021

Forever A Pluviophile

 

 

“YES. I care about him more than anything in this world, even more than I care about my own life. He’s the most important for me now. So please, get out from our life instantly. I don’t want to hurt him with your presence,” the way she whispered the last sentence with that much of hatred unconsciously made me release her wrist. She gave me a cold glare and went out. While me, I just stand here, not moving even for an inch, shocked with what Ji Eun had just said.

 

Did she hate me that much? But no, I can’t give up just like this. I won’t stop Ji Eun, not until you come back to me.

 

 

JI EUN’S POV

 

Why? Why is he here again? Did five years are not long enough? I hate you, Lu Han. I HATE YOU!

 

Tears unconsciously fell down from the corner of my eyes. Why are you here again when I’m trying to recover myself from the pain that you gave? Oppa. Oppa, mianhe. I didn’t know he’ll show up again. But no, I’m not going to let go of your hand, not that easily.

 

Beep. I let my legs down from the couch and take my phone from the coffee table.

 

From: Min Hyuk Oppa❤

Eun Min-ah, are you sure you don’t want to go to the hospital? Do your head still hurt? Want me to accompany you tonight?

 

I grip my phone tighter and bite my lower lip. What should I do if he hurt you, Oppa? What should I do if Lu Han tell you about me and him? What if I hurt you?

 

To: Min Hyuk Oppa❤

Don’t worry much, Oppa. I’m perfectly fine now :) Sleep well and have a good rest, okay? I’m sorry for worrying you. I’ll make it up for you tomorrow.

 

From: Min Hyuk Oppa❤

Arraseo. Sleep well too and dream of me, okay? I’ll pick you up and we’ll go for a date tomorrow morning before going to Sweet and Simple. You wanna make up for today right? Kekeke. Sweet dreams, sweetheart

 

To: Min Hyuk Oppa❤

No problem :) Sweet dreams too, Oppa.

 

I really wish Lu Han’s presence today was all just a nightmare. But no, he was real.

 

 

Just leave me alone, can’t you?

END OF POV

 

 

THE NEXT DAY, AFTERNOON – SWEET AND SIMPLE

Unluckily, Ji Eun, Min Hyuk and Lu Han got the same shift for that day. But yes, Ji Eun didn’t even care about Lu Han’s presence and acted as if they were strangers. On the other side, Lu Han only watched Ji Eun from far since he doesn’t want to make things between him and Ji Eun worse. He was hurt seeing Ji Eun being close with Min Hyuk, no doubt. Ji Eun-ah, I miss your smiles and laughs for me. But Ji Eun coldness was what that hurt him most. Every time she saw Lu Han somewhere around her, she’ll quickly walks away while showing an unpleased look on her face. She didn’t give Lu Han even a second to talk to her. Her heart had turned into stone for him and the only thing that she could think every time she saw Lu Han is hatred. She mainly feels like that because she’s afraid that Lu Han would hurt Min Hyuk and also, she hates the fact that Lu Han is somewhere near her after what happened.

 

 

“Ji Eun-ah,” she gave the latter a small smile when they met eyes.

“Hey. What do you want for today?” he took a swift look at the cakes and fixed his eyes on the Choc Indulgence cake after a few seconds. He pointed his forefinger at the cake and grinned at Ji Eun.

“This one. I’ll--,”his smile faded as he saw someone familiar a few metres behind Ji Eun. He was lost for words for a moment and he fixed his eyes on the one behind Ji Eun, making her to frown before looking into what he’s been looking to.

 

“Lu Han…,” Ji Eun’s face twitched for a second before she turned her head to the one in front of her once again.

“Chen, you want to take away or have it right away?” Chen could see discomfort all over Ji Eun’s face and he knew Ji Eun wanted to go away quickly as possible from that place.

“Take away. But follow me; I’ve got something to tell you,”

“Sure,” Ji Eun then turned her head towards Shin Ae. “Shin Ae-ah, could you please look after here for a second? My friend wants to meet me,”

“Sure,” Shin Ae gave her a nod and a small smile.

 

Chen turned his body towards Ji Eun, who had been trailing behind him. They had already gone out of Sweet and Simple.

“J-Ji Eun-ah,”

“It’s okay Chen. I’m not blaming you and I won’t,” Ji Eun looked into Chen’s eyes as she said that. She could feel that Chen is actually feeling guilty after he saw Lu Han.

“I swear, Ji Eun. I never know he’ll come to work here. If I know earlier, I would stop him--,“ he instantly stopped talking as Ji Eun puts her hands on his shoulders and looked up to meet his eyes.

“Chen, listen. I had never blame you, even years ago. And I won’t too now. So stop feeling guilty because this got nothing to do with you, okay? I know you are worried about me, I know. And that reason alone is enough for me to never blame you,” she puts down her hands and looked down at the floor for a second before she locked eyes with Chen again. “But please, just don’t let Oppa know about me and Lu Han, because I don’t want him to feel bad. Please?” Chen released a heavy sigh before nodded.

“Arasseo. I’ll try to talk to Lu Han and ask him to stop this ridiculous thing right away, I promise,” he then placed a hand on Ji Eun’s head. “And you need to promise me that you won’t get soaked with rain. Promise me,” Ji Eun bit her lower lip before she slightly nodded her head. I can’t really promise you that, Chen. It’s my healing. Chen ruffled her hair and gave a slight smile as he put away his hand.

“Be strong, Ji Eun. You know you always have us for you,” us – yes, Chen, Yoon Mi and Min Hyuk. Ji Eun gave a slight smile, not wanting Chen to worry much.

“I know,”

 

“YAHH!” both Ji Eun and Chen looked at the one shouting at them. But then, both them exchanged look once again.

“Uh-oh, someone’s going to kill me soooooooo soon,” Chen said in low voice, barely enough for Ji Eun to hear it and it made her chuckled.

“Yahh, what are you doing with my girlfriend alone like this?” Min Hyuk went behind Ji Eun wrapped his hands over her shoulders. Chen rolled his eyes and scowled.

“Duhh, it’s not like I’m proposing her. She’s all yours, okay Hyung?” Ji Eun swung her leg at Chen’s direction and showed a fist but Chen only stuck his tongue out because he managed to avoid the kick since Ji Eun was trapped in Min Hyuk’s embrace.

“Good. Don’t flirt with her since she’s mine,” he tighten the hug and Ji Eun softly elbowed him before chuckled.

“You’re going already, right? See you soon, Chen,” she waved goodbye at Chen.

“Tch, you’re kicking me away because Min Hyuk Hyung is here?” she immediately nodded her head while showing a stoic face and Min Hyuk bursts into laughter. “Arasseo, I’m going. See ya,” they waved at each other and both Min Hyuk and Ji Eun went back into the shop with Min Hyuk’s arm around Ji Eun’s waist.

 

“What did you two talk about?” Min Hyuk took a glance at Ji Eun.

“Em….. secret!” she escaped from Min Hyuk and went to the rest area. Min Hyuk quickly followed her and lifted her up as he hugged her from behind when they were both inside the rest area, making her screamed.

“Are you going to tell me or not?”

“Nope nope nope and nope,” she shook her head as she said that. Min Hyuk put her down and tickled her, making her laughed hard.

“Oppa stop,” she put up both her hands and moved backward two steps. “Okay okay, I’ll tell you,” she gulped her saliva, gulping down the remaining laughter. “There’s nothing specific, just some random things. Okay?” Min Hyuk gave her a suspicious look but decided to just believe it.

“Okay fine. Did you purposely didn’t want to tell me earlier because you want to play more with me, hm?” she blushed and stepped backward as Min Hyuk stepped forward. He quickly locked Ji Eun in his embrace and Ji Eun placed her hands against his chest, giving some distance between their faces. But someone fixed his voice from the locker area, making them to turn their head towards that voice while still being in that position. Lu Han. Her expression changed, seeing Lu Han there. But Min Hyuk, all he did was grinning.

“Oh, hi Lu Han. I hope you won’t mind me and this playful girlfriend of mine,” Lu Han’s expression darkened when he heard Min Hyuk mentioned the word ‘girlfriend’ and even more hurt to see Ji Eun being hugged by Min Hyuk in front of him. He saw everything from the start and stayed quiet while silently watching them but in the end, decided to make them knew his presence, because he doesn’t want to see more of it.

“I-It’s okay, I’ll go out first,” Lu Han took a glance at Ji Eun who had been avoiding his gaze before he went out. This is too much, Ji Eun. After Lu Han went out, Min Hyuk focussed on Ji Eun again.

“Hey, you still haven’t answered me. You purposely did that right?” he suddenly moved his face closer to Ji Eun and their face were just inches away, making Ji Eun’s heart to beat faster and made her blushed hard.

“N-No I’m not, okay?”

She instinctively shut her eyes as Min Hyuk leaned in, since she thought Min Hyuk was going to kiss her. But opened them again seconds later and blinked her eyes innocently as Min Hyuk kissed her forehead – long.  Why--

“Don’t ask why, I just love doing this to you,” he said as he locked eyes with Ji Eun. But then, he hugged Ji Eun tight while her hair softly. “I’m sorry for not coming to you earlier Eun Min. No, I’m sorry for being a coward and didn’t even told you my feelings back there,” Ji Eun hugged him back and buried her face on the crook of Min Hyuk’s neck. I wish you really did confess to me back there, Oppa. If not-- I won’t even give a damn about his presence.

“What matters now is what we are going through, right? Hold on me tight so that I will do the same too, okay Oppa?” they broke the hug and looked into each other’s eyes. He gave a small smile and slightly ruffled Ji Eun’s hair while she grinned cutely at him.

“Why are we suddenly being like this?” Min Hyuk chuckled right after he asked that question, followed by Ji Eun.

“I know right? We are forever weird,” both them laugh hard.

“Let’s go, we still have works to do,” Min Hyuk wrapped his arm around Ji Eun’s shoulders and went out of the rest room to do their works.

 

 

A FEW DAYS LATER

JI EUN’S POV

 

Tock! Tock!

 

“Come in,” I pop in my head before I enter the small, cosy room. “Please, sit,” I give a curt nod and proceeds to sit in front of the desk.

“Ji Eun-ah, you are going to stop working here soon, right?” Hm? I nod my head at the weird question. “Before that, can I ask for help from you for the last time?”

“Ah ne, of course. That would be an honour, Eonnie,” I give her a small smile. Phew, I thought I did something wrong.

“Really? Aww that’s great. I need you to help Lu Han with things,”

 

And cue to the sound of big rocks being thrown onto me. I’m pretty sure my expression changed. What the heck? Why me? Of all people-- of all people, why me??? Is this a dream? I’m dreaming, right? This is not true, right?

“E-Eonnie, w-why me?”

“Hm? You don’t like it?

“A-Aniya, it’s not like that. B-But, Lu Han--,” should I tell the truth?

“What’s wrong with Lu Han?” I bit my lower lip and fiddle my fingers on my lap.

 

“H-He was my ex-boyfriend and things between us aren’t that good after we broke up. If possible, I don’t want to have anything to do with him again. And there’s Min Hyuk Oppa too, so I-I don’t think it is appropriate for me to be around Lu Han when Oppa is here with me,” there was silence for a moment after I said that.

“Actually, Lu Han was the one who wants you to help him, not me. But, if you really don’t want to do so, then it’s okay. I won’t force you, Ji Eun,” I look at Eonnie blankly as she smiles at me.

“N-Ne? Really? It is really okay for me to not do that?”

“It’s okay. I don’t want any misunderstanding happens to both of you too,” I immediately bows my head at Eonnie – heavenly grateful for that.

 

 

“Ji Eun!”

“Get off your hands from me!” I look into his eyes furiously and tried to let my hand off from his hold. Is he crazy?! What if Oppa see this?!

“Please, listen to me. Just give me a minute, can’t you?”

“NO, YOU CAN’T! Lu Han, let go of my hand before Oppa see it. LET IT GO!”

“NO, I WON’T UNTIL YOU LISTEN TO ME,” there is hurt in his eyes, I could see it. But whose fault is it that I become like this?

“Fine! Let my hand off and I’ll listen to you,” he slowly releases my hand and I held my wrist, feeling a slight pain from his harsh hold.

 

“Ji Eun-ah, please. I’m sorry for what happened the other day. I swear I never meant to act like I never know you. Can we be like how we used to be like before?” I snort at him. Are you kidding me, Lu Han?

“Be like before? It’s too late, Lu Han, too late. You lost that chance on that same day you dumped me for the second time. Tch, what? Sorry? You’re sorry for what happened? I don’t give a damn about that anymore, Lu Han. You are nothing to me anymore, nothing. Just go find someone else, because I don’t care,” the hatred for him inside me is increasing every time I look at his face. 

 

“I know you still like me, not him. And no, I won’t go find someone else because no one can ever replace you, no one,” that loving look. I used to adore that look that he has. But not anymore, that look is nothing to me anymore.

“How do you know I don’t like him? Don’t act like you know everything about me because you don’t, Lu Han. That Ji Eun who was once your girlfriend had already died,” I glare at him and we stayed quiet for a few minutes like that before I took off my eye from his face.

“Go away, Lu Han. I really wish you had never appeared here and stay away forever,” I said, almost whispering before I walked away from him.

 

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

FINALLY! Finally updating this story! I'm sorry if this update disappoint you guys T.T But somehow, I really hope this update is being waited by someone out there //sigh// 

Anyway, thank you for those for read my updates! 

I don't think I'll ask for a comment anymore, because the higher your expections are, the more disappointment you'll get. I'm sorry if what I said makes anyone of you who read this feel hurt. I didn't mean that. It's just that, I feel my own self is useless ever since I entered this medical programme //sigh// I hope I won't be THAT lazy anymore. I don't know how to organize myself. Urgh, it .

 

By the way, if there anyone who wants to befriend with me, you can add/follow me on:

instagram: @leeya_95

twitter: @kimleeya95

line: missleeya

Kakaotalk: missleeya95

 

Don't forget to tell me who is who, okay? Till then readers❤