Seeing Double?

I Need You to Survive

Jessica ran into the gym hoping to find Taeyeon but as she opened the door, she saw the one person she hated, “Jesse?”

Looking at the boy who was holding the birdie in hand, “Where is Jiwoong?

“The coach told him that he needed to work on his conditioning before he’s put in as a singles and doubles player. I must say Jiwoong must be determined since he just ran out.”

Jessica didn’t give Nichkhun another glance as she ran out the door he pointed to. Thinking of where Taeyeon might have gone, Jessica thought maybe she was at the track. Running over to the track, Jessica let out a sigh of relief when she saw her girlfriend running around. Thinking that she shouldn’t distract her from training, Jessica took a seat on the bleachers to watch Taeyeon run around. However, since Jessica was the only person there, Taeyeon saw her girlfriend immediately and started waving like an idiot.

“Jesse!!!”

Jessica just smiled and waved back since she knew Taeyeon was already quickening her pace to come near her. With all the worry and concern that Nichkhun did something to her girlfriend, Jessica stood up and almost tackled her girlfriend throwing her off balance. “Sica?”

Jessica held the girl tight as she was happy nothing was wrong with her, “I love you.”

Taeyeon loved that her girlfriend was being super clingy, “Me too. Did you want ice cream that bad?”

Jessica shook her head, “No. I wanted to see you.”

Taeyeon laughed, “Sorry...I just wanted to get better. I should have texted you that I went to run.”

Jessica finally let go of the girl, “No...it’s okay. I know how much this all means to you but you just played a match. You might hurt yourself.”

Taeyeon nodded, “Yea...I will stop. Let me stretch and then we can go get that ice cream you promised me.”

Jessica couldn’t help smiling with Taeyeon grinning from ear to ear, “Okay.”

 

Near the school cafeteria there was a snack bar that offered several flavors of ice cream, “Aww this is amazing!”

Jessica giggled at her girlfriend hungrily eating her second scoop of ice cream, “It tastes normal to me.” Leaning over to Taeyeon’s ice cream, “Yours does too.”

“Hey! Eat your own!” Taeyeon started throwing a fit like a spoiled child.

“Ah you found him!”

The two girls looked up to see Taecyeon, “Yep. He was being stupid and running after that match.”

Taecyeon leaned back in his chair, “Jung is right. Take it easy. You won’t get endurance overnight.”

Taeyeon leaned forward, “Soccer players must have good endurance. What do you normally do?”

Jessica and Taecyeon looked at each other before laughing, “We always run.”

“Yep we never stop.”

Taeyeon looked down depressed, “Most my practice is skill...”

Jessica saw that Taeyeon wanted to get better, “Tae....Jiwoong maybe I can do some running with you. Before you have practice.”

Taeyeon liked the offer but that would mean Jessica would practice more, “I can’t have you do that when you have those long practices.”

“I can make it a warmup run or something.”

Taeyeon puffed her cheeks, “Are you saying that I am not good enough to make you struggle?”

Jessica laughed and ruffled Taeyeon’s hair, “Oh honey, I can tell you right now why you are on the bott…”

“Woah woah!” Taecyeon interjected, “Are you two going to say things that I don’t want in my head?”

Jessica flushed in embarrassment, “Anyway…did you want to take up my offer?”

Taeyeon rubbed her chin, “So if I get better I can be on top more?”

Taecyeon bolted up from the table, “Too much information! I am leaving!”

Jessica slapped Taeyeon for the vulgar comment but Taeyeon was already almost off her seat laughing.

------------------------------

The first day of the running experiment caused Taeyeon to sleep upon entering the classroom, “Is she okay?” Taecyeon whispered to Jessica.

Jessica shrugged, “We barely ran two laps and then you know I left for practice. I thought she would go back to the room and sleep or something.”

“Well I don’t think that is the case. She looks to be sleeping…”

Suddenly an eraser came and collided with Taecyeon’s head, “Mr. Ok are you listening?”

Taecyeon rubbed his head where the eraser collided, “Yes sir.”

“As I was saying class, since we are at the start of the year, physical examinations will be the day after tomorrow. For those that are in sports, you will have an additional fitness test to clear you for school competitions. That is it.”

Jessica looked over at Taecyeon with a white face, “Taecyeon you never told me about this!”

Taecyeon rubbed his chin to think, “Well it isn’t that bad. It is like a normal health check-up and then the fitness thing is like running and such.”

Jessica sighed, “Taecyeon are you saying there is a very slim chance that me and sleepyhead will get caught?”

“Oh no…high chance since the health checkup we need to take off our shirt.”

“Yah!” Jessica said with a harsh slap on Taecyeon’s shoulder.

“What was that for!”

“Why are you super relaxed about this?!”

“Oh calm down there Jung. We have 2 days to think about this problem.”

Jessica leaned back in her chair, “I wish I could just turn into a boy for the day.”

“That could work.”

“What are you some magical fairy?” Jessica laughed.

“Think about it, what if we found two girly looking guys to pose as you for the physical? Problem solved!”

“Taecyeon I thought you were stupid but not dumb. There is a high chance that the people looking at us would know us from school and how are we supposed to find these supposed look-a-likes when we only get time off campus during the weekends?”

“Alright class quiet down, we are going to start!” The teacher said as he walked in, “Also someone wakeup Kim.”

Jessica sighed and went to shake her girlfriend who managed to only stay away for a few minutes until she was back into dreamland.

------------------------------------

It was late at night when Jessica and Taeyeon heard a knock on their door. Since Jessica was “busy” reading a magazine on the bed, Taeyeon got up to get the door, “Taecyeon? Why are you here?”

Jessica put her magazine down so she could stand up, “Why are you dressed in black? If you wanted to rob us, you should wait until we are asleep and not knock on our door.”

Taecyeon had a funny grin on his face, “We are going to sneak out!”

“What?!” Taeyeon and Jessica said in unison.

“Well we have to find not one but two boys to pretend to be you for the physical exam in the morning and then you can hop in for the afternoon fitness test!”

Jessica rubbed her eyes, “you had a day to think about this and that is what you came up with?”

“Well did you and Taeyeon come up with anything better?”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon, “We were going to get ‘sick’ that day.”

Taecyeon shook his head, “No can do. Taeyeon needs to pass that fitness test so she can play in the tournament this weekend.”

“Can’t Taeyeon just get better for the fitness exam or take it the next day?”

“The make-up exam is in a week. So you can’t.”

Taeyeon sighed, “We can try Taecyeon’s stupid idea.”

Jessica was shocked to hear what her girlfriend was suggesting, “Seriously? We are on the verge of being kicked out and you want to risk it even more by getting caught sneaking out too? That will for sure get you suspended from the team.”

Taecyeon waved his hand, “Jessica you and I just go. They can only suspend you for a week and our tournament isn’t for 2 weeks. No problem if we get caught!”

Jessica looked back and forth from Taecyeon to Taeyeon, “Fine…let me get changed.”

Taeyeon was shocked to hear what Jessica was saying so her hand lunged out to catch the girl that was going to go to her wardrobe, “Sica this is dangerous!”

Jessica gave a week smile, “Does it seem like we have an alternative? We both have to pass that exam.”

Taeyeon reluctantly let go of Jessica’s arm, “Fine…”

Jessica smiled before going to find some darker clothes so she could change in the bathroom.

Taecyeon made himself at home in the room as he sat in the desk closest to the door, “Don’t worry Taeyeon. I can protect her.”

Taeyeon nodded, “I know. But she is also risking suspension. So are you!”

Taecyeon laughed, “I am the team captain of the soccer team. You underestimate my power with the school and coach. I told you that I would protect both of you while you are here and I intend to do just that.”

The door of the bathroom opened and Jessica immerged in a black long-sleeve and cargo pants, “Ok. Let’s go.”

Jessica was about to go out the door with Taecyeon but a small voice stopped her, “Sica…be careful.”

Jessica smiled as she leaned in to give Taeyeon a peck on the lips, “You don’t have to worry. I will be back tonight.”

 

Taecyeon waited for Jessica outside the door before smiling, “you ready for this?”

Jessica wasn’t so sure, “not like I have a choice.”

The two started walking down the empty hallway, “You know if we escape once, we could do it many times. Think of all the contraband we could get into this place!”
Jessica laughed, “you make it seem like we are in a prison.”

“What other school locks their students in like this?!”

“Many boarding schools do.”

Once the two reached the end of the hall, Taecyeon slid the window open and looked down, “just a small jump. I will go first.”

Jessica watched as Taecyeon jumped out the window and landed safely on the ground so she swung her leg over before pushing out the window. Once the two made it safely out of the dorm, they did a light jog until they saw the security guard near the gate of the school, “What now Taec?”

Taecyeon watched the guard for some time but the man didn’t move inside his little hut, “Is he sleeping?”

Jessica tried to look closer but couldn’t tell, “I don’t know.”

Taecyeon crouched down, “Wait here. I will get a closer look and wave you down if it is clear.”

Jessica watched as Taecyeon slowly approached the security station before peeking up into the box. Quickly the man turned and waved for Jessica to come over, “Well I feel safe with the stupid guard sleeping...”

Following the other boy, Jessica slipped out the gate and the two were faced with a city ahead of them, “I feel like the buildup to breaking out was more exhausting than actually breaking out.”

“I told you not to worry Jung.”

The two walked a while until they reached a main road with taxis and they hailed down a cab, “Where do you two want to go?”

Jessica knew nothing of the city since she didn’t have family here so Taecyeon said some random area of the city so the cab could get going, “Taec where are we going exactly?”

“To a place where we can get kids that need money.”

Jessica thought about it, “Isn’t it dangerous to pick up a stray?”

“Stop worrying Jung. Things will turn out okay.”

It wasn’t long until the cab driver stopped and the two got out. Taecyeon seemed to know where he was going so Jessica followed closely since the city was a bit frightening at night for a girl…although she did look like a guy at the moment.

Taecyeon walked for a while until a particular sign caught his attention and went to enter the building. Jessica looked up at the same sign but didn’t understand what kind of establishment this was, but she figured Taecyeon must know what he was doing. When Jessica entered she noticed that the lights were very dim in the place and there were cubicles filled with computers and many boys playing games and such. “What is this?”

“Computer café. Many boys who run away or are short on money can come here for cheap and use the internet. Perfect to find what we need!”

Jessica slapped Taecyeon’s arm, “Stop making it sound like we are in a grocery store shopping for the right merchandise.”

“But that is what we are doing,” Taecyeon whined.

Most of the boys were wearing caps so Jessica couldn’t make out the faces well but she continued to scan the room with Taecyeon to find a boy that might pass as her and another as Taeyeon, “Jung! I found your girlfriend!”

Jessica got excited for a moment when she heard that Taeyeon might be around but was disappointed to see that Taecyeon was referring to the boy in the corner with a blue hat, “really?”

“Come on. Don’t you think so?”

Jessica looked at the boy a bit longer before sighing, “I will admit that he looks a bit girly and his eyes are big, has a cute nose, and a defined jaw.”

“See! Now you look for your double ganger while I rope this boy into our little plan!”

Jessica continued to look around the place but none of the boys here looked quite like her so she settled for the one guy that might have a resemblance, “Yo kid, you want to make some money fast?”

The boy took off his headphones and looked up, “You have me listening.”

“I just need you to pose at me for a physical tomorrow and you get 50000 won.”

The boy’s eyes popped open, “Really? What is the catch?”

“You just have to not be caught posing as me is all. I will even give you a place to stay tonight with a real bed.”

The boy thought for a while, “How do I know you won’t like kill me or something.”

Jessica’s eyes narrowed, “Do I really look like I would kill you?”

“Well…you are in black?”

“Whatever. Do you want 50000 won or not?”

The kid smiled, “Fine. I am Dong-ho.”
Jessica smiled and held out her hand, “Jesse Jung. I am a second year at Shinhwa National High School.”

“Holy ! Now I know you must have cash to go there.”

“How old are you?”

“Second year…at Quin Middle School.”

Jessica smacked her head, “Great…I look like a kid 5 years my junior.”

“Jesse you ready to go?” Taecyeon approached with the kid that looks similar to Taeyeon.

“Yea. This is Dong-ho. He agreed.”

“Great! This kid is helping us too. We need to get back to school.”

 

The four boys reentered the school with no problems as the guard happened to be sleeping. Taecyeon decided it was best for the boys to stay in his room for the night since he didn’t trust the two boys in a room with actual girls.

“So  you actually found 2?”

Jessica snuggled closer to Taeyeon as she rested her head on her shoulder, “yea…it is kind of odd seeing us as boys like real boys.”

Taeyeon laughed, “Now you know what it is like when I look at my brother. He literally is the male version of me.”

“Strange how there are people in the world that could look so similar to us.”

Taeyeon tilted Jessica’s head up so she could give the girl a slow kiss, “No one will ever be as pretty as you.”

Jessica giggled, “Of course no one can be as cute as you, but if I was straight, your brother is single right?”

Taeyeon lightly hit her girlfriend’s arm, “Yah…are you saying I could easily be replaced if your preferences change?”

Jessica giggled, “maybe but to me you are irreplaceable.”

Taeyeon blushed at the slight compliment before giving Jessica once last kiss on the lips, “You should sleep. We have a tiring day tomorrow.”

Jessica nodded as she curled up against Taeyeon falling asleep in her arms.

------------------------

The next morning a heavy knocking came on the door causing Jessica to detangle herself from her lover, “ it is so early.”

Upon opening the door, Jessica was greeted by a panicked Taecyeon, “Jesse we have a huge problem.”

Jessica slightly greeted her doppelganger with a nod, “What is it?”

“Taeyeon’s double is gone and he stole some of my stuff.”

Jessica’s eyes immediately opened, “What?!”

Taeyeon hearing the commotion at the door also got up to greet Taecyeon but had to do a double take between Jessica and Dong-ho, “I think it is too early. I am seeing double.”

Jessica raked her hand through her hair, “Tae we have a problem. Your double is gone.” Just then Taeyeon’s heart dropped in panic. Was she really going to get kicked out of the school just like that?

 

 


Author's Note

Author is always sorry for dissapearing but I really was on vacation for a while this time. Anyway, please comment :)