019

Forever A Pluviophile

 

A WEEK AGO (BEFORE THE TRIP TO JEJU)

 

“Se Hun-ah,” it was night and they were both in Se Hun’s bedroom. Lu Han was resting his back on the bed post while Se Hun was watching an anime. He clicked the ‘pause’ button and swivelled the chair to face Lu Han.

“What?”

“Uhm, last few days, I called Jia Ying and--,” he stopped to take a deep breath and gulped his saliva hard, making Se Hun frowned at him. Something doesn’t sound right. “So, I-I told her that I want to stop all these things that we are doing to get us closer and I told her that I-- I won’t marry her,”

“WHAT?! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!” Se Hun jolted up from the chair and looked at Lu Han with furious eyes. Of course he would, Lu Han suddenly said something ridiculous and it irked him. Lu Han knew something like that would happen if he told the thing about Jia Ying, but he wants Se Hun to know what he’s doing.

 

“I’m sorry; I know you’re going to be mad. But I can’t fake it anymore; I don’t love Jia Ying and can never do so. The one that I love is Ji Eun and I won’t stop loving her, I can’t,”

“What are you trying to say?” Se Hun frowned at Lu Han.

 

 

“I’m going to find Ji Eun and start over with her,”

 

 

Se Hun fall back onto his seat and let out a defeated sigh. He scoffed and gave Lu Han an unreadable look, cannot believe what he had just heard from the elder guy. He still can’t understand Lu Han and his doings, even though they are very close to each other.

“How? How would you find her again? And how will you make her fall for you again? I thought you said that you’ve seen her with a guy before. Do you think it will be easy? Not in a million years, Hyung,” Se Hun glared at Lu Han and his voice was a bit tensed as he said that.

“I will find her, Se Hun. This time, I won’t be as stupid as before again. And I know it won’t be easy, but I’ll try. If she still won’t accept me after all that I could do, then only I will step back from her life. But that doesn’t mean I will stop loving her, no, never. I--“

 

“THEN WHY DID YOU EVEN BRUSH HER OFF WHEN SHE STILL HANGS ONTO YOU AT THAT TIME, IF YOU REALLY LOVE HER?”

 

Lu Han got shut from Se Hun’s words. “When you still actually can make things between both of you to how it was before, why did you do that? Do this explains how confident are you back there that you won’t fall for Ji Eun Noona again? Is this the proof that you say you’re trying hard to get Noona out of your mind?” Se Hun glared at Lu Han for the nth time, still feels that that decision of him is ridiculous.

 

“I know I’m at fault, okay?!” he crumpled his palms into fists, releasing his anger and frustration through that action. “But I won’t do that again. I really wish that I never push her away that day. You don’t know how much it hurts me to see her walk away that day, and you don’t know how I was when I said those words to her. It feels like I’m stabbing my own self repeatedly, you know that?!” tears were threatening to fall as he said that, making him to gulped his saliva hard to stop them from falling down. He broke the eyes contact and took a deep breath, feeling suffocated as if he was drowned.

 

“I thought you would at least support me if I say I’m going to look for Ji Eun again even though you’re mad. But I guess; you’re not?” Lu Han’s voice got softer; he doesn’t want their relationship to get distant because of what he had just decided. Se Hun took a deep breath.

“Hyung, it’s not like that. But what you said is just too ridiculous! I would love it if both you could become together again and if that will make both of you happy. But I’m afraid that she won’t accept you anymore. You’ve dumped her twice, Hyung,” Lu Han closed his eyes and slowly massaged the sides of his head.

 

“But if you really won’t regret what you decided just now and won’t make the same stupid mistake again, you have my support, Hyung,” Lu Han opened his eyes and locked his gaze with Se Hun’s. “Just don’t give up easily,” finally, Lu Han gave Se Hun a small smile.

“Thank you Se Hun, I really appreciate that and I promise I won’t,” even though he said he’ll support Lu Han, deep inside, he did not. Try imagining being in Ji Eun’s place, would a normal person easily forgive and accept the one who hurts them repeatedly? No. He knows that both Ji Eun and Lu Han would be hurt because of Lu Han’s decision.

 

I wonder how Jia Ying is doing now. Is she okay with what Lu Han Hyung had done?

 

“Hyung, did the guys know about this yet?” Lu Han slowly shook his head, indicating he didn’t tell the others yet.

“I’ve called Chen, Baek Hyun, Chan Yeol and Yixing. You’re free tomorrow, right? I told them I want to meet them at the usual bubble tea shop,” Se Hun nodded, agreeing to go there too tomorrow. Why wouldn’t he? They are going to meet at a bubble tea shop, and no one can stop the bubble tea master!

 

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

Dum!

 

Chen knocked the table hard with his fist, making the others to automatically look at him. He crumpled his fist tighter, trying to stop himself from bursting out in anger at Lu Han, and to stop himself from the verge of wanting to punch Lu Han who’s been sitting across him.

