005

Forever A Pluviophile

 

 

Let’s do this.

 

“Yoon Mi-Ah,” Yoon Mi looked up from looking at her fingers on her lap to Ji Eun.

“Help me. Help me to stop loving Lu Han and forget him. I don’t want to keep on being a burden for him. If by having me step out from his life will make him happy, I’ll do that,” every single word that she said felt as it was eating herself internally. It hurts, but if it is the best, why not I do it? Ji Eun looked down while fiddling her fingers on her lap. Yoon Mi closed her eyes momentarily as she took a deep breath and opened it up again to face Ji Eun.

“I will Ji Eun. I will if it will make you feel a bit at ease,” Yoon Mi patted Ji Eun’s shoulder, where the latter just nodded without even looking at her friend.

 

 

FEW DAYS LATER – AT A CAFÉ

 

“Onto the Earth Lu Han! Onto the Earth!” Chen snapped his fingers a few times in front of Lu Han, who’s being zooming out for quite a while, making the latter startled.

“What?” Lu Han asked in annoyance while frowning at Chen, who’s been sitting in front of him while beside him was Se Hun and Baek Hyun sitting beside Chen.

“Hello? You’ve been zooming out quite frequently these few days, you know? Did you get involved in any problems already? For God’s sake, it’s only been barely two weeks you are here,” Chen snapped back while rolling his eyes as he threw his body backward – leaning against the chair. It is not that he’s mad at Lu Han, it just annoyed him to have his best friend being like that after they haven’t meet for a long time. Lu Han released a sigh while stirring his apple juice using the straw.

“Chen’s right. What’s wrong with you?” Baek Hyun asked before he got a vanilla flavoured muffin into his mouth.

 

 

Should I tell them? Sigh.

 

 

“I accidentally met Ji Eun last week,”

 

Baek Hyun choked upon hearing that. He panicky gave a few hard knocks on his chest, trying to get the traces of muffin out of his trachea into his oesophagus again while his other hand swiftly grabbed a glass on the table before gulping the drink until only a quarter of it left. He finally relaxed down and let out low coughs as he leaned against his seat after he felt the muffin had finally travelled down his oesophagus.

 

“Yahh! That’s my juice!” Chen smacked Baek Hyun at the shoulder, making him received a glare from the latter.

“I was on the verge of dying just now, Chen. Duhh, be a bit considerate towards your friend,” Baek Hyun rolled his eyes before he kept his eyes focused on Lu Han again.

“Wait, did I hear it right? You met who? Ji Eun? HAN JI EUN?!” right then, Se Hun and Chen diverted their gazes at Lu Han too; waiting for the latter’s confirmation. Lu Han weakly nodded while he drew some random lines on the table, slightly zooming out before he took a sip of his juice and leaned against the chair back-rest again. Baek Hyun gulped his saliva hard before he turned his head to Chen, who’s been doing the same too.

 

“Did she saw you?” Baek Hyun carefully spatted those words out.

“She did,” he breathed out and leaned forwards before resting his head onto the table with his arms folded in between his head and the table – supporting his head.

“W-What did she said?” Se Hun, who’s been quiet just now, spoke out.

“She’s been missing me, looking for me everywhere and asked me to stay, not to leave her again,” Lu Han kept his head on the table as he talked.

“Then, what did you say?”

“I said I’m not Lu Han and she’d mistaken me for ‘Lu Han’,” finished talking, he rose up his head from the table and leaned against the chair again.

“And the reason you did that?” Chen asked while frowning,

“I don’t want her to look for me anymore, obviously. I’ve been away from her life for five years already,” Lu Han rolled his eyes in annoyance.

 

“Are you stupid?” Lu Han raised an eyebrow at Chen.

“That’s the only reason you did that to her? Yahh, obviously she still loves you deeply, Lu Han. And don’t tell me you don’t love her anymore because it is clearly stamped on your forehead that you still do. The prove is, you being all moody and quiet these few last days,”

 

I did not say I don’t love her anymore, stupid.

 

“You know well why I did that, Chen. I have no choice,” Lu Han gave a sharp glare at Chen.

“You do, Lu Han. You’re just a coward,” Chen stared back at Lu Han. Seeing the tension between those two, Baek Hyun tried to brush it off.

“Yahh yahh, stop it, guys. It brings no good if you guys are being lik--“

 

“Don’t regret it if she leaves you forever after this. I warned you, Lu Han,”

 

With that, Chen grabbed his drink on the table and finished it in one shot. Lu Han bit his tongue and looked down, not wanting the tension to keep on lingering around them.

 

 

CHEN’S POV

 

Sweet and Simple.

 

Yes, here I am, at Ji Eun’s workplace. I did not ask Lu Han about this place though, because I don’t think he would tell me. I asked Se Hun about it. It has been almost a week after the day Lu Han told us about his coincidental meeting with Ji Eun and I just find some time to finally come here. Should I get in? I come here obviously to talk about Lu Han, but isn’t it weird to directly talk to her about it after we haven’t met for five years? She is my friend too though; we were classmates back there in high school. But ever since high school ended, together with the thing about Lu Han broke up with Ji Eun, we lost contact. It’s not that I ask for it, it was Lu Han who made us promised him to never tell Ji Eun about his whereabouts, resulting in our relationship to break apart.

 

“Are you going to enter or not?”

 

Huh? Oh right, I’m standing at the entrance right now. Pabo Chen. I step three steps backward to give the woman who I think is in her mid-thirty some space to enter the café-bakery before I give an apologetic bow. Urghh, should I get in or not?

 

Okay, let’s do this Chen, for Lu Han, for Ji Eun. Act surprised, Chen.

 

So I push open the glass door wide enough to let me slide inside. I look each side of the café-bakery for Ji Eun. Drinks section, pass. Cashier, pass. Waitress, pass. Cakes section, p-- wait, there she is. Finally saw her; I make my way towards the cakes section. Don’t forget, act surprise Chen.

 

“Welcome s-- Chen?” she frowns as her eyes meet mine.

“Ji Eun?” I make sure my voice sounds surprised.

 

Not bad, Chen.

 

“Yahh, haven’t seen you for ages! What are you doing here?” still bubbly as always. Her eyes sparkle as she talked.

“Nahh, I just came back from somewhere and remembered had never even once enters here. So, I thought stopping by wouldn’t hurt,” I pocketed my hands.

“If I knew you were working here, I would have stopped by ever since before!” she chuckles upon hearing that.

“You’re exaggerating, Chen. So, what do you want to buy?”

“Hmm, let me think,” I lower my body a bit to look at the displayed cakes one by one, but I couldn’t choose any of it. Are you kidding me? All of it looks damn delicious!

“How about you choose one for me?” I straighten my body again and look at her.

“There’s too much choices!” she shakes her head sideways while smiling, of course amused by my comment. Well, since I’ve already come here, why not I grab a slice of cake, right?

 

“How about this one? Red velvet, they just made it a few hours ago,”

“Sounds inviting, let me have a slice,”

“Take away or what?”

“When will your shift ends? If your shift will end soon, I’ll just have it right away. Since I’ve meet you already, why not we make some catch up?” please let it be soon, I come from afar for this, Ji Eun.

“In another…. 20 minutes,” she takes a look at her watch as she talks and look up again at me. Good timing, Chen.

“Really? Great then, I’ll just wait for you somewhere in the café area while eating the cake,” she took a slice of red velvet and places it on a small plate before she passes the cake to me.

“Okay, enjoy your cake,” I nod and make my way towards the drink section and ordered a Frappuccino before I walk to the café area and find an unoccupied table. I could see Ji Eun from my seat. Is it true Lu Han met her already? How could she be smiling? I don’t think this is a good thing.

 

I really don’t understand what is on Lu Han’s mind right now. I’m pretty sure he returned to Korea because of Ji Eun, but what? He said he’s not Lu Han when he met her? What the hell, Lu Han. I take a bite of the cake as I look at Ji Eun, where she smiles at me. God, this is awesome. Damn delicious cake they sure had baked. A waitress comes with my Frappuccino and I mumbled a thanks.

 

Sigh. What are you doing, Lu Han. This is the most stupid thing you had ever done other than the one where you first dumped Ji Eun years ago. You left her for a stupid reason, and it was just because you’ll be leaving Korea for United Kingdom? That’s stupid Lu Han. And now, you are doing the same thing too, but for a different reason, where it is still a stupid one.

“Did you wait long?”  huh? Ji Eun sits down across me after she placed a cup of-- well, white coffee maybe, on the table. I give a light smile as I shake my head sideways.

“Not really. Yahh, this cake is awesome! Wahh, I really should have come here earlier. I haven’t eaten such delicious cake for quite some time already,” I’m sure I talked with much excitement. Who cares? It’s true though.

“I’m glad you like it. So, how are you? You look much more handsome, you know? Guess time really does make someone looks more awesome,” I grin at the compliment while she takes a sip of her drink.

“Well, still living healthily. And yes of course I know I’m much more handsome than before. You don’t know how much girls are going crazy because of me,” she rolls her eyes and I grin again.

“But you’re much prettier too. If it wasn’t you who recognized me first, I don’t think I would recognized you,”

“Tsk. I’m not; I’m still the same Ji Eun and I don’t think I become much prettier too,” I roll my eyes at her. Still down to Earth.

“Whatever you say, Han Ji Eun,” she emits a small laugh.

 

Okay, let’s get serious.

 

I fixed my voice where she raises an eye brow.

“So…. Anyway, did you by any chance meet Lu Han? He just got back here about three weeks ago,”