The Second... and Third

Just on Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

and because the poll results showed a tie for the two main choices, i guess it left me no choice but to decide on it -_-

and because the two main choices seem so young, let's just keeep it that way.. you're free to imagine whoever you want to.. haha.. i'm one crazy creature..

and i know i said i will finish typing last night.. well, i did finish last night.. but too lazy to post

anyways, this is kinda long.. it reached 14 pages on MS word O_O

will make it shorter next time

just correct the errors silently as you read

~have fun~

 

--laZIE :)

**********************************************************

 

 

 

 

 

“Mr. Kim,” Soo Bae spoke to the other line calmly as he sank down on his swivel chair. “Please enter my office now,” he commanded.

 

He put down the office phone on his table and rubbed his temples. Today has been a very toxic day for all of them at work. Soo Bae tried to be as patient as possible. But he couldn’t stop himself from being cruel to his staffs. A lot of problems arose and he has been yelling, commanding and spinning their asses all around the building.

 

“What is it, sir?” Hyun Joong asked when he was inside. He just stood there with the door right behind him.

 

“Did you call the printing department?” the boss asked.

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

“What did they say?”

 

“The department head, Ms. Chun, said that the broken printers have been replenished an hour ago. Their printing process is going smoothly now,” Hyun Joong answered.

 

“Alright, that’s good news. It’s time to get ready.” He shifted his gaze to his secretary as he stood up from his seat. “Why aren’t you getting prepared yet? Didn’t you bring your formal wear?”

 

“I’m afraid I didn’t, sir.”

 

Soo Bae eyed him angrily. It made him wonder why Hyun Joong always gets on his nerves even with the simplest words he uses.

 

“Are you not planning on going with me? We have to be there!!”

 

“I’m planning to drop somewhere else before going to the venue, sir,” Hyun Joong explained. He didn’t have the slightest idea of why he should say more than what he had already spilled. But the grin on his boss’ lips made him think twice.

 

“I see,” Soo Bae retorted. “You’ve got yourself a date, huh?”

 

Hyun Joong didn’t answer because as what has been written, he doesn’t have to report thoroughly, or does he?

 

Another question was asked, “Is she invited?” And yet, that interrogative sentence didn’t get any response from the other man.

 

“Look, Mr. Kim,” his majesty stated. “I don’t really care who the lady is.”

 

‘Oh really?’ Hyun Joong thought.

 

Sure, Soo Bae doesn’t care. Why would he when he has already left that lady behind? But still, there’s a touch of nervousness and doubt inside Hyun Joong. Nervous of what Soo Bae might do once he sees her at the party. And doubt for how she would react. Will she ignore him like what she has been doing? Or will she change her mind and come bac—

He didn’t want to continue what was going on in his mind. Or maybe he just didn’t want to think about the possibility.

 

“Really, I don’t care who she is,” Soo Bae repeated which made Hyun Joong focus on his superior. “As long as you make sure that she’s invited. I don’t want to see my secretary dragging some random lady into that event. This is a business party we’re going. I hope I made myself clear.” Unlike the previous ones that slipped out from Soo Bae's tongue, this one didn’t have a question mark at the end.

 

It took precious two minutes of their lives and so, for those minutes not to be wasted, Hyun Joong answered politely, “Pardon me, sir. But I don’t think someone wouldn’t be invited to an event if she’s one of the organizers for it to happen.”

 

Although he did not mention names, Soo Bae would be a great idiot if he did not get who Hyun Joong was referring to.

 

“I believe my work time is done and I’ve got to go for us not to be late,” Hyun Joong told him and bowed. He headed to the door to gather his things in his own office before completely going out of the building.

 

Soo Bae sank down again on his chair and thought of the conversation he just had. He would be damned if he didn’t have any idea of who the lady was. But of course, being the smart- director, he perfectly knows it. He didn’t want to think about how his evening would turn out being on the same function room as hers.

 

The ringing of the telephone awoke him from his thoughts which rather seemed like a dreaded nightmare for him. He stared at it for a moment, thinking if there was someone calling when he supposes work was over.

 

‘Must be an emergency call. Aish!! Business will always be business,' his mind believed, before deciding to pick it up.

 

“Yes, hello?” he spoke, trying to hide the irritation.

 

“Good Lord, Lee Soo Bae!! Why are you still there in the office??!!!” his father shrilled on the other line. His voice was too loud that it looked like he was screaming at him face to face.

 

“I’m just about to get out,” he replied. Yes, he may be the tiger-like creature who’s ready to attack anyone he considers as a nuisance to him. But he’s the so famous good angel when it comes to his parents.

 

“You better get your out of there and show it to that important event!!” another loud shout came, wringing his eardrum.

 

“Okay, take it easy! I’ll be going now.” He put back the phone on his desk, almost slamming it.

 

Why do his parents, specifically his dad, have to be so much of being control freaks over him? Why couldn’t they just agree and let him do things on his own? Well, maybe it’s because parents know what’s best for their children. In his  case, luck must on his side for being the only child.

 

Soo Bae just let the thought off as he walked towards the couch where his suit was waiting.

 

 

**********************************************************

 

 

So Min made another turn in front of the mirror, feeling uncomfortable on her sky blue dress with little roses embroidered at the end which reached exactly above her knees.

 

“Relax, noona!! You look good already!!” Gyo Min hissed at her.

 

“But it’s not my appearance that I’m anxious about. Why do I have this feeling that something will happen tonight?”

 

The younger one rolled his eyes as he approached her to give her a hug from behind. Being a lot taller than his elder sister, he was able to settle his chin on her shoulder, with his arms draping her waist.

 

“Noona, something will happen tonight. You will go to the event that you and Hye Rim noona organized. That’s what's going to happen.”

 

So Min stared at their reflections on the mirror. Even with her heels on, she still has to look up to meet her brother’s eye level. It’s great what growth hormones can do during the early teen years.

 

She put a hand over Gyo Min’s that was on her stomach. “Thanks, li’l bro.”

 

He released her from the embrace and informed, “I can hear your lovie’s car downstairs.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter