The Change

Just on Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

okay! this wasn't supposed to be updated.. BU was the only one i was going to post.. but.. but.. but.. my sisters said something i didn't like :(

you know it, princemackaroo & gingersnapz03..

 

~Merry Christmas again!~

 

*********************************************************

 

 

The first month of So Min’s ‘moving on stage’ was quiet. She buried herself to her work and had some fun during the night. She went to different clubs and tried drinking although it wasn’t her forte to do so. She was trying all she can do just to forget about the pain. She even forgot about her family and friends who were there to support her. Her mom was number one on that list of people. She’s always out of her mind in the restaurant because of thinking of her daughter.

 

“Mom, you need to rest,” Gyo Min told her as he saw the paleness of his mother’s face.

 

“No, son. I’m fine, really. It’s just that--- that--- I’m wondering how your sister is.”

 

“Mom, noona can handle herself. She’s big, you know,” Gyo Min said although he was also worrying a lot for her.

 

An idea then emerged on his mind. “Mom, I’ll get my phone first.”

 

He rushed inside the locker room of their restaurant to search for the little widget in his bag.

 

“There you are!” he said aloud as he entered a familiar number and pressed the call button.

 

“HYUNG!” he shouted.

 

“Lower your voice, young mister. I don’t want to be deaf at such a young age,” the person said.

 

“Sorry, hyung! I just want to ask you something.”

 

Hyun Joong’s heartbeat became asymmetrical as Gyo Min stated his purpose. “It’s about her, isn’t it?” he beat Gyo Min from leaking the information out.

 

“Yes. You’re really fast when it comes to her, huh? So here’s the catch.”

 

Gyo Min took a deep and long breath first. Hyun Joong could feel the tension from the other line. “She’s kinda acting weird these days. I mean, she does go to work and stuff. But I think she changed some of her habits,” Gyo Min tried to speak carefully.

 

“Go on,” Hyun Joong ordered him.

 

“She, uh… She usually comes home late. When I try to talk to her, she either gives me austere answers or just look at me like I don’t exist.”

 

“This is why I’ve been meaning to call you. I just couldn’t because I’m still busy,” Hyun Joong replied.

 

“Where’s the idiotic ogre? I’m really ending up as a murderer because of him!”

 

“Calm yourself, kid. He left for a business trip. He’s out of the country now. In Germany, I think. That’s why I’ve been as busy as hell here. All the work was left to me,” the older one informed.

 

“Is that so? But please, hyung, keep an eye on her when you’re free. I want to do it personally but I can’t leave mom here in the resto and with my midterms coming up, there are a lot of things lined up for me as well. You’re the only one I could trust with this, hyung. I hope you understand,” he told him honestly.

 

He heard a soft laugh on the other line. “Sure, kid. I haven’t seen her for a month. She hasn’t called me either. I tried calling her but she’s a person unavailable and out of coverage area. In other words, she doesn’t keep her phone open. I don’t know what’s happening to her. I’ll try to look for her later, okay?”

 

“Really? Sounds nice, hyung! Thank you! Well, I’m going now. Mom must be tired to work and worry at the same time. Tell me the details when you find her.”

 

 

***********************************************

 

 

“Hey, beautiful,” a guy greeted.

 

“Hi,” she greeted back and smiled.

 

“Your smile lit up this whole dark place, do you know that?”

 

She smirked at him. “Nice try, mister. Just warning you, I’m not in for some serious agenda.”

 

He also smirked. “Sure, young lady. So what brought you here? Up for drinks?” he asked.

 

“Yeah and for some play too!” she exclaimed.

 

“So you’re now my girl?” the guy asked.

 

She laughed hilariously at him. “Sure! But hey, I don’t even know your name!”

 

“Oh, right! The name. Park Kyung Lee.”

 

“Jung So Min.”

 

Kyung Lee draped her shoulders with his arm. They began drinking their respective drinks as they laugh at nothing like sick people. Sick in the head.

 

This was what she has been doing. Playing with as many men as she could. She wouldn’t begin the flirting process. Instead, she’ll just flirt back when the guy approaches. After she’s done flirting, she would leave the victim puzzled of what she just did. She wouldn’t allow them to touch her. Just mere sweet nothings and when she feels that the guy is getting more excited to get her, she would leave him frustrated for not satisfying his needs.


That’s how she became. She wanted every man to feel the pain of not being able to fulfill their desires.

 

 

****************************************************

 

 

First month has passed with that routine. Unfortunately, Hyun Joong wasn’t able to look for her during those times as he was eaten completely by work. Work here and there. Stress every day. He didn’t have much time spent for rest and relaxation. Even his day offs were spent for some extended paper works. It was so hard working in a publishing company. Too many to accomplish. Too much effort to risk.

He admitted to himself, he misses her so much that he just wanted to incinerate the company building where he works. If that happens, he’s free to go after So Min and Soo Bae would be penniless for having his building turned to ashes.

 

When he was done reviewing another to-be-printed work of literature, he slumped on the sofa and picked up his phone.

‘Finally!’ he thought as he heard ringing on the other line. 'Please, pick up!’

 

“Hello?” and his wish was granted.

 

“YOU ANSWERED IT!” he shouted out of control.

 

“Duh! What do you expect? How could I not answer when my phone keeps on annoying me,” she retorted.

 

Hyun Joong shrieked on the couch. Did he dial the right number? Who was that girl talking to him rudely? Who stole her phone? But the voice, he couldn’t be mistaken with that voice.

 

“So Min?” he asked in a lower tone making sure that it was her.

 

“Yes?” she replied sarcastically.

 

He let out a sigh and sat up properly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter