The Phone

Just on Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

so here's the REAL chap.. finally had the industriousness to type and post..

hope this won't reach it's 2nd year anniv w/o me finishing it 

ignore the errors like usual      

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

 

“I miss you,” So Min said. “I miss you so much and I don’t know what to do anymore.”

 

Tears started welling up in the brim of her eyes. But she didn’t want to see them because she’s getting tired of them. She stared at the photo on her phone for a couple of minutes before deciding to put it down on the bedside table.

 

Another day. Another normal day, if you can call being in pain normal.

 

“Noona looks like a newly awakened zombie!!” Gyo Min teased when his sister sat down on her chair in the dining room.

 

Mrs. Jung lifted her foot under the table to kick her son. She doesn’t like seeing her daughter in such a grievous state. But there was nothing she could do aside from cheering So Min up and encouraging her to move on. But it seems the affection has been too unfathomable that the profundity is the same with that of the wound it created.

 

Silence was all that was heard during breakfast. Mrs. Jung wanted to say something to ease the tension. But she’s afraid she’d say something that could trigger So Min’s bursting emotions.

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

 

“I miss you,” Hyun Joong said. “I miss you so much that all I want to do is to fly over there and shower you with all my love.”

 

It was 9 in the evening and he was already set up on bed, staring at a certain photo on his phone.

After that day in the hospital from the previous chapter, he meditated for 2 days, thinking about the weight of the situation. To leave or to stay. Happiness or pain. She or himself. Just 2 options and he could go on with his life.

 

His choice?

 

The latter one. He chose to go away, to find out what he really wants. To find himself.

 

Mr. Kim didn’t go with him because he wants to dedicate his life to the restaurant which helped them survive. That was where his world revolves and he believes Hyun Joong is matured enough to have his independence, to be able to find the purpose of his existence.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi dad!” Hyun Joong cheerfully greeted soon as Mr. Kim picked the phone up.

 

“Oh, hi! Ho—how are you?” the father stammered. He was in the restaurant with the WHOLE Jung family. Yes, So Min was also there, wiping the equipment nearby.

 

“Hold on,” Mr. Kim told him. So Min was the nearest person to him, so he informed her, “Little So Min, I’ll just answer my phone. I’ll be out for a bit.” He flashed her a smile.

 

She also smiled at him and resumed setting up the kitchen utensils. Her eyes followed his figure until he was out. Oh, how she wanted to ask if it was HIM who was on the phone. But it was obvious that Mr. Kim didn’t want to let her talk to him. No, it wasn’t Mr. Kim’s decision. It was Hyun Joong who told his dad not to tell her his whereabouts and it was slowly killing her, torturing her in a piercing way. If only she could grab Mr. Kim’s phone out of his hands, she would. But it would make things more complicated, wouldn’t it?

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

 

“Really? You accepted it?” Mr. Kim asked Hyun Joong when he told him about the job offer.

 

“Yes, dad,” the younger male replied. “I’ve been here for almost a month. Enough of the emotions and let’s get it on.”

 

“I’m very happy to hear that, son. Glad that you’re finally moving on.”

 

“Dad, how—how is—“ Hyun Joong asked but couldn’t complete the question.

 

Mr. Kim understood what he wanted to know. “How is she?” he completed for his son.

 

There was a long pause before Hyun Joong answered, “Never mind.” He just wanted to let it go and bid farewell to go to sleep.

 

“She’s here, actually. She’s helping us open the restaurant before going to her work place. Perhaps, you want to—“

 

“No, dad!” Hyun Joong protested. He knew what his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter