Back In Town

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

She sharply rises to sit up and punches her head lightly. What kind of dream is that seriously?

 

She looks around to see that she is alone. There is no Junhyung inside the room so he wasn’t there last night. All that happened in her mind is all just a dream. Nothing else.

 

She walks around the corner to retrieve her sweater and hastily puts it on. She makes her way outside and immediately smells coffee.

 

She figures out that he’s already awake. She makes it to the kitchen and sees him standing by the counter, looking out at the city.

 

As if she hears her or feels her, he turns around to her and his cheeks flushed at her presence.

 

“Good morning.” She doesn’t know why but this morning kind of feels like a little awkward? He retreats to his position with his back facing her.

 

“How’s sleep?” He asks, not even bothering to turn around and face her.

 

She couldn’t tell him that right? That he dreamt of then, that they kissed the other night. No, it couldn’t be. It’ll make things more awkward than what it is right now.

 

“It’s fine. I didn’t realize I fell asleep last night. Thanks for carrying me to my room.” She says as she makes herself her own cup of coffee.

 

He turns to look at her with a horrified expression on his face. “Did you remember anything last night? Like anything?”

 

She tilts her head back and forth, trying to remember a single thing she needs to remember.

 

Then...

 

“YAH!” She shouts and runs toward his directions which made him bolt to his feet. He makes it to the other side, completely away from here.

 

“I’m sorry, it was just. . .” He tries to explain but he doesn’t know how to. He shouldn’t ask in the first place.

 

“YOU!” She yells again with an ear-piercing voice. He bolts towards the other end of the counter, forbidding her from coming anyway nearer to her.

 

“Hyuna, listen to me first.” He pleads, trying to save his life. “I can really explain.”

 

“After you lock me out huh?” She throws at him. “How can you explain locking a girl out of her room with only her skimpy clothes and the night is so cold huh?”

 

He pauses right there, trying to process what she just said. “Wait what?”

 

“I’ll go kick you face. You very rude man!” She run to him and he didn’t even flinch. She gets to him easily and is ready to hit him when he turns in time when her face is about to go near his.

 

Her arm is hanging by the air, his face just a few inches around him. She blinks, feeling her cheeks heat.

 

This is how close I was to him last night in my dream. She thought to herself.

 

Junhyung frees his throat and takes his cup of coffee in hand. “I’ll be in the living room. Prepare your things for tomorrow’s flight.” He says and he disappears by the door.

 

Her arm falls loosely beside her when she realized how near she was to him. It isn’t like it is her first time to get close to him. Just that, it is her first time to dream of them kissing and seeing him close to her gives her goosebumps.

 

--

 

Junhyung turns on the TV and closes his eyes after the sound fills in the room. His heartbeat went faster the minute she blinks her lashes to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter