024

Forever A Pluviophile

JI EUN’S POV – AT HER HOUSE

 

Sigh. What the heck is happening to me?

 

The fact that Lu Han is really here and even working with me still feels like a dream. It feels like it was only yesterday that he denied my existence, refusing to be together again. But what? You want us to become friends again? You’re unbelievable Lu Han. You pushed me away, avoided me and made me looked like a stupid girl, waiting for you for five years Lu Han. I was going to just forgive you for whatever you had done for the past five years when we met at the Sweet and Simple a few months ago, until you decided to push me away, again. If you still love me, you won’t do that, Lu Han. You won’t. Just what on earth is on your mind, Lu Han?

 

Sigh. I can’t keep on thinking about him. It’s giving me headache.

 

I get up from the couch and heads towards my bedroom to prepare to sleep. We just went out for dinner today, but I feel extremely tired. I just want to sleep now.

 

 

 

CHEN’S POV

I am still at work even though it’s past 9 pm already. These files need to be settled down by today no matter what, or I’ll get fired by my dad. Yes, my dad is my boss. But well, there’s just a bit more to be done. I just need to organize all these files-- and done! Gahhh, finally!

After locking my office room, I head towards the parking lots. Ugh, need to fill up my empty stomach. But eating alone is just unbearable, so I think having a company will be a wise choice.

I take a right turn before dialling a number.

 

“Eo Yixing, can you come to our usual dinner place? I still haven’t had my dinner,” I say that directly after the phone call is connected.

“This is not Yixing’s number, Chen,” I almost choked when I heard a girl’s voice instead of a guy’s. I take a quick glance at my phone’s screen to confirm back who did I called before placing it against my left ear again. Stupid Chen.

“Ughh, sorry Yoon Mi. My bad. I dialled this number without confirming it correctly since I’m driving right now,”

“Still as sloppy as ever,” I rolled my eyes at her statement.

“Whatever you say. By the way, since I’ve called you now, do you mind to accompany me for dinner?”

“What the heck did you do that you still don’t have your dinner yet?” I can imagine how she looks like right now – annoyed. Pftt, her ‘ahjumma’s’ side is still in her, I guess.

“I was working, okay? So you’re going to accompany me or not? Because I’m starving to death right now and the last time I ate was this morning,” the traffic light goes red so I take a quick look at the surrounding around me.

“Tsk, you’re so noisy. Geurae, text me the restaurant’s address later, I need to change my clothes first,” Assa!

“Okay. Do you want to eat anything? I’ll order it for you,”

“Anything light would be enough. Anyway, my favourites are still the same so I guess you know what to order, right?”

“Sure. See you later,” a small smile blossom on my face after I ends the call. O yeah, there’s someone to accompany me tonight!

 

It has been half an hour and the foods are already set on the table but I can’t even see Yoon Mi’s shadow around here. Urgh, girls. Ppali Yoon Mi-ah, I’m starving to death right now.

“Yah!” I jumped a bit from the sudden tap on my shoulder. My gaze follows her figure until she sits down across me. “Sorry for being a bit late,” I just stare at her as she adjusts her hair while talking.

“This is not a bit, Park Yoon Mi. You’re late for freaking half an hour!” She rolled her eyes before taking a sip of the apple juice.

“Whatever you say, Chen. It’s not like this place is just a few metres from my house. Tsk, can you just start eating? You’re too noisy,” back there, I would just choke her if she talks to me like that, but I wouldn’t do the same anymore for now. Duhh, she’s a lady and I’m a gentleman, acting like an elementary kid won’t suit me when I’m still in my office attire right now. Instead of answering her, I start digging in my foods. We continue eating without even a word spoken until I broke the silence.

 

“So how are you doing these days? It’s so hard to meet you, you know? And it’s not like you need to attend classes or what so ever anymore. You already ended your study right?” Yoon Mi looks up from her plate while munching the food in .

“Well, as always I guess. Tsk, look who’s talking. You are the one that is busy all the way. Who is the one that still had not his dinner at this time?” she sticks out her tongue at me. Pft, kiddy. Gahh, how I miss talking to her like this again. “By the way, have you been meeting up with Ji Eun these days? Do you know Min Hyuk Oppa went back to Japan? But it is just to settle up a few things there,” I raise one of my eyebrows.

“No, I didn’t meet her yet after we came back from Jeju since it had been hectic for me a few weeks ago. And no, Hyung didn’t tell me about that too. Will he be there long?”

“Ji Eun said it would around a month since Jae Hyuk Oppa will get married too,” Jae Hyuk Oppa? Ahh, Hyung’s older brother. I nod my head a few times. This kind of atmosphere reminds me of the past when Hyung, Ji Eun, Yoon Mi and me were close back there. When we didn’t have the time to meet up, we’ll just know about each other’s condition by exchanging stories like this.

 

“You know what? I really miss these kinds of talk. It had been long since we exchange news about four of us like this. How time flies, right?” Yoon Mi’s mouth was hanging ajar as I ended talking.

“Chen, do you realize that this side of you is still a bizarre sight for me? I can’t believe you can actually say things like these because back there, the only thing that you know is being a prankster and trolling peoples around,” the ‘unbelievable’ look on her face is so visible that it makes me roll my eyes.

“Duhh, people change, girl. But well, it’s not like it’s only me who miss all these things right? I know you miss it too, Park Yoon Mi-ssi,” she rolls her eyes as her response, making me chuckle. “Yah, did you drive here?”

“Nope, I came with taxi, why?”

“I’ll drive you home then. Since you accompany me tonight,”

“Okay call,” great. At first, I thought that maybe we could take a walk along the Han River after this dinner, but I don’t think she would agree. Nahh, I can always do that later. Ah, now that Yoon Mi had mention about Ji Eun, I wonder, will she be okay around Lu Han? Ughh, frustrating. I didn’t even get the chance to talk to Lu Han yet. Sigh. I’m sorry Lu Han, you are my friend too but I don’t think betraying Ji Eun for the second time is something right. Just because of you, I cut my friendship bond with Ji Eun and Yoon Mi five years ago. But now, no matter what, I’m going to stick with Ji Eun’s choice ahead of yours.

 

 

“YAHH, KIM JONG DAE!!” the sudden shout made my brain went blank for a second.

“WHAT THE HECK, PARK YOON MI? What the heck are you shouting my name for?” ugh, this kid even called my real name. If I’m insane now, I’ll just choke her neck for the sudden shout.

“Good, I thought this weirdo in front of me is actually a clone that isn’t even alive,” we – weirdo? Who? Me? I swear I’ll kill you now if you are not my friend.

“The weirdo one is you, Yoon Pabo Mi,” I swear I can’t hide the irritated expression from my face. “Can you just finish up your drink faster so that I can send you home faster and relieve my poor ears from all your nonsense as soon as possible?” she raises her right arm up to her head’s level, showing me her fist before she finish up her apple juice, obviously feeling irritated with me too. Fair enough, Yoon. Kekeke.

 

Man, I’m glad I accidentally called Yoon Mi instead of Yixing just now. Thanks to that, I can spend my time with her like this tonight.

END OF POV

 

 

 

FRIDAY – SWEET AND SIMPLE

Phew, thankfully I’m working in the morning for today while Lu Han would work for today’s night shift. It means; I won’t have to face him today. Grins.

 

Ji Eun kept talking to herself while she stuffed in her belongings into the locker. But her busy hands froze mid-way as she felt someone else is standing close, right behind her body.

“Morning, Ji Eun,” she hissed as she turned her body to face the owner of the voice.

“What the heck are you doing here right now? Your shift for today isn’t in the morning,” she rolled her eyes and tried to leave the rest area but was stopped with firm holds on her wrists.

“Do you really have to act like this towards me? Stop acting tough, because I could clearly see it in your eyes that you are just acting,” his voice was soft, yet sounded firm. Meanwhile, Ji Eun kept trying to free her hands from the grab. But then, she locked eyes with the latter.

“Ah really? You feel that I’m acting right now?” Ji Eun smirked before she continued, “I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not acting right now. Now, if you could please let go off my hands, I would appreciate that,” even though the way she said it sounds gentle, her expression screamed the other way round.

Instead of releasing Ji Eun’s wrists, Lu Han pulled Ji Eun towards his direction before wrapping his arms around Ji Eun’s neck and shoulders, securing her in his embrace. Of course Ji Eun would struggles to escape that sudden hug, but she can’t when Lu Han is surely stronger than her.

 

“Just a moment, Ji Eun. Please let me hug you for just a moment. My heart can’t take all these longing for you anymore. It lost most of its life since five years ago and I just can’t stand seeing you near me without having you in my arms. It hurts, Ji Eun. It hurts a lot,” Lu Han said in a low, soft voice while trying to tighten the hug, stopping Ji Eun from keep on struggling. And without her noticing it, her tears starts to escape from the corner of her eyes as she listened to what Lu Han had just said.

“It hurts me thousand times more, Lu Han. The one that was left hanged without even an explanation was me; it was freaking me, not you!” Somehow, she managed to push Lu Han away. She wiped the traces of tears on her face with her palms before locking eyes with Lu Han again. “Don’t tell me about hurt or pain when you don’t even understand what it is. Please just leave me alone, Lu Han. I beg you, please, leave me alone,” it could be clearly seen in her eyes that she really wants Lu Han to stay away. Lu Han looked down and slowly shook his head before he looked at Ji Eun again.

“Don’t ask me to leave you again, please Ji Eun. No, I can’t do that, never. Give me another chance to let me prove it to you how much I love you, Ji Eun. Trust me, you had never once left my heart and mind, not even once,” he pointed at his heart as he told that.

“Stop, Lu Han. I don’t want to hear any craps anymore. Can’t you see that I’m happy with Min Hyuk Oppa? Can’t you see how much I love his presence by my side? Enough, I’m tired. I need to do some works,” her eyelids were heavy, making her eyes become smaller as she talks. She turned her back on Lu Han and went out of the rest area, leaving Lu Han alone; not being able to talk more with Ji Eun.

 

Ji Eun-ah, please don’t do this to me… I really need you.

 

 

What the heck, Lu Han.. You said you only want us to become friends again, but a hug like that is not what a friend does to his friend. I’m tired of you, I’m tired…

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

Heyy guys! Here's an update for all of you! I know I'm updating a bit too late, lately but studying is killing me. I'm going to have my final in 2 weeks time. Gahhhh, I'm scared!

 

By the way, thank you for staying and thnks for keep on reading my fanfic!