022

Forever A Pluviophile

“How do you know I don’t like him? Don’t act like you know everything about me because you don’t, Lu Han. That Ji Eun who was once your girlfriend had already died,” I glare at him and we stayed quiet for a few minutes like that before I took off my eyes from his face.

“Go away, Lu Han. I really wish you had never appeared here and stay away forever,” I said, almost whispering before I walked away from him.

 

SATURDAY – SE HUN’S HOUSE

Lu Han was lying on the bed with his right arm planted on top of his forehead while his eyes were closed. His mind won’t stop from keep on rewinding what Ji Eun said to him. It hurts him to death. Seeing that much of hatred that Ji Eun had showed to him, he got scared.

 

 

 Why is this happening? Won’t I have another chance? Did she hate me that much?

 

 

Suddenly, his phone that was helplessly lying on the bed too; vibrates. He lazily picked up the phone and answered the call without even seeing the caller’s ID.

“Hello?” he greeted weakly with a low sigh.

“What’s wrong with your tone? Is there a problem there?” Lu Han still had his eyes closed as he talked.

“Hm? Yeah,” he released another sigh, “Mom, what should I do to get Ji Eun back? She’s been pushing me all the time. I don’t know what to do anymore. The hatred that she got for me seems to have no end,” he could feel his stomach churns as he said that. His mother sighed too.

“Listen Lu Han, any girl would be mad if the guy that she loves whole-heartedly leaves her just like that without any reasons. It wasn’t easy for her to move on from the pain that you gave her and it is even harder that you come to her saying sorry for everything and wanting to start all over again just like that. It’s hard, especially for her. But I believe that there are still some ways that you could do to get her back. And you have to work for it,” Lu Han bit his lower lip and crumpled his fist hard.

“But her boyfriend---,” Lu Han couldn’t finish his words. He couldn’t bear remembering how close and affectionate Ji Eun and Min Hyuk looked like. It looks like it is almost impossible for him to interrupt them. They never really leave each other’s side and that make it hundred times harder for Lu Han to approach Ji Eun. He really misses Ji Eun, badly.  He misses to have Ji Eun in his arms again.

“Look Lu Han, if you think you can’t make Ji Eun loves you again, then stop and come back to UK,” Lu Han stopped breathing for a moment, until his mother continued again. “You don’t want that right? You can’t bear the thought of having Ji Eun away from you again, right? Then fight. Prove it to her that you really love her deeply. Those who give up without even giving out their best are cowards,” Lu Han took a deep breath and breathe out slowly after his mom said that.

“I’ll try, Mom. Thank you for supporting me and I’m sorry if I disappointed you,” he said sorry regarding Jia Ying’s matter.

“It’s okay Lu Han. And no, I never felt disappointed in you before this. I understand it. So, I’ll call you again later, okay? Goodnight, boy,” Lu Han finally gave out a small, almost unnoticeable smile.

“Okay, goodnight to you too, Mom,” he ended the call and sat up on the bed before he heaved out a deep sigh.

 

Andwae Lu Han, this is not the end yet. No. You are not doing your best yet, you .

 

Wait, should I just go tell Min Hyuk directly about me and Ji Eun? But….. that will only make Ji Eun get mad all over me and would definitely be the end of me.

 

 

MIN HYUK’S POV

TUESDAY, EVENING – AT SWEET AND SIMPLE.

 

Ahhh, what should I do now? Will she be fine if I tell her this?

 

The sudden tap on my shoulder cut down my thoughts. I give a small yet sweet smile as my eyes meet hers.

“Hi sweetheart,” but she just pouts before she sit down on the couch besides me. We had already finished our works for today and will be going home anytime soon. But truly, the pout that she has makes me feel uneasy.

“What’s wrong, Eun Min? Why are you pouting?” I fix her fringe before I place my left arm behind her.

“It’s you, Oppa,” I raise my eyebrows. What with me?

“You look like you are burdened by something and keep on dazing off when I talked to you today. Did you even realize that?” Ahh, right. I slide down my arm that was behind her and break the eye contact. I heave out a sigh and stand up from the couch to face her. She looks up at me and frown, maybe because I didn’t answer her.

“Come; let’s go somewhere else to talk. It feels stuffy inside here,” I held out my right hand and she hesitates before taking it. After taking our things, we went out of Sweet and Simple and headed to my car before I drove off. I decided to go to Han River to have an evening walk with Eun Min.

We stroll down along the pedestrian walk without any words. Our fingers are intertwined, yet it feels so awkward. Until at one point, she let go of my hand and face the river with hands spread out to her sides. She closes her eyes to feel the evening breeze and I could not help but to smile, seeing her pure face. I walk towards her and back hug her. We stay like that for quite a moment and she doesn’t seem to mind that I’m back hugging her too.

 

 

“Oppa,” she called before she turns around to face me. My hands are still on her waist.

“Yes?”

“Are you having a hard time?” she tilts her head and frown, but she looks rather cute doing that, making me chuckle as I pinch her cheeks. “Mwoyaaaa,” she pouts again.

I heave out a sigh. “Promise me you won’t be mad,” she takes a step back, making my arms that were on her waist fell down to my sides again.

“What?” I could tell she almost stuttered to say that and I wonder why.

 

“I-I have to go back to Japan in a few days,” I gulp down my saliva and she stares at me blankly. Ahh, I hate that blank look on your face, Eun Min. It reminds me of the past.

“W-Why?”

“I have to settle down a few things there and besides, my Hyung is getting married too,” I step forward and gladly, she didn’t step back. She looks up to me to meet my eyes.

“Will it be long? Can’t you settle it from here?” her black eyes shine and having to hear her saying that makes it even harder for me to go. Last time, when I say I’ll leave for Japan, she never asks me to stay back and even though it hurts, I was actually glad. But now, it’s different.

“Unfortunately, yes. A month? Maybe. And sorry sweetheart, it can’t be settled from here,” I cup her face. “I’ll finish it up fast and come back, okay?” I give her a small smile.

“Can I go there with you?”

 

“I wish. But I’m afraid I won’t be around you that much. I don’t want you to get bored because I can’t accompany you,” she let out a rather heavy sigh and look down, breaking the eye contact.

“Arasseo, I get it,” she still looks down at her feet.

 

“Heyyy, it’s not that I’ll never return, right?” I try to brighten up the mood between us.

“Yeah right,” she said, almost whispering, making me hug her.

“Are you that sad? Hm?”

“Eung,”

“Yahh Han Eun Min, don’t use aegyo. I don’t approve that,” it somehow makes her chuckles and I’m glad to hear that. I break the hug and wrap my arm around her shoulders as we continue walking.

 

“Make sure to come back fast, arasseo? Or I won’t talk to you ever again,” she makes her eyes smaller at me and I laugh at her action.

“Arasseo~ Do you think I want to leave my girlfriend behind like this too? Tsk,” she hugs my waist tighter after I said that. Phew, I’m glad she’s not mad. I thought she’s going to avoid me. Thank you, Eun Min.

END OF POV 

 

 

JI EUN’S POV

 You know what am I worried most about Oppa going to Japan? Lu Han. It means that he can approach me even easier because Oppa won’t be around me and I hate that. Actually, at first when Oppa looked burdened, I thought he knew about Lu Han and me. That thought of Oppa knowing about it alone is enough to freak me out. Am I glad to know that Oppa told me he’s going to Japan? Not really, but far better than him saying he knows about Lu Han and me.

 

Gosh, Oppa is leaving me again in three days. Sigh. I hate being the one who is always left behind like this. But well, it’s not like I can do anything about it. Let’s just go with the flow, Han Ji Eun.

 

Can I just skip my work for the whole month to avoid Lu Han? Of course not, pabo. Eonnie won’t agree to that except you find someone to replace you. Sigh. Chen, come and save me please!

END OF POV

 

 

Two days before his departure to Japan, Min Hyuk didn’t go to work to settle down a few things. Ji Eun couldn’t say anything because she thinks that the faster Min Hyuk finished up his works, he’ll return faster. Let’s just hold in for these few weeks, Han Ji Eun.

 

“Shin Ae-ah,” Shin Ae stopped sweeping the floor, hearing someone calling her name before she replied with a simple ‘Eo’ at the person.

“Do you know why Min Hyuk Hyung isn’t coming to work?”

“Ah~ you don’t know about it? Min Hyuk Oppa will be going to Japan tomorrow. He got some stuffs to be done there and need to stay back for a few weeks. Since well, he lived there before this,” he lived there before? Don’t tell me that Ji Eun and him just now each other after I met Ji Eun here.

“I’m sorry for asking this, but Min Hyuk Hyung and Ji Eun is really dating? Since when?” Shin Ae continued sweeping the floor while answering Lu Han.

“Yes they are. Well, if I’m not mistaken, it had been for almost 2 months. Actually Ji Eun had known Min Hyuk Oppa since long before and she told us that he was her friend since they were little but got separated when she was 14 because Oppa had to move to Japan. That was all that I know, why?” Shin Ae stopped and faced Lu Han who was just standing against the the wall near to Shin Ae while folding his arms against his chest.

“Hm? Nothing. Because I come in here late, so I’m kind of lost seeing their close relationship, that’s all,” Lu Han gave Shin Ae a small smile while she just replied with a nod. “By the way, how will you be going home? It’s almost midnight already,”

“Don’t worry, my Oppa will come and fetch me later. You can go home first if you want, it’s okay,”

“Arasseo, I’ll go home first then. Have a safe trip back and good night,”

“Ne, same goes to you,” Lu Han went back inside the staff’s rest area to take his stuffs before he went to Se Hun’s car to drive home.