004

Forever A Pluviophile

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you to Falling Snow Graphic Shop for the awesome poster!

 


 

LU HAN’S POV

I bite my lower lip, seeing her walks away from me. My heart throbs in pain, seeing her cried just now because of me, again. I miss you too, Ji Eun-ah. I miss you a lot, but I’m sorry. Seeing her walks away lifelessly like that makes me feel the urge to hug her tightly and to never let her go away. I crumple my palms into fists before I walk away and take a last look at her.  I’m sorry, Ji Eun-ah.

END OF POV

 

Just as Ji Eun entered the café, Min Ah rushed towards her and dragged her towards the rest area.

 

“Ji Eun-ah, are you okay? Who’s that guy?” Ji Eun immediately flashed a smile as she shook her head gently.

“I’m okay. I just mistaken him for someone that I knew before,” but then, Min Ah cupped Ji Eun’s face while frowning.

 

“Did you cry?” she asked softly.

“I’m okay; it’s just a small matter. Sorry for making you worry over me,” Ji Eun brought down Min Ah’s hands from her face and put it down onto her lap as she gave a small smile.

“You know you can always count on me right?” Min Ah hugged Ji Eun as she said that. Ji Eun was quite shocked at the sudden hug, but replied it by hugging Min Ah too, a few seconds later.

“I know, I know. And I’m thankful for that. Don’t worry, I’m okay,” Min Ah smiled and nodded in Ji Eun’s embrace. Both of them then got up and head outside again to do their works. Luckily there was still not many customers came in as it was still office hour that time.

 

 

I’ll move on, Lu Han. If that is what you want, I’ll move on.

 

Ji Eun’s shift for that day ended 7 pm. So right after her work ended, she took a bus and went home. The sounds of clouds rumbling followed by the sounds of thunders crashing could be heard during the ride. Just as Ji Eun got down, the raindrops start to drip down from the sky onto the Earth, making Ji Eun partially wet from it. She opened up her right palm, waiting for the raindrops to fall on it before she looked up at the sky while closing her eyes, making the raindrops to fall onto her face too.

 

It’s raining. She didn’t bulge even for an inch even though the rain starts to pour down heavily.

 

 

Thank you for coming to me when I do need some peace.

 

Instead of rushing for a shelter to avoid the heavy rain, she walked in a leisure pace, strolling down the lane as she walked home, enjoying the rain that pours down onto the Earth.

 

 

JI EUN’S POV

Some called me a pluviophile, because I love rain and I find it calming and joyful. It’s true though, I really found it calming and it does help me to find a peace of mind. The sight of raindrops falling down onto the Earth is enough to make me smile even though the day has been disastrous for me.

 

Sigh.

 

It was raining too, the day Lu Han and I broke up. It is as if the rain understands that I need some support at that time, to keep me from falling down and do something that is out of my normal doings. It keeps me sane at the time I’m facing a heart breaking period. The sight of Lu Han walked away from me at that time without even a glance back hurts me a lot that I would rather die. But then, the rain came, wrapping around me, warming my heart just like how it always does and supports me to keep on going.

 

I still don’t understand why you broke up with me 5 years ago, Lu Han. It was so sudden and the next thing that I know, you were gone. You went away from me and I couldn’t find you, no matter how hard I tried. I thought my love for you had already drown away, but seeing you today, it is actually still there, deep there in my heart.

 

But why are you avoiding me? What was it that I did wrong to you?

 

It is still raining, but I decide to sit on a drenched bench at the sidewalk, which is near the park of my neighbourhood to ease down my own feelings. Not caring even when the rain keeps on pouring down onto me.

 

This is calming and I hope it will last for a little longer. Just a bit longer, I need to fix and calm down my feeling.

 

END OF POV

 

 

The rain lasted for almost an hour and Ji Eun stayed there on the bench, until it stopped before she finally got onto her feet again and headed home. Rain-bathing. Of course, she would catch a fever after that. The aftermath is inevitable, especially for a girl with low antibodies like her. She had no choice but to stay home and skipped classes and her work for the next day.  She informed Yoon Mi and her employer, to not let them wonder about her whereabouts. She could even barely get up from her bed to take a bath and to go to the kitchen, looking for food to fill up her empty stomach before taking a paracetamol.

 

 

Urgh, why do I have to have low antibodies when I’m a hard-core lover of rain? I hate this weak body of mine.

 

Finally got her medicine, she lied down on the sofa at the living room, as she had no energy left to walk back into her room and slept there.

 

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

“Ji Eun-ah! Ji Eun-ah! Open the door!” Yoon Mi constantly knocked the door while calling out for Ji Eun. Yoon Mi has the duplicate key, but unfortunately, she forgot to bring it together with her that day, leaving her no choice but to knock the door. After a few minutes, Ji Eun stirred from her sleep and got up from the lying position – finally figuring out someone is outside her house. Must be Yoon Mi. By holding her forehead with her right hand to support it, she got up from the sofa while hissing as the dizziness her. She slowly swayed towards the main door and used her left hand to hold on things along the way – to keep her body from falling onto the ground and opened up the door.

 

 

“Y-Yah Ji Eun-ah, gwenchanha?”

Yoon Mi could not hide the worried look on her face after she saw the pale face and fragile body in front of her. Quickly supporting Ji Eun by wrapping her left arm around Ji Eun’s waist, she went inside Ji Eun's house and make sure to close the door right after that. Slowly sitting together on the sofa at the living room, Yoon Mi then released her arm that was wrapping around Ji Eun’s waist before placing it onto Ji Eun’s forehead – checking the body temperature. Ji Eun laid her back onto the sofa back-rest and threw her head backward, resting it while closing her eyes.

“Ji Eun-ah, are you okay? Did you take your medicine this morning?” Ji Eun nodded weakly with eyes still closed.

 

“Yahh~ did you rain-bathing again yesterday? You know you’ll easily catch fever if you do so, right? You promised me you won’t do that again, don’t you?” she was worried about Ji Eun’s condition but she could not help but to whine about that. Ji Eun opened her eyes and locked eyes with the frowning Yoon Mi.

“Sorry, I know I promised you, but I really need to do that yesterday. I need something to calm me down, and rain was the only thing around me at that time. Sorry, I won’t do that again, hmm?” Ji Eun said weakly as she still doesn’t have much energy to talk. Yoon Mi’s expression softens after she heard that.

“Okay then, Ji Eun. I don’t know what’s wrong yesterday and I’m not going to ask you. Not now, not until you recover. At that time, tell me about it, okay?” Ji Eun just nodded weakly. Yoon Mi then helped Ji Eun to get up from the sofa and told her to take a bath, so that her body heat would be lessen a bit and her body temperature would go down a bit more. At the meantime, she went to the kitchen to cook chicken porridge for Ji Eun. After making sure that Ji Eun had eaten and took her medicine, Yoon Mi went to her house to get some of her things and clothes as she wants to sleep over at Ji Eun’s house to look after her.

Ji Eun got medical leaves for three days and thankfully, she recovered on the third day. Those three days, Yoon Mi stayed at Ji Eun’s house, because Ji Eun lives alone and being a friend that had known Ji Eun for more than 10 years, she feels the urge to take care of her best friend.

 

 

“Ji Eun-ah,” Ji Eun diverted her attention on the drama that’s playing through the television to Yoon Mi, who just sat down beside her. That day was Saturday and both them don’t have classes during weekends. Ji Eun raised one of her eye brows at her best friend.

“Remember that you promised to tell me what happened on the day it was raining?” Yoon Mi crossed her legs on the couch while hugging a pillow and faced Ji Eun. Ji Eun released a sigh before she gulped down the juice that was left half-full on the table in one shot and placed the glass to where it belonged before.

 

“I met Lu Han,” Ji Eun took a glance at Yoon Mi who’s been frozen because of the three words.

“I met him at my workplace. You know how long I’ve been looking for him, right?” she stopped for a while to see Yoon Mi slowly nodded before continuing.

“I ran after him, back-hugged him and told him to stay. But you know what he said?” Ji Eun released an almost forced chuckle.

 

“He said he’s not Lu Han and he doesn’t know me. He even said I’ve mistaken him for the said named guy. Funny isn’t it? Funny on how much he doesn’t want to meet me and on how much he doesn’t want me to have anything to do with his life anymore, that he--” she bit her lower lip after that. She can’t continue to talk as she felt her heart throbbed in pain because of it. Pain because Lu Han – the guy that she loves the most said that to her, pain of having to let Lu Han away from her again. Yoon Mi instantly hugged Ji Eun, seeing the teary eyes of her best friend.

 

“I miss him, Yoon Mi-ah. I miss him,” it hurts her to say that three words that she had to close her eyes tightly as the warm tears flowed down her cheeks while biting her lower lip. 

“Why is he doing this to me? Why?” Ji Eun mumbled while crying. Yoon Mi tapped Ji Eun’s back softly, knowing how much it hurts Ji Eun to hear that from the mouth of the person that she loves the most.

“I’m sorry for not being there for you at that time, Ji Eun-ah. I’m sorry,” Yoon Mi hugged Ji Eun tighter. Lu Han, how could you do this to Ji Eun? She loves you so much. Yoon Mi felt Ji Eun shook in her embrace seconds later.

“It’s okay, Yoon Mi-ah. You being here for me and to listen to it is enough for me,” she then broke the hug and wiped off the tears with the back of her palms. They stayed silent for a moment, because Ji Eun dazed off for a while.

 

Let’s do this.

 


 

Oh right, gladly the talk went well. Maybe it is because the talk was held informally and the fact that I'm sharing things with my hoobaes made it better ^^