018

Forever A Pluviophile

 

 

“By the way,” Ji Eun looked up from her plate. “Congratulations for finishing your study, Eun Min!” Ji Eun gave Min Hyuk a warm smile.

“I’m not officially graduated yet though. But still, thank you Oppa. I think I did pretty well for my examination this time. And that is all thanks to you. I wonder what would happen if you’re not by my side, it must be disastrous,” Min Hyuk laughed at her last statement.

“But I’m by your side right? That is all that matters, and I’ll always be there for you,” he placed his hand on top of Ji Eun’s and rubbed it, earning a small smile from the latter. She mumbled a ‘thank you’ to Min Hyuk. After they finished eating, they went to have conversations with their co-workers, but Min Hyuk won’t let Ji Eun away from his side even for a moment, making Ji Eun to keep being teased. Of course, she blushed hard because of that.

Min Hyuk sent Ji Eun home after the party ended. He had always sent Ji Eun home when she got off from works or from her college, insisting that he is now her boyfriend and he doesn’t want any bad things to happen to her. Oh well, why would she refuse? Someone volunteered the give rides for her.

 

“Sleep well sweetheart. Dreams of me okay?” Min Hyuk cupped Ji Eun’s face as he pecked her forehead. Ji Eun smiled warmly as a respond.

“Arasseo Oppa. Drive carefully okay? Sleep well too,” she stood on her toes and quickly pecked Min Hyuk’s cheek, making a smile bloomed on his face. He slightly ruffled Ji Eun’s hair before he got into his car. Ji Eun waved goodbye at him until the car lost from her sight and went inside her house right after that.

 

Keep loving me like this, Oppa. So that I’ll be able to return the love that you give me even more. I’ll try my best, so please hang onto me and never let me go to anyone who comes to our way.

 

 

 

Since there’s nothing that Ji Eun do other than working at Sweet and Simple after her studies ended, she felt quite bored. She thought of going somewhere for two to three days, so she asked Min Hyuk if he could spare two or three days for a short vacation with her. Knowing that Yoon Mi would equally felt bored just like she did, she asked Yoon Mi to join her too.

 

Min Hyuk fetched Ji Eun at her house around 10 in the morning. Both them just brought along a backpack each, vacationing with a concept of backpack travelling.

“Do we need to fetch Yoon Mi too?” he stole a glance at Ji Eun before continued focusing on his driving once again.

“Nope, she’ll go directly to the airport. We’ll meet up with her there,” Min Hyuk gave her a few nods.

Once they arrived at the airport, Ji Eun immediately gave Yoon Mi a phone call, asking about her whereabouts. They met up at the lounge area. But after a few minutes later, Ji Eun saw someone’s figure that’s familiar to her, making her to frown. It makes her wonders even more when that person makes his way towards her.

 

 

“Hey,” a small smile plastered on his face as he said his simple greeting to her.

“Uh, why on earth are you here?” it wasn’t that Ji Eun trying to be rude, it’s just her normal reaction to speak like that when she sees him.

“Duhh, do you think I’m coming here to cook?” Ji Eun rolled her eyes. Yeah yeah, sarcasms overload, Chen. “I’m joining you guys going to Jeju. Min Hyuk Hyung invites me if you are curious, by the way,” he jerked one of his eyebrows while smirking. Just as Ji Eun wanted to ask Chen why Min Hyuk even bothered to invite him to join them, Min Hyuk pulled her by her waist from behind, back hugging her.

“I’m afraid Yoon Mi would feel left out because of us, so I decide to get Chen joins us. Besides, all four of us haven’t got a chance to spend time together yet,” Min Hyuk said in low voice, near to Ji Eun’s right ear. Chen scoffed, seeing how Min Hyuk didn’t even care to act lovey-dovey in public. Hyung, are you trying to show off to me your happiness? Ji Eun gave Min Hyuk a few knowing nods before escaping from his embrace and went to Yoon Mi who stood there watching Chen like a mannequin. She was shocked about his sudden appearance, no doubt. So Ji Eun explained to her about that.

 

 

Since they are in Jeju, of course they have to eat the seaweed and sea urchin soup. They went to one of the famous restaurants that serve seaweed and sea urchin soup to have their lunch after arriving in Jeju. After lunch, they checked in to two hotel rooms at Jeju Lotte Hotel in Jungmun that they booked earlier, which Ji Eun would sleep with Yoon Mi and Min Hyuk with Chen After that; took the bus and went to the Trick Art Museum. Going for a vacation during summer, of course no one would do any outdoor activities, you might get heat . And who wouldn’t like to go to a Trick Art Museum? Everyone would love going there and taking pictures is a must when visiting a place like that. The museum is a bit far from the hotel that they stayed, but it’s not like they would get lots more chances to come to Jeju, so they decided to go there despite the far distance. Even in the museum, Min Hyuk won’t let Ji Eun’s hand away from his hold even for a moment. She felt embarrassed towards her friends, but what can she say to Min Hyuk? He’s her over protective boyfriend. That situation made it awkward for Chen and Yoon Mi; yet, they still just trailed behind the couple and sometimes would chat to catch up with each other’s life.

The moment they went back to hotel, it had already turned night. And since they were all tired, they decided to have their dinner at the Mugungwha, a Korean restaurant inside the hotel.

 

“Tomorrow, let’s watch the sunrise at Jungmun beach,” Min Hyuk said while looking at the other three.

“Sure, that is a must since the beach is just near to here,” Ji Eun replied to Min Hyuk and they continued eating again. They shared their childhood moments and laughter would involuntary came out at the mention of funny and ridiculous moments back there.

 

 

CHEN’S POV

I scowl and let out a groan, annoyed at the two love birds. Call me jealous or whatever, I don’t care, because I’m not. Both are my best friends, no doubt. But I still can’t customize myself with this situation of Min Hyuk Hyung and Ji Eun dating. Oh well, I know Ji Eun would follow Hyung everywhere he goes back there, but that was one-sided. But this time, it’s different.

We’ve watched the sun rose, but decide to stay here a bit longer. The air here is fresh and we can never find this kind of air in Seoul. I flinch at the sudden appearance of someone besides me that I saw from the corner of my eyes. Aish that surprised me!

“Stop frowning, Chen. You’re weird, you know? Seeing natural beauty should be something that makes you feel relaxed, not stressed,” she crossed her arms against her chest.

“Duhh, what’s the point that they asked us to join them? Min Hyuk Hyung won’t let Ji Eun away from his side even for a moment. Didn’t that make you feel awkward?” I frown at her. She let out a small smile before locking eyes with me.

“Yeah, of course it did. But who can stop him? I’m happy though seeing Ji Eun happy again,” she threw her gaze at the couple while I just keep staring at her. I know what she meant.

 

 

“H-Hey, how was Ji Eun?” she looks at me again and frowns.

Was?”

“Well, you know, back there when she broke up with Lu Han,” there is a glint of hatred and anger in her eyes before she let out a low sigh.

“It was hell back there, Chen. You know well how much Ji Eun loves him. She’s like a living corpse for a few months, trying to find Lu Han. You know what, Chen? I was actually mad at you. You know Ji Eun better, both us know Ji Eun better than anyone else. But you could let Ji Eun suffer like that and even left her. What do you think could happen to Ji Eun if I wasn’t there for her?” my stomach twists, hearing what Yoon Mi said. I know, it was also my fault back there, but I had made my promise to Lu Han too.

“I guess you also know about Ji Eun accidentally met Lu Han a few months ago,” I slowly nod my head. “She didn’t really show it to me, but I know she suffered a lot to get Lu Han out of her mind. The day she met Lu Han, she let herself getting soaked in the rain for an hour,” my eyes widen at the mention of Ji Eun getting soaked in the rain.

“But she can’t let herself--“

“Yes she can’t, but she did,” I let out a defeated sigh. She really needs to learn to stop that habit of her. She knew well her body is weak.

 

“I would do anything to pay back all that I did to her, Yoon Mi. And also, I’m sorry and thank you too,”

“What are those for?” she let down her arms to her sides and frowns at me.

“I’m sorry for ignoring both of you and thank you for taking care of Yoon Mi when I was not there. Thank you for still willing to talk to me too,” I pocketed my hands and gives her a warm smile. She let out a chuckle and stood on her toes to ruffle my hair, earning a groan from me. What the heck is wrong with this girl?!

“Stop being sentimental, Chen. It is so freaking didn’t match you. Seeing you being like this gives me goose bumps, you know?” I give a death glare to her, but she only laughs hard at me. Tch, whatever.

“Keep laughing, Park Yoon Mi. I’m going to leave you now,” I roll my eyes at her and leave her behind. I ignore her calls and keep walking forward.

 

 

Hyung, can I borrow you precious little princess here?” 

 

What? I just leave Yoon Mi behind because I got something I think I need to tell Ji Eun.

 

“Hmm? For what?”

“Duhh, there’s something I need to tell her. I’m not trying to flirt with her okay? And will never do so. She’s not my style,” Ji Eun smacks my shoulder but I just ignore that.

“Okay,” Min Hyuk Hyung left the two of us alone and went somewhere else.

 

“What’s up?”

“Nothing, I just want to know how your life now. That Hyung is giving me headaches, you know? Is there some permanent glue sticking him to you?” Ji Eun laughs hard.

“Silly. Well, I guess my life’s better now. Why?” I gulp down my saliva and turn my body to face her. Maybe seeing me suddenly being quiet makes she feels weird that she frowns at me. I take a deep breath and lock eyes with her.

“Ji Eun-ah, I know I’m saying this a bit too late. But is still think I have to tell you this. I’m sorry. I’m deeply sorry for everything that I did to you back there. I’m sorry for not being by your side,” Ji Eun froze at what I said, but I just let the silence fills the air around us, waiting for her respond.

 

“Don’t mention that, Chen. I don’t want to remember even a tiny bit of that time anymore. Yes, it was indeed damn painful to the point that I feel like dying. But I never blame you, never, not even once. So don’t feel sorry,” a part of me feels relieved, but another part of me still not. But despite that, I give her a small smile.

“I’m glad if you feel like that. And Ji Eun,” she lifted her eyebrows at me. “Don’t get shaken up if anyone wants to somehow break your relationship with Hyung,” she gives me a suspicious look, so I grip both her shoulders, but softly.

“Just listen to me, okay? I’m an , but I still love you as my friend and want you to be happy. Trust yourself that you can love Min Hyuk Hyung even more than he loves you one day, okay?,” she pushes my hands away from her shoulders and frowns.

“What on earth are you saying?! There’s no one who wants that to happen to me and Oppa, okay? Stop saying nonsense,” Ji Eun-ah, I have my own reason for saying this to you. But then, I place my hands on her shoulders once again and grip it a bit stronger.

“It’s just and ‘if’. But I want you to promise me that you won’t get shaken up. I know what I’m saying and you know I’m not joking too, Han Ji Eun,”she didn’t say anything and just stare at me. I know that she knows I’m being serious. I called her by her full name.

 

She let out a low sigh and looks away from my eyes. “Arasseo, I promise I won’t,” she said, almost whispering. Only then I realize the air around us is a bit tense. I slowly slide down my hands from her shoulders and pocketed them.

“I-I’m sorry, it was a bit harsh just now. I didn’t mean it,” she looks up to meet eyes with mine.

“Nahh, it’s okay. But if you really feel sorry, buy me lunch,” she grins and I smile back at her.

“Sure, in a hundred years,” I stick out my tongue and run away from her, avoiding a slap on my shoulder. She’s running after me and was shouting my name out loud until Min Hyuk Hyung come to the rescue. To the rescue my . She was pulled by Hyung at the waist and was trapped in his embrace when I look back to check out on her. Phew, save.

 

 

But really, I’m not joking about what I said to Ji Eun just now. Ugh, why do I have to get involved in this?! Damn it! I really feel like knocking my head onto the wall right now.

 

Lu Han, I already warned you last time. Why are you doing this again?! I won’t agree with you anymore this time, buddy. I won't allow you making things hard on Ji Eun again.

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Do subscribe and do leave some comments too :)