001

Forever A Pluviophile

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you to Sparkle22 for the awesome poster :) Without your poster, I won't be updating the story yet. And also, thank you for my dearest readers and subscribers. I'm sorry if it doesn't reach your expectations T^T

 

Don't forget to leave some comments!

 


 

 

The blazing sunlight got through the curtains into the room, making it slightly warmer. The girl hissed in annoyance as the sunlight her on the face.  Ughh, what’s time is it? Getting her phone from the side table with eyes still closed, her hand bumped onto some other things on the table before it finally reached her phone.

“Oh damn it! It’s 7.30 already!” shocked at the time, her eyes widen before she shot up from the bed instantly and grabbed her towel as she ran towards the bathroom – taking a bath. Not even 10 minutes, she got out and went directly towards her wardrobe. She picked out a soft yellow coloured long sleeves blouse and matched it with black coloured jeans. Finished doll-up, she rushed towards her study table and grabbed her back pack before she went out of the room. Quickly getting a bun of bread from the dining table, she went out of the house and locked it. Right away after she arrived at the bus stop, the bus came and she quickly went inside and slumped down on a seat near the window while giving out a heavy sigh. She slowly bumped her head against the bus window – exhausted. While on the ride, she ate her bread and took a look through the notes to occupy the time.

After arrived at the destination, which is the university, she walked fast towards the lecture hall while making sure to not bump onto other peoples. Lecture hall 2. Carefully and slowly opening the door, she popped in her head to see whether the lecturer has come or not. Seeing there’s no one at the lecturer’s spot, she released a relieved sigh before she finally opened the door wide and stepped inside. She looked ahead of her and saw a girl waved at her. There you are.

 

“Yahh! You’re late!” just after she threw herself on the seat besides the girl, the girl starts babbling about her being late, making her rolled her eyes.

“Calm down, can’t you? I just arrived here and I’m not late, I’m on time. See? It’s sharply 8.30 right now,” she craned towards her friend and showed the time on her watch where the latter shot a glare at her.

“And the lecturer’s not even here when I came in just now. Satisfied?” she sighed before she got a note book and the notes from her bag. Just as her friend wants to talk again, the lecturer came in, making her cancelled it. The lecture last for two hours. After the class ended, they walked side by side towards the cafeteria. Getting a cup of hot latte and hot chocolate, they then find a non-occupied table and settled down.

 

“Did you wake up late today?” holding the cup that’s on the table with both her palms, her friend asked her. She just hummed a ‘yes’ while rubbing the back of her neck, not wanting to keep the topic on her being late as the starter of the conversation with her friend. Both them were quiet and immersed in their own thoughts for a while.

 

“Ji Eun-ah, let’s go to the cinema after class,” the girl craned towards her with eyes widen in excitement. The latter frowned at her friend after she took a sip of her hot chocolate and put it down on the table again.

“Why? Duhh, we’ve already been to the cinema last two week. Don’t you remember that, Park Yoon Mi?” her friend pouted cutely upon the rejection.

“And I have to go to my part-time work place after class, that’s my shift for today. Sorry by the way,” Yoon Mi released a small sigh before smiling again at Ji Eun.

“It’s okay. Actually, you look too stressed out these days, that’s why I thought going to cinema might help you in a way to release your stress,” she scratched her head while saying that. Ji Eun found that it’s cute that she let out a chuckle where the latter frowned.

“You know what? You could sometimes become cute,”

“Heol, Han Ji Eun. Are you saying that you just realised it by now? Oh how could you, we’ve been friends for more than ten years already,” bringing her hands slightly to the left side of her left chest, or to be exact – at her heart dramatically, she acted like she was hurt, making Ji Eun scoffed in disbelief.

“Keep on acting, Yoon drama Mi. Oh my, I shouldn’t even say that in the first place,” she slapped her forehead right after that. She then took a sip of her already cooled down hot chocolate and rested her body on the back-rest of the chair.

“You can’t undo that, honey. Things said will remain as being said forever,” Yoon Mi shrugged her shoulders and took a sip of her latte too.

“Oh come on. Stop that, Yoon Mi. Anyway, let’s go, lectures going to start soon,” both them got up from their seats and separated because both them have different classes as they took different courses from each other. But they were lucky to have some classes together. It’s weird, but well, there’s fate in between them to arrange things, right?

 

 

JI EUN’S POV

After the last class ended, I just walk towards my workplace as it is not really far from my university. Sweet and Simple. Yes, that’s my workplace name. I know some of you are thinking about what kind of place it is and what do I do there, isn’t it? Calm down, I’m going to tell you now. Well, it is a bakery and also a café. I work as a part-time worker and my shifts could sometimes be in the morning, evening or maybe even night. Well, it depends on my free time because of, yeah, you know, I’m a university student. Thank God I got such a warm-hearted, nice and understanding employer, and yeah, my work-mates are nice too.

“Anneyeong Ji Eun,” Min Ah waves at me from the counter as I step inside of the café. I wave back at her and give a genuine smile as I walk towards her.

“Did I arrive late?” I put down my backpack on the chair and wear the cute black and white apron around my waist.

“Aniya, I’m the one who come early,” I run my fingers at my hair before I tied it into a ponytail, so that this long hair of mine won’t disturb me when I do my works later. Picking up my bag again, I went to the worker’s rest area and put my bag into my locker. After that, I go to the drinks area to start my work. Yeah, sometimes I make the drinks, sometimes I bake cakes, muffins, brownies and some other things or sometimes I would just serves the customers and also do the cleaning chores. Our employer wants her workers here to be an all-rounder, so that’s why we do all types of works. Besides, she wants us to be able to apply those skills that we learn into our daily live. That’s how nice of a person she is.

 

 

“Ji Eun, a cup of hot cappuccino and Americano, take out,”

“Okay, noted,” I replied to Min Ah who’s at the counter without even looking at her as my hands are busy making the drinks for our customer. Finished, I turned my back and walk towards the customer and put the drinks on the counter where the latter take it.

“Thank you sir, come again later,” I give a small smile as I give a small nod where he replied it back with the same actions. At the sight of a girl and a guy entering the bakery, I grin. Finally, time to go home. Another two work-mates come in and waved at me and Min Ah before both them go to the rest area to put down their things. My other two work-mates that are on the same shift as Min Ah and mine went home already a few minutes ago as the one who’s going to take over their turns came just now. Min Hyuk comes towards me and I replied the smile that he gave me.

 

“Thank you, I’m going home first,” he nodded a few times as he folds the sleeves of his white shirt. Gosh, guys look so handsome when they are doing that! I nodded back and quickly went inside the rest area before he could see the red shades that start to form on my cheeks. I untie the apron around my waist, grab my backpack from my locker and take a quick look of my appearance using the small mirror inside my locker before I lock it again. After that, I walk towards the cakes area and think for a while as I look at the cakes before finally decides to take out a slice of chocolate cheese cake and put in into a box. For your information, my employer let her workers to take out a slice or two every time our shift ends FOR FREE. Thank you, Eonnie! Now, tell me why I should stop working here? It’s a one in a million to find a person like her. The pay is good; our boss-worker relationship is more towards Eonnie-dongsaeng one, my work-mates are awesome; I get to gain more knowledge and of course, free cakes! It’s just perfect!

END OF POV