 

“Don’t,”

 

It made the others frowned at Chen even more.

“What do you mean by don’t?” Lu Han broke the uncomfortable silence and stared at Chen.

“Don’t ever think of wanting to go back to Ji Eun. You’ve hurt her enough and I don’t want to see her keep being hurt. Didn’t you say you would develop your feelings for Jia Ying?”

“Weren’t it you who protested the most about me breaking up with Ji Eun back there and when I pushed her away the day I accidentally met Ji Eun last few months? Now you’re going against me getting back to Ji Eun? What’s wrong with you? I expect you to be the one who would support me the most,” Chen almost scoffed, hearing at what Lu Han said.

 

You lost my support the moment you pushed Ji Eun away for the second time, Lu Han. And I won’t let you make Ji Eun cries again and kills her happiness with Min Hyuk Hyung.

 

“Yes, I was. I’m sorry, but I can’t accept this anymore. What? Do you think Ji Eun is a thing that you can pull and push whenever you want? She’s a human too Lu Han, she has feelings. I’m saying this because I want Ji Eun to be happy. She’s my friend for the longest time ever and I don’t plan on seeing her cries again. She’s happy enough now and to know that you are being somewhere near her, it would crush all that into dust,” Lu Han flinched, having to hear that his presence himself is destructive enough for Ji Eun. Chen’s words were too sharp for him to receive.

“I’ll prove it to you that I can make Ji Eun happy too. I admit that it was my fault, everything from the start was my fault and I’m sorry that I hurt your best friend. But you should know that she was once my girlfriend too back there, and I know her well,”  Lu Han’s tensed voice make Yixing and Baek Hyun readied themselves to hold back both Lu Han and Chen in case a fight would start.

 

“You’ll make things hard again for everyone Lu Han. The one who would be affected the most is Ji Eun,” and Min Hyuk Hyung. “I prefer you to let Ji Eun go and let her enjoys what she has right now. I haven’t seen her smiles brightly again for years and I’m not going to let you ruin it. Forget this crap and let her be happy with the guy who deserves Ji Eun better. Ji Eun would be happier to be with him,” Chen got up from the chair almost harshly and took a last look at his friends before saying in a low voice, “Min Hyuk Hyung would be better for Ji Eun now,” he then left them hanged by his words like that. He needs to leave if he doesn’t want to make things worse between him and Lu Han.

 

“Chen just need time, Lu Han. Don’t be too burdened by that. You have my support and I wish the best for you,” Yixing softly tapped Lu Han’s shoulder and gave him a small smile.

 

Who is Min Hyuk Hyung? I’m pretty sure I heard Chen mentioned that name just now. Baek Hyun silently finished up his bubble tea while thinking about the name that Chen said before he left.

 

Only when Lu Han got home, he finally sensed something from what Chen had said to him. She’s been seeing Ji Eun. If he hasn’t been hanging out with Ji Eun, then how would he know Ji Eun is happy for now? And by the way he talked; he could feel that Chen is hiding something about Ji Eun. Does Ji Eun really date the guy that I saw last time?

 

 

TWO DAYS AFTER THE TRIP TO JEJU ISLAND

JI EUN’S POV

 

Eo? It is taken off already? Did someone come today?

 

I make my steps into a halt by placing my hands on the glass door of Sweet and Simple. I shrug my shoulders and continue to make my way towards the staffs’ rest area. I didn’t come to work together with Oppa today, because he said he needs to finish something and will come to work later. Well, I can’t keep depending on Oppa for everything, right? I don’t want to be a burden for him.

After I had put down my things into my locker, I make my way towards the cakes section while giving quick greetings to my other workmates. Seeing me, Shin Ae grins and make a ‘V’ sign.

“I’ll go home first, Ji Eun,” I give her a small nod and follow her steps with my gaze. “By the way,” she suddenly spun around and faced me. “Don’t fall for the new guy; you’ve got your Oppa already,”

“New guy?” I lift my eyebrows at her but she only gives me a wink. But then, I brush off what Shin Ae said and keep serving the customers as warm as possible. Just a few minutes later, Min Ah called me, saying that Ha Gi Eonnie wants me to meet her in her office after I had done serving the customer and Min Ah said she would help to look out for the customers that come in when I’m away.

 

Did I do something wrong? Despite that, I still make my way towards Ha Gi Eonnie’s office. After I arrive there, I knock the door and walk in as I got the permission to do so.

 

Huh? Why she wants to meet me if she got a guest? I give a bow at her.

“Ji Eun-ah, I just want you to meet our new family member in Sweet and Simple. He comes in to work starting today,” Ahh, so this is the new guy that Shin Ae told me just now? Since he was sitting, I couldn’t see his face yet. Seconds later, he got up and spun around to face me.

 

“Ji Eun, here’s Lu Han and Lu Han, here’s Ji Eun,”

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Dear readers, is this story getting better or even more? Do give votes if you think it worth that. Thank you for reading :)