Beginning

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

She brushes her fingers through her dress, keeping in her mind that today will be her last day as a single woman. Tomorrow morning, she’ll wake up wearing a ring in her ring finger and with a man she even barely knew.

 

She touches her hair for the nth time and her mom notices. She walks to her and holds her hand in hers, calming her through her touches.

 

“I wish dad is here.” Hyuna calls, looking up to her mom through the mirror.

 

Her mom just smiles sadly, playing with her fingers that now wears her engagement ring. By the end of this day, she’ll have two in her one finger and she’ll lose her daughter to someone she haven’t even met.

 

“How was the boy dear?” She asks, barely even remembered to do so last night.

 

Hyuna scowls in the mirror which her mother notices through her reflection in the mirror.

 

“Why?” She asks with concern in her voice.

 

“Ugh, he’s not even the man I’m thinking of settling with.”

 

She remembers the moment they had two days ago in the café where they first meet.

 

“You haven’t even know my name. . “ He starts, getting her attention.

 

“What?” She asks, totally infuriated with his attitude.

 

“You can go.” He orders the man with the name of Hyunseung away. He sits himself on one and gestures her to sit on hers, not minding to pull it out for her.

 

“You barely even knew that man and you’re flirting with him already.” He comments.

 

She stares at him with fire in her eyes. “I barely even know you but I’m getting married to you.” She rears back while placing her arms across her chest.

 

“Is everything okay?” Her mom pulls her out of her reverie. She looks up and nods, easing her worries away.

 

“I’ll be okay mom.” She assures and tightly holds her hand.

 

__

 

“Are you sure about this?” Yoseob hangs around his bestfriend who fixes his bowtie.

 

Junhyung slightly nods his head and stays silent after. His reflection against the mirror a constant reminder of how stressful this day could be. He’ll be married in not more than an hour. He have to stay in a house with a woman he didn’t even have the same views in art and music.

 

“I like pop.” Hyuna says with unmindful boast. He looks perplexed at first but laughs a bit.

 

“Pop? You don’t like band songs like Maroon 5’s or electro tuned music like David Guetta’s?” He sips in his own cup of Jasmine tea. He waits, keeping an optimistic mind.

 

“No, I hate those. I only listen to Katy Perry and Rihanna.” She says without any concern to his reactions.

 

He sighs, remembering their conversation yesterday.

 

“Why?” Yoseob asks, standing beside him in front of the mirror.

 

“Nothing. I just don’t feel that good about this girl.”

 

--

 

She pulls down her wide brimmed hat, trying to keep h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter