002

Forever A Pluviophile

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you once again to Sparkle22 for another awesome poster. I tried changing the dimension, but it makes your poster look a bit weird. It's okay though ^^ thank you for your hardwork ^^

 

PS : Since this chapter will be Lu Han's POV, I hope you will think of this chapter is in Mandarin and this colour is in English while this colour is in Korean. Those who have already read my another story, Life is unexpected ( http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/587497/life-is-unexpected-angst-you-cute-kyungsoo-exosuho-zhangyixing-dumped ) would understand this nagging style of mine. Mianhe. can't help it T^T

 


 

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE – UNITED KINGDOM

 

LU HAN’S POV

 

It’s freaking 8 o’clock in the morning and I just woke up a few minutes ago. Hell great, Lu Han. I quickly took a bath and after that, I wear a blue vertical stripes shirt with black-coloured slack. Taking a bas, I go to the university. Newcastle University.

 

I silently open the lecture hall door and right after I pop in my head, almost half of the students inside the hall turn their head at me, not forgetting the lecturer too. After giving a curt nod at the lecturer, I then walk towards my friend and sit beside him.

 

“You’re late half an hour Lu Han,” Danny whispered at me as I sat down.

“Normal dude, last minutes assignment,” I whispered back while taking out my lecture notes and a note book. From the corner of my eyes, I could see him shaking his head a few times. Those two hours lecture surprisingly didn’t make me feel sleepy at all. Wow. Good news. I go to the café with Danny and Jeremy right after the lecture ended.  Just as I sit down, my phone inside my pocket vibrates. I take it out and take a glance at the caller’s name.

 

“Hello?”

“Lu Han, after your class ends, right away come home, we’ll have guests tonight for dinner,” I raised an eyebrow, hearing that.

“Guests?” more than one? Not a good sign.

“Mmm-hmm. Tskk. Don’t ask much, just come home early, okay?”

“Okay mom, I got it,” I end the call after mom ended it first. I put it back into my pocket and take a sip of the orange juice on the table.

 

“Hey, wanna get on a party after class?” Danny asked at us while looking at his phone screen, scrolling it down as, well, maybe he is reading something. I don't know.

“Sorry, my mom needs me to come home early today. We get guests for dinner,” I release a sigh right after that.

“I’m on,” I look at Jeremy and he’s grinning, obviously will join the party that I don’t even know who the host is and where will it be done. Well, I kinda get used to their way of living. Duhh, Jeremy and Danny love parties and no, I’m not a fan of it. Well, I did participate in it sometimes, but I can count with my ten fingers on how much times did I went to those parties these five years I’m living here, in Newcastle.

“Sorry guys, gotta go now. I’ll catch up with you guys tomorrow,” I took a look at my watch before I said that and get up from my seat. I finished my orange juice in one shot while standing and did fist-bump with Danny and Jeremy before I walk away. Well, that’s how guys bid good bye at their friends, isn’t it?

 

 

“I’m home,” I said as I walked in and saw my mom busy serving the foods on the dining table.

“Welcome home, darling,” I roll my eyes at the word ‘darling’. Seriously, I’m 24 years old already and she still thinks of me as a kid. 

“Mom, please. I sounded like a kid with the word ‘darling’,” she didn’t even care about what I said and went back to the kitchen, getting some more dishes, I think. I take a look on the table, and wow. There are lots of foods on it. Two, four, six, eight. Eight dishes?

“Mom? Who’s coming? Why did you cook so much?” I take a bibimbap from the table and put it into my mouth. Mmphh! Delicious! Right then, my mom slaps my fingers.

“Ouch! What was that for?” I frown at her while rubbing the spot that was slapped previously.

“For the bad manner. Seriously Lu Han, you are mad when I called you darling and said that you sounded like a kid but look at you, eating ahead of the time like a kid,” I pout at her. Tchh, I’m his son and I can’t even take a bite of it ahead of the guests?

 

“Oh stop acting cute and go upstairs. Go take a bath first, you stink,” she pushes me towards the staircases.

“Oh mom, how could you do this? I don’t stink, okay? Let me have a bit more food,” I whine while being pushed.

“No no no, you can’t. Go and take a bath first,”

“Aishh, arasseo,” I pout again and walk upstairs. Right after I took a bath and changed clothes, I went downstairs again. As I walk down, I hear the sounds of peoples talking and laughing.

 

They are here already?

 

 

“Oh there you are,” my mom said and I awkwardly bowed at the guests and then walked towards the dining table before I settle down besides my younger sister, Lu Xiao Qing.

Oppa, look at her. She’s pretty isn’t it?” Xiao Qing whispers at me. She?  I look ahead of me and see a girl, maybe a year younger or at the same age of me. She has a white, fair complexion and long wavy hair down her shoulder and is wearing a turquoise coloured -- shirtdress? I don’t know, she’s sitting already.

 

“Oh, Lu Han, this is your first time meeting her, isn’t it? She is Jia Ying, Ang Jia Ying. She is a year younger than you,” I keep my eyes fix on her as my mom talks.  Her cheeks changed colours to light pink – blushed at what I’m doing maybe. She bowed her head at me where I replied with the same gesture. She keeps her head low, avoiding eye contact with me. Please, I’m not trying to make her feel uneasy; I just want to have a better look at her.

“So, let’s have dinner first and have a long talk later,” my dad speaks out and we start eating after that. Our parents, mine and Jia Ying’s do keep talking to each other but the three of us just stayed quiet and keep on eating. After we finished, we move towards the living room and Xiao Qing goes to the kitchen to help mom prepare dessert for us.

 

 

“So Lu Han, I heard you’ll end your study soon,” Mr. Ang sits besides his wife and besides her is Jia Ying. I sit on the sofa opposite of them, with Xiao Qing.

“Yes, I’ll end it at the end of this month,”

“I see. So, what’s your plan after this?” he said after he took a bite of a slice of red apple that mom prepared.

“I’m not sure yet,”

“Well Lu Han, how about you go outside and have small talks with Jia Ying now?”

 

Huh?

 

“Oh yeah, your dad’s idea is nice. Just go outside and have a talk with Jia Ying,” her mom urges her to stand up and so do mine. Sigh. So, we ended up sitting on the swing at our garden with a plate of apples in between us. Both us held our own cups of drinks in our hands, surely not wanting for the drinks to spill out when we put it down on the swing. We’ve been quiet for few minutes. Yeah, she obviously won’t start the conversation, dummy. I cleared my throat before I speak up.

 

“So… Jia Ying?” Ughh, what am I saying.

“Y-Yeah,” duhh, what’s with the nervousness? I don’t eat peoples.

“Sorry, I’m not really good with girls, so, I don’t really know what to say to you,” I scratch the back of my neck as I talk.

“N-No, it’s okay. Uhmm, how long have you been here and where did you live before?” I take a quick glance on her and take a sip of my drink.

“It’s been five years already. Well, I lived in Korea for ten to twelve years I think. And as you know, I’m a Chinese too. Dad changes his workplace when he gets promoted to a higher position. So, we have no choice but to follow him,”

“Wow. It means you know three languages already, isn’t it? Mandarin, Korean and English,” she looks at me and turns her head away as I look at her – avoiding eye contact, obviously.

“Yeah. How about you?” heyy, this conversation isn’t that bad at all.

“I’ve been living here since I’m fifteen,” I give a few nods at her and we fell quiet again after that.

 

“Do you have plans on going back to China? Or maybe Korea?”

“Well, I’m actually thinking of going back to Korea,” I said, almost whispering as I slouch down on the swing. I don’t think she heard it.

“Korea? Why?”

 

or maybe not.

 

“I miss my best friends,” and her. “I still keep in touch with them every day though,”

“Wow, they must be really important for you that you keep contacting them every day,” I give a slight smile.

“Yeah, they are a bunch of dorks that I can’t get away,” she chuckled after that, making me frowned.

 

What’s funny?

 

“It’s funny that you’re calling them a bunch of dorks,” okay, did she just read my mind? Because that’s scary.

“Did you read my mind?” oh silly my mouth. Why did I spoke it out loud? She frowns at me.

“What?” okay, that explain she does not.

“Never mind, just forget it,”

 

 

“Oppa,” I look at my right side and see Xiao Qing walking towards us.

“What?”

“They are going home already. Mom ask me to get Jia Ying Jiejie,” both us got up from the swing and put down our glasses on it.

“It’s nice talking to you, Lu Han Ge. I hope we can talk more when we meet at other time,” Ge? Oh right, she’s younger than me. She gave me a bow and I bow back.

“It’s nice talking to you too, Jia Ying. Yeah, let’s do so,” after that, the three of us walk towards the front yard, where both of our parents were waiting. After we bid good bye, we went inside again.

 

 

Oppa, what did both of you talk about?” Xiao Qing follows me into my room and lies down on my bed while I sit in front of my study table. Okay, I know some of you are confused, we’re Chinese and my sister is calling me Oppa instead of Gege. Well, when she was one years old, we moved to Korea and she found it more ‘convenience’ calling me Oppa instead of Gege. I don’t know how does her brain works out that she think so, after all, I’m okay as long as she thinks of me as her brother.

“Just casual talks little girl, and no, I’m not gonna tell you the details,” I point my forefinger at her – warning her. She pouted at me before she got up from the lying position and sit down on the bed.

“Yeah yeah, whatever you say, Oppa,”

“Now, go finish up your home works, Lu Xiao Qing,” I speak as I switch on my laptop. Another one assignment to go. Sigh.

“Oh right! My home works! Oh damn it. Thanks for reminding me, Oppa!” she thanked me while running out of my room. Tchh. Forgetful as always.

END OF POV

 

 

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and subscribe!