The Loud and Proud

Just on Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Quarter to six in the morning. That was the time when Hyun Joong’s dad arrived in the Jung’s residence.

 

“I am Kim Joong Hyun. I believe my son is here and I just dropped by to give him his clothes and personal stuffs,” he said to Mrs. Choi, the Jung’s long time helper that they already consider as family.

 

“Certainly, Mr. Kim. Gyo Min notified me about your arrival before he went to sleep.”

 

“Gyo Min? Jung Gyo Min?” Mr. Kim asked to clarify.

 

“Yes, Mr. Kim. Let’s go in.”

 

‘So I was right. It is really their address,’ Mr. Kim thought as he followed the woman inside.

 

“Your son is in So Min’s room, I think they’re still asleep. Mrs. Jung decided to take a break from the restaurant today. So maybe, she too, is still asleep,” Mrs. Choi explained.

 

“I know.”

 

“Excuse me, sir?”

 

“I mean, I know that the restaurant will be closed for today.”

 

Just when Mrs. Choi was about to ask him how he knew it, Mrs. Jung went out of her room. She was rubbing her eyes and yawning as she walked towards them.

 

“Ae Ri, who are you talking to so early in the morning?” Mrs. Jung asked.

 

When she finished rubbing her eyes and opened them completely, she blinked a few times as she looked at the person standing beside Mrs. Choi.

 

“I thought I told everybody that today’s work is off!” she blurted out.

 

“Yes. You did, Rae Min,” Mrs. Choi replied.

 

Mrs. Jung blinked again. “If I did, then why is the master chef here?!”

 

The confused Mrs. Choi looked at them alternately. “This is the Master chef Kim?” she asked.

 

“Yes!” Mrs. Jung yelled. “His skills are the reason why we’re still in the business!”

 

Mr. Kim seemed to be shy for his superior’s comment, “Ma’am, I appreciate your compliment. But I don’t think you’d be in the business if your skills aren’t exceptional yourself.”

 

“Aish! Enough of these, Joong Hyun!” she laughed. “What are you doing here anyway? You’re gonna make some delicious breakfast for us?” Mrs. Jung teased.

 

Mr. Kim also laughed. “I’m here to drop my son’s stuff, Madam. He asked me for it because your daughter requested him to stay. But it’ll be my most marvelous honor to make breakfast for your family. You’re no different from a family to me.”

 

“Same to you! Oh well, Kim Hyun Joong is your son? So that explains his looks! And the name, oh the name! You really are a lazy animal when it comes to names!”

 

He shrugged. “Good thing you and your husband didn’t listen to me when you asked me about your daughter’s name.”

 

“What kind of parents would name their children by interchanging their names?”

 

He shrugged again. “Well, I named my child Hyun Joong.”

 

They laughed at the same time.

 

“Crazy," Mrs. Jung mumbled. "Let’s get to the kitchen and prepare meals for those kids.”

 

“I’ll leave your son’s stuff in So Min’s room, Mr. Kim,” Mrs. Choi said.

 

“Okay, Ae Ri. Then you can rest for a bit,” Mrs. Jung told her as she and Mr. Kim made their way to the kitchen.

 

 

 

So Min and Hyun Joong were still sleeping comfortably in each other’s arms when Mrs. Choi went in. She adored the two people as to how they looked like as a real couple.

 

Meanwhile, their parents were busy preparing the usual meals they do in the restaurant. Good thing Mrs. Jung doesn’t let their fridge be empty. It was always complete with what she needs when cooking.

 

 

***********************************

 

 

Hyun Joong moved but his other arm was too weak. He opened his eyes and realized what caused it. There was actually someone making his arm a pillow. He didn’t mind it. In fact, he was extremely happy about it.

 

The thing about confessing was that he knew she wasn’t ready for it. He thought she was, but after witnessing what happened the previous night, he conceived vividly that she still wasn’t ready to have a new relationship. True enough, one month is not that long to heal a deeply wounded heart. It needs the help of the right medicine. And he was more than willing to be that medicine to cure it, no matter what the dosage is. Well, that’s fine as he was willing to wait for her. Even if he waits forever, he really didn’t care as long as she allows him to stay by her side like that. No boundaries, no limits, no extents.

 

He got away from his thoughts when she sat up and stared at him blankly.

 

“How are you?” he asked as he also sat up beside her.

 

“Better now,” she replied still without showing any expressions.

 

“That’s a relief.” He darted his gaze to the bedside table when his stuffs caught his attention. “Mind if I clean up first?” he asked.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter