The Answer

Just on Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It has been two weeks and work was killing Soo Bae and his new secretary. Good thing, Kim Hyun Joong was a fast learner and was smart enough to learn all the work that he has to do. Most of the paper works were done by him while the acting boss kept on signing papers. Books here and books there. There were just a lot of to-be-published books lined up for their company to accomplish. A lot of writers, whether of novels or of textbooks, of newspapers or of magazines, wanted the Lee BHYS to be their publisher.

They received a lot of letters of request from these writers. The whole building was in panic. But of course, the most pressured of them all was the great big boss, Lee Soo Bae. He liked the idea of running the company in the near future. But he didn’t expect to experience so much stress when he’s just on his special training. As a result, he always commands his hard-working secretary for every work that piles up in front of them.

Hyun Joong focused himself at work. He was doing it for his father who had sacrificed so much for his well being. He didn’t pay attention to the female staffs who kept on flirting around him. He would be lying if he says that he wasn’t attracted to any of them. Any guy would have the desire to be with anyone of them. Hell, there were so many of them. The only thing he has to do was choose. But no, he wasn’t going to surrender to the temptations. See how good he was? Or maybe he was gay? Yeah, and then it might be the end for me if I ever make that happen in here.

 

On their third week of stress. Soo Bae tried his best to be calm always. He didn’t want to scold any of his staffs because that’s what his parents taught him. But sometimes, he gets easily irritated and just wanted to beat some of them. His bad temper tells him to do it. But he still shows some patience.

At night when he comes home, he calls So Min to end his day right. But there were times when So Min was already sleeping when he calls. That made him furious as well. He’s the type of person who doesn’t like to wait. He could get what he wants by just a snap of a hand. But So Min was a huge exception to this.

 

 

**********************************************

 

 

Now, it’s the fourth week of stress. Soo Bae was getting more and more frustrated as the days passed by. He wasn’t able to see So Min for almost a month now. He couldn’t call her during the day because they have a lot of work in the office.

When he couldn’t hold on any longer, he dialed the number to the office next to his.

 

“Yes, sir?” Hyun Joong answered on the other line.

 

“Mr. Kim, can you please make a call for me? Here’s the number,” he gave him So Min’s number.

 

“Right away, sir.”

 

Hyun Joong put down the phone and picked it up again to dial the given number. After several rings, So Min still didn’t pick up. He dialed again several times and he got no response. He decided to put down the phone and use his cell phone instead. After several rings, So Min finally picked up.

 

“Hello?” So Min answered.

 

“Hi. This is Mr. Lee’s secretary. Pardon me if I used my personal phone. I couldn’t reach you using landline so I used this option instead,” he explained.

 

“All right. No problem. What’s the matter?” she asked on the other line.

 

“He told me to call you and ask if you could spare a little of your time and drop by his office?”

 

“Really? That sounds great. But I’m kind of busy as of the moment. Could you please tell him that, uhm, I can’t make it today? I’ll do it some other day, just not today.”

 

“Will do. Thank you, miss---“

 

“So Min. Jung So Min. Thanks as well mister---”

 

“Kim Hyun Joong. All right, I’ll tell him the message. Thanks again, Ms. So Min.”

 

“You’re welcome, Mr. Kim.”

 

Hyun Joong stood up after hanging up his phone. He knocked on his boss’ office.

 

“Mr. Lee, Ms. Jung told me that she couldn’t make it today. She’ll do it some other day, just not today.”

 

Soo Bae remained sitting with his one hand on his forehead. “Ok. You can leave now,” he replied with his eyes closed.

 

Hyun Joong could see the frustrated expression on Soo Bae’s face. He thought that maybe the girl was his girlfriend.

'He still managed to get himself a girlfriend despite his rough personality,' he thought before going back to his office and continued working.

 

 

**************************************************

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter