The End

Just on Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

sooooooo... have you figured out the Confusion from the last chapter? hehehe

 

warning with the ERRORS as always...

 

 

****************************************

 

 

 

Chapter 30 - The End

 

 

7 months later from the previous chapter…

 

 

“Yes, hello?” So Min said soon as she picked her phone up.

 

 

“A little busy, aren’t we?”

 

 

So Min sighed and reclined on her office chair upon hearing that voice. The only voice that can inspire her.

 

 

 

The voice of her love.

 

 

 

“What’s new? It’s always been busy around here.”

 

 

“Is that your way of saying you miss me? If it is, well, I miss you, too.”

 

 

“Yeah. I’ve always been busy. But it’s different without you.”

 

 

Hyun Joong laughed from the other side of the world, imagining her signature pout emerging from her lips at that moment.

 

 

“Hey, you don’t have to worry. Two more months, okay? Two more months.”

 

 

So Min rolled her eyes and sighed again. “Yeah! Two freakin’ loooooong months!” she said sarcastically.

 

 

“I see. You miss me that much, eh?” he joked while chuckling and having fun teasing her.

 

 

“Shut up,” she mumbled.

 

 

“Okay! Chill, okay? It’s not like you won’t be able to see me anymore. Besides, I just had my vacation there two months ago.”

 

 

“But still!!!!” she whined. “You stayed for just three days!! Why did I even agree to this set up? Eight months? Darn it!”

 

 

Yes. The eight month-separation was pursued. But of course, it's completely different from how So Min's dream envisioned it to be.

 

 

“Easy now. You know I really had to accept this job offer since I’ve already signed the contract. Did you want me to be sued through breach of contract?”

 

 

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever, Mr. Righteous. Now, if you will excuse me. My clients are waiting up for me,” So Min responded. A tone of annoyance was evident in her statement.

 

 

Hyun Joong, on the other hand, felt nervous. These past weeks, she has been acting strange, having changes in affect every now and then.

 

 

‘Weird,’ he said in mind.

 

 

“Come on, we’ve endured it for the past six months. Why whine over the two months left?” he said calmly, avoiding any more arguments.

 

 

“Fine. Two months. Take care, bye.”

 

 

“Bye. I love—”

 

 

 

Toot! Toot! Toot!

 

 

 

He sighed when he heard the beeps, indicating that she immediately cut the line off without waiting for his response. He put his phone down his bed and followed suit as his body collided with the soft material.

 

 

“Two months?” he uttered wickedly. “Two months is what you think it is.” He then lied down properly and prepared himself to sleep. It’s almost midnight in the country where he was. “I’ll see you tomorrow, my precious wife.”

 

 

 

**********************************************

 

 

 

So Min woke up, still with her heavy lids trying to get her back to sleep.

 

 

“UGH!” she whimpered and forced herself to get up. She fixed her bed—I mean their bed and directed to the bathroom to take a bath.

 

 

‘Pancakes!’ she thought whilst rubbing her body with soap. It seemed she wanted to salivate by having freshly cooked pancakes in her imagination.

 

 

Rapidly, she finished bathing and fixed herself to have breakfast downstairs.

 

 

“Good morning, ma’am!” Si Yeon, the maid greeted her. She was in her late twenties.

 

 

“Told you no need to call me ma’am!!” So Min shouted while still running towards the kitchen. “What’s for breakfast?” she asked.

 

 

“Pancak—”

 

 

“WAAAH!! WHEEERRRRREEEEEE?!!”

 

 

Si Yeon was taken aback with the childish act her ma’am was showing. She always seems so weird. Acting strange. Saying outlandish things.

 

 

“Come on, eat with me. You’re not just a helper here. You’re a family. Besides, my husband isn’t here. Who else would accompany a lonely wife like me?”

 

 

‘Aww!’ Si Yeon thought.

 

 

She’s too cute to be repelled, so she took the seat in front of her and ate some of the pancakes that So Min was ravaging.

 

 

“Ma’am—I mean—So Min. Your friend said she would pick you up today.”

 

 

“Friend? Who among them?” she asked back as she chewed on her food.

 

 

“The one who goes with the name of Hye Rim.”

 

 

“Oh?” she looked at the calendar hanging beside the refrigerator. “But it’s my day off today!!”

 

 

“Who said I’ll pick you up for work?” Hye Rim, out of nowhere, questioned.

 

 

“YAH!!” So Min screamed. She held her chest and felt her heart pounding. “You almost gave me a heart attack!!”

 

 

“Tss! No more excuses. Have you taken a bath? Go dress up. Now! Now! We don’t have much time.” Hye Rim went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter