017

Forever A Pluviophile

 

LU HAN’S POV

We had just end up the graduation day ceremony but I still haven’t left school yet. It’s evening now and I’m at our school garden with Ji Eun, my girlfriend. The mention of the word girlfriend breaks my heart.

 

“Ji Eun-ah,”

“Ne?” she responded cheerfully while looking away from the roses and lock eyes with me. But the happy expression on her face slowly fade away, maybe because she could see the cold stare that I’m giving her. She slowly makes her way towards me until she stood right in front of me. There’s something twinkles in her eyes and I know she wants to tell me something, but she just stares at me without saying anything.

 

“Congratulations for your graduation! I want to get you some roses, but I got up late today. So… forgive me?” she tilts her head and blinks her eyes, making a cute expression. I want to smile, cuddle her, saying it’s okay even though she didn’t get them for me because I didn’t buy her any roses too. But something inside me keeps making me give her an expressionless look. She hesitantly reaches her hands for mine before locking our hands together. These few weeks, I’ve been avoiding any skin ships with her and would always brushes her off harshly, that’s why she hesitates to hold my hands. But this time, I didn’t push her away; instead, I look away from her.

 

“L-Lu Han,” I know she’s trying to make an eye contact with me, but I still didn’t look at her. “W-What is wrong with you? Why are you suddenly k-keep putting some distance between us? Did I do something wrong? You don’t seem to be the Lu Han that I knew,” there is a glint of sadness, hurt in her eyes as I glance at her. I hissed before pulling my hands away from hers and turn my back on her. We stayed quiet like that for a few minutes until she slowly wraps her arms around my waist from behind and plant her cheek on my back.

“I’m sorry if I had done anything wrong. Tell me what makes you feel upset, don’t ignore me like this. How am I supposed to understand you if you are being like this? You know how much I love you and being distant with you like this is too hard for me. I can’t bear this any longer,” her voice cracks in the middle and it makes my heart drops. I silently gulp down my saliva and didn’t move even for an inch. I miss your hugs.

 

 

“Let’s break up,”

 

Her arms slipped down at what I said before she slowly went in front of me. “W-What are y-you saying?” I briefly close my eyes as I take a deep breathe.

“I said, let’s break up,” I lock eyes with her and make sure my stares are cold as possible. She was looking into my eyes intensely, maybe trying to see whether I’m just joking or did seriously ask for it.

“W-Why---suddenly---,” a tear slips down from the corner of her eyes. I tried really hard to make it looks like I’m not even a bit affected by her tears.

“You know this is not a sudden, Ji Eun. You, yourself are aware that we’re no longer like before for these few weeks. Let’s just put an end to this,”

“Why? What went wrong? Tell me and I’ll fix it, but don’t ever tell me to give up on you, to break up with you, don’t,” her voice sounded calm despite the tears that’s been running down her cheeks. Don’t cry, baby. Please.

 

“What went wrong? Everything. From the start, I shouldn’t even have date you. No, I shouldn’t even make friends with you on the first day I transferred to this school. My biggest mistake was to want to know more about you,” I make it sounds like I really regret knowing her and keep giving her cold stares. You’re hurting your precious girl too much now, Lu Han.

“I-Is that what you always thought of me? Regrets? Hatred? You really regret knowing me?” I know she’s deeply hurt inside as she throws the questions to me, because I feel the same too.

“Yes, I regret knowing you. So let’s just end this tiring relationship,” I regret knowing you, loving you because I couldn’t be with you till the end. She didn’t respond so I take the initiative to turn my back on her and walk away, leaving her alone. But after I took a few steps, she bumps her body on my back as she wraps her arms around my tightly, making my steps come to a halt.

 

“L-Lu Han, please, don’t leave me. What am I supposed to do if you suddenly leave me like this? I know you are just lying to me, I know you never meant what you said just now. I’ll forgive you, so please, just stay by my side. Please don’t leave me alone,” I could feel my shirt getting wet from her tears.

“Between us, it’s over from this moment. Don’t try to find me anymore; I don’t want to see your face, ever again,” because I’m scared I’ll hate my whole life for hurting you badly today. I place my hands on top of hers before removing them from my waist. I walk out of the garden without a look back, because tears are streaming down my cheeks on every single step that I take. Goodbye, Ji Eun. She was calling my name, saying she won’t stop loving me and will try hard to look for me, refusing this break up as I walk away. I’m sorry, Ji Eun.

 

 

I jolt up from the bed, panting hard because of the dream. Finally feeling a bit calmer, I hug my knees closer to my chest before planting my forehead on my knees. I gulped down my saliva when I realize my cheeks are wet. I cried? Oh my god, how many times already did I get this same dream over and over again? It’s a true dream though; it really was what happened when I broke up with Ji Eun. Lately, this dream keeps coming to me even more. I bring my legs down from the bed before heading towards the bathroom. I splash the cold water to my face for a few times and look at my own reflection in the mirror. My face looks messed up, tired, maybe because of the dream. Soon after, I make my way out of the bathroom and lie down besides Se Hun, who had fallen into his dreamland deeply.

 

What does this means? Why do I keep getting this dream?

 

 I take a glance to the digital clock on the side table. 3.24 am. I bring my right arm onto my forehead and close my eyes. I took deep breathes a few times, trying to calm my out of nowhere palpitating heart. And Ji Eun’s images that keep flashing in my mind are not helping me too. Suddenly, I feel my eyes swell up with tears and my heart aches a lot. The tears that had been threatening to fall finally falls down. The tears that I kept holding in for Ji Eun finally fall down. I can’t lie to myself anymore, I can’t lie that I had no longer cares about Ji Eun. I do care about her, more than anyone could ever imagine.

I got up from the lying position and hug my knees closer to my chest once again, crying my heart all out. I can’t do this anymore. I need Ji Eun; I need her in my arms once again. I’m sorry Jia Ying, but I can’t keep faking it any longer. It feels so wrong every time I have a friendly conversation with Jia Ying even though I keep saying to myself that it’s not. Somehow, I feel guilty towards Ji Eun. And I don’t want to keep feeling like this towards her anymore longer, five years are long enough.

END OF POV

 

 

 

Pop! Pop! Pop!

 

The sounds of party poppers being pulled filled the dim-lighted Sweet and Simple as soon as Ji Eun and Min Hyuk entered, followed by the deafening sounds of the blowouts, making Ji Eun to automatically shut her ears. But still, smiles didn’t fade away from her face as she stole a glance to Min Hyuk that had been equally smiling brightly too.

“Congratulations!” the Sweet and Simple co-workers shouted while throwing confetti, making Ji Eun chuckled heartily. The owner, Kim Ha Gi decided to close the shop for that night, to be the host for the celebration party. Well, she thought of her workers as a part of her family and it’s not like she’ll face a big loss for closing the shop for one night.

 

After some light talks, they left Ji Eun and Min Hyuk alone, to enjoy their time together.  And since the owner kept insisting that the party will be an ‘alcohol-free’ party, there are only just some juices prepared. She did that for the sake of opening the shop the next morning without any hangovers workers. Both Min Hyuk and Ji Eun got some food that was prepared into their own plates and took a glass of juice each before proceeding to a two-seated unoccupied table.

“I never thought I would be celebrating with lots of people like this,” she plopped in a strawberry into while Min Hyuk took a sip of his kiwi juice.

“Well, you are now. I feel grateful that we have a big, nice and awesome family like them. Don’t you think so?”  Ji Eun grinned and nodded at the question. She just felt relieved that the weighs on her shoulders finally lessen down, and it lessens in a big amount too. Min Hyuk suddenly gestured his fingers towards Ji Eun, asking Ji Eun to stand up from her seat and comes towards him. Despite of the confusion arising inside her, she still took three steps forward and towered over him. But he suddenly pulled Ji Eun’s arm towards him, making her to fall on his lap.

“O-Oppa, what are you doing? Others would see this,” she placed her palms on Min Hyuk’s chest, trying to make some gap between them. She blushed even more when Min Hyuk wrapped both his arms around her waist.

“Let them see. It’s not like they didn’t know about us. You know what? I prefer we spend this night alone, only two of us,” he looked into Ji Eun’s eyes and gave her a small teasing smile. You wanna play the game, Oppa? Ji Eun chuckled before placing her arms on Min Hyuk’s shoulder and wrapped them around his neck while adjusting her position on his lap.

 

“Spend the night alone?” she provoked Min Hyuk and he answered with a small nod. With the answer, she pinched both his cheeks, making him winced. “You’re getting naughtier Oppa. They work hard to throw this party and you want us to leave just like that? Nope, I refuse,” he pouted at Ji Eun’s answer. Tsk, expected from you, Eun Min. She stood up and went to her seat again to continue eating. Both them ate silently, enjoying the soft melody filling Sweet and Simple and of course, enjoying the delicious foods too.

 

“By the way,” Ji Eun looked up from her plate. 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

Yehet! Cliffhangers! Haha XD By the way, what do you thing the party is for? //wiggle eyebrows//

 

Sweethearts, I wanna share a happy news with you guys. I made it into the medical course! I'm going to be a medic student this early september! You don't know how much I hope that I will make into it T^T And now that I did, I feel greatly relieved. I hope I'll be able to survive through the hard years being a medic student X3 Fighting!