bags of blood. We already sent her blood type in the lab. Please do so RIGHT NOW. She’s losing a lot of blood so fast. This might cause serious damage and might even lead to dea—Oh, I’m sorry. Just please, do it.” She was on the verge of crying from worrying over a patient she doesn’t even know.

 

 

 

Gyo Min quickly ran to the nurses’ station to do what he was asked to do. The other males were left there staggered and unable to function properly.

 

 

 

 

 

Blood. She’s bleeding too much. She’s losing a lot of blood so fast.

 

 

 

 

 

And the operation still isn’t over yet?

 

 

 

Hyun Joong stumbled backwards to his seat. He rested his face on his palms as the silent screams and his cries came along.

 

 

 

Soo Bae stood still, not wanting to believe what was happening. He wasn’t crying because he was prepared enough? Surely, he wasn’t a very good liar too as he found himself pouring his tears out.

 

 

 

Hours passed by. Two? Four? Six? They’ve lost count already. Three meals a day have been forgotten. It was as though nothing else mattered but for her to stay alive.

 

 

 

Those lovely smiles. Those cheerful greetings. She has lost them all ever since she felt sorrow and now that she was beginning to come back to who she reallly was, she has to be in the operating table, having the choices of living or giving up.

 

 

********************************

 

 

Both men brusquely stood up upon the arrival of Gyo Min. He looked disdained as if he just received the most painful insult the people could give him.

 

 

 

“It’s over,” he insensibly stated.

 

 

 

“What do you mean it’s over?!” Hyun Joong panicked at the sound of his voice.

 

 

 

“The operation. It’s over.”

 

 

 

By the looks of it, Gyo Min seemed lost within his own feelings of sadness. What could that indicate?

 

 

 

“Whe—where is she” Soo Bae asked shakily.

 

 

 

“In a separate room. A—away from the others.”

 

 

 

“And?” it was Soo Bae again.

 

 

 

Both were hoping the worst didn’t come. The worst didn’t happen.

 

 

 

“Where’s that room?” Hyun Joong was ready to walk to wherever that is.

 

 

 

“On—on the 5th floor. There are separate recovery rooms there. 5—504. She was brought there after the operation.”

 

 

 

‘Recovery Room?’ Hyun Joong pondered. That must mean she’s still breathing, right? She wouldn’t be brought there if she wasn’t.

 

 

 

An enlightened feeling concealed him. Something called hope.

 

 

 

“I’ll go ahead,” he informed before Soo Bae could beat him to it. He knew visitors are only allowed to go one by one.

 

 

 

Gyo Min nodded slowly. “I just came from there,” he told him. “And it to look at her. It—it hurts so much,” he admitted whilst rubbing the external skin that was covering his heart. He looked up to prevent himself from breaking down at any moment. “This time, I must report to our parents.”

 

 

 

Hyun Joong agreed with his decision and dashed out from that area. That area which would turn into a hellish place if he stayed any longer. He couldn’t just sit there and continue waiting. It would kill him for sure.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter