014

Forever A Pluviophile

“Nope, just stay here and watch television. I’ll make it real quick,” he nodded and Ji Eun made her way towards the kitchen.

 

Since she had just stuffed her refrigerator with food stuffs, she got lots of choices to cook. Ji Eun decided to cook doenjang jigae(beef and vegetable bean stew), ojingeo bokkum(spicy stirred-fried squid), gaeran mari(stuffed omelette) and also served kimchi. Ji Eun learned to cook because she lives alone and she doesn’t really like to go eat outside. Min Hyuk would come into the kitchen once in a while, trying to check the cooking progress and wanted to help her but always ended up being pushed out from the kitchen. In the end, he gave up and just sat in front of the dining table while observing how Ji Eun worked to prepare the foods. He can’t stop the smiles that would creep out on his face, seeing how Ji Eun preparing the dishes without a glint of awkwardness, where he also found that that was cute. After placing the doenjang jigae on the table, she sat across Min Hyuk.

 

“Shall we start eating?” Min Hyuk asked Ji Eun, where she nodded after that. “I’ll enjoy the meal well,” Ji Eun just watched Min Hyuk took a spoonful of the stew and asked how it tasted.

“It’s perfect!” Min Hyuk made a thumb up and winked, making Ji Eun chuckled before she started eating too. They enjoyed the food while having some light talks, like how they would always have. After they finished eating, Min Hyuk helped Ji Eun to clean the kitchen while Ji Eun washed the dishes.

 

 

“Eun Min-ah,” they sat side by side on the couch while watching television when Min Hyuk called Ji Eun’s name.

“Eung?” Min Hyuk then bent his body a bit, taking the thing that he brought with him earlier and placed it on Ji Eun’s lap. Ji Eun looked at the box on her lap and Min Hyuk repeatedly and confusion was clearly on her face.

“What is this?”

“Tomorrow, wear this and let’s go out again,” Ji Eun opened up the box and took the clothes out, which turned out to be a sleeveless A-line dress                                                                      

 

 

                                                                                

 

 

 

“But I have to work tomorrow,” she placed the dress inside the box again and faced Min Hyuk.

“Don’t worry, I already told Ha Gi Noona that you want a day off tomorrow,”

“WHAT?! Oppa~” she whined, unsatisfied with the fact Min Hyuk done that.

“I know you don’t like it when I do that, but I promise you, this will be the first and last one, okay?” he tilted his head a bit and blinked his eyes a few times – acting innocent, making Ji Eun to heave out a defeated sigh.

 

“But why are you giving me a dress?”

“Because…. Secret!” he winked. “Tsk, I just feel like buying it since I found that that dress would look adorable if you were to wear it,” he wrapped his arm around Ji Eun’s shoulder, pulling her that was sitting beside him on the couch closer. But, he got a soft slap on his chest instead, making him winced before he let out a chuckle.

“I’m just saying the truth what?”

“Whatever Oppa~ by the way, aren’t you going to go home?” she looked up to meet Min Hyuk’s eyes.

“Heol, someone is kicking me out of her house. Oh my, I’m hurt,” he put him palm on his chest while making a hurt expression, but Ji Eun pinched both his cheeks hard, making Min Hyuk lightly screamed.

“Oppa, you should be an actor instead. Tch, I’m not kicking you out, okay Kang Min Hyuk-ssi?” she wiggled her fingers before releasing it from Min Hyuk’s cheeks.

“Arasseo sweetheart, I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 10. Be pretty okay?” they got up from the couch together and Ji Eun sent Min Hyuk off to his car.

 

“No problem Oppa, I’ll see you again tomorrow then. Good night and sweet dreams,” Min Hyuk pecked Ji Eun’s cheek before he got into his car without looking at her expression, knowing Ji Eun would be blushing because of what he did.

“Same goes to you too, Eun Min-ah,” he waved Ji Eun good bye and gave her an eye smile. Ji Eun waved back until Min Hyuk’s car was out from her view and made her way into her house once again.

 

 

NEXT DAY – SUNDAY

Ji Eun did some light make-up and also loosely curled her hair, feeling that there will be some surprise occasions from Min Hyuk since he even bought her a dress. Something is fishy, Oppa.

 

Hearing the bell rang, she took a final look of herself and lightly smiled before she made her way towards the main door.

 

“Good morning, pretty,” Min Hyuk greeted Ji Eun and she could only shyly smile before returning the greeting. Ji Eun made sure to lock the main door before both them stepped into Min Hyuk’s car, going somewhere else that only Min Hyuk knows. After a few minutes ride, he pushed the ‘play’ button and let some music blasted through the speaker.

 

“Oppa-- we’re not going to watch horror movie again, right?” she folded her arms against her chest and made her eyes smaller as she said that. Min Hyuk could not help but to laugh at Ji Eun’s thought, making the other pouted.

“Do you want to go?”

“Oppa~” she whined.

“Arasseo, I’m just kidding. We’re not going there, but elsewhere. Trust me and enjoy the ride, okay?” he then stole a glance at Ji Eun. “By the way, you really look pretty in that; I’ve got awesome fashion taste, isn’t it?” he raised one of his eyebrows, making Ji Eun to act vomiting at what he had just said. So full of yourself, Oppa.

“Yeah yeah, whatever that makes you happy Oppa,” he chuckled and shook his head sideways, hearing what Ji Eun said.

 

After an almost 30 minutes ride, the car finally made a halt. Ji Eun took a look around her before she locked eyes with Min Hyuk and blinked them – confused.

“What are we doing here again? We just came here last week, aren’t we?” confusion was clearly on her face with the frowns on her forehead were getting more visible.

“Yep,” he popped out the letter p before stealing a glance at things surrounding them. He gave out a grin at Ji Eun before he unbuckled his seatbelt and went out of the car. He jogged towards the opposite side – Ji Eun’s seat, and opened the door for her. Despite that, Ji Eun unbuckled her seatbelt too and stepped out of the car by taking Min Hyuk’s hand. After making sure to lock the car, they walked hand in hand without any words being uttered.

Min Hyuk bought a cotton candy and both them kept walking hand in hand. But then, Ji Eun made her moves into a halt and gripped Min Hyuk tighter, making the latter stopped walking too.

 

“Oppa, you haven’t answered me yet. Why are we here again?” she frowned. Min Hyuk slightly smiled before he went in front of Ji Eun – making him towered over Ji Eun.

“I’m trying to re-enact the day when you become my Eun Min again and I become your Oppa. It was here, at this amusement park, isn’t it?” he tilted his head a bit and blinked his eyes. Ji Eun can’t help but to chuckle at Min Hyuk’s sudden weird action of wanting to do that. What is so special about today that you even want to do this, Oppa?

“Oppa, you really do the weirdest thing,” she shook her head at Min Hyuk. They then continued walking hand in hand again. “So, are we going to play all those again?” she looked into Min Hyuk’s eyes, but got no response.

 

“You got to be kidding me, right Oppa? I’m wearing a dress now,”

“Sweetheart, I never said we’ll be riding all those again okay?” he lightly pinched her cheek. “I’m not that crazy yet. We’ll just stroll around the park and have a nice cup of Iced Americano later, deal?” he raised an eyebrow. She acted like she was thinking about it before she nodded while grinning at the latter. They then continued walking.

 

“By the way, Eun Min-ah, I thought we made a promise long ago that we’ll never come to the amusement park without each other’s company. Any explanation for breaking that promise, hm?” he raised an eyebrow at Ji Eun as they accidentally made an eye contact.

 

Uh-oh, I’m doomed.

 

She quickly stopped walking and made Min Hyuk stopped too before she immediately went in front of Min Hyuk and wrapped her arms around Min Hyuk’s waist. She looked up to meet Min Hyuk’s eyes.

“O-Oppa, I swear, I never thought of breaking that promise. I really never come here after you left, not even once. B-But, I don’t know why I agreed the day you asked me to come here with you. It wasn’t even like I already recognized you at that time,” she was not lying; she didn’t even know why she did agreed. Lu Han was one of the reason; no doubt. But even when she coupled with Lu Han before, she never agreed to date at the amusement park, never. Min Hyuk didn’t even look into Ji Eun’s eyes.

 

“A-Are you mad?” she bit her lower lip with hands still securely wrapping around Min Hyuk’s waist. “Eung?” Min Hyuk then released a sigh before he wrapped his arms around Ji Eun’s waist too.

 

“Rather than mad, I think feeling betrayed would suit this case more,” Ji Eun pouted before she broke the eye contact by looking down. “I’m just kidding, Eun Min-ah,” hearing that, she instantly looked up with shiny eyes.

“Really?” getting a nod from the latter, she hugged him tighter. Actually, the reason why he took Ji Eun to the amusement park again was only to confirm about that matter, and since it was settled, he took Ji Eun to the café and grabbed a glass of Iced Americano with some scones and pancakes together.

They went for another ride after that. Their destination turned out to be a park again, but instead of another amusement park, it was a flower park. They walked hand in hand again along the lane.

 

 

“Oppa, why are we here?”

“Tsk, why do you keep asking that? Just enjoy it, can’t you?” Ji Eun pouted cutely, hearing that. After a few minutes’ walk, they stopped and rest on a wooden bench that somehow got a bit hidden from others view.

 

“Eun Min-ah, stay here and don’t go anywhere else, okay? I’ll go buy us a can of coffee each, so just stays here okay?” she got some weird feeling because Min Hyuk said to her to stay there twice, but still, she nodded at the latter.

After Min Hyuk left, she took a look around her with smiles plastered on her face, seeing how colourful and refreshing it is to be surrounded by flowers. Since it was already evening, the weather was extremely nice too despite the hot summer season. But, almost 10 minutes later, a little girl around five came towards her.

 

“Eonnie, will you follow me?”

“Ah, b-but I--“ she didn’t even got to finish sentence since the girl pulled her hand, making her to involuntarily followed the little girl. But Oppa asked me to stay…

Ji Eun kept being dragged for a few minutes, until they got even deeper into the flower park. But then, their paces slowed down as both them walked under flower-roofed lane and bushes of colourful roses at the sides of the lane. Ji Eun smiled wide seeing how beautiful the lane was. How come I never know this thing exist here? As they walked further, Ji Eun could see pieces of papers hanged using strings that was tied around the woods that was used to make the roof. She read the letter one by one as she walked further.

 

 

H

A

P

P

Y

 

B

I

R

T

H

D

A

Y

 

E

U

N

M

I

N

 

Happy birthday Eun Min. Reading that, it made Ji Eun smiled even wider. It is my birthday, no wonder he made a fuss of wanting me to take a day off and even bought me a dress. Seconds later, Ji Eun startled, hearing the sound of someone singing the ‘Happy Birthday’ song, making her to spin around, only to see Min Hyuk doing that while carrying a cake with lighted candles on it. The little girl that assisted Ji Eun suddenly ran away, but being too attached to Min Hyuk, she didn’t really make any notice of it.

“Make a wish, dear,” Min Hyuk said that when he finally stood in front of Ji Eun.

 

Let me be happy with someone that can make me happy and make me love that person without any conditions. Please.

 

Done with the wish, she blew off the candles and clapped her own hands eagerly. Min Hyuk then made his way towards a bench near that area before going towards Ji Eun again.

 

“Thank you Oppa,” she jumped onto Min Hyuk and hugged him tight. “Never thought you still remember my birthday perfectly. Thanks so much Oppa, I really mean it,” hearing that, Min Hyuk chuckled a bit before he slightly lifted Ji Eun from the ground by wrapping his arms around her waist, and he spun her a bit before putting her down again.

 

After he released her from his embrace, he took out a small box from his jeans’ pocket and handed it to the confused Ji Eun. He told her that it is her birthday present, since she looked like that.

 

“Can I open this now?” getting an approval nod, she carefully opened the box.

“Oppa… this is so pretty. Thank you, Oppa,” she looked up into Min Hyuk’s eyes to thank him. Since Ji Eun was admiring it so attentively, Min Hyuk took the box again and took out the simple yet charming necklace before he went behind Ji Eun to help her wore that. Finished doing that, he helped her to fix her hair too.

“But then, he took a deep breath before taking out a stalk of red rose from the back pocket of his jeans and kneeled on one knee in front of Ji Eun. Ji Eun slightly jumped, seeing his position in front her like that.

“O-Oppa, w-what are you doing? Get up,”

“Eun Min-ah,” Ji Eun stopped panicking, hearing the soft voice calling out her name and hummed as a response.

 

 

“Will you be my girlfriend, sweetheart?”

 

 


 

Ughh, I'm sleepy T.T It is 1 am in my country now.

By the way, I was busy last few days, sorry for not updating. Ah right, I know this is shameless and weird, but in case any one of you would want to follow me on instagram, you can find me at @leeya_95 don't forget to let me know you followed me there ^^ Have a good day!