Chapter 20

Nothing Will Stop Me From Loving you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung, come to the Seoul Hospital now, and please, tell the others." Baekhyun said as soon as his brother-in-law answered his call. Suho's eyes widened washing his sleepiness away, well, who wouldn't when someone call in 2 AM for emergency?

 

"I-Is it Marissa, again?" Suho's shaky voice asked.

 

"Yes hyung, please hurry up, the doctor said her condition are critical right now." When he got no response from Suho, he ended the call. Baekhyun fidget in his seat and close his eyes, praying for Marissa nonstop. After a couple of minutes waiting and worrying, the door of the emergency room finally opened and the doctor walked slowly towards Baekhyun who's having is eyes closed with his shaky hands on his mouth before putting his hand on his shoulder. Baekhyun open his eyes and diverted his eyes to the hands, following the owner of the hand to his face with his eyes pupils. He quickly stand up.

 

“How is she? How's my wife condition?" Baekhyun ask in the midst of crying.

 

“I've tried my best, she's in comatose right now."

 

“Is she going to be fine?" Baekhyun ask, hoping the doctor will nod and said everything's gonna be fine. But instead, the doctor forced a smile which is not too assuring before opening his mouth. 

 

“I can't promise anything, her body is so weak. This is 50-50 condition, if God wants to take her, nothing and no one can stop Him. I'm sorry." The doctor squeezed Baekhyun's shoulder. Baekhyun's face fell along with his heart. 

 

"Is there anything we can do for her to stay alive?" He murmured, not losing hope as he look at the doctor straight in the eyes.

 

"Fortunately, yes. She can if someone donate their heart to her. But the heart must match which is making it a bit difficult. For now, you may go visit her." The doctor squeezed his shoulder one last time before walking away.

 

"I will save you even if I need to sacrifice myself Marissa Byun." Baekhyun smiled sadly and let his tears fall freely before plopping himself back on the chair and palm his face.

 

"Baekhyun! How is she?" Marissa's parents walked in the emergency section in their pajamas with Mr. Kim supporting Mrs. Kim to walk because the woman doesn't have any energy left after crying her heart out in the car along the way from the house to the hospital.

 

"I'm sorry, she's in comatose right now. I'm sorry, omoni." With that, Mrs. Kim cry again, burying her face in her husband's chest. Mr. Kim's face hardened at the thought of his beautiful daughter lying on the hospital bed. 

 

"I'm going to visit Marissa." He bow to the eldest and make his way to the emergency room. There, he saw Marissa's body lying lifelessly on the hospital bed. He walked to Marissa and take Marissa's right hand before kissing it lovingly.

 

 

Hanna's phone rang in the middle of the night, disturbing her sleep. The little girl open her eyes groggily and rub her eyes before answering the call. 

 

"Who is this?" She asked with eyes closed.

 

"Hanna noona, it's me DaeJung." She can hear the sound of baby's crying in the background. She peeked at the clock on her bedside and closed her eyes again.

 

"Hm? Why are you calling me at 3 am? I'm sleepyyyy." She said and lie on the bed with her back flat on the bed, still with eyes closed.

 

"Julissa is crying and my parents aren't here. Can you please come here?" Hanna yawned and slowly went into sitting position. She scretched her short limbs and jumped on her feet.

 

"Okay dae, I'll just wake umma up." Hanna ended the call when DaeJung mumbled his thanks and opened her umma's bedroom door.  She stepped closer to the bed and put her hand on her mom's shoulder.

 

"Umma," She shook the older one's body slowly.

 

"Umma~" She called again and Heiryung's eyes opened groggily. 

 

"Hmm? What do you want?" She diverted her eyes to the alarm clock on the night stand.

 

"Appa and Mommy is not at home and DaeJung and DaeHyun said Julissa couldn't stop crying.. can we go to their house?"

 

Heiryung nodded sleepily and yawn. She open her eyes and look at her daughter's pajama.

 

"Change your clothes first. You don't want to go to their ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter